Equation Editor- problem when editing an equation

I use Equation Editor a great deal, and I constantly have the same problem.
If I create an equation, and later go back to edit it, the font and spacing
of the equation change.  I try to resize the equation by enlarging or
decreasing the size of the window, but all that I accomplish is either
"bunching up" or "stretching" my equation.
How do I get it back to what it looked like originally?

0
GabyL (1)

equation editor
I just installed Office mac 2004 student teacher edition on my brand new MacBook. I can't seem to use equation editor. Since I am a math teacher, that sucks - to say the least! Error message says somethng like - make sure it has been installed, or maybe it has been renamed etc. All I did was install. Short of using my 2nd product key to fix the problem what can I check. Find brings up no info on equation editor. I don't think Eq Ed is automatically installed with a standard installation of Office 2004 - it needs to be included in a custom install or added later. You can install it no...

Linking problem #2
Hi, I am not specifically linking with nafxcw.lib but receiving the following link error messages: nafxcw.lib(appcore.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___argv nafxcw.lib(appcore.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___argc nafxcw.lib(apphelp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __mbctype Can anyone tell me how to resolve this problem. Thank You! "Ririko Horvath" <horvathr@securemethods.com> wrote in message news:uoGZHyV0DHA.3436@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I am not specifically linking with nafxcw.lib but receivi...

Problem with Access 2000 database
I am using an MS Access application. It uses an access database which is converted from Access 97 to Access 2000 format. While running the application( from MS Access 2003), the size of the database exceeds 2GB and the program stops responding. If i use database which is in 97 format, the application works perfectly. Any idea why this problem happening. Thanks in advance ...

2 variables in 2 quadratic equations in excel
Dear ms excel user/programmers: I hope this question is not repeated before. But anyway highly appreciate anyone can tell me how (or hint) to use ms excell and/or visual c/c++, basic, or octave(emulate matlab) to solve: (12-x)^2 + y^2 =15^2, (16+y)^2+x^2=25^2 (by programming or using its built in function)? that ^2 mean square. looking to any excel user, mathmatician, and/or programmer's help, eric, fsshl@yahoo.com Hi Eric The brute force way (requiring the least mathematical analysis) is to calculate the left hand side as functions of two reasonable first guess x and y inputs...

C++ problem
Hi, I need C++ code for Paste comand OpenClipboard GetClipboardData put it where you want it CloseClipboard If you have a more detailed question and useful context for answering it, a better answer can be given. joe On 14 Feb 2007 14:26:54 -0800, petra980@gmail.com wrote: >Hi, >I need C++ code for Paste comand Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.flounder.com MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm Here is some C++ code for Paste comand http://www.codeproject.com/clipboard/archerclipboard1.asp AliR. <petra980@gmail.com> wrote in ...

MS Word equation editor won't open when double-clicking on an equation
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I created a document (.docx) using the Office 2008 version of MS Word some time ago (2 months or so). Recently I wanted to correct an equation in that document and re-opened the document (on the same system and with the &quot;same&quot; copy of Word) and attempted to double-click the equation to edit it. Instead of the equation editor I get the &quot;Format Picture&quot; dialog box. In the interim I did install an update (I tend to try to stay up to date) and am at 12.2.4 (100205). <br><...

Linear trendline:wrong equation
Hi, I created a bar chart in Excel from the following data: X Y 73 6.6 78 5.7 86 4.8 The SLOPE and the INTERCEPT functions returned -0.136 and 16.4448 respectively. The resulting equation is Y = -0.136X + 16.448 which seems good enough to me. Then I added a linear trendline to the chart. Excel displayed the following equation: Y = -0.9X + 7.5, R ^2 =1 which is way off (and it's not a rounding problem)!!! The data seemed farly linear to me, how come Excel can't come up with the right equation??? Thanks Jan M. Use an "XY (Scatter)" chart. When you...

Problems with a simple formula
Using Excel 2002 Can't believe this! I have a spreadsheet that totals my services; calculates the taxes and than I send it of as an invoice. I've taken up a job that involves traveling and the company pays fuel expenses at 14% of my total daily invoiced amount. I'm attempting to add this amount to my invoice and I can't get it to work. The formula is about as simple as you can get: this is what I have been trying. =sum(.14*I28). I28 is the total of my invoice before I add the fuel charge. All that will show is a blank cell; no error shows at all. Interesting th...

send problem
Hello I have problems with my outlook 2002 sending. When i want to send a new mailin send/receive progress window it shows me same several send processes repeatedly .I'm using windows xp with sp1 and office xp with sp2. ...

C sharp problem
Hi i am making a web browser in c sharp i creat problem when i write something on a tab two combox it througs an expection about index 1 is out of range position plz any help me to solve my problem *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** "faisal ghulam ghulam" <faisal_ali_146@hotmail.com> skrev i meddelelsen news:eyicliCBLHA.4308@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi > i am making a web browser in c sharp i creat problem when i write > something on a tab two combox it througs an expection about index 1 i...

Free/Busy problem #3
I recently completed an upgrade to Exchange 2003. Ever since I have a couple of users with problems with their Free/Busy information. When you try to invite these people to a meeting, their availablity shows as //////. I've run /cleanfreebusy and it appears correctly for an hour or so but then it shows //// again. I'm not sure if I have corrupted Mailboxes or if I have a corrupted Free/Busy folder. Any ideas? ...

Tough problem with rotas
i have a weekly roster of 35 staff members in the following forma ................A.....................B...................C.................D...................E 1............<<merged cells - Heading>>................................................ 2....................................11th.............12th...............13th..............14th.........'text entries to show dat 3...........Name...............Friday............Saturday.......Sunday..........Monday....'text entries of the day 4...........Staff 1............10:30 - 5:00...........................12 - 11.......

Clipboard Problem with Publisher 2002 (XP)
As I am preparing a newsletter with Publisher 2002, I am trying to copy and paste from various sources. When I open the Office Clipboard I see only the first entry not the subsequent ones. Whenever I try to paste something that I have just copied anew from a txt file or PDF or doc file, the result is is the original copy. I have tried to clear the clipboard several times. It shows what should be there, but then has a mind of its own when I try to paste or special paste it into the newsletter as unformatted plain text. Does anyone have an answer to this? Thanks and happy holidays. Barry ...

journal entry edit or delete
i am using microsoft great plains 7.0 edition. can any one or microsoft can help me out for the procedure to editing or deleting a journal entry in great plains. i am encountering this problem since a long time and needs quick retrieval for the same. i would be thankful to you if you make the procedure available for me. You won't like this but your best option is to upgrade to 8.0 or 9.0. 8.0 introduced the ability to undo a posted JE while maintaining audit control. Without a 3rd party and wthout an upgrade, your best option is to enter a correcting or adjusting journal entry. If t...

Problem with open and close database
Hello Everybody, I have VC++ application which is connecting with MS-Access database through ADO connectivity. In my application source database tables are not successfully transfer to destintion database. while application is running one Error message throw "DATABASE_OPEN_ERROR" in destination database table name is not found. it works properly in debug mode.Even when i add Sleep() function it works. i want to know the reason why this database error has arrived? as sleep is not feasible solution for any big appliation. if any one has any idea then please gu...

Trendline equation not giving correct results
I was trying to form a trendline with following data : Y X 1.128 -20 1.128 -15 1.128 -10 1.128 -6 1.111 -5 1.084 0 1.056 5 1.0276 10 1 15 0.971 20 0.944 25 0.9144 30 0.884 35 0.8524 40 0.82 45 0.788 50 After plotting the chart, I added trendline (Polynominal with order 6) alongwith its equation which read as below : y = 6E-07x6 - 3E-05x5 + 0.0006x4 - 0.0057x3 + 0.0215x2 - 0.0318x + 1.1429 and R2 = 0.9998 The trendline in the chart neatly fitted over the curve. However, when I used above equation and fed in same values of X as shown above the computed results are entirley different fro...

How to edit drop down List?
In Money 2002 Deluxe to enter investment price updates manually you get a drop down list of accounts to choose from. My list includes accounts that have been deleted (not just closed, but deleted). How can this list be edited to eliminate these accounts? ...

Problems with MailMerge
I have a single Excel Workbook containing several Worksheets. I have a Word document for each Worksheet, and use MailMerge to incorporate the data from the Spreadsheet into the relativeWord document. I then created a master Word document to bring the various sections of the report together by including the various files that are the various Word documents. However when I do this the master document expects to get all MailMerge data from the same Worksheet and doesn't merge. Can I set things up such that each section of the report will get its data from a different Worksheet withi...

Seeking XML Editor for "Users"
I have a web site (for a client) where I am now using a considerable number of XML files. Previously the files were updated off-line, and FTPd to make live. I now need to allow "user editors" to edit the XML data. These users are primarily "business knowledge" experts; intelligent but not necessarily IT literate. I need to provide a simple XML editor to allow them (e.g.) to edit a simplified RDF style metadata base (actually a modified PRISM syntax). Enforced validation (e.g. against a DTD) would be beneficial. The site support asp.net, so an application "e...

VBA Editor Menu
The VBA editor menubar is gone. I don't know what I did or how I did it but how do I get it back? Did you try View>Toolbars>Edit -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Mike H." wrote: > The VBA editor menubar is gone. I don't know what I did or how I did it but > how do I get it back? Mike, I never saw this in E2003 but since moving to E2007 I see it occasionally and have never found a fix other than to close and then re-open the VB editor which restores the File|Edit etc. -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hy...

Error faced::Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There may not be a sound device installed on your computer, it may be in use by another progra
i can hear all system sounds an even hear tst sound in Realteck HD Audio Manager bt no other sound plays as in no music file an no online music.... if i open music file in windows media plyer 9 the eroor comes: Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There may not be a sound device installed on your computer, it may be in use by another program, or it may not be functioning properly. THERE is no ques mrk on ny sound,vedio and game controllers device..in device manager...bt yellow ques mrk an exclamation mrk on MODEM DEVICE O...

Printing problem from Pub2003
When I try to print to my large-format printer, my computer spools for awhile, cancels my print, then changes my page settings to multiple copies with crazy margins, such as --2348.65016! I can print to a desktop printer with no problems. I have even tried printing a simple rectangle on letter-size paper to the large-format. I am using an HP Designjet 500. Any suggestions? Thanks. I have a designjet 90r and am having a very similar problem. Have you found a resolution to your issue. "Juanita" wrote: > When I try to print to my large-format printer, my computer spools for...

some problem about datagrid and adodc
Hello,when I use mfc 7.1 (.net 2003) to create a dialog programe. I add adodc(6.0,sp5) and datagrid(6.0,sp4) control in it. then I bind sql-server database table and set the datagrid's data-field. but when i close the dialog, it give me a Assert error. I do the same things in vc 6.0,everything is ok.who can tell me why? and how to resolve it! "lxg" <lixngang@163.com> wrote in message news:unn4MhW6DHA.1632@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hello,when I use mfc 7.1 (.net 2003) to create a dialog programe. > I add adodc(6.0,sp5) and datagrid(6.0,sp4) control in it. > then I...

Sync Problems
When I open WLM and it goes through its sync routine it gets hung up on "Download marked messages from [gmail]. When I force it to stop the process I fet the following error message: Unable to send or receive messages for the Gmail (ralph9308) account. Windows Live Mail could not download the requested message. The operation was canceled by the user. Subject 'If we let it go on forever, it wouldn't be a special offer. BOOK TODAY.' Server Response: Your IMAP command could not be sent to the server, due to non-network errors. This could, for example, indicate ...

Problem Deriving From CPreviewView
I'm trying to derive from the CPreviewView class so that I can add a few drawing enhancements to the print preview. I'm copying the OnDraw code from CPreviewView into my derived class's OnDraw function as a basis for my own code: class CMyPreviewView : public CPreviewView { void OnDraw(CDC* pDC); }; void CMyPreviewView::OnDraw(CDC* pDC) { // code copied from CPreviewView } There is one problem I've run into: In the OnDraw code, there is a call made to OnPrint using a CView pointer that's a member of the CPreviewView class: in .h CView* m_pPrintView; in .cpp m_pPrin...