Excel Data Validation Combo box using Named Ranges

Hello, I am trying to follow the directions from...

using office 2007 but nothing I'm doing is working! I enabled the developer
tab and followed everything down to a tee but no luck. I finally downloaded
the sample and even it doesn't work the way its supposed to! Looked at the
code and it says option explicit at the very top. I do not know VB but im
guessing the code isn't working right. Does anyone know how to do this or a
site listing instructions for office 2007?

Tried doing searches for this but it seems like everywhere i look link back
to this same website!

Thanks in advance!

The code is working fine for me in 2007.

First you must save the sample workbook as a macro-enabled file in 2007
which allows code to run if your security settings allow.

Check those settings in Developer Tab>Macro Security.

Allow to run with notofication or add the folder where the file is stored to
your "Trusted Locations".

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 14:06:02 -0800, Robcole84
<Robcole84@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hello, I am trying to follow the directions from...
>
>http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal11.html
>
>using office 2007 but nothing I'm doing is working! I enabled the developer
>tab and followed everything down to a tee but no luck. I finally downloaded
>the sample and even it doesn't work the way its supposed to! Looked at the
>code and it says option explicit at the very top. I do not know VB but im
>guessing the code isn't working right. Does anyone know how to do this or a
>site listing instructions for office 2007?
>
>Tried doing searches for this but it seems like everywhere i look link back
>to this same website!
>
>Thanks in advance!

0
Gord

Printing an Excel doucument

Windows Update

excel axes

Excel program

2003 Excel and 2007 Trial Version Excel

Error Message When opening Excel

Creating a Chart from Cells that use a List Box
Hi, I am trying to create a number of charts (e.g., pie, line etc) based on data that is slelected from a list box (i.e., data validation). What i would like to do is create the charts before any data is entered (if that makes sense) and as data is entered the charts will display this. ...

Excel number / date conversion

import data to sales
Hello! I'm relatively a newbie to GP (less than a year; used SQL much longer). I have to import data from our order software into GP (by way of Access): TRX > SALES TRX > SALES TRX ENTRY > ORDER (before anything is transferred to an invoice and posted). I have done database traces and have come up with an overwhelming # of tables where I'd enter data directly into GP SQL tables. I think I only need the SOP10103, SOP10100, SOP10200, SOP10104 tables but am afraid of missing tables (such as where the Distribution > Distribution Reference accounts info is). The trace als...

Email from Excel #3

Exporting CRM data/cases
Hi...I'd like to export my data/cases from CRM and need help in identifying a table (SQL) that would contain all data, including notes and attachments. I know there's an AnnotationsBase table and assume that's where the notes/attachments are but cannot find a way to link them back to the actual case. Thoughts? For each entity you have a so called "filtered view" in the <company name>_MSCRM database. This views are "supported" way of getting data from CRM. KTF wrote: > Hi...I'd like to export my data/cases from CRM and need help in identifyi...

version excel

How can I set up a student data base using word 2003?
I am a music teacher and would like to set up a data base for my students including information regarding - exams, competitions and results. Names, ages, birthday reminders, parents details and goods and services delivered. I use Microsoft Office 2003. Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks. Decide what you want to keep track of and put each piece of information into separate cells. And one row per entry--don't put the data for one person on multiple rows. Try to keep your data on a single worksheet. If you thought that you'd want multiple worksheets (one for each class),...

double line spacing using excel 2000

Excel 95 to Excel 2003
Anyone know if it's possible to convert Excel 95 files to Excel 2003? If so, how. Thanks in advance Open the file in 2003 and SAVE as you would a file created in 2003. If not absolutely positive, save as a different name. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Cooper" <kcooper2@austin.rr.com> wrote in message news:uqLpEuG4EHA.1292@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Anyone know if it's possible to convert Excel 95 files to Excel 2003? If > so, how. > > Thanks in advance > > Open in XL 2003, when you close it, it should, ask you if you w...

Don't Plot Point but leave in Data Table
I don't want to plot a couple of points in my chart but like to keep them in the data table. How can I accomplish in MS 2007? EXCEL 2007 Try the following (I have a bar chart on the screen in front of me as I do this. It has 9 countries on the Y axis; I will remove 2 of those countries). 1. Click the graph to highlight it. 2. Select Data. Select Data Source window launches. 3. Hit the:- Switch Row / Column button 4. I now have my countries in a list on the left hand side. - click on France and hit Remove - click on Germany and hit Remove 5. Hit t...

Append data to table...Access to 97 conversion error
Error 2391, Field 'F1' doesn't exist in the destination table Why do I get this error when I try to append data from a .csv file into an Acces table code line: DoCmd.TransferText acImportDelim, , "Invoice", Filename, False Please help ...

Create Drop Down Box populated by a List
Would someone please tell me if I can Create a Drop Down Box populated by a List from another Worksheet which will Select an item from the Drop Down Box populated by the List from the other Worksheet as Input a given Cell. The Drop Down Box should appear and work that way for any selected Cell. thanks, Ted Hi Ted, You will need to name the list from the other sheet. So, select the list, name it and then in the data valadation allow list and in source box enter =TheNameOfTheList. HTH Regards, Howard "Ted_MD" <TedMD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Conversion Excel 97 to Excel 2003
Hi There, I would like to convert Excel 97 files to excel 2003 I m using Save AS, but little bit confuse what type I have to choose "Microsoft Office Excel workbood (*.xls)" or "Microsoft Excel 97 - Excel 2003 & 5.0/95 workbook (*.xls)". We will not use Office 97 anymore next few weeks. Thank for your prompt response. Wayne You shouldn't have to do anything. If you feel the need, just save as microsoft excel workbook.xls -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Wayne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8286...