enter a current date in a cell?

How can I enter a formula in a cell so that when I click on that cell it will
show today's date or the current date?
0
Tpeyton77 (1)

You can only get excel to do stuff when you click by using a worksheet
change event.  If you want to enter the current time or date quickly, try
Ctrl+; or Ctrl+Shift+:

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Tpeyton77" <Tpeyton77@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I enter a formula in a cell so that when I click on that cell it
> will
> show today's date or the current date?

Try the Today() function - don't need to enter anything between brackets.

"Tpeyton77" wrote:

> How can I enter a formula in a cell so that when I click on that cell it will
> show today's date or the current date?
0
Anki (12)

Why is Actual Work updated when entering time into Work Field?
We're using MS Project 2007 and seeing that sometimes when time is entered into the Work field for a task, that task's Actual Work is updated to the same value entered in the Work field. This happens to multiple resources, but only on some of their tasks and not on others. For example, for the weeks of 1/24 and 1/31, whatever hours I schedule (enter in the "work" cell in the Resource Usage View) for a given task also appears in the "actual" cell. The tasks are setup up differently. Some are Fixed Work, some are Fixed Duration. I believe all have the e...

Cell format newbie query
I have a worksheet where all the cells in a column are formatted as text but there are numbers entered in the column. Changing the format of the column, or even any individual cell, to number, does not remove the triangle in the cell top left corner. What should I be doing to fix the situation? Thanks Brian Tozer Hi Brian! One quick way: Select a blank cell Copy Select the range with data in it Edit > Paste Special Add OK You'll note that this converts the format of the selected range to General -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Exc...

Year to Date subquery
HI I would like assistance with creating a year to date subquery. I tried to copy the MS help example but still can't get the query to run. I have the following: Table name Orders Field Names- [ID] ( system generated primary key) , [OrdersDate], [Quantity], [UnitPrice] Query SQL - SELECT Year([Orders].[OrderDate]) AS TheYear, Month([Orders].[OrderDate]) AS TheMonth, Sum([Orders].[Quantity]*[Orders].[UnitPrice]) AS MonthAmount, (SELECT Sum(dupe.Quantity * dupe.UnitPrice) AS YTD FROM Orders AS A INNER JOIN [Orders] AS dupe ON orde...

Excel 2003 spreadsheet. I enter the any number and it is entered.
If I enter a number into a cell it is put in like a decimal. For example, if I enter 10 it is put in as .1 500 is entered as a 5 Thank you Mary Mary, Goto Tools>Options and on the Edit tab you should see The Fixed Decimal Places box checked. Uncheck it. -- HTH RP "maryu" <maryu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65C0E0FB-43F3-4F34-8A86-FBA3F02EC9B1@microsoft.com... > If I enter a number into a cell it is put in like a decimal. For example, if > I enter 10 it is put in as .1 500 is entered as a 5 > Thank you > Mary ...

starting a cell with a /
Is it possible to do this? I want one of my columns to contain a directory name, which in unix starts with a forward slash. I can put a space in front of it, but I'd rather not. Thanks in advance, Hi try '/ the apostrophe won't display or print Cheers JulieD "G. Mule" <none@nev.dull> wrote in message news:q2aig012f99ms2o0sbbkckp8jlg3f88t4j@4ax.com... > Is it possible to do this? > > I want one of my columns to contain a directory name, which in unix > starts with a forward slash. > > I can put a space in front of it, but I'd rather not. ...

Filter records by date in subform by date entered in mainform.
Hello, I've spent 3 days trying to understand what I'm doing wrong.....Here is the summary of my problem. I have a form named 'frm_EfficiencyStats' and a subform within the form named 'qry_Total hours subform' (the subform is based on a query). The form contains a text box (for date) which is bound to a table 'tbl_EfficiencyStats'. I would like to be able to enter a date in the text box on my form, and display the records in the subform based on the date I entered in the text box. The subform will only pull records from my table based on the date. Here are th...

how to enter simple list and sum
using excel 2002 with an xp sp2 system how would I enter a simple list of positive and negative numbers and then create a cell with the sum of these values? if the list would look like this 0.58 -1.22 1.79 -0.56 -0.92 the output would look something like 0.58 0.58 -1.22 -0.64 1.79 1.15 -0.56 0.59 -0.92 -0.33 John In B1 enter =A1 In B2 enter =B1+A2 Copy down to B5 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 16 May 2007 06:34:13 +0300, "John" <johnj@multipl.es> wrote: >using excel 2002 with an xp sp2 system >how would I enter a simple list of positive and negative...

Splitting a cell within a table
I'm attempting to split a cell within a table. I click within the cell that I want to split and then click Table but "split cells" is grayed out. Please assist. Thanks. Anthony You can only split previously merged cells. "Anthony" <Anthony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:429D3BCD-C656-4F6B-8EA6-54A40DA12E09@microsoft.com... > I'm attempting to split a cell within a table. I click within the cell > that > I want to split and then click Table but "split cells" is grayed out. > Please > assist. > > Thanks...

No Current Record on form close
I think I know what's causing this but not how to fix it. I have a subform tied to my main form and when I close the main form when the subform has no records, I get a "No Current Record" error (no error number, just the text). When I close my form and the subform has associated records, everything is fine. How can I bypass or prevent this dialog box from appearing when I close a main form with no related records in the subform? Thanks! When you close a form with a SubForm, the MainForm closes 1st and then the SubForm will close. Do you have some code in the OnClose or ...

timechart date question
Is there a way to make historical timecharts in Visio? There seems to be a limit to how far back Visio will go back? I need to chart dates 2000 - 4000 years ago and Visio seems to be limited to 1700 or 1800 onwards. Is there an option or setting to get around this? Thanks! Andrew Jones In fact, Visio is limited to Jan 1, 1900 or later. That is "0" in the date format used by Windows. You'll have to draw them "by hand"...or try to map past dates to future ones and be creative with labeling. -- Lori Pearce Longhorn SDK "Andrew Jones" <andrewmjones@hot...

Resource Units for Tasks entered in PWA differs than tasks entered in Project 2007
Hello, I have an ePM user asking why if he enters a project task in PWA does it not check the resource max units allocation the same way as when he enters a task in Project Professional. For example: You have a project where resource A is 50% allocated. When you create a task in Project Professional for this resource, the resource allocation is set to 50%. Create a task under the same project in PWA, submit and approve the task. Open project professional and view the task information for the task entered in PWA, why is the resource allocation set to 100% instead of 50% set for th...

Time and Date increment
Hi I have a date and time field (which I have formatted as dd/mm/yy hh.mm) 16/07/04 09:30 I would like to add (incrementally) an hour on to the time each day, so the first few days will be: 17/07/04 10:30 18/07/04 12:30 19/07/04 15:30 I have tried right-clicking and using the "series" function, but when I go into the "series" option I am not sure what to do. I have chosen the options step value = 1 and "growth" but it only updates the Day (dd) by one day. I can't get it to update the Hour (hh) by one hour each day. Any ideas anyone? Hi You need to ad...

Enter formula by code.
Hi All can anyone help. I cant seem to get this to work. I keep getting run time error 1004 application or object defined error. Public Sub TLIdentify() finalrow = Worksheets("INV Bookings").Range("B65536").End(xlUp).Row Worksheets("INV Bookings").Range("AV26:AV" & finalrow).FormulaR1C1 = "=IF(OR(RC[-38]>0,RC[-32]>0,RC[-26]>0,RC[-20]>0,RC[-14]>0,RC[-8]>0,RC[-2]>0),VLOOKUP(RC4,'Team Summary'!R4C3:R16C4,2,0),"")" End Sub -- Regards and Thanks for any assistance. Francis Brown...

Setting a date in the Header
I have a report that I need to print every Friday, but the report is for the following week. So, I want it to say "For the week of: Monday, November 5, 2007." How do I calculate the date to be next Monday? IF you run the report on Friday (and never on any other day), -- Add a control to the report -- Set its source to = "For the week of " & Format(DateAdd("d",3,Date()), "Long Date") If you run the report on any other day of the week this will fail. So you might want to use = "For the week of " & Format(DateAdd("d&...

Entering a dollar amount w/out having to enter the decimal
What is the formula to have Excel automatically enter the decimal so all I have to enter is the numbers? It's one of the options you can specify. In Excel 2007, it's: Excel Options...>Advanced>Automatically insert a decimal point Regards, Fred "Julieanne" <Julieanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3AABE398-3B77-4ACD-8938-05ED7F5CC58E@microsoft.com... > What is the formula to have Excel automatically enter the decimal so all I > have to enter is the numbers? ...

Auto Protecting cells & auto filling date
I wonder if anyone can tell me if it is possible to auto proect cells after data has been entered? Basically I have a spreadsheet that has two levels of protection - some cells are password protected and others available for all to enter data into. What I would like to achieve is once data has been entered into a row in the editable area that row becomes part of the password protected area automatically. Also is it possible to use the NOW (or similar) function to populate one cell with a date when another is filled? Ie a log entry is made in column B. When some data is entered into colum...

How do I stop dates from being entered everytime I enter a number
Everytime I enter data in a box (ex: ages 5-9) I then press enter to go to the next cell and it automatically puts in may 9 . I have tried putting in general in formatting cells and it still does it. can someone help before I shoot this pc out the window? I am making a population pyramid with males and females and their ages. Thanks, Kicking and Screaming You can precede your entry with a single quote... '5-9 ....or format your cells as 'Text'. Hope this helps! In article <64AE5219-035D-46E3-9488-5D01F6B012FA@microsoft.com>, Kicking and Screaming <Kicking and...

Select the "older" cell
Hi Guys, I have a table "Orders" and I would like to erase the older entry from "Orders" for certain Customer. This table would have of course many Orders for one Customer: Customer - Order - DateDone John - 1234 - 08.20.2009.6pm John - 4567 - 10.20.2009.5pm John - 8910 - 11.20.2009.7pm What would be the DELETE/SELECT command that I would use to select the oldest entry and erase it where the user would be John? (in this case would be "John - 1234 - 08.20.2009.6pm") I am using C#. But any suggestion in the command would help me. Thanks, -...

Date in criteria expression
The following is giving me an error message "data type mismatch in criteria expression": If Not IsNull(DLookup("ClassDate", "tblSCC", "([ClassDate] = '" & .ClassDate & "')")) Then... Is there something tricky about a date field that I don't know about? Rip On Tue, 2 Oct 2007 17:47:49 -0400, RipperT wrote: > The following is giving me an error message "data type mismatch in criteria > expression": > > If Not IsNull(DLookup("ClassDate", "tblSCC", "([ClassDate] = '&...

count number of cells
What is the formula to count the number of cells that start with a particular character? What I really want to do is count how the number of cells in a column that start with a through e. I have tried several things but can't quite come up with the magic formula. thanks for your help. =COUNTIF(A1:A20,"A*")+COUNTIF(A1:A20,"B*")+COUNTIF(A1:A20,"C*")+COUNTIF(A1:A20,"D*")+COUNTIF(A1:A20,"E*") -- David Biddulph "tagout" <tagout@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B624B5C-E73A-4481-A3E7-C9207F72DAB...

entering time #2
hello all.. wondering if there is any way to do this... I have a column formatted for time as in this format 12:00 when entering a time it is cumbersome to have to enter the hour, then a colon, then the minutes. Is it possilbe to simply enter a 4 digit number such as 1245 and have it show up as 12:45 ?? thanks so much... I've found this group to be irreplaceable... glen in orlando Enter your times without colons in column A and put this formula in column B =(A1-RIGHT(A1,2))/2400+RIGHT(A1,2)/(24*60) and format column B for "Time" in the form you want it. Tod "Glen i...

Average non-adjacent cells if the cell does not contain zero
I have a spread sheet with data in non-adjacent cells. I would like to average the data in the cells only if the cell does not contain a zero. How would I do this? Your help is greatly appreciated!!! Cheri Hello - This formula will work, assume your values are in the range A1:A1000: =AVERAGE(IF(A1:A1000<>0,A1:A1000,"")) This is an array formula so enter it in using ctrl+shift+enter. -- Regards, Dave "Cheri" wrote: > I have a spread sheet with data in non-adjacent cells. I would like to > average the data in the cells only if the cell does not co...

Entering data
Please help me enter data into cells that seem to be locked. In article <15a201c43e09$dbea4e10$3501280a@phx.gbl>, "Alicia Contreras" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Please help me enter data into cells that seem to be > locked. Hi Alicia, try: Tools > Protect > Unprotect Hope this helps! ...

Grouping E-mail by Date (not DateTime)
I have been unable to find where to group (not sort) by E- mail by Date, not DateTime. Does anyone know if this is possible? Thank you. In MS Outlook, Right-Click over the Received Column header in your message queue, Select "Format Columns" Change the date into the format you desired. Hit OK. HTH JDQ >-----Original Message----- >I have been unable to find where to group (not sort) by E- >mail by Date, not DateTime. > >Does anyone know if this is possible? > >Thank you. >. > Although this does change the format of the Received field, when I try and ...