Errors in copying formulas

When I copy a formula from one cell for set row to the following rows' cells
I get the same result as the original cell although the formulas are changing
as they should. I am not using absolute references in the formula.  I have
never seen this before while working with excel.

Tools>Options>Calculation.

Make sure "Automatic" is checked.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 15:03:02 -0800, "Frequent_User"
<Frequent_User@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>When I copy a formula from one cell for set row to the following rows' cells
>I get the same result as the original cell although the formulas are changing
>as they should. I am not using absolute references in the formula.  I have
>never seen this before while working with excel.

0
Gord

Help with a formula please.
In column "A" I have about 400 file names with each path, for example: D:\Folio_02\AL605_02.xls Each file contains a value named "ATT" and another named "XBB". I need to get these values in adjoining columns. I've tried every variation of the following I can think of without success: A1&"!"&ATT None have worked. I'm sure I have done this before but can't remember and can't find any of my old files with an example. Please help. Jim More like: A1&"!ATT" ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "jim...

Excel Progrom Error

Copying Sent Emails to Network Folder
Some users on our network were asking if it is possible to copy outgoing messages to a network folder using the address field (either to: or cc:). Is there a way to give a network folder an email address, or is there a code which can be created to allow this to happen. Also, it would not be the same folder for each outgoing message, they would need to change the location based on the project related to the email they are sending. I apologize for shotgunning the message, but I just wasn't sure which board to which to post the question. Thanks in advance for any advice. Please feel free ...

Sharebuilder account import error

DPM2010 RC Errors on secondary server.

Followup on Copy Objects from Another A2007 db using vba
I created a form with several listboxes (one for each type of object...) allowing a user to select a "sandbox" FE (where newly modified objects have been tested...) and a "Production" FE (where users log in using Tony's AutoFE). The user selects the objects he wants to copy in each listbox (one listbox to a tab...), then clicks the "TransferSelected" button. Herewith the event procedure: Private Sub btnTransferSelected_Click() Dim ctl As Control Dim lngObjectType As AcObjectType Dim strObjectType As String Dim varItem As Varian...

Help with Formula Please
I have the following formula in cell c1 in a spreadsheet: =IF(D1>A1,IF(B1="over","+"),IF(D1<A1,IF(B1="over","-",IF(D1<A1,IF(B1="under","+"),IF(D1>A1,IF(B1="under","-")))))) 200 over - 195 200 over + 205 200 under FALSE 205 200 under + 195 What I've done above is test the formula for all four possible outcomes. As you can see the third outcome in the table (the fourth argument in the formula) is false, but I want it to read "-". I have changed the formula around every way I can thi...

ERROR

error, chkdsk

count results of formula, not text in formula
I would like to count the results of a formula, format is a mix of numbers and text. A B Formula in Column B is 1 8 (8),(7) ="("&A1&"),("&A3&")" 2 10 (10) =+A2, with custom formatting of (0) to show brackets 3 7 (8),(10) ="("&A1&"),("&A2&")" 4 14 5 9 There are numbers in Column A in rows 1 to 5, there are formulas in Column B. The actual formulas are the column I need to count the requirements. In this example, I need to count ...

4.4.7 error

error 0x800CCC0F

delete server...routing master error

Excel error codes translations

need help coming up with a formula.
I know just enough in Excel that I know I can get the info I want but not enough to know how to do it. Any help would be much appreciated. I am working with 2 columns of data, for example: Days in Stock____________Cost 2_____________________$300 21____________________$400 117___________________$600 8_____________________$400 37____________________$500 78____________________$500 What I want to calculate is the average cost for 0-10 days in stock (($300 + $400)/2= $350), the average cost for 11-60 days in stock, and the average cost for 60+ days in stock. What sort of formula would best cal...

formulas #10
Can someone please help me with these 2 formulas that I need to enter into my Spreadsheet?. I am trying to set up a Profit calculator for my Ebay listings. This would be appreciated thanks so much Selling Price - US$25.01 - US$100.00 10.00% of the initial US$25.00 (US$2.50), plus 7.00% of the remaining closing value balance Selling Price - US$100.01 - US$1,000.00 10.00% of the initial US$25.00 (US$2.50), plus 7.00% of the initial US$25.01 - US$100.00 (US$5.25), plus 5.00% of the remaining closing value balance US$100.01 - US$1,000.00 On Feb 7, 11:36 am, "Bacchus" &l...

Re: Money 2004

Technical error

CObject Private method access error

Error in closing Outlook

Typing message error

Receive an error message when you try to perform any editing tasks
Hi We have exch2003 cluster and recently we have some note book with Vista, now when we are accessing mailbox through OWA we are getting error when we want to edit (reply, forward) there is article from MS, we want to know does this article also apply to exch clsuter or it is for member server. The artical is http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=911829 Nagori Not sure what you mean by either exch cluster or member server, but basically you will need to install this patch on your FE and BE exchange servers, including your exch cluster servers. To install exch hotfixes or patches, move...