Excel 2000 Toolbar Customization

I've customized the toolbars to my satisfaction and also
created my own customized toolbar under 'views -
toolbars'.  The customized toolbars work great during a
single Excel session.  When I fire-up Excel the next time
it's reverted to the as-delivered toolbars. What's wrong?
How can I make a permanent change to the toolbars?

Also on start-up, Excel sometimes opens two blank
workbooks.  What's that about?

Thanks much for the help.
0
anonymous (74725)

On the custom toolbar issue:

Run a search on your HDD to locate a file called
Excel.xlb. If my  guess is right. you'll find more that
one, and what happens is Excel is saving your
customization to one, while it opens the other on start-
up. It's a setup issue, really... you can tell which is
the one with your changes by the date/time saved. The
other one (the one read at startup) is in the path
specified in tools > options > general > alternate startup
location. You can change this setting to read from where
your changes are actually saved, but make sure you put
your personal.xls and book.xlt (if you have one) are also
in the same folder (folder should be XLStart).
Alternatively, you could just copy the recent copy of
Excel.xlb on top of the older one, but if you opt for that
solution you'll have to do it manually everytime you make
changes!

Nikos Y. (nyannaco at in dot gr)

0
anonymous (74725)
11/17/2003 12:18:03 PM
You may want to check to see if you're authorized to save files your harddrive.
I think I've read posts that with some versions of windows (maybe win2k and
winXP), the admin can make it so the user can't save to certain drives/folders.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Can't add more addresses in OL 2000
I'm trying to add 3 more email addresses to the existing 6 in my current list. They seem to be added ok, the POP3 and SMTP servers are correct, the Username and Passwords are correct in the setup and I can send mail from any of the new addresses. What I cannot do is get OL to download existing mail from the server. I know the mail is there because I can log on to the ISP's mail program and see it. When I use Tools, Send/Receive, none of the new mail accounts are listed in the box, only the previous 6. When I went back to Tools and deleted one of the original 6, it still shows up un...

Printing an Excel doucument

Windows Update

excel axes

Excel program

Messages Recovery Miscrosoft Outlook 2000
How Can I do recover a messages deleted permanent ? The messages was sent to delete messages and then this folder was empty You can try the following; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/restoredeleteditemsfromanoutlookpst.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "jk" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5c8a01c49202$c2b9e890$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How Can I do recover a messages deleted permanent ? The > mes...

2003 Excel and 2007 Trial Version Excel

Error Message When opening Excel

Excel number / date conversion

Email from Excel #3

version excel

double line spacing using excel 2000

Outlook 2000 to 20003 sharing calendars and folders.
I'm in a small architecture office with 10 work stations, our network is a pier to pier lan. We don't have a true server, just a file server that holds our data. Currently we're using Outlook 2000. We share a common office calendar through our email, not an exchange server. I like this, and have no complaints. From what I've gathered, Office 2003 requires an Exchange server to accomplish this. Am I right? Is it worth making that upgrade to an Exchange server? As I upgrade our workstations, I'm hestitant to try and fix a good thing by going to Office 2003. Any adv...

Excel 95 to Excel 2003
Anyone know if it's possible to convert Excel 95 files to Excel 2003? If so, how. Thanks in advance Open the file in 2003 and SAVE as you would a file created in 2003. If not absolutely positive, save as a different name. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Cooper" <kcooper2@austin.rr.com> wrote in message news:uqLpEuG4EHA.1292@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Anyone know if it's possible to convert Excel 95 files to Excel 2003? If > so, how. > > Thanks in advance > > Open in XL 2003, when you close it, it should, ask you if you w...

Conversion Excel 97 to Excel 2003
Hi There, I would like to convert Excel 97 files to excel 2003 I m using Save AS, but little bit confuse what type I have to choose "Microsoft Office Excel workbood (*.xls)" or "Microsoft Excel 97 - Excel 2003 & 5.0/95 workbook (*.xls)". We will not use Office 97 anymore next few weeks. Thank for your prompt response. Wayne You shouldn't have to do anything. If you feel the need, just save as microsoft excel workbook.xls -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Wayne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8286...

Inner Borders in Excel 2007
Before in pre-Excel 2007 world, I used to be able to select a range of cells, click on a button to get vertical or horizontal boarders for the range selected. In Excel 2007 I can only apply outer boarders. Was this feature removed? I now have go to "format cells", then select the "borders" tab to do the same. Where did the buttons for inner vertical/horizontal boarders go? Thanks. louishong - Home ribbon > (Font group) drop down between Underline and Fill Color - Mike http://www.MikeMiddleton.com <louishong@lycos.com> wrote in message...

Convert excel to java
Hi does anybody know a way to convert an XL spreadhseet (with charts) to a fully interactive Java object?? I have tried exceleverywhere and xlsius, but no luck! Thanks in advance -- shnim1 ...

Importing Excel data into Access?
Can Excel data be imported into Access easily!? I know from Word table I can simply copy and paste but it is not that easy when doing from Excel to Access! I downloaded this manual from http://www.mousetraining.co.uk/training-manuals/Access2003Intro.pdf but couldn't find this topic If anyone knows please let me know! Cheers Raj Hello, there are plenty of sources. e.g.: http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC102722321033 Stefan. "Rajeev Rawat" wrote: > Can Excel data be imported into Access easily!? I know from Word table &g...

How do I import Excel into Microsoft Money
#1 - This question is more likely to get an answer in the Money newsgroup than here #2 - Place your question in the body of the message, with a little more explanation of what you want to accomplish "Tax Help" wrote: > You can't do it directly. The only formats that Money can import are QIF and OFX. Go to Google and search for excel money import qif to get multiple hits including macros and/or commercial solutions. One the I found is http://www.bigredconsulting.com/AboutXLQIFConverter.htm Their program is $39. On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 12:55:03 -0800, "Tax H...