Excel Mailing Labels

I have been given a disc created in Excel to print mailing
labels for a school.  The names and info are listed
seperately in each column from A - J and there are around
500 different rows.  I can not figure out how to convert
them to a mailing label such as Avery.  I know that it can
be done because the first set was printed for me.
Please help!  Thank you in advance.
0
roxanna (1)

Roxanna,

Excel doesn't have any facility for changing the layout of data
automatically, as would be needed for mailing labels.  Word and Access do,
and either can use the data in your Excel sheet, if it's properly laid out
with column headings, one row per record, etc.  With Word, you use Tools -
Mail merge.  With Access, you make a Report (and I think there's a wizard
for making a mailing labels report that will let you specify the particular
Avery label number you're using).

Earl Kiosterud

Mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period com.
---------------------------------
"Roxanna" <roxanna@balfour-nw.com> wrote in message
> I have been given a disc created in Excel to print mailing
> labels for a school.  The names and info are listed
> seperately in each column from A - J and there are around
> 500 different rows.  I can not figure out how to convert
> them to a mailing label such as Avery.  I know that it can
> be done because the first set was printed for me.
> Please help!  Thank you in advance.

0
Earl
9/8/2003 2:29:59 PM
Roxanna

I have to do this regularly.
Save the sheet as .csv file type. You can then tell the Avery program to use
the .csv and it will without any problems.

Andy

"Roxanna" <roxanna@balfour-nw.com> wrote in message
> I have been given a disc created in Excel to print mailing
> labels for a school.  The names and info are listed
> seperately in each column from A - J and there are around
> 500 different rows.  I can not figure out how to convert
> them to a mailing label such as Avery.  I know that it can
> be done because the first set was printed for me.
> Please help!  Thank you in advance.

0
andy9118 (66)

Printing an Excel doucument

Can�t open some mail in Exchange 2003
Hi! I�m using exchange 2003 and Outlook 2000 and 2003 I have some mail that I can�t open, I get the error "Can�t open this item, The operation failed." I can view, delete or take backup on the mails. I have tried to resote an old backup, the I get two mails with the exact same name, I can open the restored mail, but still not the orginal. How can I delete the bad mails? Is their a tool to check all the mailboxes for errors in Exchange 2003. Best regards Joakim Sweden ISINTEG will help you. Make sure that you have usable backup before you start. Jocke wrote: > Hi! > &g...

Windows Update

displaying multiple e-mail addresses
I am using Outlook 2000 with Windows XP and can not get my address book to display multiple e-mail addresses for my contacts. I would like to see all of the e-mail addresses which are loaded for a particular contact when I open the address book and/or when I select "To" or "Cc" to add an address to an e-mail. My work computer (Outlook 2000 and Windows 98) displays multiple entries for contacts with multiple e-mail addresses (E-mail, E-mail 2, E-mail 3). Can anyone tell me how to change this display setting? In what mail support mode are you using Outlook? If it's ...

mail-enabled user question
Hi, everyone. I created mailbox-enabled user accounts for all employees and mail-enabled user accounts for external clients. when i tried to forward those mail-enabled accounts with their external account like abc@hotmail.com, there is no such an option on the client account properties panel. i was told to setup mailbox enabled accounts for the clients and disable those accounts. I can certainly do that, but just want to differentiate two types of accounts by creating mail-enabled accounts for them. Is there anyway to use mail-enabled account to do mail forwading. i'm pretty new...

excel axes

Excel program

2003 Excel and 2007 Trial Version Excel

Forward e-mail from Outlook
Hi , Is it possible to Forward all e-mails from Outlook, and preserve original FROM, CC fields ? -- Thanks, Maxim In news:efgCq6%23FGHA.2300@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl, Maxim Kazitov <mvkazit@tut.by> typed: > Hi , > > Is it possible to Forward all e-mails from Outlook, and preserve > original FROM, CC fields ? Not forward...no. That will forward the mail *from you*. What you're looking for is to redirect it, I think - but you haven't mentioned your version of Outlook. only if you forward as attachment or use a 3rd party addin. -- Diane Poremsky [MV...

Error Message When opening Excel

Excel number / date conversion

Email from Excel #3

version excel

double line spacing using excel 2000

Hang when receiving signed e-mails
Hello, When I receive signed e-mails and select them in the inbox, Outlook hangs for 6-7 seconds before I get the message "This item cannot be displayed in the Reading Pane. Open the item to read its contents". While I open the e-mail by double-clicking it, it appears in the reading pane as well. Any ideas why it hangs, and how I can fix it? (and preferably also be able to read the mail in the reading pane). Thanks. Regards, Nils Magnus Nils Magnus <nmee@nmee.net> wrote: > When I receive signed e-mails and select them in the inbox, Outlook > hangs for 6-7 seco...

Excel 95 to Excel 2003
Anyone know if it's possible to convert Excel 95 files to Excel 2003? If so, how. Thanks in advance Open the file in 2003 and SAVE as you would a file created in 2003. If not absolutely positive, save as a different name. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Cooper" <kcooper2@austin.rr.com> wrote in message news:uqLpEuG4EHA.1292@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Anyone know if it's possible to convert Excel 95 files to Excel 2003? If > so, how. > > Thanks in advance > > Open in XL 2003, when you close it, it should, ask you if you w...

I can't set up my account on Windows Mail
Hi . I need help, I tried to set my email up on Windows mail using, gmail accounts, gmx and everything you could think. I worked on it for days but nothing ever worked. I'm pretty sure I put in the right POP and all. What else can I do? Does Gmail and gmx and all not work on a mail server on the actual desktop? Please help me? asiankelsey;1224241 Wrote: > Hi . I need help, I tried to set my email up on Windows mail using, > gmail > accounts, gmx and everything you could think. I worked on it for days > but > nothing ever worked. I'm pretty sure I put i...

Conversion Excel 97 to Excel 2003
Hi There, I would like to convert Excel 97 files to excel 2003 I m using Save AS, but little bit confuse what type I have to choose "Microsoft Office Excel workbood (*.xls)" or "Microsoft Excel 97 - Excel 2003 & 5.0/95 workbook (*.xls)". We will not use Office 97 anymore next few weeks. Thank for your prompt response. Wayne You shouldn't have to do anything. If you feel the need, just save as microsoft excel workbook.xls -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Wayne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8286...

Inner Borders in Excel 2007
Before in pre-Excel 2007 world, I used to be able to select a range of cells, click on a button to get vertical or horizontal boarders for the range selected. In Excel 2007 I can only apply outer boarders. Was this feature removed? I now have go to "format cells", then select the "borders" tab to do the same. Where did the buttons for inner vertical/horizontal boarders go? Thanks. louishong - Home ribbon > (Font group) drop down between Underline and Fill Color - Mike http://www.MikeMiddleton.com <louishong@lycos.com> wrote in message...