Events, dear boy, events #3

Aha

I pasted:

Application.EnableEvents = true

into the immediate window and now the code is working. I don't have an
code that would have turned it off in the first place, however. Coul
this be a default setting somewhere, or is just one of those thing
that can happen now and then?

Anyway, thanks for the solution, Bo

--
Gromi
Gromit's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=92

Just a guess.

If you turn it off in code (and you're stepping through the code while it's
executing), you may have ended your routine before the .enableevents = true was
run.

--

Dave Peterson
0

offline post-callout in crm 3.0
Hi, we are using post-callouts for some custom entites in CRM 3.0. Is post-callout available in offline mode? If not, will the post-callout be fired when the user goes back online? thx Jani Jani, There's no callout event model in offline mode, but the server callouts will fire when a client goes back onlineand synchronizes data triggering them. -- Michael http://www.stunnware.com/crm ---------------------------------------------------------- "Jani" <lili@iaeste.at> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1150202493.889874.297240@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Hi, >...

Error message #3
Lately in out office we have been getting the following error message. As of now we have tried repairing office and reinstalling it. The only thing we have found to work is to have the file restored off of an older backup of our server. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why we might be getting this error and/or how we could fix it? 'EXCEL.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created.' Then the programs closes by itself. Thanks in advance. Joe ...

Is it possible? 3 level validation list
Hello all, I was wondering if it possible to make a "multi-level validation" list What I need it to do is the following: Column A has a drop down list - Standard, nothing fancy However, when you pick anything from that list, another list say i Column B, is adjusted so the user can only pick items that ar specifically 'linked' to that first item. Then I would need the sam situation to link to Column C, narrowing that list down further. Thi might only be needed to go down to a 4th level. If this is possible, please let me know. Now bear in my, I conside myself a Novice wi...

OnLoad event criteria
If have the code below in the OnLoad event which is working fine for the most part. The second line is causing a problem for cases where there is no matching record. The code is setting the value - I'd like to have it check the value first, and if it matches the value for the related field in the current form recordset, set the value, otherwise just open the form without setting the value. If CurrentProject.AllForms("AllOpen").IsLoaded Then Me.Combo1 = Forms!AllOpen!ID ' Find the record that matches the control. Dim rs As Object Set rs ...

Printing Private events/appts. on Calendars
A while ago I asked about how to stop Outlook printing private appointments or events in the calendars. Someone said to check "don't print private events" in the print screen which I did. Anyway, the calendar that gets printed, in the day that there is a private event it says "Private Event". How do I stop it from printing them altogether? I want it to appear on the calendar as nothing. ie. if there is only that event then the calendar should appear with no events for that day. Thanks ...

saving #3
Is there a way to save to the same folder without havin to navigate to that folder everytime? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Tools>Options>General>Default file Location pathname will be your default folder for Open and Save. If you want to save in another folder you will have to navigate or use a macro to re-direct the file being saved to a folder of your choice. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 12:32:49 -0600, sunroyal <<sunroyal.110hwn@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: >Is there a way to save to the same folder without havin to navigat...

CountIF? #3
Hi, I was wondering if somebody could help me. I have a list of data I have imported, it is 7 numbers across and continues down a long way. I am trying to use the COUNTIF function but I'm not sure if this is what I need. I would like the spreadsheet to display when a number repeats itself during this list. For example - 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 6 2 3 5 1 4 11 I would like a function that shows when the 2 has repeated itself. I then need to find how many times it has repeated itself. Any help much appreciated. Thanks. if you JUST want the one number =countif(a2:c222,2) -- Don Guillett ...

command button #3
i'm trying to create a calculator that determines the rate of pay for an apprentice, but am quite stuck. how can i create a command button that gives me a calculation based upon three factors that are chosen from a drop down list? I would just use an IF statement within an IF statement. Roughly like =IF(DropDownCell="apprentice1",$10,(=IF(DropDownCell="apprentice2",$15,$20)) Or take that drop down list and split it into three columns. Depending on the math. "ashley" wrote: > i'm trying to create a calculator that determines the rate of pay for ...

Venn diagram #3
Any way, we can create venn diagrams to represent subsets in pictorial form; Right now charts do not provide such a functionality Using the circles tool in the Draw toolbar? -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "S Ganesh" <S Ganesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A20FB89E-CEAA-4D8F-864D-327DB090A10E@microsoft.com... > Any way, we can create venn diagrams to represent subsets in pictorial > form; > Right now charts do not provide such a functionality Bernard wrote on Fri, 2 Mar 2007 09:18:36 -0400: BL>...

Error in Event Viewer event id 1023 pop3 connector, 1029, 1036, 10
Hello Exchange Administrators, I am getting these Error in Event Viewer "event id 1023 pop3 connector, 1029, 1036, 1015, 1019, 1015" on regular basis after every 15 min for every user. I need yours help to fix these errors. Also tell me why these error are logged in event viewer or cause of these errors We are using WIndoes 2003 SBS, Exchange Server 2003. Thanks you for yours help in advance. On Fri, 1 Sep 2006 11:11:01 -0700, Guri <Guri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello Exchange Administrators, > >I am getting these Error in Event Viewer "event id 1...

Price List #3
We have customers with the same prices, except some items. How can I copy an existing pricelist and change only the items with a different price to assign the new pricelist to the customer? -- Toni Go to Price List Utilities On Sep 25, 5:14=A0pm, Toni <T...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We have customers with the same prices, except some items. How can I copy= an > existing pricelist and change only the items with a different price to as= sign > the new pricelist to the customer? > -- > Toni This was my first step, but Price List Utilities let you copy only i...

Runtime Error #3
I use Office XP Professional on Windows XP Professional. After a update of Office on 11/20/2003, I get the following error when opening Outlook: "C++ runtime error. C:/Outlook-Path Abnormal program termination." When starting Outlook a second time things work fine. Check and Repair or reinstallation does not help. Please advise how to fix. Thank you. ...

Mystery 3 Surfaces Again
Many moons ago i posted that 3 was being requested in my Package & Deployment PDW attempts. Still is, but know, I think I have stumbled on where this is coming from. Hopefully someone will know what to do. I certainly do not. Ignore was the suggestion before. While pondering a problem I opened Project\References and was looking through those checked and ran into this: Microsoft VBScript Regualr Expressions 5.5 Yes, I am using RegEx. This I notice this Location: C:\Windows\system32\vbscript.dll\3 Ah ha! There is that pesky 3 How did that get there? Is that correc...

deleting events in calender
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I have inadvertently imported a weekly event into my calender. Each event seems to be logged as an individual event rather than a repeat event. I do not know how to delete it. Am trying, unsuccessfully, to show all events in one window so that I can easily select this irrelevant event, but cant display that window. Can you help me, either showing that elusive window, or how to otherwise delete MANY events. In article <59bb30c6.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0>, <leaest@officeformac.com> w...

Catch click event button
Hi all, I was wondering... Is it possible to "catch" a click-event on a BuildIn Offie Button? In order to execute your own VBA-code? e.g. I want to be able to catch the "Undo" button in order to execute a piece of macro code in stead of just "Undoing" only the last action. Greetz, Bert -- Neron It is possible to catch ("intercept") most built-in Word commands, as described at http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/InterceptSavePrint.htm. In this case, the macro you need to write is named EditUndo, as in Public Sub E...

4117 Event ID Error
Starting 1-29-04 we started getting 4117 error messages just like those discussed in Micrisoft's Knowledge Base Article 190084. The only thing that arcticle suggests is to update to SP 4 which is already installed on the machine. I have never seen this message before and now we are getting one every few minutes. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Sean Seems like you have something else going on then, check out the following articles and see if these help: 126497 XADM: Limiting the Number of Recipients of a Message http://support.microsoft.com/?id=126497 230250 XFOR: Internet ...

Lost mail #3
I lost all my emails and Did not do any backup of my mailbox but I've done a complete synchronization and all my email are synchronize to OST file. So anyway to get my email back. Or any ideas? All your suggestion would be very much appreciated. Pit <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I lost all my emails and Did not do any backup of my > mailbox but I've done a complete synchronization and all > my email are synchronize to OST file. > > So anyway to get my email back. Or any ideas? If they're in your OST because you synced with the Exchan...

Inserting MS Equation 3.0 into Visio Standard 2002 SR-1 Shapes
Hi I'm a newbie unsuccessfully trying to create a mindmap that includes putting calculus formulas from MS Equation 3.0 into the "Growing Bubble" shape. I have no trouble with standard text in the bubble and can insert the equations outside of the bubble but not inside. Can it be done? If not is there another way I can achieve my mindmap? Many thanks -- Vince ...

Event
I have recorded a macro that I need to automatically run at 6:45am daily. How do I specify this in the code? Everything you need to know about OnTime procedures (but were afraid to ask): http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm You'll need to have excel running for this to work. ===== Some versions of windows have scheduler programs. (Or you can get a freeware/shareware version on the web (www.shareware.com is where I look first.) Then you could have that scheduling program start an excel workbook. If you name the macro Auto_Open, then it'll run when the workbook opens. (But ...

Exporting Contacts #3
What I am trying to do is to export people in my contact list that have yet to send or receive an email from (no activities) and brin them into an excel spreadsheet for example. This way the spreadshee would have all of the contact information on it. This is for m business and instead of making several hundred phone calls, I woul like to send out a piece of mail instead. Anyone have any ideas ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com What you can do is export th...

Exchange forwarding #3
Here is the story. We are beginning the process of merging two companies. We use Exchange 2003 for our e-mail platform, and they use Lotus/Domino. Before we decide on a final platform, our sales team will need to be able to send out, and receive e-mail on their domain. This is not a problem, we will setup forwarding from the Domino domain, to ours, and we have setup contact objects so our users can "Send As" their new company mail address within Outlook. The problem is this, when a sales rep is sent an e-mail to their new forwarded Domino address, they receive the mail with no is...

Event After the sale
Hi to all Is any way to bypass the event that after you complete the sale you get a window with the change in it, in order to go to the next sale you have either hit OK or enter because if you scan an item from that point it does not scan in and it appears to me that you can miss an item from been scanned in any way to fix this issue. Also if you have scan several items into the system and you go to del one item in the middle of the page RMS is loosing its focus and starts to scan into the next line down which deletes the items that have been scanned.I think it should go to the next ...

What event when I click the record selector
I have some labels on the form would like to populate its value (they are calculated values) when I select the record selector, next, previous or last or first. What event should I write the code into? On Tue, 22 May 2007 11:01:23 +1000, "Alan T" <alanpltseNOSPAM@yahoo.com.au> wrote: >I have some labels on the form would like to populate its value (they are >calculated values) when I select the record selector, next, previous or last >or first. > >What event should I write the code into? > Well, don't use Labels for this purpose; use textboxes ...

Recurring event
Is there a way to set a meeting date and have it recurring each month, but not on a certain week or certain date of each month. My meeting happens on a Thursday in each month but not every 2nd, 3rd or 4th Thursday. Some months it is the 3rd Thursday and some it is the 4th Thursday. ...

Login Problem #3
I also have a login problem that started yesterday. All over sudden I cannot access my money file any longer. The same is true for the backup that money makes when you exit the program. Now when i try to access my money file I get the following response: The sign-in name you entered is not associated with this file. Please enter the correct sign-in name or open another file I have tried to change the .net password to no avail. I have also tried to login without the .net online feature and get back an incorrect password message. help Please read other postings before posting. <...