Entering hour minute only 'now' in Excel (without day/date)

How to change Time now function to give only Hour/minute time 'now' in Excel
0
ian (162)

Hi
just format the cell with the custom format
hh:mm

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
"Ian" <Ian@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> How to change Time now function to give only Hour/minute time 'now' in
> Excel

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Year to Date subquery
HI I would like assistance with creating a year to date subquery. I tried to copy the MS help example but still can't get the query to run. I have the following: Table name Orders Field Names- [ID] ( system generated primary key) , [OrdersDate], [Quantity], [UnitPrice] Query SQL - SELECT Year([Orders].[OrderDate]) AS TheYear, Month([Orders].[OrderDate]) AS TheMonth, Sum([Orders].[Quantity]*[Orders].[UnitPrice]) AS MonthAmount, (SELECT Sum(dupe.Quantity * dupe.UnitPrice) AS YTD FROM Orders AS A INNER JOIN [Orders] AS dupe ON orde...

Spelling takes about 3 minutes to pass any single word check
Hi there, I am using MS Outlook 2000. The Spelling tool takes about 3-5 minutes to pass a single word check. This problem happens when the email has attachment. Any idea would be appreciated, Ross ...

import address to excel
Processor: Intel I want to import my yahoo mail contacts to an excel spread sheet so that I can print address labels. How do I do this? When I tried, I could only do csv file and this would not translate properly to excel. If it is a correct CSV file, Excel will open it straight up. Save it as an Excel workbook before you try to use it. To help you more, you need to tell us -- in great detail, what you are using and what you mean by "properly". We need the three digits of your software version for both Apple OS X and Excel, otherwise we can't help you. You get ...

Why is Actual Work updated when entering time into Work Field?
We're using MS Project 2007 and seeing that sometimes when time is entered into the Work field for a task, that task's Actual Work is updated to the same value entered in the Work field. This happens to multiple resources, but only on some of their tasks and not on others. For example, for the weeks of 1/24 and 1/31, whatever hours I schedule (enter in the "work" cell in the Resource Usage View) for a given task also appears in the "actual" cell. The tasks are setup up differently. Some are Fixed Work, some are Fixed Duration. I believe all have the e...

Excel, horizontal scroll bar and sheets not accessable anymore
I'm using Excel 2000 on Windows XP. After several years use for book keeping the horizontal scroll bar and the numbered sheet tabs have disappeared. Once after re-starting the computer they reappeared but that no longer works. Under Tools, Options, the boxes for show scroll bar and sheets are ticked. Hi does this happen only for one single file or for all Excel files? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Cassandra wrote: > I'm using Excel 2000 on Windows XP. After several years use for book > keeping the horizontal scroll bar and the numbered sheet tabs have > disa...

copying from Word to Excel
I am trying to copy a line of data from a Word document into an Excel cell. When doing so it is configured incorrectly. In the box where normally you would find the cell address such as B58, it says OLE-LINK2 and I can't seem to remove it. Does anyone know what this is? Hi if you don't need a link just copy the data in Word and insert it with 'Edit - Paste special' (and choose something like 'Text only') -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "ann" <ann@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0F296D6C-CAB1-4A41-8E96-89EB94E4C53C...

Launching Excel
Hi Until recently clicking an excel file has caused Excel to launch and the file to be displayed. Now, Excel launches, but the file does not. You have to find the file by the file menu. How do I get the previous functionality back? Thanks Orion Ado First try the standard fix(es)......Tools>Options>General uncheck "ignore other applications" OR Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes and note the space before the / mark). You may have to enter your full path to excel.exe....in that case surround with quotes as in..... "C:\mypath\to Excel\somewher...

Chase checking 1 day late
The Money update for Chase checking is always 1 day behind the online banking. Chase credit cards are same day. This makes Money somewhat useless as I have to go online to check daily balances and activity. Any solutions? Contact Chase. Most likely they are updating their OFX server after (1 day) they update their website. Money (Microsoft) has no control over when (or how often) a bank updates. -Mark "John Barnes" <jbfoofy@nomail.email.com> wrote in message news:uO3NzhQ9JHA.3836@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > The Money update for Chase checking is always 1 day be...

how can I creat venn diagram using Excel?
I want to analysis data using excel. my idea is to find tht overlaping between different groups. How can I find the overlaping among differnt groups using Excel? I think Venn diagram will do such job but how to do that with Excel. thanks Consider simulating a Venn diagram with a Bubble chart. You will have to devise a scheme to specify the location (X,Y coordinates) and the size of each bubble to get the desired effect. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <00499137-A889-4ABB...

Excel 2003 spreadsheet. I enter the any number and it is entered.
If I enter a number into a cell it is put in like a decimal. For example, if I enter 10 it is put in as .1 500 is entered as a 5 Thank you Mary Mary, Goto Tools>Options and on the Edit tab you should see The Fixed Decimal Places box checked. Uncheck it. -- HTH RP "maryu" <maryu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65C0E0FB-43F3-4F34-8A86-FBA3F02EC9B1@microsoft.com... > If I enter a number into a cell it is put in like a decimal. For example, if > I enter 10 it is put in as .1 500 is entered as a 5 > Thank you > Mary ...

To stop Excel from opening many workbooks at startup
Excel opens many workbooks on its own, whenever I invoke Excel for the first time. How can this be stopped, so that Excel opens with "Book1" Regards, -- Manager, International Private Banking, International Banking Group, ICICI Bank East Wing 8th floor South, ICICI Towers, Bandra Kurla Complex, Mumbai India 400051 You could have tons of files in your XLStart folder or you could be telling excel to open all the files in another folder. Tools|options|General Tab "at startup, open all files in:" <xl2002+ wording> "Alternate Startup File location" &...

ASP.NET & Excel Rpt
Hello there, We've currently got a reporting module built in VB6 that creates reports directly in MS Excel format by directly opening the excel application ,then creating line by line of data and charting, all with vb calls. This works well but of course required Excel to be installed on the machine. We're now going to turn this into a web application, and are hoping to simply change the interface and call all of the same code which will be placed in a DLL. My question is, does anyone know of any potential issues with installing MS Excel on an ASP web server? Is th...

Filter records by date in subform by date entered in mainform.
Hello, I've spent 3 days trying to understand what I'm doing wrong.....Here is the summary of my problem. I have a form named 'frm_EfficiencyStats' and a subform within the form named 'qry_Total hours subform' (the subform is based on a query). The form contains a text box (for date) which is bound to a table 'tbl_EfficiencyStats'. I would like to be able to enter a date in the text box on my form, and display the records in the subform based on the date I entered in the text box. The subform will only pull records from my table based on the date. Here are th...

Excel 2003 - VBA
Hi Guys: I'm drawing a blank and need some help. I have a table with row 3 containing sheet names (currently pointing at 106 sheets). In rows 4-250 I want to put formulas that will look for something (located in Column B) in each of the sheets named in row 3. The first cell in the target sheet contains the last row with valid data. Example: Cell "D3" = P02-05 Cell "B5" = 123456789IBM In cell "D5" I want to generate a formula that will look in sheet P02-05, search for the contents of "B5" throughout the sheet and return the Value in colum...

Display Worksheet in Excel File
I want to Display the worksheet name on the Excel Spreadsheet itself. ie. On Worksheet1, Cell A1 = Worksheet1 How do I do this without having C:\Desktop\Book1.xls\Worksheet1?? "Rowf" <Rowf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D5E8504E-FE17-4DBF-B7C8-DD65C102383B@microsoft.com... > I want to Display the worksheet name on the Excel Spreadsheet itself. > > ie. On Worksheet1, Cell A1 = Worksheet1 > > How do I do this without having C:\Desktop\Book1.xls\Worksheet1?? You have to make a User Defined Function. Start the Visual Basic Editor, insert a new ...

Networkdays in Excel 2000
I just got a new computer at work with Excel 2000 installed. However the networkday function isn't in the list of functions and now m formulas don't work. Has this happened with anyone else -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com It is included in the analysis toolpack addin. Go to the Tools Menu an select Add Ins. Then check Analysis toolpack and hit OK. It should no work. -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Beautiful!!! Thanks much stay_c http://raspberry-latte.blogspot.co -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Excel Worksheet Change Event in a nick of time
1. Enter an Excel worksheet ; To Define Name > "TagNumber" > ReferTo := D2. 2. Intention ; After TagNumber is updated (in a Change Event), the focus would move to the adjacent cell to the right, Offset(0,1). 3. And therefore, the event procedure is devised as follows ;- Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If ActiveCell.Address = Range("TagNumber").Address Then Range("TagNumber").Offset(0, 1).Activate End If End Sub 4. However, at run-time ; As soon as Tagnumber is activated, the focus shifts to the adjacent cell to the right alrea...

how to enter simple list and sum
using excel 2002 with an xp sp2 system how would I enter a simple list of positive and negative numbers and then create a cell with the sum of these values? if the list would look like this 0.58 -1.22 1.79 -0.56 -0.92 the output would look something like 0.58 0.58 -1.22 -0.64 1.79 1.15 -0.56 0.59 -0.92 -0.33 John In B1 enter =A1 In B2 enter =B1+A2 Copy down to B5 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 16 May 2007 06:34:13 +0300, "John" <johnj@multipl.es> wrote: >using excel 2002 with an xp sp2 system >how would I enter a simple list of positive and negative...

I did not save changes in Excel and now I lost data. Go Back?
I was asked if I wanted to save changes in Excel and I said no. Now I have lost valuable data. Can I go back and get those previous changes? If you opened a workbook and made changes then said "No" to save changes, you are out of luck. Start typing<g> Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 12:34:01 -0800, "brian" <brian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I was asked if I wanted to save changes in Excel and I said no. Now I have >lost valuable data. Can I go back and get those previous changes? ...

timechart date question
Is there a way to make historical timecharts in Visio? There seems to be a limit to how far back Visio will go back? I need to chart dates 2000 - 4000 years ago and Visio seems to be limited to 1700 or 1800 onwards. Is there an option or setting to get around this? Thanks! Andrew Jones In fact, Visio is limited to Jan 1, 1900 or later. That is "0" in the date format used by Windows. You'll have to draw them "by hand"...or try to map past dates to future ones and be creative with labeling. -- Lori Pearce Longhorn SDK "Andrew Jones" <andrewmjones@hot...

Resource Units for Tasks entered in PWA differs than tasks entered in Project 2007
Hello, I have an ePM user asking why if he enters a project task in PWA does it not check the resource max units allocation the same way as when he enters a task in Project Professional. For example: You have a project where resource A is 50% allocated. When you create a task in Project Professional for this resource, the resource allocation is set to 50%. Create a task under the same project in PWA, submit and approve the task. Open project professional and view the task information for the task entered in PWA, why is the resource allocation set to 100% instead of 50% set for th...

Open Excel worksheet within PP slide
I am trying to create a slide in a PowerPoint presentation fo management featuring a stationary Excel graph and a frame within th same slide displaying the actual Excel data set that can be scrolle through in that frame. Does anyone know what VBA code I could use t display a worksheet data set in the slide itself? There is a lot o data, necessitating the need for a scroll bar in the frame. Linking th Excel data into the slide by conventional methods will not work becaus there is so much data it would not fit on the slide. I just need small frame above the graph in which the Excel data can be...

Enter formula by code.
Hi All can anyone help. I cant seem to get this to work. I keep getting run time error 1004 application or object defined error. Public Sub TLIdentify() finalrow = Worksheets("INV Bookings").Range("B65536").End(xlUp).Row Worksheets("INV Bookings").Range("AV26:AV" & finalrow).FormulaR1C1 = "=IF(OR(RC[-38]>0,RC[-32]>0,RC[-26]>0,RC[-20]>0,RC[-14]>0,RC[-8]>0,RC[-2]>0),VLOOKUP(RC4,'Team Summary'!R4C3:R16C4,2,0),"")" End Sub -- Regards and Thanks for any assistance. Francis Brown...

autofilled on excel
How do you get autofill to work. I'm following the directions and nothing is happening!!! Hi Susan, What is in the initial cell< and are you filling down or across? Regards - Dave. Oops, ignore the < thingie. ...

Excel combobox question #2
I have a worksheet (which is created from a template) which has several comboboxes on it, and when you open the boxes there is data. However, I do not see any code behind it - I right click on it and I get what looks like regular choices e.g. copy,paste. They are all named ranges. Do anyone have any idea what these are and how to get access to the data and/or the code? Thanks. It sounds it was created using Data|Validation. If you click on the cell and the use Data|validation, does it look like that dialog is filled out? If yes, then here's a link to Debra Dalgleish course: http://www....