Excel #8

What file on the system holds the history of 'Browsed Pages" in the
hyperlink menu? I keep getting a ton of pages showing up, mostly all the
pop-ups and it gets to be annoying when trying to find the page, one is
looking for?
TIA

0
Spam6320 (4)

I think that excel shares this with Internet Explorer.

You can start MSIE and then Tools|Internet options|General Tab
Clear history.

(You can also get to this via
Windows start button|Settings|control panel|Internet Options)

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

"Dave Peterson" <ec35720@msn.com> wrote in message
> I think that excel shares this with Internet Explorer.
>
> You can start MSIE and then Tools|Internet options|General Tab
> Clear history.
>
> (You can also get to this via
> Windows start button|Settings|control panel|Internet Options)
>
> Venom8 wrote:
> >
> > What file on the system holds the history of 'Browsed Pages" in the
> > hyperlink menu? I keep getting a ton of pages showing up, mostly all the
> > pop-ups and it gets to be annoying when trying to find the page, one is
> > looking for?
> > TIA
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson
> ec35720@msn.com

0
Spam6320 (4)
8/30/2003 1:35:35 PM
I tried it with MSIE 6.x and xl2002 and it cleared out the dropdown on the
insert|Hyperlink dialog.

Was that the hyperlink history that you meant?

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

> I tried it with MSIE 6.x and xl2002 and it cleared out the dropdown on the
> insert|Hyperlink dialog.
>
> Was that the hyperlink history that you meant?
>
> Venom8 wrote:
> >
> > I've tried that. It doesn't clear out the pages in the hyperlink menu. I
> > even tried the index.dat file, by going into DOS and deleting it, and
still
> > no avail, so I figured like some other parts of MS prgms, there may be a
dll
> > that would need to be edited or erased.
> >
> > "Dave Peterson" <ec35720@msn.com> wrote in message
> > > I think that excel shares this with Internet Explorer.
> > >
> > > You can start MSIE and then Tools|Internet options|General Tab
> > > Clear history.
> > >
> > > (You can also get to this via
> > > Windows start button|Settings|control panel|Internet Options)

> > > --
> > >
> > > Dave Peterson
> > > ec35720@msn.com
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson
> ec35720@msn.com

0
Spam6320 (4)
8/30/2003 8:36:33 PM
I'm using xl2002 and win98 at home.

If open MSIE and clear history, today's sites aren't cleared.  They aren't
cleared from MSIE and they weren't cleared from Insert|Hyperlink|Browsed Pages,
either.

But I rightclicked in the history pane (ctrl-H) in MSIE and rightclicked on one
I didn't care about.  I deleted it.  There were lots still showing in MSIE's
history, but xl2002's browsed pages was cleaned up.  (Kind of a wakeup call from
MSIE to excel???)

Then I browsed a few sites to try it some more.  I built up a history in MSIE.
I went into tools|Internet Options|General Tab, and cleared history again.

Today's history disappeared!

But I did one thing in between.  I've downloaded a program from Microsoft called
TweakUI.  It allows you to tweak the User interface for windows.  One of the
tabs available with this program is called Paranoia.  It allows you to clean up
a lot of helpful things (recently used document names, your list used in Finds
and MSIE's history.)

I used this--so I'm not sure which one caused the change in behavior (or even if
it was just coincidence).

You could try it to see how much you could duplicate.

And in windows98, I have a folder under c:\windows.  It's called History.  Guess
what's stored there????

Good luck,

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Printing an Excel doucument

Windows Update

excel axes

Excel program

2003 Excel and 2007 Trial Version Excel

Error Message When opening Excel

Excel number / date conversion

Email from Excel #3

version excel

double line spacing using excel 2000

Excel 95 to Excel 2003
Anyone know if it's possible to convert Excel 95 files to Excel 2003? If so, how. Thanks in advance Open the file in 2003 and SAVE as you would a file created in 2003. If not absolutely positive, save as a different name. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Cooper" <kcooper2@austin.rr.com> wrote in message news:uqLpEuG4EHA.1292@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Anyone know if it's possible to convert Excel 95 files to Excel 2003? If > so, how. > > Thanks in advance > > Open in XL 2003, when you close it, it should, ask you if you w...

Conversion Excel 97 to Excel 2003
Hi There, I would like to convert Excel 97 files to excel 2003 I m using Save AS, but little bit confuse what type I have to choose "Microsoft Office Excel workbood (*.xls)" or "Microsoft Excel 97 - Excel 2003 & 5.0/95 workbook (*.xls)". We will not use Office 97 anymore next few weeks. Thank for your prompt response. Wayne You shouldn't have to do anything. If you feel the need, just save as microsoft excel workbook.xls -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Wayne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8286...

Inner Borders in Excel 2007
Before in pre-Excel 2007 world, I used to be able to select a range of cells, click on a button to get vertical or horizontal boarders for the range selected. In Excel 2007 I can only apply outer boarders. Was this feature removed? I now have go to "format cells", then select the "borders" tab to do the same. Where did the buttons for inner vertical/horizontal boarders go? Thanks. louishong - Home ribbon > (Font group) drop down between Underline and Fill Color - Mike http://www.MikeMiddleton.com <louishong@lycos.com> wrote in message...

Convert excel to java
Hi does anybody know a way to convert an XL spreadhseet (with charts) to a fully interactive Java object?? I have tried exceleverywhere and xlsius, but no luck! Thanks in advance -- shnim1 ...

Importing Excel data into Access?
Can Excel data be imported into Access easily!? I know from Word table I can simply copy and paste but it is not that easy when doing from Excel to Access! I downloaded this manual from http://www.mousetraining.co.uk/training-manuals/Access2003Intro.pdf but couldn't find this topic If anyone knows please let me know! Cheers Raj Hello, there are plenty of sources. e.g.: http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC102722321033 Stefan. "Rajeev Rawat" wrote: > Can Excel data be imported into Access easily!? I know from Word table &g...

How do I import Excel into Microsoft Money
#1 - This question is more likely to get an answer in the Money newsgroup than here #2 - Place your question in the body of the message, with a little more explanation of what you want to accomplish "Tax Help" wrote: > You can't do it directly. The only formats that Money can import are QIF and OFX. Go to Google and search for excel money import qif to get multiple hits including macros and/or commercial solutions. One the I found is http://www.bigredconsulting.com/AboutXLQIFConverter.htm Their program is $39. On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 12:55:03 -0800, "Tax H...

Entering hour minute only 'now' in Excel (without day/date)
How to change Time now function to give only Hour/minute time 'now' in Excel Hi just format the cell with the custom format hh:mm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Ian" <Ian@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:7A1AFC42-791F-4397-94F2-91DE0ADB34D7@microsoft.com... > How to change Time now function to give only Hour/minute time 'now' in > Excel ...

Excel to Excel Automation
Could someone please explain the best process for taking data that has been typed into certain cells in spreadsheet and sending this information to another spreadsheet, in a different location.. Is this possible thorough VBA. Thanks for any advice.. Larry Bargers -- lbargers ------------------------------------------------------------------------ lbargers's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=32798 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=526211 You are really better off using the destination to pull the info from the ...

Share of Excel in the market
Does anyone know the number of the share of Excel in the market today ? I want to write its number down on my report, which I've been composing , but I couldn't find it. Would you please tell me how much the share of Excel is ? I hope you would help me and also if you don't mind, please tell me URL or something where you found the information. Hope to hear from you. This may help.......... http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/index.htm Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "keatonbus@gmail.com" wrote: > Does anyone know the number of the share of Excel in the market today ?...