entering a # each row adds 1 to the previous cell. Turn off?

When entering numbers in my spreadsheets each row adds another number. i.e.,
2004 becomes 2005, then 2006.  A telephone # becomes 811-6001, 6002, 6003.
How do I turn that off so when I pull the corner down to copy it stays the
same?
0
dbog (1)

You can right click and pull the corner and when you release the mouse
you'll get an option of copy cells or hold down ctrl and pull down with left
mouse

--
Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"dbog" <dbog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When entering numbers in my spreadsheets each row adds another number.
> i.e.,
> 2004 becomes 2005, then 2006.  A telephone # becomes 811-6001, 6002, 6003.
> How do I turn that off so when I pull the corner down to copy it stays the
> same?

0
terre081 (3244)

Cell format newbie query
I have a worksheet where all the cells in a column are formatted as text but there are numbers entered in the column. Changing the format of the column, or even any individual cell, to number, does not remove the triangle in the cell top left corner. What should I be doing to fix the situation? Thanks Brian Tozer Hi Brian! One quick way: Select a blank cell Copy Select the range with data in it Edit > Paste Special Add OK You'll note that this converts the format of the selected range to General -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Exc...

Add an Image Object...
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_01B5_01C6AB6A.12202F20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi,=20 I wants to add an image which is a part of my satellite assembly (means = dll) to the excel sheet on the button click of my customized toolbar.=20 I tried using AddPicture method but the first parameter is a string path = of the image file and I want to use image object. =20 How can I achieve this... Regards, -Harish=20 ------=_NextPart_000_01B5_01C6AB6A.12202F20 Content-Type: text/html; ch...

Why is Actual Work updated when entering time into Work Field?
We're using MS Project 2007 and seeing that sometimes when time is entered into the Work field for a task, that task's Actual Work is updated to the same value entered in the Work field. This happens to multiple resources, but only on some of their tasks and not on others. For example, for the weeks of 1/24 and 1/31, whatever hours I schedule (enter in the "work" cell in the Resource Usage View) for a given task also appears in the "actual" cell. The tasks are setup up differently. Some are Fixed Work, some are Fixed Duration. I believe all have the e...

Sum all rows above
I want to put into a cell the total of all numbers above that cell in that column. I want to do this without specifying specific rows. In this way, if a row were added above the total, it would be included in the total correctly. Robert Hi Robert, Try: =SUM(OFFSET(A1,,,ROW()-1,1)) HTH -- AP "Robert" <robert.crouser@gte.net> a �crit dans le message de news: 2Vk7g.1120$qo6.346@fe04.lga... >I want to put into a cell the total of all numbers above that cell in that >column. I want to do this without specifying specific rows. In this way, >if a row were ad...

Re: Add Another Exchange Server
and see this, too: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822945 "Susan" <susan@nospam.com> wrote in message news:... > with Exchange, you cannot restore a database from one server to another > server, and have it work...EVERYthing would need to be the same, even the > server name...and with Exchange 2003, you're talking about system state, IIS > metadata, and lots of other criteria...I do not really believe there IS a > "poor man"s way of accomplishing this. The best thing you could do would be > to come up with a DR plan and...

Multi-level Category Axis Fails with >100 rows of data
I'm having the same problem as posted on a few sites, one of which is below. Is there any workaround, or plan to resolve this in the current version? Any help appreciated. http://www.tech-archive.net/Archive/Excel/microsoft.public.excel.charting/2009-02/msg00281.html In my scenario, I'm building a Gantt chart style Promotional Calendar organized by brand and then promotion name. The calendar can often have more than 100 data points in larger markets. I've built a Gantt chart off of a pivot table, with some VBA code to mimic functionality you'd get from sli...

Chase checking 1 day late
The Money update for Chase checking is always 1 day behind the online banking. Chase credit cards are same day. This makes Money somewhat useless as I have to go online to check daily balances and activity. Any solutions? Contact Chase. Most likely they are updating their OFX server after (1 day) they update their website. Money (Microsoft) has no control over when (or how often) a bank updates. -Mark "John Barnes" <jbfoofy@nomail.email.com> wrote in message news:uO3NzhQ9JHA.3836@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > The Money update for Chase checking is always 1 day be...

Excel 2003 spreadsheet. I enter the any number and it is entered.
If I enter a number into a cell it is put in like a decimal. For example, if I enter 10 it is put in as .1 500 is entered as a 5 Thank you Mary Mary, Goto Tools>Options and on the Edit tab you should see The Fixed Decimal Places box checked. Uncheck it. -- HTH RP "maryu" <maryu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65C0E0FB-43F3-4F34-8A86-FBA3F02EC9B1@microsoft.com... > If I enter a number into a cell it is put in like a decimal. For example, if > I enter 10 it is put in as .1 500 is entered as a 5 > Thank you > Mary ...

Row Height Adds Blank Space at End of Text
Hi, We have a spreadsheet where the row height is automatically expanded to add extra, blank space at the end of the cells. We manually adjust the row height, save, close, and when we re-open, the space is back. There are no extraneous returns in the cells. Anyone know how to fix this? Auto Fit does not work. Thanks ...

TURN $6 INTO $15,000 IN ABOUT 30 DAYS!!!!!! [0/1]
Post Size: 8.94 kB Files: 1 Parts: 1 Split size: 500 kB Format: yEnc This message is in yEnc format. If your newsreader cannot display this message, please visit http://www.ydecode.com/ and download yEnc decoder. Description: more info on http://6eurocash.webs.com/ ...

How do I make all cells in a table the same height & width?
Is there an easy way in Publisher to take a preformatted table and change the size of cells so that all are the same height and width? Use grid guides from Arrange, layout guides or create your guides from the ruler (arrange, ruler guides). There is no easy way. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "jdmundy" <jdmundy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BBA41AD8-7933-493C-8145-C439509A545B@microsoft.com... > Is there an easy way in Publisher to take a preformatted table and change the > ...

Can't insert row
I've got two spreadsheet with identical data types and, I thought, identical formatting. One spreadsheet allows me to insert rows. When I try to insert a row in the other one I am told that Excel can not shift non-blank cells off the worksheet. I've never had a problem with this. What have I done to that spreadsheet??? TIA - Ange Hi you may have accidentically set your used range to the last row. Try re-setting the used range following the instructions on: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused and try again -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Angela Byars wr...

starting a cell with a /
Is it possible to do this? I want one of my columns to contain a directory name, which in unix starts with a forward slash. I can put a space in front of it, but I'd rather not. Thanks in advance, Hi try '/ the apostrophe won't display or print Cheers JulieD "G. Mule" <none@nev.dull> wrote in message news:q2aig012f99ms2o0sbbkckp8jlg3f88t4j@4ax.com... > Is it possible to do this? > > I want one of my columns to contain a directory name, which in unix > starts with a forward slash. > > I can put a space in front of it, but I'd rather not. ...

How do I add annotation to a graph
Exel 2003 Want to add text comments to a graph Hi Steve display the drawing toolbar (view / toolbars / drawing) choose the textbox object (or for a more exciting option, pick the love heart or smiley face!) and type the text (note, if you're using an object other than the textbox, to add text, right mouse click on the shape and choose Add Text). Cheers JulieD "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B143D6F9-68BD-47FD-A625-D4B6D30D524B@microsoft.com... > Exel 2003 > Want to add text comments to a graph Steve, Use the textbox feature...

How will the Footer div stick to bottom of screen?

Move a Column to rows
How can I move text that is in a column to rows -- soddyd ----------------------------------------------------------------------- soddydj's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2571 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39129 Try using Copy then Paste Special - Transpose HTH Phil Copy the cells in the column you want to be in a row, go to the cell yo want to paste the data and hit Edit, Paste Special and select Transpos in the tickbox. Click ok -- swedish ma ----------------------------------------------------------...

Filter records by date in subform by date entered in mainform.
Hello, I've spent 3 days trying to understand what I'm doing wrong.....Here is the summary of my problem. I have a form named 'frm_EfficiencyStats' and a subform within the form named 'qry_Total hours subform' (the subform is based on a query). The form contains a text box (for date) which is bound to a table 'tbl_EfficiencyStats'. I would like to be able to enter a date in the text box on my form, and display the records in the subform based on the date I entered in the text box. The subform will only pull records from my table based on the date. Here are th...

how to enter simple list and sum
using excel 2002 with an xp sp2 system how would I enter a simple list of positive and negative numbers and then create a cell with the sum of these values? if the list would look like this 0.58 -1.22 1.79 -0.56 -0.92 the output would look something like 0.58 0.58 -1.22 -0.64 1.79 1.15 -0.56 0.59 -0.92 -0.33 John In B1 enter =A1 In B2 enter =B1+A2 Copy down to B5 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 16 May 2007 06:34:13 +0300, "John" <johnj@multipl.es> wrote: >using excel 2002 with an xp sp2 system >how would I enter a simple list of positive and negative...

Linking Cells: Excel into Word Document
Greetings, After reading through the help files for Excel 2002, it seems to me that there is no way, except for programming, to have just a range of cells in a worksheet be linked to a Word document. Here is what I am attemping to accomplish: Using Word to create an extensive document for a database proposal. Using Excel to document the all of the required tables (since nothing has been created in Acces and I am new databases), drawing diagrams with lines and other database objects. Would like to be able to insert/link certain cells from a worksheet (which would be many inserts/links) into t...

Returning left part of cell before a character
I have a text file report that is not customizable. I import that into Excel. There is a field where relevant data ends after the colon character ":". Can someone help me with a formula I can put in column C that evaluates the corresponding cell in column B and brings back all text to the left of the colon mark? Examples: Column B freddy: 45345 sldf jeff: 45422 fdflh sam: bfd4454 In this case I want to return the characters to the left of the colon: freddy jeff sam Thanks in Advance! Alan Hi there, You can use the formula =MID(B1,1,FIND(":",B1)-1) This wi...

Microsoft Visual Studio Installer 1.1
Hi all, Where can i download the Visual Studio Installer 1.1 for Visual Studio 6? http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/aa718352.aspx The link is not work. I need to create deployement package in VS6. Many thanks!! Martin "Martin" <martin@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OJyzRz%23aKHA.5608@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > Where can i download the Visual Studio Installer 1.1 for Visual Studio 6? > http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/aa718352.aspx > The link is not work. > I need to create deployement package in VS6. It ...

Paste rows in a table
Quite often I need to copy several rows of text to several rows of a table. I copy the rows that I want to paste into the tables, highlight the rows I want to copy to and click 'paste' or 'paste special/unformatted text' or 'paste special/formatted text'. Only the first word of each sentence is copied. How can I get all the characters/sentences of each row copied into as many rows in a table? Thanks for reading, wiersma7 Try using the 'table, convert text to table' command first. At the moment you are copying all the selected text then pasting...

Convert Column to Row
I have a table: ID Price Quantitiy 1 1.00 2 I would like to convert the original table to something like this: This is a small sample of a much larger table. ID Measure Data 1 Price 1.00 1 Quantity 2 "banker123" <bradbrockman@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:4ecb0cac-74ef-4cd5-b0ec-c42813b3709e@v17g2000hsa.googlegroups.com... >I have a table: > > ID Price Quantitiy > 1 1.00 2 > > > I would like to convert the original table to something like this: > This is a small sample of a mu...

Resource Units for Tasks entered in PWA differs than tasks entered in Project 2007
Hello, I have an ePM user asking why if he enters a project task in PWA does it not check the resource max units allocation the same way as when he enters a task in Project Professional. For example: You have a project where resource A is 50% allocated. When you create a task in Project Professional for this resource, the resource allocation is set to 50%. Create a task under the same project in PWA, submit and approve the task. Open project professional and view the task information for the task entered in PWA, why is the resource allocation set to 100% instead of 50% set for th...

1 Field and 2 Criteria
I'm new to Access but very fluent in Excel so bare with me on this. What I have is a query I'm trying to create where I have a Problem Code(numeric) and a Fix Code(numberic). Each of these codes have a Long Description in a table just for these codes. However, this table has several "TABL"'s within it. To get descriptions for a Problem Code the TABL field must equal "101". To get descriptions for a Fix Code the TABL field must equal "303". This is a problem because when I write the query I have each code read out on a row but I can ...