excel: How can I color code rows based on a value in a cell?

Jexample: If the value in cell J2=P, then shade the entire row in yellow.

1. Select row 2.
2. Go to Format > Conditional Formatting. Select "Formula
Is"
3. Insert:  =$J$2="P"
4. Click the "Format" button and format as desired.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

0
jasonjmorin (551)
2/1/2005 10:13:10 PM
Parker

Select the entire row to color.  Doesn't have to be row 2.

Format>Conditional Formatting>Formula is: =$J2="P"

Pick a color from from the Format button.

Note the $J2 must be entered as is with the $ sign.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 13:43:02 -0800, "Parker1333"
<Parker1333@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Jexample: If the value in cell J2=P, then shade the entire row in yellow.

0
Gord

Can't add more addresses in OL 2000
I'm trying to add 3 more email addresses to the existing 6 in my current list. They seem to be added ok, the POP3 and SMTP servers are correct, the Username and Passwords are correct in the setup and I can send mail from any of the new addresses. What I cannot do is get OL to download existing mail from the server. I know the mail is there because I can log on to the ISP's mail program and see it. When I use Tools, Send/Receive, none of the new mail accounts are listed in the box, only the previous 6. When I went back to Tools and deleted one of the original 6, it still shows up un...

Printing an Excel doucument

Windows Update

how do i form 2 lines in 1 row?
I'm guessing you're looking to force text in a cell to wrap into the next line of the same cell. If that's true...... Edit the text and move the insertion point to where you want to wrap the text. Hold down the [Alt] key and press [Enter] Does that help? ---------------------------------- Regards, Ron Microsoft MVP (Excel) "MSEXCELROOKIE" <MSEXCELROOKIE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:951AA059-1613-4A62-AAA6-7890AF6F84A6@microsoft.com... > In one cell type this is line one then Alt + ENTER then type this is line two. The Alt ...

how can I avoid missing WM_LBUTTONUP message?
Hello, Inside my WM_LBUTTONDOWN handler, I call SetCapture() so that if the user moves off my control before letting up on the mouse button, I will still receive the WM_LBUTTONUP message. Inside my WM_LBUTTONUP handler, I'm calling ReleaseCapture. However, it seems if the user presses down on the mouse, and then a MessageBox pops up before he lets up on the mouse, I am not getting the WM_LBUTTONUP message. My assumption is that the MessageBox is reclaiming the capture, and my control is losing it. I am aware that I can be alerted of this condition by handling WM_CAPTURECHANGED. I&#...

Value-of Select
Hi there, Im in a pickle chaps. I need to fetch information out from our raw XML files into a Style XSL sheet. Basically I have the commant <xsl:value-of select="Product/ProductCode"/> However the structure of the XML file is based like the following example <root> <Product> <ProductCode type="Seller">V1145</ProductCode> <ProductCode type="Buyer">H05439</ProductCode> </Product> </root> As you can see, we have different product codes based on Buyer and Sellers. However in my style sheet I only wan...

excel axes

Excel program

Shift held too long key blocker on can't get it off
Can anyone help? Hi! I had this happen to me a while back. I can't remember what I had to do to fix it, though. This is an operating system setting. Maybe post in a Windows group. I did a quick search of Windows help and of course it was NO help! Biff "plumber1" <plumber1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD9437D5-5BC5-4315-A4A5-0BB4F85E142C@microsoft.com... > Can anyone help? > Maybe it was: windows start button|Control Panel|Accessibility Options|Keyboard tab Something to do with StickyKeys???? (But I don't know what key blocker is.)...

2003 Excel and 2007 Trial Version Excel

Creating a Chart from Cells that use a List Box
Hi, I am trying to create a number of charts (e.g., pie, line etc) based on data that is slelected from a list box (i.e., data validation). What i would like to do is create the charts before any data is entered (if that makes sense) and as data is entered the charts will display this. ...

Error Message When opening Excel

Can I connect two POS in the same store without RMS?
Can I connect two PCs running POS 2.0 to each other in the same store on the same counter (so that they use the same database) without running an RMS? If so, how? Do I need to establish a LAN between the two PCs? Or can I simply connect them with a cross-over cable? Please advise. Thanks a million! -D First You need license for 2nd station then You can buy router for local network . It is very easy to connect. -- Thank You Harjit SherGill /DBA Altaville Market 324 South Main st po box 370 Altaville CA 95221 Tel : 209-729-1403 vendaliajat@yahoo.com "Dursun" <Dursun@discu...

Hey /w VB Code...
I had this code to switch my view every hour to the Outlook main screen; but it no longer works /w Outlook 2003 - can anyone help? Thanks in advance! Dim iHour Private Sub SwitchView() If Hour(Now) <> iHour Then Dim ctl As Office.CommandBarControl Dim cbpop As Office.CommandBarPopup Dim cb As Office.CommandBar Set cb = Application.ActiveExplorer.CommandBars("Menu Bar") Set ctl = cb.FindControl(ID:=5599, Recursive:=True) ctl.Execute iHour = Hour(Now) Set ctl = Nothing Set cb = Nothing End If End...

Excel number / date conversion

Email from Excel #3

error code 0x80070021 05-25-10
I get this error code when I'm trying to backup email in Outlook. Where are the error messages listed on the Microsoft website or any other website that is free? Is Outlook closed when you try to back it up? Have you exited Outlook and even made sure that the OUTLOOK.EXE process is not running? -- Kathleen Orland "Yocalmama" <Yocalmama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94E229ED-4090-44D1-8FAF-708F95F0A13D@microsoft.com... > I get this error code when I'm trying to backup email in Outlook. Where are > the error messages liste...

version excel

How can I set up a student data base using word 2003?
I am a music teacher and would like to set up a data base for my students including information regarding - exams, competitions and results. Names, ages, birthday reminders, parents details and goods and services delivered. I use Microsoft Office 2003. Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks. Decide what you want to keep track of and put each piece of information into separate cells. And one row per entry--don't put the data for one person on multiple rows. Try to keep your data on a single worksheet. If you thought that you'd want multiple worksheets (one for each class),...