Excel error while trying to import data from an Access database - MSQRY32.exe has generated errors

This is just an FYI for anyone who might encounter this problem (as I
just did)...   =-)

::: SYMPTOM :::
In Excel, while trying to create a query into an Access database the
following error occurred:

MSQRY32.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows.  You
will need to restart the program.

::: CAUSE :::
The Access database contains 'unfavorable' characters in the filename
(e.g. "MyAccessDatabase v1.0 (15-Mar-05).mdb" -- it doesn't like the
"." and is probably better off without the "(")

Rename the database to use a 'safe' file name (no spaces, or characters
that might confuse the system).

X_HOBBES

0
x_hobbes (7)

Access 2007 and combo box
Has anyone successfully created a form with combo boxes that autocomplete in access 2007?! I'm pretty familiar with access, but cannot get combos to autocomplete in 07. When i first add the combo, it does autocomplete. HOWEVER, once I restart access, the combo autocomplete stops completely. Anyone else having this issue?? I'm using Visa and Access 2007. I've tried using MDB and ACCDB formats with same results. So frustrating....thinking of just going back to Access 2003. John, I'm not aware of this bug. What's the RowSource for the combo? Could you try adding DISTINCT ...

Is it possible to add a base line in excel
I have a graph the tracks test scores. I want to establish in a bar chart a base line for acceptable test scores. I can do this by drawing a line on the chart but I want to be able to include this in the chart itself. Hi see: http://andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/straight_lines/index.html http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DummySeries.html#AddLine -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Tom King wrote: > I have a graph the tracks test scores. I want to establish in a bar > chart a base line for acceptable test scores. I can do th...

Opening a new instance of Excel

Emailing in excel 2003 02-26-10

Contacts onto a Mysql database
Hello, I am in the process of transfering data and contacts onto a Mysql database. I have had some help and am trying to get a software solution. So main features would be to migrate large amounts of data and contacts every day. The migration would be done manually. Thanks for the help On Tue, 4 May 2010 08:53:01 -0700, Guertas <Guertas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I am in the process of transfering data and contacts onto a Mysql database. >I have had some help and am trying to get a software solution. > >So main features woul...

Outlook Mobile Access Problem

Excel Crash

Import Palm files
Can anyone help me by telling me how to import palm files (dat files) into outlook. I want to import contact, calendar, etc Depends what you can export to from Palm Desktop. Personally, I've found this messy. Why not just get sync software that can sync your Palm with Outlook directly? Chapura Pocketmirror or Pumatech Intellisync are two ideas....or your Palm CD may have come with this option. F. Carvalho wrote: > Can anyone help me by telling me how to import palm files > (dat files) into outlook. I want to import contact, > calendar, etc ...

graphing data
What is necessary to graph the number(s) in cell(s) when the number in that cell(s) is/are generated from a formula in those cells? -- mikaman Graph them in exactly the same way that would have done if the numbers had been typed into the cells. -- David Biddulph "mikaman" <mikaman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A6F240E-44F3-4636-8F2F-6DE39722D0EE@microsoft.com... > What is necessary to graph the number(s) in cell(s) when the number in > that > cell(s) is/are generated from a formula in those cells? > -- > mikaman ...

Copy filtered data
Let's say I have data in A1:Gxx. Now I use Autofilter to find all rows which has a "2" in column C. Let's say it leaves rows 1:4 and 8:10. Now I want to copy the filtered data in columns F:G and paste the values (not to an empty range which is easy) but to the same cells in colums D:E. Any help? Hans Knudsen Try Advanced Filter, excellent tutorial here from Debra Dalgeish, owner of the site, http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#ApplyAF Regards, Alan. "Hans Knudsen" <Hans.Knudsen@mail.tele.dk> wrote in message news:%23xtVdlR8FHA.740@TK2MSFTNG...

Process STORE.EXE (PID=4044). Topology Discovery failed,
Happened twice today, this is the second time. No idea why. A reboot will fix it.. 1( Process STORE.EXE (PID=4044). Topology Discovery failed, error 0xffffffff. For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. 2) Process MAD.EXE (PID=3568). All Domain Controller Servers in use are not responding: INSIGHT-PDC.insight.com.sg insight-bdc.insight.com.sg For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. 3) NSPI Proxy can contact Global Catalog INSIGHT- PDC.insight.com.sg but it does not support the NSPI service. After a Domain Contr...

Excel Edit F2 button changed for Mac???

EXCEL TROUBLESHOOTING #2

Contact not importing names of csv lists
Whenever I import a csv file into outlook 2007 it imports only the email addresses, nothing else. I've titled the csv columns with the exact same headings as the outlook contact headings. Still, it imports only the email addresses. What do I need to do to get it to import the full names as well? Is it correct to assume that because you stated that you "titled the csv columns the same as the Outlook contact headings" - that you used "auto-map" to import your data? There is absolutely no reason, benefit or value whatsoever (under any circumstances) in ...

#Error Message
I have created a calculation to count the number of people and placed it in the Name Footer: =count([EyNumber]) and called the unbound box, CountNames. When there are no results it returns the #Error message. How can I remove this error message and display a message like, "No Data", or display the true results of a count? I have tried using the IsError function but can't seem to get it to work. Thanks Hi Nigel, Try: =IIf(IsError([EyNumber]), "No Data", Count([EyNumber]) Clifford Bass Nigel wrote: >I have created a calculatio...

how to divide a numbers in a table of data by 1,000, all at once
I've noticed in some spreadsheets that numbers are displayed as rounded...i.e. so that one isn't looking at 1,403,333 + 2,333,999 etc. but rather 1403 + 2334, etc. with a note at the top that says "000's". In one step, how can I edit all the numbers in a table so that they show to the nearest 10,000 (i.e. 1403 +2334), without dividing them one by one by 1,000? Or, to go at it from another angle, how do I divide each # by 1,000? The ROUND feature requires that I create a new table. Not exactly what I'm looking for. Enter 1000 in an unused cell. ...

Excel Cells Contents to HTML Pages

ESM error
I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I have Exchange2k3 SP2 running on a Win2k3 server. Our Exchange Admin is out on medical leave so I am resuming his responsibilities. My problem is I cannot access some of the storage groups using exchange system manager. We have 4 mailbox stores and I get an error trying to access 3 of them. The error is "An unknown error has occurred. ID no: 80040d1b Exchange System Manager". What is really puzzling is if I click on a storage group a second time, I don't get the error but the storage group shows up as empty. I have thi...

In Excel program shows a broken line and don't know how to get ri.

connect a form to excel database
I have a database in excel which lists our stock and prices etc. I would like to be able to enter a stock number on an invoice that will retrieve the details and price from my excel database. Can this be done? Excel has built in option--try data|form. If that doesn't quite work, but it's close, John Walkenbach has an enhanced dataform at: http://j-walk.com/ss/dataform/index.htm And if you want to design your own, Debra Dalgleish has a get started with userforms: http://contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html Kathy wrote: > > I have a database in excel which lists our stock and p...