excel file size 0

Yesterday I saw alll excel, word files size 0 Kb from Windows Explorer. Please could you tell me what kind of virus attack my file and the name of virus
I would be glad if you reply as soon as possible

Thank

Dokles
0
dokles (1)

Better to run your AV to get this information.  You dont have an up to date AV?
Hmmm.  Go to www.housecall.trendmicro.com and run their online Scanner.  Go to
www.grisoft.com and DL their FREE AV

"Dokles" <dokles@lycos.com> wrote in message
: Yesterday I saw alll excel, word files size 0 Kb from Windows Explorer. Please
could you tell me what kind of virus attack my file and the name of virus.
: I would be glad if you reply as soon as possible.
:
: Thanks
:
: Dokles

0
nospam202 (664)

Sharing Archive Files
Is there a way for two or more users to share the same archive file on a network drive? ...

How do I toggle between worksheets in the same Excel file ?
Please tell me the keyboard shortcut to toggle between worksheets in the same Excel file. My OS is XP and am using Excel 2000. Ctrl+PageUp and Ctrl+PageDown Regards Rowan Sameer wrote: > Please tell me the keyboard shortcut to toggle between worksheets in the same > Excel file. My OS is XP and am using Excel 2000. ...

Opening Excel #5
When opening excel 10 different audio files have attached themselves to the start of each file. It's like the New Cd with Rod Stewart have transferred to excel. When launched, XL opens (or attempts to open) all files in your XLStart directory and, if an additional folder is designated, the files in Tools>Options>General Tab>At startup, open all file in___. Most users leave this option blank and remove all non-essential files from XLStart. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "GOLFBALL49" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

Excel 97 / Excel 2000 compatibility problem?
Hello, I=B4m developing an Excel application with Excel 97. I have added a control toolbox of type textbox to one of=20 its worksheets. Until now it was no problem to run it with Excel 2000. But in the latest version the textbox disappears in Excel=20 2000. It is still visible on the sheet, but its name is=20 not more known in the Excel-VBA-Code nor is it visible in=20 the editor windows class list. Has anybody an explanation for this behaviour? Regards Michael ...

pst file recovered from bad hard drive
People, I just got my hard drive from a recovery company (expensive) and when trying to open my pst filt, I get the error that is usually associated to having a "read only file". After choosing okay, I get the message "This file is not a personal folders file". I made sure my file is not read only (it was originally since it was burnt to a CD). Is there something I can do to restore this file? I tried running the scanpst.exe, and then I can open the file, but when I look at it's properties, it is 0k! The file is 35mg on my hard drive. Any ideas? I am op...

growing excel database
Hello everyone! It is possible to import data into excel from the web. It is also possible update this data IN THE SAME CELLS. In other words, the values that once occupied the cells are replaced with new values. That is a problem for me. I would like updated information to be pasted in rows above the old data. Is this possible? If so, how? Piotr, Yes, it is possible to import data into Excel from the web. Web queries are designed to do this and if a web query can't do what you need, then there are ways to automate Internet Explorer (i.e. IE Automation). You can record a m...

Sorting issue
Hello, I am having a problem sorting two columns (one is the street name and the other is the street number eg. 321 Smith St) in Excel 2007 by using a custom sort. Let's say that the data in column A is the number and B is the street name. I have the sort setup to sort first by B then by A. The problem is with the numbers. Some numbers are out of order in the spreadsheet although the majority are correct. I have formatted the number column (A) as a number as well. I have also tried creating a new spreadsheet and pasting (paste special) the data into it with the same result. Can anyo...

Excel sheet
I want to increase value by 1 of every cell which I entered by using formula. How can do this? I want automatic result in excel I am getting problem by this You are in a Microsoft Publisher ng. But if you want to number a column, i.e., line numbers, this may be what you want In A1 put 1 In A2 put =1+a1 Now copy A2 down to whatever you want. I think this is how it goes in Excel; I'm a Lotus 1-2-3 user and the formuli are a bit different. Have a Merry! -- Don Vancouver, USA "vasanth" <u40119@uwe> wrote in message news:7d26017dc9997@uwe... >I want to incr...

Strange Excel behaviour

Why does a Multi-sheet/user file open on sheet two every time?
We have a multi-sheet file that is updated by several folks. Every time I open the file it starts on sheet two. I have tried to figure out why this is.. Want to change the default starting position to sheet one at the top but have not been successful in finding that in the help files. Excel will open to the same location as the last save--unless you do something special. One of the special things you can do is have a macro that controls where you want to go. Option Explicit Sub Auto_Open() application.goto thisworkbook.worksheets("SheetNameHere").range("...

URGENT : Bug in XLS budget file
I have a multi-tab budget worksheet. I run XLS03, no macro. Now, after opening the file, when I enter a number in a cell in one of the tab, the number appears on the other tabs at exactely the same cell location. It happens on 4 tabs out of 8 in total. It's like all 4 tabs are the same sheet but no links exist between them, at least not where I enter the numbers. (links exists in other cells). It simply overwrite the other cells. But all 4 tabs have initially the right numbers and formula in them. I've tried to save the file under another name, open the file on a colleague PC r...

complicated excel template
I am on the beginning phases of a manufacturing template. Hopefully som of you can help me out. I need to determine how many parts of a certai item I can obtain from a determined square foot of material. Fo example: how many parts of 1" x 1.5" widgets can I get from a 48" x 96 sheet -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You could use something simple like: =INT(C1/A1)*INT(D1/B1) where A1 = part width, B1 = part length, C1 = sheet width, D1 = sheet length. Of course this does not take into account any unique cutting patterns that minimize scrap. It's assume...

Planning training in Excel
I have been tasked to organise training for my company and they have asked me to use MS Project, which has totally blown my mind. Having done some investigating Project will not give me the answers that I need surprisingly, but I am hoping Excel will I am really trying hard to figure a way of schedulign training for 200 individuals, with 20 different modules (fixed dates) and take into account holidays. So for instance Joe Bloggs needs to attend Module A, B & D over the next 3 months, but he also has 2 weeks holiday booked. There are four other people in his department but I can only all...

Auto-changing of Excel Files' name
Ever since we changed our server's O/S from Windows Server NT 4.0 to Windows Server 2003, all excel files' name will get changed by itself when they are accessed from any terminal within the LAN, which is running Windows 98 or Windows XP. What could be the cause(s) of this strange problem? Any solution? ...

Create drop down list in Excel 2007
Hi Could you please share with me how to create drop down list in Excel 2007? Thanks in advanced What version of Excel are you using? "lee-sc" wrote: > Hi > > Could you please share with me how to create drop down list in Excel 2007? > > Thanks in advanced > Sorry Lee-sc, hit the send button to quick in my previous post. In the Data menu, choose "Data Valiation", then "Data Validation". Under Settings, select "List" in he "Allow" drop down box. In the "Source" field, type in or se...

MS CRM 3.0 : custom filtered lookup field generator
Hi all, I finally finished my JS function to create automatically a custom lookup field (see the code bellow). I want to thank Darren Liu (post on http://crowechizek.typepad.com/crm/2007/05/adding_a_second.html?cid=96621316#comments), Stefano Demiliani (post on http://demiliani.com/blog/archive/2006/12/29/4770.aspx) and AndrewN23 (post on http://andrewn23.blogspot.com/2006/09/overcoming-relationship-restrictions.html) for the help of their posts. I've added another functionnality to the lookup, the onChange event is a parameter of the function. So if you want an action to perform after the...

how can i set up an automatic "date update" in excel?
In other words, i would like excel to update this cell with the current date every time when i open the document. Can i do that? one way: =TODAY() In article <D8818AFF-8489-4FF1-B94D-A08FB0B45F01@microsoft.com>, "Litzyam" <Litzyam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In other words, i would like excel to update this cell with the current date > every time when i open the document. Can i do that? One way =today() HTH "Litzyam" wrote: > In other words, i would like excel to update this cell with the current date > every time when i open t...

Excel 95 to Excel 2003
Anyone know if it's possible to convert Excel 95 files to Excel 2003? If so, how. Thanks in advance Open the file in 2003 and SAVE as you would a file created in 2003. If not absolutely positive, save as a different name. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Cooper" <kcooper2@austin.rr.com> wrote in message news:uqLpEuG4EHA.1292@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Anyone know if it's possible to convert Excel 95 files to Excel 2003? If > so, how. > > Thanks in advance > > Open in XL 2003, when you close it, it should, ask you if you w...

Exporting the subreports to an excel
Hi , once i am able to create the sub reports when i export this to an excel i am not able to see the data.. can you please help me out with this.. Thanks in Advance Kasaiah ...

How to delete file
Hello, How do I delete a file with a macro? de thx -- kizzie ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kizzie's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26092 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=394483 Good morning Kizzie Use this: Kill "C:\Thisfile.xls" Please note that this will not send the file to the recycle bin (this can't be done without resorting to Windows API calls) but will completely delete it. HTH DominicB -- dominicb -----------------------------------...

Excel appearance
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel when I open up a worksheet the view is too small so I zoom to 150% which is perfect. I cannot find a way to keep this preference as my default when opening other worksheets. i am a new user for Mac. thanks You can't do this in Excel 2008 because it has no VBA. Each workbook will open at the zoom ratio it was last saved at. In the next version of Excel, you will be able to make a simple macro to set the zoom on opening. Cheers On 17/03/10 5:20 AM, in article 59bb557f.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, ...

Manager Error 'Bad File name or Number'
I keep getting this message on one of my machines when I try to open manager. Admin and POS both open and operate fine. I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice to no avail. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks. Open Administrator and go to File/Configuration. Check the Paths and Templates Tabs - you probably have an invalid path or filename in one of those fields. If you are using files shared on the network, you may not have permission to access the files or folders. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ----------------------...

Generated Excel 97 documents limited to one worksheet
Hi everyone, I read in several articles that if I want to generate an Excel 97 document dynamically, using ASP for example, by setting the content type to application/vnd.ms-excel, I read that in this case, the document is limited to one worksheet and the user will only be able to view one document max. at a time. Actually, I tried it myself, and it's true. The moment I open a second browser window and try to access the same page that generates the Excel document, the first page goes blank. My quetion is, whether there's an official Microsoft document of MSDN KB article that states t...

Excel formula bar
I want to insert in my formula bar the = sign as an function with my mouse - as I was able to do with my older excell. The 2003 excel shows the fx sign, which I do not want Thanks. Hi Jacko! Try: Tools > Customize > Commands Tab Under Insert you'll find the = sign that you can drag to a toolbar. It doesn't work the same as earlier versions of Excel but does what you ask. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. "Jacko Maree" &...