error "module not found"

I have problem opening an  Excel file. It comes up with "Visual Basic" error
window, and the error message is "Module not found".

I'm using Excel 2000 on Windows 98.

Help provides following info. about the error -
Module not found

Modules aren't loaded from a code reference — they
must be part of the project. This error has the
following cause and solution:

The requested module doesn't exist in the specified
project. For example, the statement MyModule.SomeVar =
5 generates this error when MyModule isn't visible in
the project MyProject.
See your host application documentation for
information on including the module in the project.

Excel file is provided by a friend who uses Mac, and I think it contains
some macros.

Any idea? Thanks in advance.

0
Amit1 (33)

probably some missing references. Go to VB editor. Tools > References.
Uncheck any 'missing' references.

Mangesh

"Amit" <Amit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have problem opening an  Excel file. It comes up with "Visual Basic"
error
> window, and the error message is "Module not found".
>
> I'm using Excel 2000 on Windows 98.
>
> Help provides following info. about the error -
> Module not found
>
> Modules aren't loaded from a code reference - they
> must be part of the project. This error has the
> following cause and solution:
>
> The requested module doesn't exist in the specified
> project. For example, the statement MyModule.SomeVar =
> 5 generates this error when MyModule isn't visible in
> the project MyProject.
> See your host application documentation for
> information on including the module in the project.
>
> Excel file is provided by a friend who uses Mac, and I think it contains
> some macros.
>
> Any idea? Thanks in advance.

error "module not found"
I have problem opening an Excel file. It comes up with "Visual Basic" error window, and the error message is "Module not found". I'm using Excel 2000 on Windows 98. Help provides following info. about the error - ------------------------------------------------ Module not found Modules aren't loaded from a code reference — they must be part of the project. This error has the following cause and solution: The requested module doesn't exist in the specified project. For example, the statement MyModule.SomeVar = 5 generates this error when MyModule isn't...

module not found
help please - I have been using a self-built database without trouble but now it tells me it cannot find it's module - the subject line above is the actual error message with the title 'Microsoft Visual Basic'. Help and OK are provide as buttons to click. OK takes me to the module and the appropriate Private Sub code. What can I do??? -- aussie from down-under What action causes it to produce the error message? "aussieVic" <aussieVic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91404F3C-EEDB-43C6-AF9C-F9DC405A5812@microsoft.com... > help please - I ha...

LoadLibrary fails with message "Module Not Found"
Hi All , I am facing a problem with LoadLibrary wherein , when i try to load my custom dll XYZ.dll from system32 it works fine. If i place the same dll in Program Files/Custom Folder/XYZ.dll and try to load it , LoadLibrary fails with error number 0x7E meaning Moudule Not Found. I try to find out the dependencies , with Depends.exe and my custom dll XYZ.dll depends on dlls only from System32 meaning it doesn't depend on any other custom dlls. What might be the problem??? Any help is greatly appreciated... -Santosh //KRLoadLibraryFails I believe LoadLibrary looks for the DLL in the cur...