Excel object in Word

How do I get rid of the gride lines in an embedded excel
object in word?
Gridlines are off in Print Setupand Drawing menus.

Jon
0
anonymous (74722)

In the same way you'd do it in an Excel worksheet itself?

Try this:

Double-click on the embedded Excel object in Word
(Or right-click on it > Worksheet object > Edit)

Click Tools > Options > View tab
Uncheck "Gridlines" > OK

Click anywhere outside the object to get back to Word

--
Rgds
Max

"Jon Ford" wrote:

>How do I get rid of the gride lines in an embedded excel
>object in word?
>Gridlines are off in Print Setup and Drawing menus.
>
>Jon
0
demechanik (4694)
4/26/2004 5:45:28 AM
Wow, there ya go....I tried every other "Gridline" button.
Missed that one.
Thanks!

0
anonymous (74722)
4/26/2004 12:59:04 PM
Jon, you're welcome!
Thanks for the feedback
--
Rgds
Max

"Jon Ford" wrote:
> Wow, there ya go....I tried every other "Gridline" button.
> Missed that one.
> Thanks!

0
demechanik (4694)

Download COM object
I have a web site and I want my users to download my one of my applications automatically - something the way that Activex control is downloaded and installed. This is because its a helper application, works in the background and has no user interface. Since it has no UI at all, it should be more like a COM object. Is it possible and how? Regards Dan "Dan" <dan@mandi.com> wrote in message news:%23UVzVF8PIHA.280@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I have a web site and I want my users to download my one of my applications > automatically - something the way that Activex cont...

'dots' around the letters in word art
When writing in a word art box in Publisher 2003 I have 'dots' appearing, usually above, each letter which appear when printed. I'm sure I didn't have them originally and cannot see where to 'turn off' this feature. Any ideas what they are and where to control them? Thanks All WordArt shapes? What font are you using? Check out your printer driver, maybe time for an upgrade. In the View drop down, clear Boundaries and Guides, do the dots still print? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Pu...

Password excel 2007
How does one set up up a password for the excel file I have currentley have as a short cut' Thank you bill - Open the file (Office Button | Open ... ). To password-protect the workbook, choose Review (ribbon) | (Changes section) Protect Workbook. Enter a password. Click OK. Save the file. To encrypt the file using a password, choose Office Button | Prepare | Encrypt Document ... - Mike http://www.MikeMiddleton.com "bill" <bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B14BA33B-26BF-4375-9A39-DD7E6435AC04@microsoft.com... How does one ...

deleting duplicate files from Excell
Can anyone tell me how to delete multiple files in an Excell worksheet. It is a very large database with many multiple files and was wondering if there was a macro i could run Thank you Gloria at Habitat for Humanity You can select the whole lot, then do data>filter advanced filter, copy to another location (click a cell somewhere), and finally check unique records only -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Habitat for Humanity" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0a9301c3a7b0$2acd82e0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Can anyone tell me how to delete multiple...

How can I expose the actual column & row headers in excel?
We have a timesheet program an employee created for our company. She hid all the formulas and calculations. I have unprotected the sheet and am trying to adjust the code but the acutal headers are hidden and I cannot highlight them to unhide them. (ex: the actual column headers, ABCD, ets & the row headers, 123) Juanita Wrote: > We have a timesheet program an employee created for our company. She > hid all > the formulas and calculations. I have unprotected the sheet and am > trying to > adjust the code but the acutal headers are hidden and I cannot > highlight...

How to start...missing sub-folder under microsoft which had the word 'respirository' in it
This is totally new to me...but I thought maybe it would create less stress for me, than trying to deal with Dell technical support with whom I had some very difficult language barriers with and every time they did one thing to the computer something else would happen to it. Finally dubbed a "Satan System" it was REPLACED. I was just before packing it up and returning it to them and closing out my account with them. The replacement has been like night/day. Lost all my contacts, pictures, and certain file folders created under email (Windows Mail); but must have been for a ...

Excell defaults e-mai to expressl
In excel spreadsheet, the embedded e-mails are defaulting to Outlook Express which is not my e-mail server. Thank youi. What version of Outlook do you have installed? Is it set as your default email client? Do other email links (such as on web pages) bring up outlook? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRI...

Is Excel unreliable ?
Pressing F9 / Shift+F9 doesn't update my calculated cells reliably, i.e. it just doesn't do it or gives wrongs answers. The only way to get the right answers is to drag down the calculated cells again and then press F9 / Shift+F9. Before going into more detail I just wanted to know if I am encountering a common problem ? -- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/ I don't understand what you mean by 'drag down the calculated cell' Also could we see the particular formula that Excel is getting wrong. I'm not aware that ...

Difference between basing pivot on excel list or other pivot table
What is the difference between basing the pivot table on excel list of other pivot table report? thanks Hi Gio The big pro for basing off another Pivot Table is the reservation of memory. The big con is that both are linked. This means much of what you do to one, effects the other. Perphaps the one that most get caught with is the 'grouping' of data. Group one Pivot Table and any others based off it will also be grouped. I will often base one PT off another to save the user from having to drag fields about. ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins ...

MS Excel 2000 Cell Capacity and Data Display
I'm working with a large Excel 2000 spreadsheet in which most of the cell entries are text. Some text cell entries exceed 300 words. I'm using the wrap text and row/column autosizing features. All of the text displays correctly when I'm in the cell or in the formula box. When I move to anyother cell, however, the text in the cells is cropped. How do I get all of the text to display and print properly? Thanks. If you add alt-enters every 80-100 characters, you can see lots of characters. You may have to manually adjust the rowheight, though. RCM-IEWTD wrote: > &g...

Editable .doc bound report object in Access 2003
I have a report which containers a bound word file, which allows me to edit the wording in Word. However, when I convert the database to the .mde format, I loose that functionality. Is there a setting or a way I can keep that functionality for this report in the .mde version? Thanks. ...

Page numbers in Word
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I cannot get Insert Page numbers to work in word, in documents elements when I choose Header, in other words, in any format. When I select Insert, etc. I get a grayed button reading "page" instead of the numbers. I even had an email response from Microsoft but their instructions did not correct the problem. They had me put several items in the trash, and finally restart. Nothing worked. It sounds to me like you simply may have toggled the display of Field Codes -- Try keying Option+F9 or go into the Head...

How can I show values, not formulas in Excel?
When I add a VLOOKUP function and fill down, the formula, not the resultant value, is displayed in the cells. The DISPLAY FORMULA checkbox in OPTIONS in not checked. Thanks! Could be that your cells are formatted as text, format as General. HTH JG "jwbass" wrote: > When I add a VLOOKUP function and fill down, the formula, not the resultant > value, is displayed in the cells. The DISPLAY FORMULA checkbox in OPTIONS in > not checked. > > Thanks! Make sure it is not formatted as text -- mphell0 -------------------------------------------------------------...

Integration Manager 10.0 Error: Object Reference not set to an instance of an object
Hi, Any body have any solution for the Integration Manager for MS Dynamics GP 10.0. I'm receiving an Error when i run Integration Manager Error Message: The Destination could not be initialized due to the following problem: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. I find a hot fix on Microsoft site, HotFix contains only one DLL file and Readme file After applying the hotfix by replacing the DLL Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.IntegrantionManager.cbomcommon.dll the Error changed to 'Registration Keys Expired' I did not entered any registration keys Yet. Try the following: 1....

how do i use the excel symbol toolbar?
Excel 2003 has a Symbol Toolbar that looks like it is designed to allow the easy insertion of commonly used symbols. The problem is, I can't figure out how to use it. I have tried dragging the symbols from the toolbar onto a worksheet, copying them, double clicking them, etc... Nothing works. Does anyone have any idea how to do this? It's not even in Excel Help. Select the symbol and click insert button Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Gwhizkids" wrote: > Excel 2003 has a Symbol Toolbar that looks like it is designed to allow the > easy insertion of commonly used sy...

Excel 2003 math error
I have a cell that evaluates to 318.43. When I multiply that cell by 156, Excel gives me 49674.51, but the correct result, when I do the math by hand (and by Google), is 49675.08. What the ___ is going on? Hi Try extending the number of places of decimal on the first cell, and you will probably see that it is not 318.43 but something smaller (318.4263) which has been rounded to 318.43 With your evaluation formula that results in a displayed value of 318.43 in say C1, try =ROUND(C1,2)*156 -- Regards Roger Govier <cyraxote@gmail.com> wrote in message news:8801150f-5557-412d-9143-9...

Excel document properties insert into a cell
I would like to find a way to insert the data that is stored on the "Properties" page of an excel document into the cell. In work and Visio I can do it easily but I can't figure out how to do it in Excel. I know, it's probably simple, but I just can't think that simple right now... thanks mark Mark, You will need a UDF Function DocProps(prop As String) application.volatile On Error GoTo err_value DocProps = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties _ (prop) Exit Function err_value: DocProps = CVErr(xlErrValue) End Function and enter in a cell suc...

bug in Excel?
Hi! I created a worksheet which is linked to two different "source" workbooks to consolidate data. I am using this workbook for several consolidations (same format and i just save the changed data under a file "source 1" and "source 2" for then automatically obtaining the sums in my CONSOLIDATION workbook) and that works fine. But after consolidating different workbooks and obtaining 3 different CONSOLIDATED files (which i save under another name after consolidation) for year1, year2 and year3, the values in those files change as soon as i open another one!...

How do I enter a decimal in a string of numbers in Excel? Example.
Please post your question in the BODY of the message, not the subject line, and clarify with an example of the initial data and what you want to end up with. If it's to translate 123 to 1.23, you divide by 100. On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 15:03:07 -0800, Joy <Joy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

Blank area after fixed and variable height objects
My report detail has four objects: a chart, two subreports, and a memo field. The chart is at the top left with a subreport and memo field to its right. The subreport object is slightly above the memo field, each is the same width, and both are set to ‘Can Grow’, which they do successfully. (The chart is a fixed length of 3”.) The second subreport (that should immediately follow the chart) is printing much farther down the page than where it was designed – leaving a blank area that happens to be exactly the same height as the sum of the ‘growth’ of the two object to the right of the...

Having trouble printing selected sheets in Excel
I am trying to print my document, and I select the content. I go to the File, and select "Print Area", then I select "set print area". I go into the print preview, and the selected pages are at 21 %. I adjust it back to 100 %, then select ok. I look at the document, and the same page is repeated in the print preview. I go back through the process, of selecting print area, setting the print area, and print preview, and the pages are at 21 %. I have tried right clicking, and resetting all page breaks, clearing the print area. I have also closed the document with saving ...

How Change default "look in" location in EXCEL for Importing Exte.
I am importing data contained in a text file. When I get to Import Data, the "Look In" folder location always defaults to "My Data Sources". How do I change that to the folder where my data is? (files are on my computer). thanks ...

Creating thousands of hyperlinks in Excel
I'm creating a huge directory and I'd like to include internal hyperlinks. Is there a FAST way to do this? i.e. I need to create 2000 hyperlinks, leading from one cell to a cell on another worksheet. Tips? Thanks! I'd use the =hyperlink() worksheet function. David McRitchie posted this and it might help you: =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",C5),C5) =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",sheetone!C5),sheetone!C5) =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",'sheet two'!C5),'sheet two'!C5) Megan wrote: > >...

Access Linked to Excel Producing Wrong Month
Hi! I have an Access 2007 Table that I Have linked to a pivot inside of Excel 2007. I want to be able to pivot on a date field, and have identified the field with the date, when I set up the pivot. However, what is showing up in the pivot is ONLY the month (eg, NOV), instead of the full date. WHat is then happening, as my access DB contains rows with dates from several years, is that all the NOV's are being added together, regardless of year. Why is it doing this be default? How can I undo this? WHat I really want is YYYY-MM or MM-YYYY format in my pivot (I do not need to get ...

Too many Excel applications running at the same time
I have MS Excel 2010 installed on my computer. Every time I open up an Excel file it opens a new Excel application in my Windows dock at the bottom of the screen. If I open 5 Excel docs I have 5 separate Excel applications running. Before I had Excel 2010 installed I would only have one Excel app. running and I would see teh separate files in the Switch Window command at the top of the screen. What actions do I need to take so that I don't have numerous Excel apps running, instead of only one? I doubt if you have multiple Excel applications open. What you probably have is a button for e...