Excel hang-up/crash problem

I have two realively large workbooks with macros. Data is to b
exchanged between them. But when I have both two open, Excel jus
halts/crashes without any error message. Separately both works jus
fine (also at the same time running in separate Excel applications).

Any ideas on how to fix this?
Could settings for mermory be the thing? How can I change the me
settings? (i run Excel 2000 on XP Pro.)

Thanx in advance!

Georg Rokn

Hi gerok!

Find and Select C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\local settings\temp

Select all files and delete. If you feel that�s extreme, just copy
them to a new location before deleting but remember that you can
delete them later. Try Excel again.

Possibly a bloated Excel.xlb file. Locate it using Start > Search >
For files and folders. It shouldn't be more than around 30K. It is
safe to delete this file but you'll lose existing toolbar
customizations, so unless it's bloated badly make a frequent backup.

And from Charles Williams:
http://www.decisionmodels.com/memlimits.htm

You may have troubles if RAM is less than 256 MB but 512 is best if
your workbooks are large.
Usually you can let Windows automatically control the size of your
swapfile, but if the hard disk containing your Windows system (usually
C drive) has very little space you may need to manually control the
size and location of your swapfile using the Windows Control Panel
(System Properties, Advanced Tab, Performance Settings, Memory
Useage). If you work with large workbooks your swapfile should be at
least 256MB and preferably 512MB to 1024MB.

-
Regards
Norman Harker MVP (Excel)
Sydney, Australia
njharker@optusnet.com.au
available free to good homes.
"gerok >" <<gerok.12htew@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> I have two realively large workbooks with macros. Data is to be
> exchanged between them. But when I have both two open, Excel just
> halts/crashes without any error message. Separately both works just
> fine (also at the same time running in separate Excel applications).
>
> Any ideas on how to fix this?
> Could settings for mermory be the thing? How can I change the mem
> settings? (i run Excel 2000 on XP Pro.)
>
> Thanx in advance!
>
> Georg Rokne
>

> ---

njharker (1646)
3/2/2004 1:50:06 PM
To Norman Harker:

Thanks for Your help, it was very useful!
But I could not find the excel.xlb file, searching the entir
computer???

Regards
Georg Rokn

Hi gerok!

Try using *.xlb as the search string. But don't be too concerned as I
think that bloating of the xlb file was cured for Excel 2002 and
above. I haven't seen any firm reports to the contrary.

--
"gerok >" <<gerok.12hy97@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> To Norman Harker:
>
> Thanks for Your help, it was very useful!
> But I could not find the excel.xlb file, searching the entire
> computer???
>
> Regards
> Georg Rokne
>

> ---

njharker (1646)

Possible MSVCRT.dll problem
I get these errors when trying to install any version of Iomega's EMC = Retrospect Express HD for Windows. Using Windows 2000 Prof. =20 Any help would be greatly appreciated! Pls post and also email to me = at brotherdave@bigfoot.com. Thanks! Bob MSVCRT.dll for Win32 Error: MSVCRT.dll is not compatible with Win32s. The application failed to initialize properly [0xc0000142]. Click on OK = to terminate the application. How does your question pertain to Outlook Express functionality? EMC� Retrospect� Express HD - System Requirements http://www.retrospect.com/pro...

CList problem: double entries...
I'm having trouble workin with a simple CList: the function always adds the first element twice and I don't know why. also, the later added elements do not appear immediately in the list, but only on the next function call... here is the code: ---------------- CList<CASystem, CASystem> AllCAS; CASystem *GetCreateCASystem(int ID) { bool bFound = false; CASystem *pCAS = NULL; // check if AS list exists if(AllCAS.IsEmpty()) { // create new AS pCAS = new CASystem; pCAS->ID = ID; ...

Printing an Excel doucument

Beware apparent Tax Estimator problem in M+
The Tax Line Manager shows a "tax category" (my term for lack of a better name--these are kinda cryptic like budget groups) called "State taxes" as being associated with Schedule A. I have a category "Taxes : State Income Tax - previous year" associated with "State taxes". Tax Line Manager shows amounts from transactions categorized as "Taxes : State Income Tax - previous year". So far so good. And there it stops. Tax Estimator doesn't add the amounts from this "State taxes" tax category into the "Deductible Taxes"...

Windows Update

excel axes

Excel program

2003 Excel and 2007 Trial Version Excel

Error Message When opening Excel

Excel number / date conversion

Email from Excel #3

version excel

Hang Error B1
Windows 32 bit HP SP 2 installed.. 2 40 gb hd and one 120 external. Commonly crashes steady and slow..although most app and addons have been disabled. Can anyone help me to fix this? Thanks Problem Event Name: AppHangB1 Application Name: firefox.exe Application Version: 1.8.20081.21709 Application Timestamp: 49494210 Hang Signature: 457d Hang Type: 2048 OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3 Locale ID: 4105 Additional Hang Signature 1: bd9b4d9e9564daaa4aab4a99f29d0819 Additional Hang Signature 2: e604 Additional Hang Signature 3: b791593827343e9d88082bc8ba4b088f Additional Hang S...

Publisher 2007 crashes when trying to open website created with 20
One of my websites works with 2007 because it was named index.html within its file but the other doesn't that was named by its name.pub, I tried to rename it index.html but it didn't work, its icon became one of IE instead of Publisher like my first website. I ran office diagnostics and no error was found. Any help much appreciated. ...

double line spacing using excel 2000

Function Problem 12-07-07
Hello...ok I have a form with a button that I am trying to get to call on a function. I have been able to do this and the funtion processes but I keep getting an error. Now, the funtion works perfectly if I run it from the switchboard/menu, but when run from the form button I get this error: "The action or method requires a Table Name argument" Here is the code I have: Private Sub Update_All_Records_Click() On Error GoTo Update_All_Records_Click_Err DoCmd.OpenFunction Public_Income_Update_Step_1 Update_All_Records_Click_Exit: Exit Sub Update_All_Records_Click_Err: M...

Hang when receiving signed e-mails
Hello, When I receive signed e-mails and select them in the inbox, Outlook hangs for 6-7 seconds before I get the message "This item cannot be displayed in the Reading Pane. Open the item to read its contents". While I open the e-mail by double-clicking it, it appears in the reading pane as well. Any ideas why it hangs, and how I can fix it? (and preferably also be able to read the mail in the reading pane). Thanks. Regards, Nils Magnus Nils Magnus <nmee@nmee.net> wrote: > When I receive signed e-mails and select them in the inbox, Outlook > hangs for 6-7 seco...

Excel 95 to Excel 2003
Anyone know if it's possible to convert Excel 95 files to Excel 2003? If so, how. Thanks in advance Open the file in 2003 and SAVE as you would a file created in 2003. If not absolutely positive, save as a different name. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Cooper" <kcooper2@austin.rr.com> wrote in message news:uqLpEuG4EHA.1292@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Anyone know if it's possible to convert Excel 95 files to Excel 2003? If > so, how. > > Thanks in advance > > Open in XL 2003, when you close it, it should, ask you if you w...

Conversion Excel 97 to Excel 2003
Hi There, I would like to convert Excel 97 files to excel 2003 I m using Save AS, but little bit confuse what type I have to choose "Microsoft Office Excel workbood (*.xls)" or "Microsoft Excel 97 - Excel 2003 & 5.0/95 workbook (*.xls)". We will not use Office 97 anymore next few weeks. Thank for your prompt response. Wayne You shouldn't have to do anything. If you feel the need, just save as microsoft excel workbook.xls -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Wayne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8286...