Excel 2000 to Excel 2003

Hi:
A friend is sending me a spreadsheet with formulas and macros created in
Excel running on Windows 2000.  I am running Windows XP with Excel 2003.
Whenever I try to open his file, I am get two pop ups asking whether or not
to disable macros.  Regardles of how I answer, the spreadsheet eventually
opens, but EXCEL says that the file was corrup and that it had to repair the
file.  The repaired file is non-functional because all the macros have been
scripted.  If I send the file back to the originator, he says it works fine.

The file was sent to another person with Windows XP and EXCEL 2003 and he
has the same problem.  I tried the file at home with Windows XP and EXCEL and
again the same problem.

Any ideas on how to fix this problem?
Thanks

I'd ask the originator send the original file once more.

If that didn't work, I'd ask that the file be zipped and then sent.

--

Dave Peterson
0

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> I'd ask the originator send the original file once more.
>
> If that didn't work, I'd ask that the file be zipped and then sent.
>
> Mike wrote:
> >
> > Hi:
> > A friend is sending me a spreadsheet with formulas and macros created in
> > Excel running on Windows 2000.  I am running Windows XP with Excel 2003.
> > Whenever I try to open his file, I am get two pop ups asking whether or not
> > to disable macros.  Regardles of how I answer, the spreadsheet eventually
> > opens, but EXCEL says that the file was corrup and that it had to repair the
> > file.  The repaired file is non-functional because all the macros have been
> > scripted.  If I send the file back to the originator, he says it works fine.
> >
> > The file was sent to another person with Windows XP and EXCEL 2003 and he
> > has the same problem.  I tried the file at home with Windows XP and EXCEL and
> > again the same problem.
> >
> > Any ideas on how to fix this problem?
> > Thanks
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson
> .

Your copy of xl2003 should be able to open a file created with xl97 with no
problems.

My next guess is that the file is corrupted some how.  But the only fix I know
for that is to recreate the workbook.  And that's could be a big job.

--

Dave Peterson
0

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> Your copy of xl2003 should be able to open a file created with xl97 with no
> problems.
>
> My next guess is that the file is corrupted some how.  But the only fix I know
> for that is to recreate the workbook.  And that's could be a big job.
>
> Mike wrote:
> >
> > Hi Dave:
> > That didn't help we have zipped, CD, etc.   The problem still persist.  Any
> > ideas on what could be the problem.  Also, I made a mistake in the name.  The
> > problem is between EXCEL 97 on a Window 2000 machine and EXCEL 2003 on a XP
> > machine.
> > Thanks
> >
> > "Dave Peterson" wrote:
> >
> > > I'd ask the originator send the original file once more.
> > >
> > > If that didn't work, I'd ask that the file be zipped and then sent.

> > > --
> > >
> > > Dave Peterson
> > > .
> > >

> --
>
> Dave Peterson
> .

I don't know anything about that kind of stuff.

But both of you have to be running some kind of version of Windows, right?

Maybe you could ask him to create another workbook (just a test workbook) and
send it to you.

See if that works.

--

Dave Peterson
0

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> I don't know anything about that kind of stuff.
>
> But both of you have to be running some kind of version of Windows, right?
>
> Maybe you could ask him to create another workbook (just a test workbook) and
> send it to you.
>
> See if that works.
>
> Mike wrote:
> >
> > Hi:
> > Yes, corruption seems to be the reason.  My guess now is that the
> > orginator's computer system has some kind of low level conversion taking
> > place.  Ie Linux to Intel, etc.  Are you aware of any issues involving the
> > setup of each operating system to communicate with each other, ie. bitwise
> > swapping, etc.?
> >
> > "Dave Peterson" wrote:
> >
> > > Your copy of xl2003 should be able to open a file created with xl97 with no
> > > problems.
> > >
> > > My next guess is that the file is corrupted some how.  But the only fix I know
> > > for that is to recreate the workbook.  And that's could be a big job.

> > > --
> > >
> > > Dave Peterson
> > > .
> > >

> --
>
> Dave Peterson
> .

Too many rows for Excel output from Access 2000
All: In my application I am exporting several records to excel file dynamically using a query,when the number of records exceeds 50000 records in one of the scenarios I am getting this error :There are too many rows to output, based on the limitation specified by the output format or Microsoft access Dim stDocName As String stDocName = "Query11" DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputQuery, stDocName, acFormatXLS, , 1 Can any one suggest the solution to this problem, Thanks in Advance, VT IIRC, OutputTo uses an earlier Excel format that limits to 16K rows. Use the TransferSp...

Remove page break in Excel?
How do I remove a manual page break in Excel with Office 2003? Select a cell below the page break then insert, remove page break -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Page Breaks in Excel Removal" <Page Breaks in Excel Removal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E56F3C94-66AF-4500-A776-32227DFCB1BD@microsoft.com... > How do I remove a manual page break in Excel with Office 2003? ...

Creating and Organization Chart from and excel file
I was able to create an org. chart awhile ago and now when I try to use the org. chart wizard and select the excel file I get an error "cannot read names". I have excel and visio 2003. Can anyone help???? I want to include 4 fields from from excel file (name, title, department, reports_to). Help! Have you tried creating an Excel file recently? Perhaps there's an issue with your existing Excel file. I'd try generating a dummy file using the wizard, and then try importing it iback nto a new Visio file using the wizard. If that works, then you may want to cut / pas...

Opening a new instance of Excel

Frontpage 2003 or Publisher 2003 ?
Which one should I use? I am not familiar with Publisher. I am familiar with FrontPage. What kind of support is needed on the server side for a web ? cgi? etc. Any info or a link to some info appreciated. Hi Cracker Jacks (cjacks<nospamz)@verizon.net), in the newsgroups you posted: || Which one should I use? I am not familiar with Publisher. I am || familiar with FrontPage. What kind of support is needed on the || server side for a web ? cgi? etc. Any info or a link to some info || appreciated. I recommend FrontPage 2003. FrontPage 2003 doesn't REQUIRE FrontPage Server extensions,...

Emailing in excel 2003 02-26-10

Outlook 2003

Excel Crash

outlook 2000 help file

EXCEL TROUBLESHOOTING #2

Excel Edit F2 button changed for Mac???

In Excel program shows a broken line and don't know how to get ri.

Excel Cells Contents to HTML Pages

Upgrading from Exchange 2000 Standard to Enterprise Cal ? #2
Hello Everyone, I know the upgrade process from exchange 2000 standard to enterprise seems pretty straight forward. However, I have a cal question. Are my standard cals still good with this upgrade. Say I have right now standard 2000 with 30 cals. If I upgrade to Exchange 2000 Enterprise with 25 cals to pass the 16mb limitation. Would I then only have the 25 cals or 55 total cals? Thanks ...

Does anyone know where I can download EXCEL.MSI?
I am missing my Excel 2002 CD, and can't install Office Update Service Pack 3 without this file. ...

Excel ignores boot-time regional settings when interpreting a date
I have a third party DDE app that exports dates as strings, correctly using the short date format in the regional and language settings, which, in my case is MM/DD/YYYY (reset at every boot). Unfortunately excel insists in interpreting that date as DD/MM/YYYY [Application.International(xlDateOrder)=1, it should be 0], disregarding my regional settings. The result is that all the dates are wrong or #VALUES! If this is not wierd enough, listen to this: it only happens after I reboot (when the date format is reset to MM/DD/YYYY). If subsequently I change the short date format in the regional se...

How do I read Pub XP version on Pub 2000 version?
I have created a 7 page newsletter on MS Publisher for Windows XP and would like to open it on my husbands computer shere he works to access his colored laser printer. He has Windows 98 and MS Publisher 2000. Tried but box ays "publisher cannot open in different version". You need to do a "Save As" and save it as a Pub 2000 file. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "skibbydo" <skibbydo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D35BC07-C38B-404D-A7B8-69E1D7BB3721@microsoft.com... >I have created a 7 page newsletter on MS Publi...