Excel Help Required

I have a list saved in a workbook. (Employee Names and numbers)
I have to use data from this list very often in different excel files.
Is it possible to link this file with any other excel file in a way that
each time i type employee no in a cell, it displays employee name
respectively?
0
numbers (7)

Just have both workbooks open and in source wb a table of numbers and names.
Then, from the destination wb, use a =vlookup(a1,    Now activate the other
wb and highlight the table>touch enter and complete the vlookup
formula>close the source workbook and notice the difference. You will no
longer need the source wb open to get the desired result.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
numbers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a list saved in a workbook. (Employee Names and numbers)
> I have to use data from this list very often in different excel files.
> Is it possible to link this file with any other excel file in a way that
> each time i type employee no in a cell, it displays employee name
> respectively?

0
Don