everything I copy from explorer end up green in Excel How can I c.

0
Sacs (2)

How can I change this to copy the actual colors from the html file ???

"Sacs" wrote:

0
Sacs (2)

can I set default screen saver on new users?
WS08-R2 Hi All, Can I change the default screen saver that new users get when I create a new user account? Many thanks, -T Hello ToddAndMargo, You can configure GPO settings for the screensaver under this path: User configuration, administrative templates, control panel, display Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups ** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm > WS08-R2 > > Hi All, > ...

Stopping Excel from editing my Formulas
I am trying to get excel to stop automatically editing my formulas when I delete cells. Like right now I have a two lists of data and I'm going through to find the same data points between the lists. So I have on list in column B and one in column C. So my formula in column D is =if(B1=C1, "TRUE") but every time I go to delete cells from column C and move them to the top my formula changes to =if(B1=!REF, "True") and if I deleted say one cell the next line row in column D the formula will be =if(B2=C1, "TRUE") How Can I stop Excel from doing this? Wra...

copying Outlook
Hi everyone - how do I copy my Outlook 2002 to the new computer I am buying? Frank ...

C# code generation with xsd.exe "how to ?"
Actually, the very first question I should ask is "does it make sense at all?". For 2 days I've been trying to generate C# classes using XML schema and xsd.exe tool. So far the results are not exciting but I assume I am seriously short of knowledge, so here I am - asking for help. My current situation is that I can define schemas that will generate very simple classes but I have two major problems: (1) I do not know how to write a schema, so that my classes can get properties with skeletons for getter and setter, as opposed to public fields ? Right now, for every generated clas...

Won't 'paste' what's been 'copied' and won't 'cut' text
Os 10.4.11 Ibook G4 Entourage 11.4.0 Hi, 'Selecting' is assumed below. Copy, cut and paste (apple+x+c+v & the same from the drop down menu bar) aren't working correctly either within one message window of Entourage, or from one window to another. A 'cut' will not paste what's cut. It'll paste something from a _prior_ cut, either from within Entourage, from Word, from Safari (and maybe other apps.) to Entourage. The "Delete" key works on selected items, but then paste doesn't paste the item that's been deleted. It pastes t...

copy and paste in Excel 2007 slow
When I use the office clipboard to copy numerous individual cells (containing only text) it slows down the more times I use it. I copy about 12 items at a time and then clear the clipboard after I have pasted all of them. By about the 3rd or 4th set it takes so long to copy each cell, 10 to 15 seconds...pasting is still quick. I did not have this problem in Excel 2003. Is there some reason for this slowdown? Thank you. Debbie I am using a fairly new computer with lots of RAM and HD space, Windows XP. Hi Debbie, I have the same problem and have had it ever since I first installed Office 200...

Excel #9
I would really appreciate if someone can help me with this issue. I have a project that will last 6 months with 31 milestones (M1 through M152)(deadlines), and I am trying to create a calendar showing the milestones. My goal is to create a formula that would allow me to enter just the milestone number, and have the rest of the text auto populated. i.e. (1=Milestone 1 = draft outline, 2=Milestone 2=meeting 1 with engineer) So have I have been succesful to come up with the following formula: COLUM A: Cell A1 M1: Draft outline Cell A2 M2: Draft Presentation Cell A3 M3: Draft Cover Letter Cell ...

Multi-Page Word Doc Linked to Excel?
How do I get a multi-paged word document to show ALL pages when it is object-linked to an Excel Spreadsheet? I've tried everything I can think of, and it only shows the first page in Excel. Please help, and thanks in advance. -Kalea AFAIK only the first page will display on the wksht. In order to access the entire doc, double-click it so it will open in Word. HTH |:>) "Kalea" wrote: > How do I get a multi-paged word document to show ALL pages when it is > object-linked to an Excel Spreadsheet? I've tried everything I can think of, > and it only shows ...

Can't accept a task in Outlook 2007
I keep getting an error message when I try to accept a task sent to me in outlook 2007. The pop up message says: "The task cannot be sent. It may be an attachment of another message" Has anyone seen this before or know how to fix it so that I can accept a task? I can accept calendar dates and such, but not tasks. Please help! ...

Can exchange grab ISP e-mail?
I am implementing an Exchange server into a new network. This is a basicaly a brand new setup and currently a large amount of users have e-mail through an ISP. I want them to be able to get their ISP e-mail via there exchange account. So in theory there exchange account would receive the e-mail and the end-user would only need to log onto their exchange box. Then after a few months we can finaly be rid of the ISP's e-mail. Is this possible or am I going to have to set up everyone to use both their exchange account and their ISP account until we decide to can the ISP e-mail? On ...

How can I set different print areas in the same Excel sheet?
I know very little about Excel since until recently all of my work was in Microsoft Word. However, people now email Excel documents to me to print and I get more confused with each one. Is it possible to set three different-sized print areas in one sheet, each with a different percentage of size adjustment? There are times when many pages of a sheet will go from A-H and the last one or two will go from A-AS. When each sheet is set to fit on a legal size page, the A-H pages are as microscopic as the last ones. What, if anything, could I do to even out the appearance and readabilit...

Publisher 2007 Copy and Paste
How does one prevent a new text box from being formed inside another previously created text box? I receive articles for a sixteen page quarterly newsletter by e-mail and I open and save and edit such articles in MS Word 2007. When previously using Publisher 2000, I would just need to copy the entire article from MS Word 2007 and then paste it in the text box that had already been created in the newsletter. With Publisher 2007 when I copy the entire article in MS Word 2007 and paste it within the previously created text box in the newsletter, a brand new text box appears within the previous...

Inserted graphics in Publisher can't be seen.
There has to be an easy fix,Help! Dennis <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > There has to be an easy fix,Help! Try View > Pictures > Detailed Display. If this fails, this is almost certainly a problem with your video driver. By going to Display Properties > Settings > Advanced > Troubleshoot, and dragging the Hardware Acceleration slider down three notches, you will be able to disable Publisher from making the calls on the video driver that cause this problem. If this does fix your problem, it means that the problem does indeed li...

Windows Delayed write Failed Err Msg While trying to save Excel fi
Several users have been getting the following warnings / Errors when saving excel workbooks on a Windows 2003 Server Std R2 with SP2 from a Windows XP Pro with SP2 workstation. 1. Windows - Delayed Write Failed Windows was unable to save all the data for the file. The data has been lost. This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection. 2. Document not saved (No problem with the user permissions on the file) 3. Disk is full (Quota Management enabled at folder level but Sufficient quota available to save the file) 4. Event IDs 50 & 26 are logged...

copy and paste only unhidden information
i have an excel doc. that has hdden and unhidden information. i want to copy and paste ONLY the unhidden information. When i copy and paste it it takes everything hidden with it. how to i stop that from happening.? You need to use the Select Visible Cells toolbar icon. Add this icon to your tools bar. You can find it under the edit category of the customize toolbar feature. To use it selct your cells then click on the select visible cells icon and hit copy. "heatherB" wrote: > i have an excel doc. that has hdden and unhidden information. i want to > copy and paste ONL...

Help please - tried everything - nothing works
Hi I look after a network for a charity in the UK. We recently implemented web content filtering using Webmarshal from netiq. Users now access the internet using webmarshal's inbuilt proxy server. Since introducing this, users of MS Publisher can no longer access online clipart from within the Publisher programme - by doing a search. You can however view online content by browsing categories in clip organiser. I've been assuming that the issue is with the proxy server configuration and have added various microsoft.com addresses (the ones I've found reference to in Newsgroups) ...

HTML & Excel
I am trying to open a ".csv" file that has HTML within one field of the file. I would like the HTML to just get inserted into one cell, but when I open the file, it seems that excel automatically starts to process the HTML and then render it into the spreadsheet making it look kindof like a web page. Does anyone know how I can just get that HTML in one cell on the ".csv" file open? I tried removing all the double quotes and putting in a single quote, neither worked. Try changing the extension to .txt and using the Text Wizard to bring in the columns as Text (cli...

Over-riding EI / CPP (CAN Payroll)
I want the CPP & EI for to distribute to either COGS or Salaries Expense based on whether the employee is salaried or hourly. EI & CPP default to only one account. I can't find a way around this since one cannot manually enter CPP & EI amounts. Is there a way around this? I thought of distributing to a variable allocation account, but that just won't work with our setup. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. ...

Excel Startup Error
When I click on a excel document the computer hangs for about 2 seconds, then opens excel with no document displayed. If I first ope excel (click on the .exe) and then open a dcoument, no problem. I als have the same issue with Word. Have tried repairing Office installation, removing and reinstallin excell, deleted all .xla files - nothing seems to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance -- philale ----------------------------------------------------------------------- philalex's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1537 View ...

For the man who has everything and loves money
For the successful man who loves money and the good life, perhaps you'll enjoy this little bit of fantasy http://www.laderagentlemensclub.com/ Thank you! ...

Outlook 2000 SP3
Please, I just got a new box. On the old box I had MS Office 2000 and then upgraded it with Outlook 2002 that I got with a Pocket PC purchase. Now, with the new box, I installed MSO 2000 but cannot locate the product ID for the Outlook 2002 disk. So, I am stuck with only 2000 on the new box. I went to the 'net and got all the updates. My problem is that clicking on the "Customize" button in Outlook Today screen does nothing. I cannot change the look and/or layout. Please help. Leland <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My problem is that clicking on ...

Weed out words using Excel??
Is there a way to automatically isolate an appearance of a word in list of words, eg I have a full dictionary of words, and I want to end up wit a list where the word (for example) "log" appears. So if the big lis contains: logarithm chair table catalogue (each on a sepearte line) The list I would want would be: logarithm catalogue (leaving out the others) Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Have a look at Data / Filter / Autofilter. Andy. PS I'd love to know where you got your text file from!! "sensible >" <<sensible.148ne7@exc...

2004 Word, Entourage, Excel "Help" text selections: how copy to Notes? #2
How does one highlight and then copy text from Help components of Office 2004's Word, Excel and Entourage? "Select all" and "copy" are grayed out and command-c and command-a do not work with "Help" text in any of the Office 2004 components. If there were some way to copy and paste these selections into Entourage Notes, one could do boolean searches for multiple criteria within "Help" notes. This also would allow one to add his or her notations to the "Help" passages copied into Notes. It would also make it possible to put the user&#...

Parsing Names in Excel
I have a list in Excel from A1:A100 with names like the ones mentioned below: Michelle Fooo (michelfoo@exchange.SASMOM.com) Myhaass Smith (mysmith@exchange.SASMOM.com) I want to parse them using string functions to the following format michelfoo@SASMOM.com mysmith@SASMOM.com Any ideas how to do this using a formula? Thanks in advance Michael Michael Are you wanting to strip all the name out too or just remove the exchange.? If the latter just use edit>replace What:=exchange. and leave the with blank -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_...

Copy Master and subs to new folder
We maintain a master and subprojects on a network drive and a specific folder. Only my group is allowed access to this folder. Lets say K drive folder A However, Program Mangers, leads etc need acces to the schedules for review. What we do is create another folder and copy the Master and subs to that folder for a sand box for them to use. Lets say K drive and folder B. What we are experiencing is the Master in the new (sandbox) location (K drive and folder B) still thinks it's subs are in the K drive and folder A location. When someone opens the subs in the sandbox fol...