Entries disappear after inputting data

I have created a room Calendar with Excel...as I make entries for the
repsective days and I then hit the Enter key to input the data...it just
disappears.  This doesn't happen all the time just periodically.

This is not a template, spreadsheet from scratch.  Nothing fancy, just a
straight forward Calendar/Room spreadsheet, no formulas, etc.

Any assistance greatly appreciated,
Mel

0
Mel1 (144)

Mel,

Sometimes the font is set to the same color as the background (e.g., white
on white).  Check the formatting of the cells first.
--
http://HelpExcel.com
1-888-INGENIO

"Mel" wrote:

> I have created a room Calendar with Excel...as I make entries for the
> repsective days and I then hit the Enter key to input the data...it just
> disappears.  This doesn't happen all the time just periodically.
>
> This is not a template, spreadsheet from scratch.  Nothing fancy, just a
> straight forward Calendar/Room spreadsheet, no formulas, etc.
>
> Any assistance greatly appreciated,
> Mel

0
galimi (74)

Excel 97 - Template Wizard
I have a form which I have converted to an .xlt file using the Template Wizard. When I manually save, a box pops-up giving 2 options: 'Create New Record' and 'Continue without updating'. I wish to create a macro to save the document and chose the option 'Create New Record'. I am not sure how to do this, because when I record the macro manually there is no difference between the two save choices. Can anyone suggest a solution? Thanks, Richard ...

How do I change data labels on scatterplot
I create scatter plots using two values (salary, year of hire) that relate to particular employees. I want to label each point with the contents of a third cell (initials of the individual related to the point). I have figured out how to change the label one point at a time, but I'd like to simply relate the contents of a third column to the markers defined by two other columns. Help!! -- ahannigan The free Excel add-in "Chart Data Labels" will do that. It can also include the cell formatting in the data label and link the cell contents to the label. Download from ......

Case of the disappearing e-mail in Outlook 2003
I installed my spankin new Outlook 2003 in my desktop a couple of month ago now. Since then I have been operating pretty smoothly for quite while until Christmas day... As of Christmas day, Outlook will download emails fully from my tw different pop servers (haven't connected to the exchange network yet) Once downloaded, it reports the process fully complete, yet the email never show up anywhere. At least a good portion of the emails hav been received by outlook plenty of times before, including test email from myself (from the same account). NOTHING makes it into the inbox the junk em...

sharing data between two outlooks
On the samne computer we have three users.Info is in one outlook.JHow do I share that same info on an outlook program with a diffferent user. Do the users have separate Windows profiles? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:34e601c3fd85$90584ed0$a501280a@phx.gbl, jlwinfo wrote: > On the samne computer we have three users.Info is in one > outlook.JHow do I share that same info on an outlook > program with a diffferent user. Hi, Have...

Training on Manipulating Data in Excel
Where is a good place to get training on manipulating data in Excel? I need to learn how to take data and reformat it, clean it, validate it, flip it, turn 4 columns into 1 column etc. Thanks, Rufus Rufus: I created what I call an EXTREME Excel tutorial that may help you towards this goal. I like to think I've covered all the goodies that will help someone quickly become familiar with some of Excel's greatest, but simplest features. http://www.officearticles.com/tutorials/ The Order Form or Invoice tutorial shows how to use data validation dropdowns. ************ Anne Troy www....

Trouble Displaying a Non-Contiguous Data Range
I'm having trouble creating a chart that shows days off that individual employees are taking for a particular month. I can create an underlying data table, but I'm unable to create a chart based on the data. I'd like the chart to look something like this with days of the particular month on the Y axis and the names of the people on the X axis: Month of July 31 30 29 28 .. .. 5 .. .. 1 Sue Mary ..... Tom I'm having trouble displaying a non-contiguous data range for a particular person (x value). If Sue were to take off, for exam...

Missing Entries
Software: MS Money 2003 Deluxe. Since March 2004, entries have disappeared from various bank accounts. IE I opened a new bank account the opening deposit was in the system and I reconciled the account. I backed up the file and closed Money. This morning when I opened MS Money, the opening deposit was deleted and I was short $100. Last week, all the accounts were missing data. Any suggestions on how to fix the problem? Ruben In microsoft.public.money, Ruben wrote: >Software: MS Money 2003 Deluxe. Since March 2004, >entries have disappeared from various bank accounts. ...

Adding a Outlook calender entry from Access
I have a form on access that lets me add a calender entry into Outlook, it all works perfect however does any one know what code i need to use to send the outlook invertation to a email address Thanks SImon I have developed an Access form that looks just luke a page torn from a wall calendar. Different data can be displayed in each day of the calendar. The year and month displayed is selectable. Other features can be programmed into the calendar form. There is also a calendar report that can be printed for any month. I can implement the calendar form and calendar report into ...

Add-in tab keeps disappearing in Word 2007
Hi Word Gurus, We have just moved over from Office 2003 to Office 2007. One of our staff uses special software that works together with Word. However, the add-ins tab that normally appears with the appropriate buttons for the special software keeps coming and going! The software is loaded correctly, it appears for a while, then suddenly is no longer. Reinstalling the special software isn't helping. (However, other staff using the same special software don't have an issue). Any ideas why this might be happening or what we need to check? Kind regards JD2 To m...

PO Entry Currency
In PO entry screen, it seems like currency id is a required field and always default to z-us$. Is there any way I can make it not required because some of my vendors didn’t have currency id? Hi, You can achieve it through by modifing PO Entry form using Modify Current window, Select the properties for Currency ID field and set the Required Property as false and save the changes to the form. Then Open GP and activate the Modified form, this is one kind of way lets wait for others input on this. Regards, Shan. "Bab" wrote: > In PO entry screen, it seems like currency id ...

How to get data for whole month
Hi, I am storing transaction data for users vertically as I have shown below in table1. And now I need to get the data for whole month horizontally as I have shown below in table2. Please let me know how to write query for same ? Table1:- user Date trans a 1/1/2010 10 a 1/1/2010 10 b 1/1/2010 20 b 1/1/2010 20 a 2/1/2010 30 b 2/1/2010 40 b 4/1/2010 60 Table2:- user 1/1/2010 2/1/2010 3/1/2010 4/1/2010 5/1/2010 6/1/2010 7/1/2010 8/1/2010 9/1/2010 a 20 30 0 60 0 0 0 0 0 b 40 40 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 I want data for wh...

Importing Data #2
I have a workbook with 2 worksheets. One is a cover sheet with a variety of VLOOKUP's that reference the second sheet, which is the data collected. I am constantly getting new data in from outside sources, but luckily its in a CVS file that is always the same. What I need to do is create a VB / macro that automatically goes into the folder on my D: drive that contains the received data forms and Imports the data onto the 2nd sheet. The data is always the same format, and always in a plain CSV so it imports really easily, its just the volume that kills me. I also need it to keep the ...

Investments Disappearing
Hello, Money 2004 Standard I have been investing for about 6 months now mostly consisting of stocks. Naturally, I have a lot of stocks I no longer own. The problem I am having is that older investments are no longer showing in the 'Your Portfolio' page. I have the option checked to show closed positions. In fact, many of my sold stocks are there. There are a few, however, that are not. I figured that something may have happened to my file and the transactions were lost, but when I went to the individual account's page and the cash account page, all transactions are there. ...

same data
Hello, I'm using a CList in order to hold structure into a list. When I need to read the very next node (next structure within the list) I see pointer value changes but l I still see same information in previous node or stucture. Any suggestions? Thanks, Smith ...

Excel Menu Bar Disappears after Powerpoint Use
Excel is open Using PowerPoint slide w/ embedded excel spreadsheet in it Launch spreadsheet from PowerPoint by double-clicking Switch back to Excel Menu Bar and Taskbars have disappeared, can't find any "Close Full Screen" floating menu option. What is the trick to restore the "normal" Excel view? ...

data entry form #6
I have a template with drop down fields and other data validation. What I need now is when this form is used, to write the selections and other information inputed to a excel data list. How do I do this? -- Tess ...

chart data #2
I have a spreadsheet set up that updates the information every month over a 12 month period. The data i have for example is Actual Profile Jan 77723 77723 Feb 75319 67582 Mar 72047 73469 Apr 69557 81048 May 76672 88563 Jun 65068 77750 Jul 63819 79528 Aug 71079 90357 Sep 65793 85348 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Obviously i have not received the data for the last three months yet but i need to keep the formulas in to automatically update the information. I want to select all of the information in this area but not show zeros on my chart. This chart will then update every month as the...

Why do Inbox msgs disappear on "Forward"
Feel like I'm missing something here but I've been through the Outlook 2000 Help files and all the menu options and can't find a switch that would cause my "Forwarded" messages to disappear on Send. Would appreciate any advice on what could be causing this. Recently, Outlook started dumping each message from my Inbox after it is "Forwarded". I've used Office for years and never had this happen before. The dumped message is not in the Deleted folder. Any ideas? It's OL 2000, SP3 running under Win2000 Pro. Sorry for the second post on same subject....

Subform1 disappears when tab to subform2
I have a form with 5 subforms nested inside each other. I am getting it to tab from subform1 to subform 2, but when it does, the 2 controls on subform1 disappear to the user and subform2 is moved up (probably hiding subform1). Right now, I don't have any other code affecting it. I tried adding an unbound text box to subform1 as suggested in several posts and adding to the Got Focus event: Parent!subform2.SetFocus Parent!subform2.Control.SetFocus But I kept getting an error that said that the system couldn't find a "field" with my subform2 name - which I doub...

How do I sort the charted data columns
I have created a spreadsheet and related charts in Excel 2002. The Charts created fine, but I can not figure out how to sort the data columns in the chart from highest to lowest. How can I sort the chart columns? When I select rows in the spreadsheet the SORT button in the DATA menu is grayed out. Any assistance would be appreciated. HLC Is the worksheet protected? To unprotect, choose Tools>Protection>Unprotect Sheet Are two or more sheets selected? If so, the word [Group] would appear in the Title Bar at the top of the Excel window. To ungroup, right-click on a sheet ta...

Auto entry on cell entry
into I have a column of cells I want to enter the current date everytime I click in the cell. How do I do this? Assume col. "B" is concerned and you will compromise with a double-Click - try the following Event-Macro typed into the sheets level: ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean) If Target.Column = 2 Then Target = Date End Sub --------------- Micky "Tony" wrote: > into I have a column of cells I want to enter the current d...

Data Validation 05-08-10
I’m doing data validation on a group of cells. At the moment all the names of the employees appear on the drop down list for those cells, but what I need is to compare those names to a day-off list where the people who are off on that day appear. If their names appear on the day-off list then they should not appear on my data validation cells. In other words I have colA-colG with the names of the week, Mon-Sun. I have 30 rows. The first 15 rows are for my data validation and they are drop downs of the people who are working on that day. The source for those rows comes from a ...

Random replacement of data in a cell with a #####
I've opened up some saved spread sheets and a few random cells display ##### instead of the data that was entered. When placing the cursor over the cell the correct data shows in a balloon. Deleting the ###### and attempting to replace the data doesn't work, the ###### just reappears. How can I fix this???? HI Just widen the columns where the #####'s appear -- Regards Roger Govier "hondo" <hondo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C9B1E7C4-3B96-4FED-81E3-38D0DFEB9230@microsoft.com... > I've opened up some saved spread she...

OLE DB error getting data from CRM db in onChange event
I'm trying to use the code below (in the onChange event of a picklist) to get some values from the CRM database so that, when the user selects a value from a picklist (here called "new_enduserid") I can get some associated values from some other tables and populate dependent text boxes etc. on the form. I'm getting an error "Multiple step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was done." var oDataValue = crmForm.all.new_enduserid.DataValue; /* This alert displays correctly */ alert(oDataValue[0].id); var connec...

How to hide blank rows after data whilst leaving some blanks.
I have a worksheet which has data pulled through of various lenghts. I know how to hide all blank rows so i can reduce the print range, but on this sheet the data is in every third row down. How can I hide blank rows after the last entry, but not hide the blank rows between the data? ...