excel LOOKUP( ) error

using the LOOKUP( ) and the formula works fine....except in the first
row of data.  the formula is there and the references are correct, it
just refuses to return data

help...

--
apples
apples's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15299

Post the formula you are using along with some sample data.  What
result does your LOOKUP currently return?

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"apples" <apples.1e4eny@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

> using the LOOKUP( ) and the formula works fine....except in the
> first
> row of data.  the formula is there and the references are
> correct, it
> just refuses to return data
>
> help...
>

> --
> apples
> apples's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15299
> View this thread:

chip1 (1821)
10/14/2004 2:33:51 PM
Hi
are you sure that you have a match? Also what value is returned? #NA?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"apples" <apples.1e4eny@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> using the LOOKUP( ) and the formula works fine....except in the first
> row of data.  the formula is there and the references are correct, it
> just refuses to return data
>
> help...
>

> --
> apples
---
> apples's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15299
> View this thread:

frank.kabel (11126)

Is there a limit to how far excel will search a list for autocomplete?
Auto complete doesn't work for my entire list of 4200 rows. List has no empty cells, sorted alphabetically and all upper case. Is there something wrong with my list or is there a limit to the list length? Yes, I did some investigations some years ago and discovered that there were limits, but I can't remember what they were and I haven't been able to retrieve the post with the details in. Hope this helps. Pete On Feb 10, 9:09=A0pm, Bluejay <fi...@comcast.net> wrote: > Auto complete doesn't work for my entire list of 4200 rows. =A0List has > no empty cells, sor...

Using Excel to analyze HTML
I can't get Excel 2000 or Word 2000 to let me paste HTML code without displaying the code as a webpage. Is there a setting I can turn off somewhere to get Excel and Word to be less presumptuous and let me work with HTML without displaying it, in weak attempts at being WYSIWYG HTML editors? Gregg Unfortunately HTML became a 'native' format in XL2000, so no is the simple answer -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "GreggRoberts" <GreggRoberts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9...

The inverse error function (erfinv)
H I need to use the inverse error function erf(x)=0.8 <=> x=inverf(0.8) <=> x=0,90469 Currently i am using the goal seeker, but i know that matlab has a erfinv function - does excell have one? if not - does anybody know about som java-coding that can do it Best regard morten inverf(p) = SQRT(GAMMAINV(p,0.5,1)) inverfc(p) = -NormSInv(p/2)/Sqrt(2) Mathemetically exact, but not necessarily numerically good in versions prior to 2003. Jerry Morten wrote: > Hi > > I need to use the inverse error function: > > erf(x)=0.8 <=> x=inverf(0.8) <=&...

XML excel file
Hello!!! I need to insert an image file in this XML Excel file. How can I do it? <?xml version="1.0"?> <?mso-application progid="Excel.Sheet"?> <Workbook xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:spreadsheet" xmlns:o="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" xmlns:x="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:excel" xmlns:ss="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:spreadsheet" xmlns:html="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"> <DocumentProperties xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office"> <Last...

excel 2003 issue
Hi all, I am a newly joined chennai guy for this group. thanks for allowing me to join. can anyone please solve this problem. I am working as a tech-support for a software company. I could not find a solution for this. Please help. In Excel 2003 when i am opening a file which has 4 worksheets in it, it is asking for a update link dialog box, where iam routing the same to the source file. but after that too, it is not updating the fields in the excel. other info is it is asking the same file to link. Then i tried opening the same file in another machine which has office 2000. it is asking th...

Exporting to Excel #2
Some computers have an the option "EXPORT TO MICR. EXCEL" in their toolbar after right clicking on a webpage? I don't have that option but really need it. Can anyone help? Try the following in "no particular order" Copy the selection and paste it into excel Do a save as CSV (Comma Seperated Values) Do a save as Tab deliminated. If you try to import and everything goes into column A only. Selec column A and then in the "Font" selection Select "COURIER" and then yo might see where there are "possible" column breaks. If there are - the - ...

Custom Functions and Excel Add-in.
I am using Excel 2002 (SR-2), but the problem occurs in 97 as well. I have created an Add-in (xla file) that contains numerous functions. Some of these functions are used directly by a number of workbooks to insert a value in a cell. For example, Cell A1 has the following formula '=getProduct()', where the getProduct() is a function in my add-in. My problem arises from the fact that my add-in and workbooks are distributed within the company and our clients. Why is it a problem, well, unless the add-in is in the same directory as the workbooks, or located in the same directory on e...

Excel Workbook
Hello I have an Excel Workbook that has been sent to me by email. At the moment it only has column headings on 10 different worksheets with no data as yet. For some reason it is showing as being 5Mb but has no data! The only thing that looks out of place is that a couple of the worksheets seem to have 25000 rows active. This makes the scroll bar very small. Could this be what is making the workbook very large? If so, is there any way of 'dis-activating' these rows/cells? Thanks "Rich" <richard.cartwright@npower.com> wrote in message news:099c01c355b2$708...

can you convert an excel document to a powerpoint doc,
i have an organizational chart in excel and need to convert it to powerpoint. Is this possible. "dolphin" <dolphin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:99472059-A5CE-4C59-B5CD-779DEA1A9D4F@microsoft.com... > i have an organizational chart in excel and need to convert it to > powerpoint. > Is this possible. Tried Insert-Object? ...

Opening New Excel file closes the Existing One Automatically
Hi! I've got a few templates that we use in our office. We'd frequently create standard workbooks from these templates: We had a shortcut insid the task pane which we click to cerate a new one from the standard template, fill it with data. At the point JUST BEFORE IT'S BEING SAVED (or have a filename), if we open another existing workbook (created from the same template and saved on disk), it would open and Excel would closes the UNSAVED copy without even prompting us to save. This is costing us a lot of time but looking inside the macros of the template, I've not e...

Lost functionality in Excel 2007
Hello, I often make scatter charts within Excel and I like to add trendlines to these charts, with the equations and associated R^2 values. With previous versions of Excel I could increase the precision of the equations using the "Increase Decimal" function in the toolbar. This has handy when one didn't want to manually recalculate the trendline to access reasonably precise values for the trendline. I tried to do this with Excel '07 and it doesn't work. I know this is a minor example, but has anyone run across any other lost functionalities in Excel, or indeed anywhere in...

Open StartOfficce file with excel
I need to open a sxc file with excel. How can I do for open it? I can't export the file with startoffice.. In StarOffice, do a SaveAs and change the file type to Excel2000 format. "Leandro Castilllo" <l@f.c.r> wrote in message news:uGKiVO1wDHA.2000@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I need to open a sxc file with excel. How can I do for open it? I can't > export the file with startoffice.. > > I can't do that, I download the file to the Internet and I don't have the StartOfficce... "Alex D Coker" <acoker01@midsouth.rr.com> wrote in me...

how do i create a path to a worksheet from outside of excel
i am creating a stand alone application with flash from within the app i've created links to open a excel file this works no problem what doesn't work is trying to access specific worksheets within the excel file the file path i'm using is... guidebook.xls#'2.2'!A1 where '2.2' is the name of the worksheet what is the correct file path to not only open a excel file but to open a specific worksheet within that file??? ...

error code 800004002
after allowing windows to install updates my computer has been unable to complete "logging off" and ends up not shutting down correctly... I then have to boot back up in safe mode... since these updates were installed I can no longer search for new updates and I get error code 800004002 while trying to get new updates in an attempt to fix the issue windows dumped on me... HELP HELP... I am running Vista business and have been allowing windows to install all updates... This is the first time it has caused a problem... not sure how I will view updates in the future should...

XMLSerializer
When I use the XML Serializer in the following example, the first Serialize (with the class Pets) works, but the second (with the cplaa Pets2) fails. Which arrtubute nedds to be applied to make the second Serialize work namespace SerializeTes public class Class [STAThread static void Main(string[] args Test _test = new Test() _test.TestAnimal() public class Tes public void TestAnimal( Pets newPets = new Pets() newPets.MyCat = new Cat() newPets.MyCat.Claws = "shapr" newPets.MyCat.Name = "Fluffy" newPets.MyCat.Weight = 5...

Copy Partial Cell Contents in Excel ? #2
I will definitely work through those responses and give them a try! Los this thread for a little while, but FOUND it again! Thank you very muc for your help Sirs! Best, Ma -- MacDubhga ----------------------------------------------------------------------- MacDubhgal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1424 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=25899 ...

When I attempt to save a workbook I get a disk is full error
I have a copy of Excel 2003 installed on a server. It is in a share were the 4 people on out team can access throuh a mapped drive. When any of us open the workbook make some changes and attempt to save it we get a messavebox that says the disk is full. This in not true. If we save the workbook to our desttop, make the edits save it and copy it back to the server they are saved for the next person to see without a problem. This adds a good deal of time to the changes over the month and we would like to know ifanyone can tell us why we cannot edit the file directly on the server. It...

Run-time Error '438': Object doesn't support this property or method
Hello, does anyone see a problem with the following code? SelectInfo is defined as: Sub SelectInfo(ballotWkst As Worksheet)...Thanks!! Sub ImportOnBehalfOf() Dim wkbknum, thisnum As Integer Dim wkst As Worksheet Dim wkbk As Workbook For wkbknum = 1 To (Workbooks.Count - 1) For Each wkst In Workbooks(wkbknum).Worksheets If wkst.Name = "Ballot" Then SelectInfo (wkst) '<--doesn't like this line End If Next Next End Sub Waht happens if you either remove the parentheses or change it to us...

Excel 2007 default colors charts
How do I change the default chart colors in Excel 2007? Thanks, Gene Gene, I don't know the answer to your question but the following may help. 1. Click in the Chart / Chart Tools / Design contextual tab / Chart Styles In here these is a whole variety of different colours to choose from. 2. The other thing that you might consider is Page Layout / Themes group / click in the Colors drop down and choose what you want from here. You can also set up your own Theme Colors in here by clicking:- Create New Theme Colors . . . 3. Finally you might like to consider Page ...

'Cannot move to folder...' rule error
My rules stopped working. When I go to run them manually, I get a 'Cannot move to folder X...' error. Doesn't say WHY I can't move it, though. Any idea what might be causing this? -Darrel -- ================================================================= Win prizes searching google: http://www.blingo.com/friends?ref=hM72-GU3FWzMFnTqhv-2GE1FNtA ...

Find and replace for comments in excel 2003
Hi , Actually i need the bulk updations in the comments in Excel 2003, For eg. In excel i have few cells in every cell i need to update specific word with another word like find /replace. please can you give me out needful information for my requirement. Thanks, omprakash Dear Omprakash you can use following macro select the cells you want to make changes in comment & run this macro. Please dont forget to experiment this with on small part of file or backup copy. i have written the code just now & tested it but not sure of any bug Sub ReplaceinComment() Dim temp1 As String, ...

How can I edit cell contents with a macro in Excel?
I'm trying to creat an Excel macro that edits cell data, remembering the edits, not just the resulting value or formula. If, for example, I want to delete all but the last three characters of a cell value, and I record a macro, editing the cell produces a line like: ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "745". But I don't want the specific value. I want the process. I'm essentially asking for RIGHT(R1C1,3), but I can't use that formula in the macro because it would be a circular reference. What am I missing? Those same kind of functions are built into VBA: Option Exp...

Return Error Message
I have a C routine that attmpts to execute a DeviceIoControl(HANDLE ..... ) instruction. It returns a "ERROR_REVISION_MISMATCH" upon attempted execution. I am using MIcrosoft Visual C 6.0 on a system running Windows 2K. I have removed and rebuilt the WIN2000DDK to see if that cleared up the problem. The problem still exists. Can anyone explain the error message and or the cause? LT ...

Error on page #2
I'm getting the following error when opening a report. Using CRM 4.0 on a Windows XP desktop and have tried both IE6 and IE7. Microsoft Dynamics CRM Error Report Contents <CrmScriptErrorReport> <ReportVersion>1.0</ReportVersion> <ScriptErrorDetails> <Message>Automation server can't create object</Message> <Line>18</Line> <URL>/Corporation/crmreports/viewer/viewer.aspx?id={52B2C34D-A7DD-DD11-9EE1-001C23CEBA7D}&helpID=User%20Summary.rdl&action=filter</URL> <PageURL>/Corporation/crmreports/viewer/viewe...

Event ID 1025 SLINK::EcTestMessage Error: 0x8007000e
We are getting the following error in out W2K3Sp1 XS2K3 SP1 server's Application log. Any ideas? Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store Event Category: General Event ID: 1025 Date: 10/25/2005 Time: 5:40:28 PM User: N/A Computer: XXXXXXX Description: An error occurred on database "RTC\Huber". Function name or description of problem: SLINK::EcTestMessage Error: 0x8007000e Jonathan, I can't say I've seen this exact error code before but a good starting point for such events might be to run isinteg... isinteg -s server_name -fix -test allte...