Error message in Excel after exporting Access query to Excel

Hello,

I have a few queries in Access that I have been exporting to Excel, and
never had any problems for 7 months...until last week. Each Access query is
not big, 5 columns, 2-50 rows. Excel file exporting to is about 500kb, not
big either.

Last week I exported queries from Access without any error messages. However
when I tried to open Excel, it says Excel file I am trying to open
encountered serious issues last time it was opened, then asked me if I want
to report to Microsoft. It did not matter whether I said yes or no to this
question, the question box kept coming up for a few times, and brought me to
a new blank sheet. My co-worker got the same error message, and could not
open this Excel file either.

I want to know why this happened and what I should do in case same thing
happens in the future.
Thank you for your help!   Romi

0
Romi (2)

query 02-20-08
How do I create an an append query that activates the append after 5 days On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 07:51:01 -0800, Gunther Dawson <GuntherDawson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I create an an append query that activates the append after 5 days A Query by itself cannot do this. You can write VBA code to launch the query... but you'll have to explain, five days after what? Do you want to do something today which will cause a query to run on the 25th, to run every five days henceforward, or what? -- John W. Vinson [MVP] I would like the append query to automati...

Sending entire objects via socket vs primitive message fields
I am using a library called "The Network Development Kit". http://www.codeproject.com/internet/ndk.asp The kit allows me to easily establish client/server connections and assemble "messages" (consisting of strings, integers, etc) to pass back and forth between the client and server. With my initial protocol design, I have been passing data via the primitive data field types (strings, int's, etc). The basic logic flow requires me to: 1) Deconstruct the object and assemble the varying field values into a CNDKMessage. 2) Send that message to the server and reconstruct th...

Setup of Generic Out of office Message office 2003/2007
Hi, Out Communications department want's us to setup a standard out of office message for all mailboxes in the organisation. They want every user to have access to the generic Out of Office message. Is there a way I can create an Outlook template or something that I could give all users to put in their mailbox Out of Office area. thanks -- Kath ...

Excel Progrom Error

Sharebuilder account import error

Storing Data in Microsoft Excel
Hi I wonder if anyone out there would help I have excel, and I have some data which I update daily in the spreadsheet, I would like to create a macro, to copy all the data onto another page, and then, so that the next day I enter new set of data and when I press the same button it copies it all to the same page as the other data, but one row underneath (so that it doesn't override it) I know this can be done, but I cant remember how to do it. I did something in VB, active.offset but that's all I can remember if there is anyone that could help that would be brilliant All the be...

Need help w/ excel formula (duplicate entry)
Hello, I am not sure if this is possible but I would like write a formula that would recognize a duplicate entry under same column. e.g., column A has heading of Sample ID# and under is sample ID# in random order. If an entry of ID is then made but if it is a repeat of the ID that was previously entered, I would like to it to give some kind of warning message. Thank you. You may want to read some of Chip Pearson's techniques for dealing with duplicates: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm Visit Chip Pearson's site for a Data|validation solution: http://www.cpearson.com/ex...

Messages saved to Deleted Items instead of Drafts
I am using Outlook 2003 SP2 (Office 2003 Pro) in Windows XP Pro SP2, with all available patches to Windows and Office. If I start a message or a Reply and click the Save icon, the saved message is "saved" to the Deleted Items folder instead of the Drafts folder. If I close the message (as one would do if one were planning to continue later) and empty the Deleted Items folder the message is lost. If I go to Tools, Options, Preferences, E-mail Options..., Advanced E-mail Options..., "Save unsent items in:" has "Drafts" selected, so it should save them in the...

DPM2010 RC Errors on secondary server.

Problems with Using Query with Analyze it with Microsoft Excel
We have a problem with Access 2003 and EXCEL 2003. I have a QUERY from ACCESS 2003 and hit the following sequence of commands - "TOOLS" "OFFICE LINKS" and "ANALYZE IT WITH MICROSOFT EXCEL". I notice the Excel pops up and I see fields being imported and when it is down the Excel spreadsheet is blank - not even a blank spreadsheet comes up. What am I doing wrong. We need Access 2003 to link to the data in Excel so we can edit and modify it using EXCEL as well as ACCESS. Thanks for your help. JW ...

ERROR

error, chkdsk

Access 2.0 Converter 09-27-04
I have installed the converter for moving from Access 2.0 to Access 2003 running under Windows XP Professional. However Access 2003 still tells me I need to convert the database and does not recognise the converter has been installed, so points me again to the Microsoft Website to obtain the converter. Any suggestions please. Hi Colin, My name is Amy Vargo. Thank you for using the Microsoft Access Newsgroups. Are you sure that you ran the .exe file for the Access 2.0 Converter so that it was installed? To download the Access 2.0 Converter free of charge, visit the following Micro...

4.4.7 error

error 0x800CCC0F

Excel error codes translations

delete server...routing master error

Re: Money 2004

set up different default printer for MS Excel
I have a printer A set up as default for my PC. I want to have a printer B to be default one for ALL NEW Excel files. So task is not to change it manually or via some macro button; the task is to have the printer B ready directly after opening of Excel file. Any suggestions? Stefan, You can change the default printer for all applications with the Windows Control Panel. Start - Control Panel - Printers and Faxes. Right-click the printer you wish to be the default, and choose "Set as Default." To set a default printer for Excel only (different from the Windows default printer...

Excel reference
Does anyone know a good reference for the excel functions/methods in powershell. doing the more advance stuff in excel through powershell. Setting print areas, centering columns etc... Saw your old post. Not sure if this will help google Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.ApplicationClass or $a = New-Object -comobject Excel.Application $a|get-method "Chris" wrote: > Does anyone know a good reference for the excel functions/methods in > powershell. > > doing the more advance stuff in excel through powershell. Setting > print areas, cent...

Technical error

how do i query Multiple Databases in access?
Help… I need to create an access database that would query Multiple Paradox Databases the Paradox Databases all have the same fields. the purpose of the access database to check all the Paradox Databases for any differences from the master and flag and variance with a indicial Paradox Database. Dan :) Danc383@hotmail.com wrote: > I need to create an access database that would query Multiple Paradox > Databases > > the Paradox Databases all have the same fields. > > the purpose of the access database to check all the Paradox Databases for > any differences f...

CObject Private method access error