Entering a Time into EXCEL #2

When I enter a time in that is PM it enters it in in military time. How
can i just get regular time or am i just going to have to adjust to
this.

Format, cells, time, and pick the format you like

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2000 & 97
"hpman247" <hpman247.vqdc0@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> When I enter a time in that is PM it enters it in in military time. How
> can i just get regular time or am i just going to have to adjust to
> this.

newspab (272)
10/23/2003 2:39:13 AM
If the cell is not pre-formatted, entering "1:00 PM" in Excel XP results
in an AM/PM format, not military time.  Regardless, the value stored for
a time value does not depend on the particular time format selected, so
you can always reformat to the desired format.

Jerry

hpman247 wrote:

> When I enter a time in that is PM it enters it in in military time. How
> can i just get regular time or am i just going to have to adjust to
> this.

0
post_a_reply (1395)

unable to send email #2
I keep getting the below message when I email someone. Sometimes it corrects itself and sends but mostly it does not send. using Outlook 2002 Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipents, Subject: (Subject Header) Sent: (Date Sent) The following recipents(s) could not be reached: (Recipent) on (date and time) 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1) I have the exact same problem ...

Chart of Times
I am working with a simple data set comprised of two columns and 24 rows. In column ("A"), I have the numbers 1-24. In column B, I have these random times: 4:57 5:16 2:17 1:20 1:11 1:21 1:19 1:11 1:37 2:56 3:29 4:09 5:59 5:23 5:22 3:59 4:04 1:51 2:06 2:16 2:08 1:28 1:24 1:24 The chart I would like to make would have the numbers 1-24 on the X- axis and the times listed above on the Y-axis. Ideally, this would be a column chart. My Issue: The times listed in column ("B") are formatted as time. When the chart is created the X-axis an...

import address to excel
Processor: Intel I want to import my yahoo mail contacts to an excel spread sheet so that I can print address labels. How do I do this? When I tried, I could only do csv file and this would not translate properly to excel. If it is a correct CSV file, Excel will open it straight up. Save it as an Excel workbook before you try to use it. To help you more, you need to tell us -- in great detail, what you are using and what you mean by "properly". We need the three digits of your software version for both Apple OS X and Excel, otherwise we can't help you. You get ...

Excel, horizontal scroll bar and sheets not accessable anymore
I'm using Excel 2000 on Windows XP. After several years use for book keeping the horizontal scroll bar and the numbered sheet tabs have disappeared. Once after re-starting the computer they reappeared but that no longer works. Under Tools, Options, the boxes for show scroll bar and sheets are ticked. Hi does this happen only for one single file or for all Excel files? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Cassandra wrote: > I'm using Excel 2000 on Windows XP. After several years use for book > keeping the horizontal scroll bar and the numbered sheet tabs have > disa...

Why is Actual Work updated when entering time into Work Field?
We're using MS Project 2007 and seeing that sometimes when time is entered into the Work field for a task, that task's Actual Work is updated to the same value entered in the Work field. This happens to multiple resources, but only on some of their tasks and not on others. For example, for the weeks of 1/24 and 1/31, whatever hours I schedule (enter in the "work" cell in the Resource Usage View) for a given task also appears in the "actual" cell. The tasks are setup up differently. Some are Fixed Work, some are Fixed Duration. I believe all have the e...

copying from Word to Excel
I am trying to copy a line of data from a Word document into an Excel cell. When doing so it is configured incorrectly. In the box where normally you would find the cell address such as B58, it says OLE-LINK2 and I can't seem to remove it. Does anyone know what this is? Hi if you don't need a link just copy the data in Word and insert it with 'Edit - Paste special' (and choose something like 'Text only') -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "ann" <ann@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0F296D6C-CAB1-4A41-8E96-89EB94E4C53C...

Office 2004 upgrade #2
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3189969698_43795 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit I just upgraded to Office 2004 from Office X. Using the install CD is found my old info and that worked fine. I also asked it to delete old versions of office. I came up with Office X. It moved everything to the trash and asked me to just empty the trash. I did, but now I am getting errors in the trash telling me that the operation cannot ...

Email Formatting #2
One of the users in my small office has problems with the email formatting in Outlook 2003. Since we installed it about 3 months ago, it has added question marks where there had been none, it removes apostrophes, and adds in extra spaces. If she forwards the same message to someone else in our office, the formatting looks fine. What she has in her sent box looks fine. It only seems to be on the recieving end that there is a problem. You can see it when the person replies and includes the originial message. Does anyone have any suggestions it sounds like font substitution proble...

Launching Excel
Hi Until recently clicking an excel file has caused Excel to launch and the file to be displayed. Now, Excel launches, but the file does not. You have to find the file by the file menu. How do I get the previous functionality back? Thanks Orion Ado First try the standard fix(es)......Tools>Options>General uncheck "ignore other applications" OR Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes and note the space before the / mark). You may have to enter your full path to excel.exe....in that case surround with quotes as in..... "C:\mypath\to Excel\somewher...

run time error; can not write to object
in 07 have form w/ onclick event of main form that opens a new form then having text in an unbound control of main form written into a text box on this new form run time error; can not write to object seems be triggered because the new form is opening with no records. the new form is in Date Entry property yes and when I manually open it - it opens to a new blank record....but when opening via the onclick docmd...it opens with no record... am perplexed... GBA wrote: > in 07 have form w/ onclick event of main form that opens a new form > > then having text in ...

To stop Excel from opening many workbooks at startup
Excel opens many workbooks on its own, whenever I invoke Excel for the first time. How can this be stopped, so that Excel opens with "Book1" Regards, -- Manager, International Private Banking, International Banking Group, ICICI Bank East Wing 8th floor South, ICICI Towers, Bandra Kurla Complex, Mumbai India 400051 You could have tons of files in your XLStart folder or you could be telling excel to open all the files in another folder. Tools|options|General Tab "at startup, open all files in:" <xl2002+ wording> "Alternate Startup File location" &...

ASP.NET & Excel Rpt
Hello there, We've currently got a reporting module built in VB6 that creates reports directly in MS Excel format by directly opening the excel application ,then creating line by line of data and charting, all with vb calls. This works well but of course required Excel to be installed on the machine. We're now going to turn this into a web application, and are hoping to simply change the interface and call all of the same code which will be placed in a DLL. My question is, does anyone know of any potential issues with installing MS Excel on an ASP web server? Is th...

Emails Receiving time in Inbox Differs
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Email Client: pop Hi, <br><br>I wonder if anyone can help me with this. I realised that my incoming mails received in the in the Inbox, the time received is different from actual time received. Meaning, the timing in the inbox shows the time that I download the emails. IS there a way to resolve this? ...

Excel 2003 spreadsheet. I enter the any number and it is entered.
If I enter a number into a cell it is put in like a decimal. For example, if I enter 10 it is put in as .1 500 is entered as a 5 Thank you Mary Mary, Goto Tools>Options and on the Edit tab you should see The Fixed Decimal Places box checked. Uncheck it. -- HTH RP "maryu" <maryu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65C0E0FB-43F3-4F34-8A86-FBA3F02EC9B1@microsoft.com... > If I enter a number into a cell it is put in like a decimal. For example, if > I enter 10 it is put in as .1 500 is entered as a 5 > Thank you > Mary ...

Open a Form at a Specific Time
I would like to open a form at a specific time of the day, everyday. Please help? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Scheduled Tasks should do what you want. Steps 1. Open Control Panel 2. Look for Scheduled Tasks and double click it. 3. Click Add Scheduled Task then follow the wizard hope that helps User wrote: >I would like to open a form at a specific time of the day, everyday. > >Please help? -- spread the WORD Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/201001/1 I'm sor...

Service time billing
Can MSCRM be adapted to a service organization that primarily bills for time on an as-provided basis? When resolving a case, I see that the billable time is shown as the total of all activity time. Is this information only used when applied against a contract, or can I invoice for time or export a list of billable time with descriptions for use in Quickbooks? Also, can information, such as usernames and passwords be stored in the account record but secured from users that don't have sufficient privileges? Thank you, Rick S. The actual time is only automatically decremented from th...

Use Excel for todo lists?
Anyone use Excel for todo lists? If yes..... any add ons worth getting for that purpose? Google returns many hits for "Excel to do list" Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 <me@privacy.net> wrote in message news:vchtt05jj2a09pqdej484eu27gaq51oo2h@4ax.com... > Anyone use Excel for todo lists? > > If yes..... any add ons worth getting for that purpose? ...

Archiving Money Files #2
Hi all, Whenever I decide to archive old Money data, the process removes the correct dates, transactions, etc. from the main file... But the archived file contains all of the newer transactions as well. I thought an archived file only contained old transactions? EXAMPLE: I just archived the year 2005 from my main file. The main file now shows only transactions dated from 1-1-2006 to now. The archived file contains transactions dated from 1-1-2005 to now. Is this the way Money (I am using Mny 2004) works? In microsoft.public.money, rustyfender04 wrote: > >Whenever I decide ...

Modeless property sheet. #2
I have a modeless property sheet. Since it is modeless, I know that I need to have OK and Cancel buttons on the pages... When the operator clicks the close X box at the top right. (Or selects "Close" from the sheet's system menu.) How do I act upon that? ...

Organization Forms #2
Unable to see the "Organization Forms" library in Outlook 2003. Anybody experience this ? I've created the folder below "EForms Registry" in ESM, checked permissions but the library does not show up. Enviroment: Exchange 2003, SP1,4-Node cluster, 3 Virtual Servers, Public Folder tree on 1 Virtual Server. Any help would be appreciated ! -Mike ...

Filter records by date in subform by date entered in mainform.
Hello, I've spent 3 days trying to understand what I'm doing wrong.....Here is the summary of my problem. I have a form named 'frm_EfficiencyStats' and a subform within the form named 'qry_Total hours subform' (the subform is based on a query). The form contains a text box (for date) which is bound to a table 'tbl_EfficiencyStats'. I would like to be able to enter a date in the text box on my form, and display the records in the subform based on the date I entered in the text box. The subform will only pull records from my table based on the date. Here are th...

Excel 2003 - VBA
Hi Guys: I'm drawing a blank and need some help. I have a table with row 3 containing sheet names (currently pointing at 106 sheets). In rows 4-250 I want to put formulas that will look for something (located in Column B) in each of the sheets named in row 3. The first cell in the target sheet contains the last row with valid data. Example: Cell "D3" = P02-05 Cell "B5" = 123456789IBM In cell "D5" I want to generate a formula that will look in sheet P02-05, search for the contents of "B5" throughout the sheet and return the Value in colum...

Display Worksheet in Excel File
I want to Display the worksheet name on the Excel Spreadsheet itself. ie. On Worksheet1, Cell A1 = Worksheet1 How do I do this without having C:\Desktop\Book1.xls\Worksheet1?? "Rowf" <Rowf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D5E8504E-FE17-4DBF-B7C8-DD65C102383B@microsoft.com... > I want to Display the worksheet name on the Excel Spreadsheet itself. > > ie. On Worksheet1, Cell A1 = Worksheet1 > > How do I do this without having C:\Desktop\Book1.xls\Worksheet1?? You have to make a User Defined Function. Start the Visual Basic Editor, insert a new ...

Networkdays in Excel 2000
I just got a new computer at work with Excel 2000 installed. However the networkday function isn't in the list of functions and now m formulas don't work. Has this happened with anyone else -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com It is included in the analysis toolpack addin. Go to the Tools Menu an select Add Ins. Then check Analysis toolpack and hit OK. It should no work. -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Beautiful!!! Thanks much stay_c http://raspberry-latte.blogspot.co -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Excel Worksheet Change Event in a nick of time
1. Enter an Excel worksheet ; To Define Name > "TagNumber" > ReferTo := D2. 2. Intention ; After TagNumber is updated (in a Change Event), the focus would move to the adjacent cell to the right, Offset(0,1). 3. And therefore, the event procedure is devised as follows ;- Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If ActiveCell.Address = Range("TagNumber").Address Then Range("TagNumber").Offset(0, 1).Activate End If End Sub 4. However, at run-time ; As soon as Tagnumber is activated, the focus shifts to the adjacent cell to the right alrea...