Enable macros

I've got a fairly compex workbook with lots of named
ranges. I've been using and updating this WB for over a
year. All of a sudden, I now get the following message
every time I enter something in any field:
"The macros in this project are disabled. Please refer to
the online help or documentation of the host application
to determine how to enable macros."

I don't have any macros in this workbook.

Les
0
les3909 (1)

SMTP connector with outbound security enabled, enables authentication for all other connectors!!?!
Hi, *I have so far tested this on two Exchange Orgs. One being our live platform and the other our test enviroment. Both are running Active Directory native mode for 2003, with Exchange 2003 and Exchange SP1*. Right this is my scenario: I have two SMTP connectors, one is the default 'Internet' with a cost of 1 and address space of *. The other is called 'Admin users' has the a cost of 20 with the address space of * also. Our Front end exchange servers; let's call them: 'EXFE1 and EXFE2' are the local bridgeheads for both connectors. The Internet connector by de...

date macro
HI! Thanks in advance for helping. I would like to run a macro on a user form to take the date of report and see if the date is on or past the 26th and send the report to the its designated worksheet. looped. example: IF the report is anywhere created from 26th of the previous month to 25th of current month to go in to spreedsheet of that current month and continue on till project is finished. starting with the first day of contract to be awarded. the problem is i have to use thier form on excel. the thing is, the report will only have a "todays date" and the data to follow...

Macro code to exit Excel without prompt
Dear all, can someone please provide the VB macro code that will exit excel without prompt, also with prompts please. (Prompting meaning "Do you want to Save book1.xls" etc. Thanks Adam ActiveWorkbook.Saved=true "Adam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:310B9DE1-09CF-45C9-85E9-80D557CAD360@microsoft.com... > Dear all, > > can someone please provide the VB macro code that will exit excel without prompt, also with prompts please. (Prompting meaning "Do you want to Save book1.xls" etc. > > Thanks > > Adam ...

Using a macro on shared workbook excel 2003
I have 2 computers sharing a workbook. There is a macro in it that sorts column A by date. There are about 300 rows of data. About one third of the rows have a few different colours. The colours are changed a few times a day. The colours identify the current assembly status of a product. Only one computer changes the colours, but both computers use the macro to organize by date in column A. My problem is that the coloured cells don't seem to always move with the rows when organized by date. Most of the time they do, but about once per day, either the colour is missing, or it is in a differ...

Can a macro capture this?
Everyday I open a spreadsheet, turn on autofilter and filter out some things and record the number of rows remaining in another spreadsheet. For example, if Widget type looks like this: Widget_Type small small small medium small large small medium small With autofilter I say I only want to see items that are "medium" and then in the botom bottom left of my screen it'll say "2 of 9 records found." I know I can record a macro of me doing this manually and then play it back. If I add a pause I can stop the macro and manually make a note of the number of records found. ...

Enable automatic query refresh for all workbooks?
I know there's a way (according to a KB article on Office 2000 SR1), and in Office XP I must have turned this off somehow, since my workbook didn't ask me everytime if it should refresh or not, but I can't seem to find where this checkbox is in Office 2003! This checkbox has been removed in XL2003 for security reasons. You cannot off the prompt using the XL interface. Modifying the following registry key will give you the same effect: Path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Excel\Options Key: QuerySecurity Values: 0 = Prompt on all workbooks 1 = Do Not Prom...

Deleting excess data in a macro
Hi, I am downloading a report from Quickbooks that gives me transaction details such as Customer Name, Date, Item Number, Item Name, QTY and Total. Quickbooks then provides a subtotal for each customer. In this row, all of the other data in blank (there is not name, date, item number etc in this row. What I want to do is to create a macro that only has the transaction data in it and strips out the subtotals. What I have done is to sort the workbook by data which give me what I want. However, at the end of the spreadsheet is all of the subtotals by themselves with the blank data...

Protection controlled by macro
I have a worksheet that is password protected. I want to create a macro that will unprotect the worksheet, perform several operations, and then reprotect the worksheet using the same password. I have tried including the password within the macro to unprotect and reprotect the worksheet, but I still get prompted for the password when the macro runs. Does anyone have any suggestions on how this can be accomplished? Thanks for any help. Crownman As ALWAYS, post your coding efforts for comments and suggestions. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Crownman"...

Enable macros
I've got a fairly compex workbook with lots of named ranges. I've been using and updating this WB for over a year. All of a sudden, I now get the following message every time I enter something in any field: "The macros in this project are disabled. Please refer to the online help or documentation of the host application to determine how to enable macros." I don't have any macros in this workbook. Les ...

IE6
I inadvertently checked the "Do not show me this message again" box, but, as I like to know when I am being re-directed to or from a secure site, I would like to re-enable it. Is is possible, please? Kate Kate wrote: > I inadvertently checked the "Do not show me this message again" box, > but, as I like to know when I am being re-directed to or from a secure > site, I would like to re-enable it. Is is possible, please? Have you looked at the settings for the security zone (probably the Internet security zone) under which the unidentified web...

Outlook
Outlook - macro to pickup addressee from To: I'm using Outlook. I'd like to write a macro to pickup addressee from To: and put into the body. The end result is to be "Hi John,^p" When I used record a macro it did not pick up my copy and past from the Outlook To: box. The rest works fine. Regards, Mark Outlook version? FYI, you recorded a Word macro, which is why it picked up none of the Outlook actions. Outlook doesn't have a macro recorder. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Use...

How do I create a hyperlink with a macro?
Hello, I am attempting to create a spread sheet for work that is as easy to use as possible. My goal is to create a macro that adds a hyperlink to a particular cell. The catch is, I would like the URL to come from the clipboard. This way all they need to do is copy the address and run the macro. Is this possible? Hope this helps... You can paste link copied from clipboard into an inputbox... Sub add_hyperlink() Dim hl As String hl = InputBox("Copy link here:") If Len(hl) = 0 Then Exit Sub ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Add Anchor:=Selection, Address:= _ ...

Formulas in macros
Hello, in one of the macros, i need apply the =SUBTOTAL(9, .... ) formula ove a specific range. i have that range stored in a range variable name rangeForSubtotal. how could i do that.. thank you shimee -- shimee ----------------------------------------------------------------------- shimeel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1583 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27419 Hi something like activecell.formula="=SUBTOTAL(9," & range("A1:A100").address & ")" -- Regards Frank...

Enabling Circular Logging
Hi all. I am performing backups of my exchange DB's over the internet starting today. The company I am doing this with suggested enabling circular logging on the Exchange server to avoid backing up unnesseccary data and to svae over the wire bamdwidth. Can anyone explain to me what it is, and how to enble it? I have Exchange 2003 standard server with SP1. Thanks!!!! On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 08:51:01 -0800, "redrobit" <redrobit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all. I am performing backups of my exchange DB's over the internet >starting today. The compa...

Determining if hibernation is enabled
Hi, I'm using SetSuspendState(TRUE, FALSE, FALSE) to put the pc in into hibernation, which only works if hibernation is enabled. How can I determine whether hibernation is enabled before calling, so I can report as much to my users? I'm working with VS2008, targetting XP and Vista. Thanks, Steph IsPwrHibernateAllowed\ GetPwrCapabilities or CallNtPowerInformation(Maybe it's better way) "Steph" <steph@newsgroups.nospam> д����Ϣ news:92169931-7711-41D8-A88E-6C6092343D40@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I'm using SetSuspendState(TRUE, FALSE, FALSE) to put...

MACRO development question
In word, the easy way to write a macro is to record it, then make any alterations. 1. Is there a way to do this with Visio 2002? 2. Does anyone have a macro to export to another image format (esp PCX) they would be willing to share? TIA Andrew a b a k e r AT f l o w l o g i c DOT c o m DOT a u Macro recording will be introduced into Visio 2003 which will be released next month. There examples of VBA code for Visio at http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://www.mvps.org/vis...

Macros to Update date and invoice number
Hi, I created a macro to save a workbook as a new book called "NEW". This is easily done by recording a macro, however, I want the following functions after i save the new book which I do not know the code: 1) Cell A1 in Sheet1 is to be equals to Cell A1 PLUS 1 in the sheet before "SheetSUP". I will be adding new sheets before the "SheetSUP" constantly thus I cannot use the name of the sheet before "SheetSUP" in the code...ie, the sheets are all invoices thus A1 have running numbers. For every new month, I open an old book and saveas a new b...

set enable & disable of button (VC 6.0)
Hello, For VC 6.0 (MFC) : How can I set the enable/disable state of that button ? Thanks :) this is not going to work buddy ....... read a book ..... "Eitan M" <no_spam_please@nospam_please.com> wrote in message news:ewfJoieGHHA.1232@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello, > For VC 6.0 (MFC) : > How can I set the enable/disable state of that button ? > > Thanks :) > hi Eitan, Try following, //To Enable button...at run time ...IDB_MYBUTTON is ID of your botton GetDlgItem(IDB_MYBUTTON)->EnableWindow(TRUE); //To Disab...

Enable/disable EDIT Menu's PASTE item according to clipboarb's format
Env: Windows2000, VC++6.00, MFC, . I have a CView based application, which deals with BITMAP. Since application can receive pasting operation coming from clipboard only for BITMAP format, so I hope that ID_EDIT_PASTE item on "Edit" Menu and ID_EDIT_PASTE button on toolbar can be enabled/disabled automatically according to the current clipboard format. I know I can do that if I put IsClipboardFormatAvailable(CF_BITMAP) into ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI(ID_EDIT_PASTE, OnUpdateEditPaste) as follows, void CMainFrame::OnUpdateEditPaste(CCmdUI* pCmdUI) { pCmdUI->Enable( IsClipboardFormatAva...

Toggle Macro . . . #2
It worked! thanks Paul B!! -- Fabl ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Fable's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=218 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26866 ...

Item # Change- Macro
We have approximately 800 item numbers that we would like to modify. I know this can be done one at a time via Professional Tools Library. Is this the only way to do this or is there some better way? The Item Modifier tool from the Professional Services Tools Library can also take an import of a file with all 800 numbers. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html blog: www.victoriayudin.com "Grieves" <Grieves@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB6DE0CF-5EFD-4D69-9BC6-AE7DBABB59...

RE-Enabled Acconts
OK, I have read dozens of messages about users not being able to access their accounts if they were dis-abled then re-enabled. Nothing definitive for an answer though.. Some have said WAIT.. My question is how long to wait? I do know that if I re-boot the exchange server they get their access back, so I am thinking it is a wait thing, but in one instance I had waited 1 hour... What is happening? Carl it can actually take up to 2 hours for the re-enabling to take effect... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Carl Hilton" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:uib71bezGHA....

Deleting a macro?
Hello. I was working on a workbook when I accidentally started to write a macro (I went to Tools - macro - create new macro - clicked okay.) When I realized that this was a mistake, I immediately stopped the recorder. I then made a variety of changes to this workbook and then had to save it several times, under a variety of names. So when I went to open these workbooks, it said that they contained a macro (I enabled them.) I then went to Tools - Macro - macros - delete and deleted all the macros that were listed (basically, one for every workbook that I had saved.) I saved the ...

Macro #29
I have a file that appears to have a macro which I cannot locate. When the file is opened, I get the question box about macros potentially having viruses, do I want to disable/enable, etc. etc. When I drill down into Tools/Macros, there are none identified. How do I find and delete references to a macro? Debra Dalgleish has methods for ridding yourself of this warning. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlfaqMac.html#NoMacros Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 09:30:58 -0700, <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a file that appears to have a macro which I ...

paste special macro stops working when run a 2nd time
I have a strange one where a macro that has been in use for about a year now which takes information from Clipboard and paste special it into Excel 2003 has suddenly stopped working. The first time you run the macro it does as expected and paste the information and formats it etc. The second time you run it there is truncation occuring in some of the cells. If you close Excel down and reopen and run the macro again with same information it clipboard it runs successfully. Currently running out of idea's so if anybody has and solutions. -- GHumes Poste the code and I a...