Entering Data Into Text Boxes and Worksheet Protection

I'm wondering if there's a way to enter data into a text box once a
worksheet has been protected.  Currently, once the sheet is protected,
there's no way to enter data into a text box.

Any thoughts appreciated.  Thanks.
Stephan
0
Skihde (2)

There are two different textboxes--one from the drawing toolbar and one from the
control toolbox toolbar.

But you can rightclick on each and choose:
format control (or Format CheckBox
There's a tab call protection.
Each has a Lock option.  (the drawing toolbar has Locked and Lock Text)

After I unchecked each of them, I could use them (when I protected the
worksheet).

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

0
nospam3458 (35)
9/17/2003 12:01:29 PM
Wow Dave, thanks a million--I missed the format part for text boxes--I
kept only getting "Font," but when I right-clicked on the fully shaded
box, I got the whole menu.  Thanks.

Dave Peterson <ec35720@msn.com> wrote in message news:<3F67BCDE.F8A7E498@msn.com>...
> There are two different textboxes--one from the drawing toolbar and one from the
> control toolbox toolbar.
>
> But you can rightclick on each and choose:
> format control (or Format CheckBox
> There's a tab call protection.
> Each has a Lock option.  (the drawing toolbar has Locked and Lock Text)
>
> After I unchecked each of them, I could use them (when I protected the
> worksheet).
>
> Skihde wrote:
> >
> > I'm wondering if there's a way to enter data into a text box once a
> > worksheet has been protected.  Currently, once the sheet is protected,
> > there's no way to enter data into a text box.
> >
> > Any thoughts appreciated.  Thanks.
> > Stephan
0
Skihde (2)

data sort box too big-can it be formatted
Excel 2007? Sort Dialog box can be reduced to about 3 inch by 6 inch at smallest. Use sizing arrows to bring down to that size. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 2 Jun 2009 09:27:01 -0700, Clee <Clee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: can it be formatted to stay the smaller size? I keep having to reduce it and it is annoying "Gord Dibben" wrote: > Excel 2007? > > Sort Dialog box can be reduced to about 3 inch by 6 inch at smallest. > > Use sizing arrows to bring down to that size. > > > Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP > > On Tue, 2 Jun ...

search box
when I type any information in to the search box, a message comes back saying can not find this info?? That's on every thing I type in. "Fred" <Fred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04AB51B0-9AC7-4632-AB73-B9D315284594@microsoft.com... > when I type any information in to the search box, a message comes back > saying > can not find this info?? That's on every thing I type in. Which "search box" are you using, and what type of information are you seeking? -- Regards Steve. MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK. http://www.ge...

data sort #2
is there an easy way to sort data a-z ignoring space, comma etc Steve -- stevebicks ------------------------------------------------------------------------ stevebicks's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=4800 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=516673 Hi Steve, Create a helper column and subsume the characters you don't want. Excel has a nesting level of 7 for worksheet functions. =SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(A1,",","")," ","") and use the fill handle to copy the formul...

Change chart type in single data series, Excel 2007
I can't get it to change the chart type on a single data series in the new Excel 2007. The "change chart type" is grayed out. Thank you, What kind of chart is it? If it's a 3D chart, you can't change only one series. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "momof3" <momof3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F78063A1-DB29-4081-B909-BDA99F2DEBFD@microsoft.com... >I can't get it to change the chart type on a single data series ...

Why is Actual Work updated when entering time into Work Field?
We're using MS Project 2007 and seeing that sometimes when time is entered into the Work field for a task, that task's Actual Work is updated to the same value entered in the Work field. This happens to multiple resources, but only on some of their tasks and not on others. For example, for the weeks of 1/24 and 1/31, whatever hours I schedule (enter in the "work" cell in the Resource Usage View) for a given task also appears in the "actual" cell. The tasks are setup up differently. Some are Fixed Work, some are Fixed Duration. I believe all have the e...

Consistent colours between worksheet charts?
I have two pie charts, one for last fiscal year and one for this fiscal year to-date. I haven't figured out how to get consistent colours between the two, if that is even possible. i.e., Office Supplies for last year show up as navy blue but this year as dark brown. Contracts, long-form show up last year as a light yellow and this year as a dark pink. Is there a way to have any chart we make have the same colours, even if it means manually assigning a colour per category? Thanks! :oD On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 16:31:57 -0400, StargateFanNotAtHome <IDon'tAcceptSpam@NoJunkMail.com>...

Merge Worksheets #2
How do you merge worksheets within the same workbook? What do you mean by merge? ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Douglas McDonald" <DouglasMcDonald@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E089374E-B438-4EA1-AF96-AEA0D9BCB15C@microsoft.com... > How do you merge worksheets within the same workbook? I have the same "Header Infomation" on each tab of my workbook, I would like to put all of the information on each tab on one tab,within the same workbook, or new workbook. "Anne Troy" wrote: > What do you mean by merge? >...

Back up and moving data
How do I back up or move my data to my pen drive to see it in my laptop In Quicksell was as easy as copying and paste .mdb Sorry just moving to RMS JAL, More difficult with SQL. SO Admin | File | Connect | Database | Backup or SO Manager | Utilities | Backup Database You will then need to restore the database to your laptop. SO Admin | File | Connect | Database | Delete | Database | Create | Select your backup file from the device. -- * "JAL" <toto@telcel.net.ve> wrote in message news:eV5DRTL9FHA.3492@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... How do I back up or move my data to my...

Access my Money data on the Web
I want to synchronize my money data with MSN money but apparently the option "Access my Money data on the Web" is not available in the Int. English version. What's the alternative here? It's available when you use http://moneycentral.msn.com/home.asp in the investing>portfolio screen. On that page file>export has an option to export to Microsoft money. If you haven't been using this web there may be some initialization procedure but I've been using it for so many years (all the way back to Win95) I don't remember what may be required. Frank "Raf&q...

Eliminate References and Keep Data
Hi, I have 55 workbooks that are filled with formulas that take data from other workbooks. I would like to get rid of the formulas, but keep the data. I would like all compiled workbooks to have any references eliminated. How can this be done? Thanks, Reed Reed. Select the cells, Copy. Now paste-special right over the original cells with Edit (or right-click) - Paste special - Values. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Reed" <oscar49337@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:egaVeRx$EHA.2552@TK2MS...

How do I set up Data entry to match My Application Form
I have a specific Application Form that I must fill out by hand at each interview. I have created the form in Excel to allow me to type the info into the appropriate fields. This however labor intensive and it is easy to make a mistake that may change a different field. Can I create separate listing or database (similar to the mail merge concept) that will just drop the info into the proper cells on the form with out me touching the form itself? You could create an Input sheet. I'd name it Input <bg>. Then in column A, put a nice description. In column B, put your entry: ...

Row Height Adds Blank Space at End of Text
Hi, We have a spreadsheet where the row height is automatically expanded to add extra, blank space at the end of the cells. We manually adjust the row height, save, close, and when we re-open, the space is back. There are no extraneous returns in the cells. Anyone know how to fix this? Auto Fit does not work. Thanks ...

Excel 2003 spreadsheet. I enter the any number and it is entered.
If I enter a number into a cell it is put in like a decimal. For example, if I enter 10 it is put in as .1 500 is entered as a 5 Thank you Mary Mary, Goto Tools>Options and on the Edit tab you should see The Fixed Decimal Places box checked. Uncheck it. -- HTH RP "maryu" <maryu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65C0E0FB-43F3-4F34-8A86-FBA3F02EC9B1@microsoft.com... > If I enter a number into a cell it is put in like a decimal. For example, if > I enter 10 it is put in as .1 500 is entered as a 5 > Thank you > Mary ...

transferring outlook data #2
When transferring calendar outlook data, the start and stop times are exactly 3 hrs earlier. Both computers have 2002 ver. 10.0. A little help on how to correct this would be appreciated. Thanks Mitchell J <bamisky@aol.com> wrote: > When transferring calendar outlook data, the start and > stop times are exactly 3 hrs earlier. Both computers > have 2002 ver. 10.0. Sounds like a time zone conflict between the Calendar and Windows. -- Brian Tillman ...

Data Table in Clustered Column Charts
I have created a pivot table with these data: Count of User Year Unit 2006 Grand Total A 10 10 B 8 8 C 7 7 Grand Total 25 25 After that I created a Clustered Column Chart, and I am able to create a data table with the values as shown from the table. I would like to include another set of data as follow: Unit percentage A 1.27% B 10.39% C 70.00% Is there any way that I can include these data (which is in the same excel screen) in the same graph? ...

Filter records by date in subform by date entered in mainform.
Hello, I've spent 3 days trying to understand what I'm doing wrong.....Here is the summary of my problem. I have a form named 'frm_EfficiencyStats' and a subform within the form named 'qry_Total hours subform' (the subform is based on a query). The form contains a text box (for date) which is bound to a table 'tbl_EfficiencyStats'. I would like to be able to enter a date in the text box on my form, and display the records in the subform based on the date I entered in the text box. The subform will only pull records from my table based on the date. Here are th...

Dependent List
I have three dependent lists. The lists are working just fine. List 1 List 2 List 3 If, after selecting an item in each list, you go back and change and item, the dependent lists do not update. Also, if you delete a selected item, the other lists do not update. I used =INDIRECT(SUBSTITUTE(D2," ","")) Any suggestions? thanks. Hi Toni, Here is a good site for dependant drop downs. http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html I think I understand what you are shooting at. You select Fruit from 1, and Apples from 2 and Granny Smith from 3. Now you se...

Data Synchronization at multiple locations
Hi! One of our customer demands a scenario where he requires distributed architecture with multiple databases and IIS on which to deploy MSCRM now databases will be one central database with all the records and two localized databases with records of their cities only (Something like putlook client - server case where sales user has his own data while server contains everyone's data ) Is their some kind of data synchronization available or should we go for DTS kind of applications Regards Pritpal Singh ...even a "mirrored" office holding the "same" data.. - Can ...

replace data w/ new data
I have a text file that I opened in excel and need to replace some of the data with new data. I cannot use the find/replace all function because the old data is not in a consistent list form. The data I need to replace is in column F. But there is also other info in the same column that I don't want to lose. Old Data: MAN GM 1.07305E+17 CP 1Z7812X90312160167~ New Data: 1Z67X81F0345554229~ It's very hard for me to explain...but I have hundreds of these that I need to replace the invalid tracking numbers with the valid ones. Thanks, -- Tawny Galvin VAS Entertainment Excel...

Signature and text format query
I have created a signature which inserts automatically when I click New, Reply or Forward in Outlook. But when right clicking a file and selecting Send To, Mail Recipient it opens a new untitled message in Plain Text with a signature/footnote ("The message is ready to be sent...). How can I have that message open up in HTML format instead? Also, how can I set it up so that my own signature that I have created automatically appears when the untitled message opens up (instead of having to insert it manually afterwards)? The same question applies when I have an open file (eg: ...

J Walks
Good evening all, I have created charts using JW's 'Chart From Combo Box' in chapter 15 from his Excel 2000 functions CD. This has worked great, being able to choose the required chart from the drop-down list, which I have adapted. However, the 'chart titles' do not change to the appropriate value when I choose the suitable chart, but remain the same throughout my choices, eg every chart title is called 'March', when in fact I am looking at a chart produced for February. I have tried naming the title in Options/Chart Title, but still all charts remain with the sa...

Query Data With....
I hv this table Cust ID A 123-45 B 123344 C 1-2-45 D 1 2227 Q, How to find cust ID with - only or those with spaces Thanks "zyus" <zyus@discussions.microsoft.com> д���ʼ� news:387CB40E-B52D-4FCD-AC66-F5014EBBA57E@microsoft.com... > I hv this table > > Cust ID > A 123-45 > B 123344 > C 1-2-45 > D 1 2227 > > Q, > > How to find cust ID with - only or those with spaces > > Thanks select * from tablename where id like '%-%' Tried...but failed.. "wang...

Excel Worksheet Change Event in a nick of time
1. Enter an Excel worksheet ; To Define Name > "TagNumber" > ReferTo := D2. 2. Intention ; After TagNumber is updated (in a Change Event), the focus would move to the adjacent cell to the right, Offset(0,1). 3. And therefore, the event procedure is devised as follows ;- Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If ActiveCell.Address = Range("TagNumber").Address Then Range("TagNumber").Offset(0, 1).Activate End If End Sub 4. However, at run-time ; As soon as Tagnumber is activated, the focus shifts to the adjacent cell to the right alrea...

Can't install back up data on Microsoft Money 2001after crash
My computer crashed last week. I have reinstalled my Microsoft Money 2001 software. I have the back up data on two floppies. But I cannot get the back up data to transfer to the Microsoft Money 2001 program. I get the back up data to my C drive but no further. I have read the "Getting the Most from Microsoft Money 2001" and I followed the instructions carefully, but the instructions seem to be only for restoring the data to the hard drive, not to the Microsoft Money 2001 program. HELP! What are you doing? File|Restore in Money? If the backup was made by Money, what'...

how to enter simple list and sum
using excel 2002 with an xp sp2 system how would I enter a simple list of positive and negative numbers and then create a cell with the sum of these values? if the list would look like this 0.58 -1.22 1.79 -0.56 -0.92 the output would look something like 0.58 0.58 -1.22 -0.64 1.79 1.15 -0.56 0.59 -0.92 -0.33 John In B1 enter =A1 In B2 enter =B1+A2 Copy down to B5 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 16 May 2007 06:34:13 +0300, "John" <johnj@multipl.es> wrote: >using excel 2002 with an xp sp2 system >how would I enter a simple list of positive and negative...