ERROR check if a date set entered violates a previous date set

I am devloping an excel program that has a list of date sets, not
necessarily in sequencial order. What I want is an ERROR CHECK if a
date set violates any date set previously entered.
What I was looking for was that a discharge could not be typed in as
follows:
1/10/04 to 4/20/04
2/10/04 to 3/20/04
The second date falls within the first and should be invalid setting
off a message or an alert of an invalid entry.  I am interested in
making it idiot proof so that one could not enter dates within or
covering dates already entered. This one really throws me, Please
help.

The answer to your question is to check the "from" and "to" date of
the current entry to see if it falls between the "from" and "to" date
of the previous entry.  If either date falls into the previous date
range, generate a message.

What makes this complicated is the way the data is entered: as it
stands,
1/10/04 to 4/20/04
2/10/04 to 3/20/04

� occupies just 2 cells and contains spaces and the word "to", which
means these are text cells.  To do any meaningful work on these
entries, you'll need to cut them apart and convert them to dates.
This can be done, but it's chunky, particularly since you need to cut
it apart 8 times.  Is it possible for you alter the sprdsht to enter
the dates in a "from" and a "to" column?  If you can do that, you'll
simplify your formula.

If you can make this change, and assuming your layout looks like this
		Col		Col
		A		B
Row 1		1/10/04  	4/20/04
Row 2		2/10/04		3/20/04

The formula in cell C2 is
=IF(AND(OR(A1>A2,A2>B1),OR(A1>B2,B2>B1)),"","Date overlap")

Contact me for further discussion: CycleZen@yahoo.com

captbuzzard@aol.com (buzz) wrote in message news:<5f1b44cf.0406160904.d31d38e@posting.google.com>...
> I am devloping an excel program that has a list of date sets, not
> necessarily in sequencial order. What I want is an ERROR CHECK if a
> date set violates any date set previously entered.
> What I was looking for was that a discharge could not be typed in as
> follows:
> 1/10/04 to 4/20/04
> 2/10/04 to 3/20/04
> The second date falls within the first and should be invalid setting
> off a message or an alert of an invalid entry.  I am interested in
> making it idiot proof so that one could not enter dates within or
> covering dates already entered. This one really throws me, Please
> help.
0
CycleZen (674)

Excel Progrom Error

Sharebuilder account import error

DPM2010 RC Errors on secondary server.

Word inserts incorrect date
Here's my problem: When I begin to type the date in a word document, Word completes the date, but it is two days off of the correct date. For instance, today is, November 5, 2005. Yet Word completes the date as November 3, 2005. It only happens in Microsoft Word. I have checked my Mac preferences and the date is correct there. Any ideas? Have you relaunched Word recently? All the Office programs take the date from the OS at startup. So try quitting and restarting. On 11/5/05 11:28 AM, "keelime" wrote: > Here's my problem: When I begin to type the date in a wo...

ERROR

Evaluate Receipt Date in receipt
Is there a way to evaluate a receipt date inside of a CONDITION tag? I want to do <= and >= I've tried and it seems like I cant evaluate TransactionDate. (Yes, I am using >= and <=) Thanks.... ...

How to carry over date value from one record to the next.
I have searched this site and the internet in search of an answer to this problem but none of the solutions I've found have seemed to help. I have a form that is used for data entry. The first two text boxes are called Supervisor and W/E Date. These two values will remain the same for several dozen entries. I have tried just using CTRL + ' to repeat the data but that is getting quite time consuming as well. How do I automatically carry over the value to the next record once I input the first data in? Any help on this would be much appreciated. -- Message posted via AccessMo...

error, chkdsk

Obtain Mcse,Mcsa,Mcdba,Mcsd .Net,Ccna,Ccnp Without Exams(Pay After Check Resutls)100% Passing Gaurantee
All Certifications Like MICROSOFT,CISCO,COMPTIA,SOLARIS,ORACLE,SAP,MICOSOFT BUSINESS SOLUTIONS,EMC at your doorstep without exams..and with 100% passing guarantee...No need to go to any testing centre...we will do everything on behalf of you... We own several test centres worldwide and are able to offer you this fantastic service. If you would like a 100% guaranteed pass, then please read on further...... Mail only at this email id :- all_certs@yahoo.com We are able to offer a guaranteed pass for the following: Microsoft, Cisco, Comptia, Oracle, Solaris. Please send a request for any test th...

4.4.7 error

error 0x800CCC0F

delete server...routing master error

Excel error codes translations

set up different default printer for MS Excel
I have a printer A set up as default for my PC. I want to have a printer B to be default one for ALL NEW Excel files. So task is not to change it manually or via some macro button; the task is to have the printer B ready directly after opening of Excel file. Any suggestions? Stefan, You can change the default printer for all applications with the Windows Control Panel. Start - Control Panel - Printers and Faxes. Right-click the printer you wish to be the default, and choose "Set as Default." To set a default printer for Excel only (different from the Windows default printer...

Re: Money 2004

Clicked a .prf. file and woosh
Help! I accidentally clicked on a file with a .prf extension (some utility that keeps it preferences stored in such a file). To my surprise this not only started Outlook but also triggered some Outlook installation dialog. When I clicked that away I ended up with a completely new and empty Outlook! At first I was flabberghasted, since ALL my mails, my calendar entries, contacts, etc. EVERYTHING seemed gone! When I just doublechecked I saw, that this thing apparently created a new Outlook1.pst file which seems to be used as the new default. It seems that my old file "Outlook.pst&q...

Retirement date on FA
Is there a retirement date field in the Fixed Assets module? Would like to use that field in a report as a criteria. I think there is a retirement date stamp that is like a maintenance date, but I want to know the date that the retirement was effective. Merle, The retirement date on an asset will come from a Retirement Maintenance transaction, under Transactions > Fixed Assets > Retire. That information is not stored in the Asset Master (FA00100), but rather in the Asset Retirement Master table (FA00700). Hope this helps, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Bus...

Technical error

CObject Private method access error

How do I set up make the filename appear at the top of Excel docu.
How do I set up make the filename appear at the top of Excel document like it does in Word? File > PageSetup > Header/Footer > Custom Header and then click the filename button -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200737 "jwittrock" wrote: > How do I set up make the filename appear at the top of Excel document like it > does in Word? Do you mean appear on the blue title bar next to Microsoft Excel like Microsoft Excel - filename.xls That is the default behaviour for Excel workbooks. What are you seeing or not seeing? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 15 Aug 20...

Error in closing Outlook

Typing message error