Excel pictured hyperlink as "normal" cell content

Hi,

In an Excel sheet  the cells in a column contain hyperlinks(http:/
....)covered by a picture, but they seem to be empty. The reference
popups only, when I point to each cell with the cursor.
How can I convert multiple cells' hyperlinks contents as a "simple
hyperlink text, by few step? (the cell will contain the hl as genera
underscored(text) only, instead of picture or "blank" cell)

Thanks

S.Yours
bendes

P.S. As you see, I am not an expert..

           Attachment filename: hyperlink_example.xls
Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=53296

Hi bendes,
Why do you say that the cells seem to be empty when
you created the hyperlinks yourself not within the cells
but within the pictures.

You will have to use a programming solution, specifically
a macro.

If you want to transfer the link to the cell to the right of each
picture you can cycle through the  shapes on the page.
    #ExtractLinkToRightOfShapes from a posting by Dick Kusleika
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm#ExtractLinkToRightOfShapes

If you then want to remove the shapes you can do that
with one instruction.   But you can use extra code to
make sure things work well  if you run the macro by itself see
       delShapesOnSht  macro by Dave Peterson
   http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/shapes.htm

As indicated at the top of that page:  If you need assistance
to install or to use a macro see
---
HTH,

"bendes >" <<bendes.15ql1c@excelforum-nospam.com> ...
> Hi,
>
> In an Excel sheet  the cells in a column contain hyperlinks(http://
> ...)covered by a picture, but they seem to be empty. The reference
> popups only, when I point to each cell with the cursor.
> How can I convert multiple cells' hyperlinks contents as a "simple"
> hyperlink text, by few step? (the cell will contain the hl as general
> underscored(text) only, instead of picture or "blank" cell)

0
dmcritchie (2586)

How do you normalize a table?
I've been user of Access 2003 for a while and am ok using databases but somehow lack practical knowledge when it comes to redesigning or normalizing existing database and hope someone can guide me step-by-step. I'm trying to redesign our dog training club membership database. Out membership is based on household but we have only one set of handler name, mobile (cell) phone and email fields in our enrolment form and such was the case with our database Member Table. Soon we noticed people putting multiple names, mobile numbers and emails so we added second set of handler ...

normal.dot is in use by other application
Office 2003sp3 When two or more separate instances are opened, on closing a file in the second instance, the following errors appear (back translated from Dutch): * There are changes in the template Normal.dot. Do you want to save these changes? * This file is in use by another application or user (location of normal.dot) Word is configured _not_ to bug the user with questions about normal.dot (yes, I know that this is a security risk). That setting works when there is only one Word instance active. I have no control over the launching of Word applications because they are ...

"Normalizing" imported data
Hello all - I have a situation where I'm importing substantial amounts of data (30,000 to 120,000 rows at a pop) from three external sources through a text file or an Excel spreadsheet into three different data tables. I've established lookup tables for those fields that can reasonably be normalized between and amongst the data tables. The process I'm going through is: 1. Import the raw data into an "import" table that matches the structure of the source data. Also included in the import table are columns for foreign keys of 'normalizable' fields, w...

Which "index.dat" files exist normally? I found 10 of them
I wonder how many "index.dat" files exist normally on a WinXP system. I searched my system and found 10 (!). See the following snapshot: http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/3751/foundindexdatfiles.png When I read about "index.dat" files on Internet I get the impression that there is normally only 1 index.dat file and that's it. So are the remaining 9 on my system are bad copies or backups or what? Cindy Cindy Parker <cypy@live.com> wrote: > I wonder how many "index.dat" files exist normally on a WinXP system. > I searched my ...

how do i get messages in the normal startup, mine disappeared
yesterday my normal outlook startup disappeared and now I do not get my messages next to my inbox like before. does anyone know how to get it back? Not enough details provided to troubleshoot. Please provide version of Outlook, type of mail account, O/S, and if anything has been installed, updated, etc. since the last time Outlook worked as desired. This includes Windows updates, antivirus updates, firewall updates, etc. -- Kathleen Orland Please support me in my efforts: SPCA Friends for Life 2010 Walk-A-Thon http://ontariospca.akaraisin.com/p/kathleenorland.aspx "D...

sheet tabs not visible in Normal view
I just upgraded to Excel 2007 from Excel 2003. When I open one file from the previous version it does not show the sheet tabs in any mode but the full screen mode. I open other files from the previous version and the sheet tabs are visible. I looked at the Excel Options / Advanced Tab and the option to display sheet tabs is checked. Does anyone have any idea why the sheet tabs are not showing up in normal mode, and how I can get them to be visible? Thanks. there are two windows when you open file in excell. one window (outer window) is for excell itself and inner is for the partic...

Abnormal increasing if excel file.
Hello, I'll describe the situation. I have WinXp with MS Office2002 SP1. I noticed that sometimes my some excel files have a tend to encrease abnormally, although there are not many lines in them, and the size shouldn't be so big. Could you pls advise anything concerning that? Of course, I checked for virus - nothing. And no pictures, or datagrams in it, just figures. Thanks in advance, Marina Ivashina. "Marina Ivashina" <marina_ivashina@hines.com> wrote in message news:941001c3eaee$5f26f310$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hello...

Speed of dynamic vs "normal" Excel report
When I run the same advanced find from the CRM application versus from a dynmic Excel I and many of our users experience significant differnce in time it actually takes to get the data. (Were are talking 3 minutes vs. 30 minutes!) Any idea on why this signigificant difference and what to do about it? On Jul 4, 8:08=A0pm, Jan Pola <JanP...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I run the same advanced find from the CRM application versus from a > dynmic Excel I and many of our users experience significant differnce in = time > it actually takes to get the data. (Were are t...

graphs don't appear in normal view in excel
I have multiple graphs on one page that are autogenerated via pivot tables from the same file onto another worksheet in the file. The graphs are visible when using page layout view, but not when using the normal view or the pagebreak view. When I am in normal view and click to print the page, the graphs appear and are flashing. Is anyone else having this issue? What to do?? thanks ...

Unable to print to shared printer with normal user accounts
I recently updated one of the client workstations on my network. This workstation hosted two shared printers, a Dell 948 and a HP 1600 Color Laserjet. Both are connected via USB. Prior to upgrading, any user was able to print to either printer from any workstation. However since I have upgraded, all users can print to the Dell from any workstation, but the only users which can print to the HP are the Administator account or user accounts with admin privledges, from workstations other than the one the HP is connected. When a non-admin user trys to print from another workstation the ...

Cannot locate normal template
I cannot locate my normal.docx template. Running Office 2007 on Windows XP MS Word opens with text right aligned and I wish to correct that. But I cannot find the template. A full search shows no file titled "normal". Where do I find the file which Word uses when it opens? Many thanks. The normal template for Word 2007 is normal.dotm and if you have not changed the location where Word stores its templates you can find it by typing %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Templates in the Address bar of Windows Explorer or your browser. -- <>>< ><<> ><<&...

Denormalized data in Excel
Hi, I'm not an expert in Excel, but I opened an XML file in Excel, and modified and now I'm trying to export it out. However it is telling me that: ____ is not exportable because it contains the following: Denormalized data I do not understand what the above is telling me. A sample XML file can be found in the below link: http://muaddib-images.com/sample_xml.xml Can someone give me a quick guide on what's wrong? On Excel 2007 here. Thanks! In a database, "normalized" data has been associated with data identifiers that are used to link it to ...

Normalization
How can i normalised my data to 1NF, 2NF and 3NF using excel. Normalizations usually involve the transformation of data in the format y=a*x+b Let's put you a-factor in A1 and your b-factor in B1. If your raw data is in C1 thru C100, then in D1 enter: =$A$1*C1+$B$1 and copy down -- Gary's Student "Jar" wrote: > How can i normalised my data to 1NF, 2NF and 3NF using excel. Excel isn't a database, so it doesn't support relational database concepts. (assume 1NF means first normal form and so forth as defined by Codd). -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "Jar"...

convert Query based DL to Normal DL
Hi MVP guys, I need help from you in following issue. I have few query based distribution groups, that I want to convert to normal distribution group. Member of these query based DL is more than 8000 now. I want it to split it into less than 5000 users. I need to apply group nesting for those groups. Win 2003 R2, SP2, Pre win 2000. Thanks in advance -- Jaywant Kamble. "Jaywant" <Jaywant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AE9F23C2-2106-4AAE-BA81-D64F7C93264E@microsoft.com... > Hi MVP guys, > > I need help fr...

Normal users can install and use windows updates due to templates
I have a problem in that a lot of the users in the network are able to use windows update, even though they don't have the permissions to do so. I think this was set up so people could install iTunes and the like, but I'm not sure, (I've only been working here for four weeks). I would like it so that people can still install iTunes and similar programs, but they cant access windows update. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks Matt In a corporate network why would you want normal users to have permissions to install iTunes and similar programs? You can pr...

normal.dot problems HELP!
I just loaded SR3 for Office 2002 and am now having the following problem. I can recreate this error over and over again. I can open up word and open a file with images attached and the images are locaded where they are suppose to be. Then I go into outlook and create a message (outlook is setup to have word as my email editor). Once the email is sent I go back and open up the same document that had images attached to it and they are all mislocated to the upper left of the page. Outlook is changing the normal.dot file somehow when I send the email. If I then go back and delete ...

Using Sharepoint 2010 for data storage but still running full Access client with vba and normal forms
Some time ago, Albert Kallah wrote that with Access 2010 it was possible to store access 2010 data on Sharepoint 2010 but still run the Access client in windows much as a "normal" access client, accessing the data on Sharepoint 2010. "Well, the rich VBA application can sit on your desktop, but the data sits on SharePoint. You can also have the application sit on SharePoint and a copy gets pulled down sure local machine when you click on and on the SharePoint site, you'll need access installed for this to occur. So, in this case we much talking about a 100% VBA ...

Is there a normal for Excel?
I would like for my new blank documents to be 125% view. How do I do this? With word, it's so simple, I open normal. What about excel? Why doesn't excel have a normal document? Kevs OS 10.6.2 INTEL imac Office 2004 In article <C7666E7D.57025%forums55@verizon.net>, "forums55@verizon.net" <forums55@verizon.net> wrote: > I would like for my new blank documents to be 125% view. > > How do I do this? > > With word, it's so simple, I open normal. What about excel? Why doesn't > excel have a normal document? ...

draw random from normal distribution
for a little simulation i need to draw random numbers from a normal distribution with a given mean (0.025) and std dev (0.3373). Having read some earlier posts i tried =norminv(rand(), mean, std dev). Apparently, this is not the right formula: it returns regularly values in the 50%s which should not happen from my 2.5% mean. I also found the box-muller method. How could i transform the random draws from the standard normal distribution into the ones i need? Is there another formula i could use? Thanks a lot in advance Gerald. Can you post your formula? I used this one in A1:A25 =NO...

Changing CAPS to normal and vice-versa
Hi Please help me changing a cell's format from CAPS to normal and normal to CAPS using keyboard combinations. thanks -- Reg Deepak Hi there's no such command. Excel does not support this kind of formating (like Word does) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Deepak wrote: > Hi > > Please help me changing a cell's format from CAPS to normal and > normal to CAPS using keyboard combinations. > > thanks Depends on what "normal" is to you. If you mean lower case, here's one way: Attach this to any keyboard shortcut: Public Sub Tog...

Normalize phone numbers in CRM?
Curious to know what other do for CRM user's who aren't very good at following directions on how to enter phone numbers as we require. We would like them to use parenthasis around the area code, but sometimes they don't do it. Do any of you use some T-SQL routines or anything to correct the entries on an incremental basis? ...Or is there a better way to handle it? -- Sketchy "sketchy" wrote: > Curious to know what other do for CRM user's who aren't very good at > following directions on how to enter phone numbers as we require. We would >...

Abnormal results with Excel Weeknum ?
I have been using Weeknum for some time. The second parameter is to define whether the week starts on Monday(2) or Sunday(1) The first of the year 2006 was a Sunday. Entering =weeknum(1/7/2006,2) which is a Saturday in cell A2 produced 1. And I agree. Entering 1/7/2006 in cell A1 and weeknum(A1,2) in cell A2 produced 2 ???. Entering 12/25/2006 which is a Monday, in cell A1 and weeknum(A1,2) in cell A2 produced 53 ???. Entering =weeknum(12/25/2006,2) in cell A2 produced 1. That is weird. You would expect 52. Am I going to be obliged to use an If... to produce the expected result ? Can...

Need to normalize some tables after database has been split
Hi there I realize that I have to normalize some of my tables in my database but I have split the database. My question is, what is the best way to do this? All these tables have been referenced in the forms in the database. How do I change the forms without recreating them all over again? Thank you for any help in this matter. On Wed, 19 May 2010 22:24:01 -0700, forest8 <forest8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi there > >I realize that I have to normalize some of my tables in my database but I >have split the database. > >My questio...

Excel spreadsheet Normal Template
Does Excel have a normal template like Word? I would like to set it up with fonts, header/footer etc. but cannot find its location. It is not located on the C:drive\.\.\.\templates like Word. Thanks for your help. Regards Helga Helga, You can create one. Take a workbook, set up the formats as you require, and save it as a template file called Book.xlt in the XLStart directory. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Helga" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Word wants to save Normal.dot on Outlook 2003 exit??
Why would Word want to save Normal.dot when I exit MS Outlook 2003? Makes me nervous about a virus or something. -- "J. J." we are having a similar issues since upgrading to office 2003. Any help on this would be great.. srn "JDJ" <jj@invalid.invalid> wrote in message news:bpgop2l8p3gp3r5f4c6slclrq1cn8bupd7@4ax.com... > Why would Word want to save Normal.dot when I exit MS Outlook 2003? > > Makes me nervous about a virus or something. > -- > > "J. J." ...