enter text 2 cells same time 2 different sheets

I want to enter text in cell in sheet 1 and have it appear in a cell on sheet 2 also

Select both sheets, using Shift and left-click on the sheet
tabs.............then select a cell and type away........the values will
appear in the same cells on both sheets

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"jack" <crabber1@ comcast .net> wrote in message
> I want to enter text in cell in sheet 1 and have it appear in a cell on
sheet 2 also

0
croberts (1377)
2/9/2004 2:40:37 AM
Jack,

If it's the same cell (same address) in the two sheets, you can select both
sheets (use Ctrl as you click the other).  Then whatever you enter into any
cell goes into the same cell in the other selected sheet.  Don't forget to
deselect (right-click and ungroup) the other sheet before you put stuff into
a sheet that isn't supposed to go into both.

--
Earl Kiosterud

"jack" <crabber1@ comcast .net> wrote in message
> I want to enter text in cell in sheet 1 and have it appear in a cell on
sheet 2 also

0
nowhere1083 (630)
2/9/2004 2:42:10 AM
If the cells are not identical on both sheets, then you can simply link them
together.

Click in the cell in sheet2,
Enter an equal sign (=),
Now, navigate to the cell on sheet1 that has or will have the original data,
click in it and hit <Enter>,
And you're done !
--
HTH,

RD

"jack" <crabber1@ comcast .net> wrote in message
> I want to enter text in cell in sheet 1 and have it appear in a cell on
sheet 2 also

0
ragdyer1 (4060)

How to define a style to include built-in text?
I need a style that has its own text. For example, Caution_Head would say "Caution" without my having to type it. I don't see where this is entered in the style dialog. Thanks for any tips. -- Christopher Brewster Lockheed Martin, Eagan MN Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ms-word-general/200911/1 The only way to do this is as a "bullet." See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/QandA.htm (Word 2003 and earlier) or http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/QandA2007.htm, as appropriate. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Micros...

Parse only text from column?
How do I extract just the text from a column? For example, if one of my columns = "1234 abracadabra" and I want just the "abracadabra"? ironryan77 You already posted this question about 3+ hours ago and that message has 4 answers posted to it. -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "Ryan D" <RyanD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DB85FF3E-1428-4703-B8D5-A0E330DF6E74@microsoft.com... > How do I extract just the text from a column? For example, if one of my > columns = "1234 abracadabra" and I want just the "abracad...

Excel, horizontal scroll bar and sheets not accessable anymore
I'm using Excel 2000 on Windows XP. After several years use for book keeping the horizontal scroll bar and the numbered sheet tabs have disappeared. Once after re-starting the computer they reappeared but that no longer works. Under Tools, Options, the boxes for show scroll bar and sheets are ticked. Hi does this happen only for one single file or for all Excel files? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Cassandra wrote: > I'm using Excel 2000 on Windows XP. After several years use for book > keeping the horizontal scroll bar and the numbered sheet tabs have > disa...

Why is Actual Work updated when entering time into Work Field?
We're using MS Project 2007 and seeing that sometimes when time is entered into the Work field for a task, that task's Actual Work is updated to the same value entered in the Work field. This happens to multiple resources, but only on some of their tasks and not on others. For example, for the weeks of 1/24 and 1/31, whatever hours I schedule (enter in the "work" cell in the Resource Usage View) for a given task also appears in the "actual" cell. The tasks are setup up differently. Some are Fixed Work, some are Fixed Duration. I believe all have the e...

Text to Columns #6
Anyone out there suggest a way of splitting names. i.e Mr Anthony Lee Rodgers Mr John Edward Rourke Mr Ian Ruff Mr Ian Sanderson I am looking to get the following end result. Title 1st Name(s) Last Name Mr Anthony Lee Rodgers Mr John Edward Rourke Mr Ian Ruff Mr Ian Sanderson Regards Select the cells you want to parse and run this macro: Sub NameDropper() For Each r In Selection s = Split(r.Value, " ") r.Offset(0, 1).Value = s(0) r.Offset(0, 3).Value = s(UBound(s)) If U...

Change between 1 and 2 server for SBS2008 Premium?
If SBS2008 Premium is set up all on a single server initially and then a second server is added later, how easy is it to move SQL Server to the second server? Alternatively, if it's set up on the two servers and there's a problem with the second server...how easy is it to put SQL Server back onto the main SBS server or replace it with new hardware? Thanks RG RG Kind of hard to answer? I mean I can do it! But I don't know if I would call it easy or hard? I mean you are just moving stuff around and sometimes it can be frustrating. but as far as Hard/Easy I...

Problems with credit cards #2
Ok, For some reason when you enter in a credit card and hit Enter, the window pops up again and you have to enter the number again. It has started to do this in both of the stores that I have on every register. Anyone else have this problem? Thanks, Nick ...

Create an expression in a text box.
I have a text box on my form. I want to create an expression for a line item total (unit price * quantity * surcharge). I don't see the row source in the properties for a text box. How can I do this? "p-rat" <osupratt@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:6db31eb1-8255-496f-b176-5d7ebeb11621@q39g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... >I have a text box on my form. I want to create an expression for a > line item total (unit price * quantity * surcharge). I don't see the > row source in the properties for a text box. How can I do this? It's the ControlSource (or Control...

Save 2 clicks...!
Right click save 2 clicks with "Select All & Copy" on menue. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=615da064-bc24-4972-9497-0b8cc4db354d&dg=micros...

Row Height Adds Blank Space at End of Text
Hi, We have a spreadsheet where the row height is automatically expanded to add extra, blank space at the end of the cells. We manually adjust the row height, save, close, and when we re-open, the space is back. There are no extraneous returns in the cells. Anyone know how to fix this? Auto Fit does not work. Thanks ...

Emails Receiving time in Inbox Differs
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Email Client: pop Hi, <br><br>I wonder if anyone can help me with this. I realised that my incoming mails received in the in the Inbox, the time received is different from actual time received. Meaning, the timing in the inbox shows the time that I download the emails. IS there a way to resolve this? ...

Excel 2003 spreadsheet. I enter the any number and it is entered.
If I enter a number into a cell it is put in like a decimal. For example, if I enter 10 it is put in as .1 500 is entered as a 5 Thank you Mary Mary, Goto Tools>Options and on the Edit tab you should see The Fixed Decimal Places box checked. Uncheck it. -- HTH RP "maryu" <maryu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65C0E0FB-43F3-4F34-8A86-FBA3F02EC9B1@microsoft.com... > If I enter a number into a cell it is put in like a decimal. For example, if > I enter 10 it is put in as .1 500 is entered as a 5 > Thank you > Mary ...

Open a Form at a Specific Time
I would like to open a form at a specific time of the day, everyday. Please help? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Scheduled Tasks should do what you want. Steps 1. Open Control Panel 2. Look for Scheduled Tasks and double click it. 3. Click Add Scheduled Task then follow the wizard hope that helps User wrote: >I would like to open a form at a specific time of the day, everyday. > >Please help? -- spread the WORD Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/201001/1 I'm sor...

Archiving Money Files #2
Hi all, Whenever I decide to archive old Money data, the process removes the correct dates, transactions, etc. from the main file... But the archived file contains all of the newer transactions as well. I thought an archived file only contained old transactions? EXAMPLE: I just archived the year 2005 from my main file. The main file now shows only transactions dated from 1-1-2006 to now. The archived file contains transactions dated from 1-1-2005 to now. Is this the way Money (I am using Mny 2004) works? In microsoft.public.money, rustyfender04 wrote: > >Whenever I decide ...

Excel 2003 - VBA
Hi Guys: I'm drawing a blank and need some help. I have a table with row 3 containing sheet names (currently pointing at 106 sheets). In rows 4-250 I want to put formulas that will look for something (located in Column B) in each of the sheets named in row 3. The first cell in the target sheet contains the last row with valid data. Example: Cell "D3" = P02-05 Cell "B5" = 123456789IBM In cell "D5" I want to generate a formula that will look in sheet P02-05, search for the contents of "B5" throughout the sheet and return the Value in colum...

Modeless property sheet. #2
I have a modeless property sheet. Since it is modeless, I know that I need to have OK and Cancel buttons on the pages... When the operator clicks the close X box at the top right. (Or selects "Close" from the sheet's system menu.) How do I act upon that? ...

Organization Forms #2
Unable to see the "Organization Forms" library in Outlook 2003. Anybody experience this ? I've created the folder below "EForms Registry" in ESM, checked permissions but the library does not show up. Enviroment: Exchange 2003, SP1,4-Node cluster, 3 Virtual Servers, Public Folder tree on 1 Virtual Server. Any help would be appreciated ! -Mike ...

Filter records by date in subform by date entered in mainform.
Hello, I've spent 3 days trying to understand what I'm doing wrong.....Here is the summary of my problem. I have a form named 'frm_EfficiencyStats' and a subform within the form named 'qry_Total hours subform' (the subform is based on a query). The form contains a text box (for date) which is bound to a table 'tbl_EfficiencyStats'. I would like to be able to enter a date in the text box on my form, and display the records in the subform based on the date I entered in the text box. The subform will only pull records from my table based on the date. Here are th...

Multiple Attachments #2
Not sure if there is a shortcut here ... I receive numerous e-mails daily with file attachments (mainly photographs). There can be anything up to 10 attachments per e-mail and maybe 200 e-mails a day. All I need from these is the attchements saved in a folder that I have set-up. To do this, at the moment I am having to open each e-mail individually and then do 'Save Attachments', close the e-mail and delete it. Is there any way of selecting all of the e-mails and saving all of the attachments without having to open the e-mails? Thanks. There are some special tools built ...

starting a cell with a /
Is it possible to do this? I want one of my columns to contain a directory name, which in unix starts with a forward slash. I can put a space in front of it, but I'd rather not. Thanks in advance, Hi try '/ the apostrophe won't display or print Cheers JulieD "G. Mule" <none@nev.dull> wrote in message news:q2aig012f99ms2o0sbbkckp8jlg3f88t4j@4ax.com... > Is it possible to do this? > > I want one of my columns to contain a directory name, which in unix > starts with a forward slash. > > I can put a space in front of it, but I'd rather not. ...

application error #2
In a spreadsheet I inherited, when I try to enter a value in a cell, I get the following error message: "The instruction at "0x3003c847" referenced memory at "0x00050017". The memory could not be "read"." This doesn't have in very many places - just one section of the worksheet. Does anyone know what causes this and how to fix it? Thanks. ...

Copy only part of text string
Hi, Wonder if someone maybe able to help me please. I have a database at work that contains details of test files. One of the fields for each test shows that actual error that caused the file to fail. The problem is, is that there is an awful lot of text from this field that I don't need to extract. The text I need to extract starts with the word Error and then the rest of the text that comes after it in the text string. The word Error can appear anywhere within the text string, but having worked through all of the failures I beleive that 'Error' can be used as the guide to star...

how to enter simple list and sum
using excel 2002 with an xp sp2 system how would I enter a simple list of positive and negative numbers and then create a cell with the sum of these values? if the list would look like this 0.58 -1.22 1.79 -0.56 -0.92 the output would look something like 0.58 0.58 -1.22 -0.64 1.79 1.15 -0.56 0.59 -0.92 -0.33 John In B1 enter =A1 In B2 enter =B1+A2 Copy down to B5 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 16 May 2007 06:34:13 +0300, "John" <johnj@multipl.es> wrote: >using excel 2002 with an xp sp2 system >how would I enter a simple list of positive and negative...

1 Field and 2 Criteria
I'm new to Access but very fluent in Excel so bare with me on this. What I have is a query I'm trying to create where I have a Problem Code(numeric) and a Fix Code(numberic). Each of these codes have a Long Description in a table just for these codes. However, this table has several "TABL"'s within it. To get descriptions for a Problem Code the TABL field must equal "101". To get descriptions for a Fix Code the TABL field must equal "303". This is a problem because when I write the query I have each code read out on a row but I can ...

Resource Units for Tasks entered in PWA differs than tasks entered in Project 2007
Hello, I have an ePM user asking why if he enters a project task in PWA does it not check the resource max units allocation the same way as when he enters a task in Project Professional. For example: You have a project where resource A is 50% allocated. When you create a task in Project Professional for this resource, the resource allocation is set to 50%. Create a task under the same project in PWA, submit and approve the task. Open project professional and view the task information for the task entered in PWA, why is the resource allocation set to 100% instead of 50% set for th...