Excel File - Read Only Error

When we received a excel file through mail , while opening the file i
received a error :corrupt file, run repair to to extract the contents.

The same file when opened on another PC received an error : read only.

Please asuggest a immediate solution

0
ritu2377 (2)

Can you right-click the file, go to properties and uncheck read only?
--
Sincerely, Michael Colvin

"ritu" wrote:

> When we received a excel file through mail , while opening the file i
> received a error :corrupt file, run repair to to extract the contents.
>
> The same file when opened on another PC received an error : read only.
>
> Please asuggest a immediate solution

0
Michael5492 (655)
7/19/2005 10:37:02 PM
In the file properties, the read option is already unchecked

0
ritu2377 (2)
7/20/2005 4:42:19 AM
try reboot the computer and then call that file.  see whether it helps
it helped in a few cases in my computer (windows98SE and excel 2000)
this is only episodic suggestion.

ritu <ritu@selco-india.com> wrote in message
> In the file properties, the read option is already unchecked

Printing an Excel doucument

Error opening form
Hi, I am trying to open a form from a switchboard and I get this error message: "MSACCESS exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created." I restart the computer and it's fixed. but it keeps happening. Does anyone know the solution? I have Microsoft Office 2000 thanks -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200709/1 There are many, many things that could be causing this. Work through the list in this article: Preventing corruption ...

Windows Update

Outlook error #25
When trying to add a new mailbox, coming from Exchange 5.5. In Outlook XP i continue to get an error message "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. The information store could not be opened." Or "Unable to display the folder. The set of folders could not be opened. The information store could not be opened. Any suggestions would be great. Verify you are running the minimum required version by your exchange admin. -- ~jason k please reply in group. emails directly to me will be printed and laughed at in the...

excel axes

Excel program

total size of files
I need a script to find out the number & total size of files based upon the file extention across about 30 servers. I'm searching for mdb files. The script will be run remotely against local drives on these servers. Thanks On Nov 18, 10:19=A0am, Tom1 <usernetu...@yahoo.com> wrote: > I need a script to find out the number & total size of files based > upon the file extention across about 30 servers. I'm searching for mdb > files. The script will be run remotely against local drives on these > servers. Thanks <warning> <aircode> with ...

2003 Excel and 2007 Trial Version Excel

error 65535
how to avoid the error 65535. I have a form that is executing a consultation of 5 in 5 minutes and the times it entrusts giving that mistake. Don't exactly understand what you mean but the error is the text is too long to be edited. "Frank Dulk" <fdulk@bol.com.br> wrote in message news:%233frDfm4HHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > how to avoid the error 65535. > > I have a form that is executing a consultation of 5 in 5 minutes and the > times it entrusts giving that mistake. > But as it can of the that error since the form only executes a query. ...

Error Message When opening Excel

Excel number / date conversion

error code 0x80070021 05-25-10
I get this error code when I'm trying to backup email in Outlook. Where are the error messages listed on the Microsoft website or any other website that is free? Is Outlook closed when you try to back it up? Have you exited Outlook and even made sure that the OUTLOOK.EXE process is not running? -- Kathleen Orland "Yocalmama" <Yocalmama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94E229ED-4090-44D1-8FAF-708F95F0A13D@microsoft.com... > I get this error code when I'm trying to backup email in Outlook. Where are > the error messages liste...

Email from Excel #3

Hang Error B1
Windows 32 bit HP SP 2 installed.. 2 40 gb hd and one 120 external. Commonly crashes steady and slow..although most app and addons have been disabled. Can anyone help me to fix this? Thanks Problem Event Name: AppHangB1 Application Name: firefox.exe Application Version: 1.8.20081.21709 Application Timestamp: 49494210 Hang Signature: 457d Hang Type: 2048 OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3 Locale ID: 4105 Additional Hang Signature 1: bd9b4d9e9564daaa4aab4a99f29d0819 Additional Hang Signature 2: e604 Additional Hang Signature 3: b791593827343e9d88082bc8ba4b088f Additional Hang S...

version excel

outlook .dbx files
I have old .dbx files/folders with as much as 654,000K in them. Are these old emails and if so, how can I access them to see what they contain? ...

double line spacing using excel 2000

Excel 95 to Excel 2003
Anyone know if it's possible to convert Excel 95 files to Excel 2003? If so, how. Thanks in advance Open the file in 2003 and SAVE as you would a file created in 2003. If not absolutely positive, save as a different name. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Cooper" <kcooper2@austin.rr.com> wrote in message news:uqLpEuG4EHA.1292@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Anyone know if it's possible to convert Excel 95 files to Excel 2003? If > so, how. > > Thanks in advance > > Open in XL 2003, when you close it, it should, ask you if you w...

Conversion Excel 97 to Excel 2003
Hi There, I would like to convert Excel 97 files to excel 2003 I m using Save AS, but little bit confuse what type I have to choose "Microsoft Office Excel workbood (*.xls)" or "Microsoft Excel 97 - Excel 2003 & 5.0/95 workbook (*.xls)". We will not use Office 97 anymore next few weeks. Thank for your prompt response. Wayne You shouldn't have to do anything. If you feel the need, just save as microsoft excel workbook.xls -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Wayne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8286...