Enable/Disable Macro Pop-Up

In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office
document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity
to enable or disable it.  Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007?

See Help, macro setting

Change macro security settings in Excel

juamig wrote:
> In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office
> document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity
> to enable or disable it.  Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007?

0
Bob
4/9/2010 4:09:04 PM
Right, someone else told me the same thing but this does not offer the option
to have the pop-up.  the pop-up is what I'm interested in.  Am I missing
something?

"Bob I" wrote:

> See Help, macro setting
>
> Change macro security settings in Excel
>
> juamig wrote:
> > In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office
> > document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity
> > to enable or disable it.  Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007?
> >

> .

If you "disable with notification" and the workbook is opened from a
location that is not a "trusted location" then you will get notification in
a warning bar across the top of the sheet.

Says macros have been disabled and gives you an "Options" button.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 11:39:02 -0700, juamig <juamig@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Right, someone else told me the same thing but this does not offer the option
>to have the pop-up.  the pop-up is what I'm interested in.  Am I missing
>something?
>
>"Bob I" wrote:
>
>> See Help, macro setting
>>
>> Change macro security settings in Excel
>>
>> juamig wrote:
>> > In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office
>> > document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity
>> > to enable or disable it.  Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007?
>> >

>> .

0
Gord
4/9/2010 10:29:30 PM
But if you're looking for the big Excel 2003 type notification in the middle
of the display, well that's gone in 2007 -- you get the hardly noticeable bar
at the top and that's all you get.

"juamig" wrote:

> Right, someone else told me the same thing but this does not offer the option
> to have the pop-up.  the pop-up is what I'm interested in.  Am I missing
> something?
>
> "Bob I" wrote:
>
> > See Help, macro setting
> >
> > Change macro security settings in Excel
> >
> > juamig wrote:
> > > In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office
> > > document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity
> > > to enable or disable it.  Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007?
> > >

> > .

As J Latham says, it's not the big one that 2003 had, just at the top of
the worksheet.

juamig wrote:

> Right, someone else told me the same thing but this does not offer the option
> to have the pop-up.  the pop-up is what I'm interested in.  Am I missing
> something?
>
> "Bob I" wrote:
>

>>See Help, macro setting
>>
>>Change macro security settings in Excel
>>
>>juamig wrote:
>>
>>>In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office
>>>document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity
>>>to enable or disable it.  Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007?
>>>

>>.

0
Bob

Using a macro on shared workbook excel 2003
I have 2 computers sharing a workbook. There is a macro in it that sorts column A by date. There are about 300 rows of data. About one third of the rows have a few different colours. The colours are changed a few times a day. The colours identify the current assembly status of a product. Only one computer changes the colours, but both computers use the macro to organize by date in column A. My problem is that the coloured cells don't seem to always move with the rows when organized by date. Most of the time they do, but about once per day, either the colour is missing, or it is in a differ...

DisAbled Accounts
We talked about this long time ago and it has come back. I have AD accounts which are disabled but I can still logon to those mailboxes from OWA adn when I send mail to those accounts they receive it. Though there is no SELF account and no other user has the Associated External Account permissiosn? How come I not get an NDR and why the user can logon via the OWA? Thank you. Have you checked your DC replication? Exchange reads the user information from the DCs, so if you have replication problems Exchange could be looking at out of date information. "WILDPACKET" <...

Macro code to exit Excel without prompt
Dear all, can someone please provide the VB macro code that will exit excel without prompt, also with prompts please. (Prompting meaning "Do you want to Save book1.xls" etc. Thanks Adam ActiveWorkbook.Saved=true "Adam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:310B9DE1-09CF-45C9-85E9-80D557CAD360@microsoft.com... > Dear all, > > can someone please provide the VB macro code that will exit excel without prompt, also with prompts please. (Prompting meaning "Do you want to Save book1.xls" etc. > > Thanks > > Adam ...

date macro
HI! Thanks in advance for helping. I would like to run a macro on a user form to take the date of report and see if the date is on or past the 26th and send the report to the its designated worksheet. looped. example: IF the report is anywhere created from 26th of the previous month to 25th of current month to go in to spreedsheet of that current month and continue on till project is finished. starting with the first day of contract to be awarded. the problem is i have to use thier form on excel. the thing is, the report will only have a "todays date" and the data to follow...

SMTP connector with outbound security enabled, enables authentication for all other connectors!!?!
Hi, *I have so far tested this on two Exchange Orgs. One being our live platform and the other our test enviroment. Both are running Active Directory native mode for 2003, with Exchange 2003 and Exchange SP1*. Right this is my scenario: I have two SMTP connectors, one is the default 'Internet' with a cost of 1 and address space of *. The other is called 'Admin users' has the a cost of 20 with the address space of * also. Our Front end exchange servers; let's call them: 'EXFE1 and EXFE2' are the local bridgeheads for both connectors. The Internet connector by de...

Re: Macro Back Button
Deniis, Sorry, pushed the button too soon. A normal code module is the type of module that you get when you do a Module>Insert in the VBA Edit app. This module is accessible from any other module, so as long as you do not declare anything Private, it can be accessed from any other module. ThisWorkbook is a special type of Class module, and every workbook has one by default (and only one). You can get at it by opening the project in the Explorer window in the VB IDE, and then opening up the Microsoft Excel Objects entry. You will separate entries for each worksheet there, and ThisWorkbook...

Need a macro to insert text in a cell that already has text.Excel
I want a macro that will allow me insert text in a cell where I have placed my curser. Sounds easy. Hope it is. Help! Sharon Sub PlaceText() ActiveCell.Value = "ABCD" End Sub if you mean you are editing a text string in a cell and you want to insert text within the text string, then there is no direct support for that. For any practical application, macros do not run when you are in edit mode. Try copying the text string to add by selecting just the text and doing Ctrl+c now where your cursor is in the cell where you want it added, do Ctrl+v -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "go...

URGENT : Exchange server delete ZIP files, but filtering disable!!!!
Hi, I'm disappointed... I've a SBS 2003 server with Exchange Server 2003. I've just received an email with a "deleted0.txt" file instead-of a ZIP file. But the email attachment security is disable, and, in the past, ZIP files can be accessible to my users. The SecAttsConfig.xml is set to : <SecAttsConfig> <Enabled>False</Enabled> <SaveToFile Enabled="False" Location="" /> - <UnsafeAttachments> ..... I've change nothing in my config, I've just applyed latest services packs and updates. Where are the other se...

Edit Hyperlink disabled using Custom Shortcut Menu
I’ve inserted a hyperlink into one of my forms via a label object. I’ve assigned a custom Shortcut Menu Bar called “Edit Hyperlink” to the hyperlink label. My Custom “Edit Hyperlink” Shortcut Menu includes standard access commands such as Edit Hyperlink, Open Hyperlink, Open in New Window, Copy Hyperlink, and Remove Hyperlink. When I switch to form view and right click over the Hyperlink the “Edit Hyperlink” Shortcut Menu is displayed with the commands disabled (i.e. grayed out). Therefore I can’t use any of the commands on my “Edit Hyperlink” Shortcut Menu. Any idea as to what’s c...

Enable automatic query refresh for all workbooks?
I know there's a way (according to a KB article on Office 2000 SR1), and in Office XP I must have turned this off somehow, since my workbook didn't ask me everytime if it should refresh or not, but I can't seem to find where this checkbox is in Office 2003! This checkbox has been removed in XL2003 for security reasons. You cannot off the prompt using the XL interface. Modifying the following registry key will give you the same effect: Path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Excel\Options Key: QuerySecurity Values: 0 = Prompt on all workbooks 1 = Do Not Prom...

Deleting excess data in a macro
Hi, I am downloading a report from Quickbooks that gives me transaction details such as Customer Name, Date, Item Number, Item Name, QTY and Total. Quickbooks then provides a subtotal for each customer. In this row, all of the other data in blank (there is not name, date, item number etc in this row. What I want to do is to create a macro that only has the transaction data in it and strips out the subtotals. What I have done is to sort the workbook by data which give me what I want. However, at the end of the spreadsheet is all of the subtotals by themselves with the blank data...

disable My Music redirect in SBS 2008
Someone made a comment least year in these groups that it wasn't difficult to disable things like My Pictures and My Music redirection in SBS 2008, but i can't find any documentation on how that is done...Is it really that easy and i'm not seeing it, or is it more difficult than he made it seem... jared The SBS wizard creates a group policy behind the scenes. You can edit that group policy if you so choose. -Cliff -- Cliff Galiher Microsoft has opened the Small Business Server forum on Technet! Check it out! http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-...

Enable macros
I've got a fairly compex workbook with lots of named ranges. I've been using and updating this WB for over a year. All of a sudden, I now get the following message every time I enter something in any field: "The macros in this project are disabled. Please refer to the online help or documentation of the host application to determine how to enable macros." I don't have any macros in this workbook. Les ...

IE6
I inadvertently checked the "Do not show me this message again" box, but, as I like to know when I am being re-directed to or from a secure site, I would like to re-enable it. Is is possible, please? Kate Kate wrote: > I inadvertently checked the "Do not show me this message again" box, > but, as I like to know when I am being re-directed to or from a secure > site, I would like to re-enable it. Is is possible, please? Have you looked at the settings for the security zone (probably the Internet security zone) under which the unidentified web...

Protection controlled by macro
I have a worksheet that is password protected. I want to create a macro that will unprotect the worksheet, perform several operations, and then reprotect the worksheet using the same password. I have tried including the password within the macro to unprotect and reprotect the worksheet, but I still get prompted for the password when the macro runs. Does anyone have any suggestions on how this can be accomplished? Thanks for any help. Crownman As ALWAYS, post your coding efforts for comments and suggestions. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Crownman"...

Enabling Circular Logging
Hi all. I am performing backups of my exchange DB's over the internet starting today. The company I am doing this with suggested enabling circular logging on the Exchange server to avoid backing up unnesseccary data and to svae over the wire bamdwidth. Can anyone explain to me what it is, and how to enble it? I have Exchange 2003 standard server with SP1. Thanks!!!! On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 08:51:01 -0800, "redrobit" <redrobit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all. I am performing backups of my exchange DB's over the internet >starting today. The compa...

Determining if hibernation is enabled
Hi, I'm using SetSuspendState(TRUE, FALSE, FALSE) to put the pc in into hibernation, which only works if hibernation is enabled. How can I determine whether hibernation is enabled before calling, so I can report as much to my users? I'm working with VS2008, targetting XP and Vista. Thanks, Steph IsPwrHibernateAllowed\ GetPwrCapabilities or CallNtPowerInformation(Maybe it's better way) "Steph" <steph@newsgroups.nospam> д����Ϣ news:92169931-7711-41D8-A88E-6C6092343D40@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I'm using SetSuspendState(TRUE, FALSE, FALSE) to put...

disabling automatic hyperlinks
Hello- Is there a way to turn off automatic hyperlinking in Outlook, when using HTML or RTF formatting? I've checked through help and looked at autocorrect settings but have not found anything. Thanks for the assistance. Ray Stone wrote: > Hello- > > Is there a way to turn off automatic hyperlinking in Outlook, when using > HTML or RTF formatting? I've checked through help and looked at > autocorrect settings but have not found anything. > > Thanks for the assistance. Oops, I forgot to mention that this is Outlook 2003. ...

Disable Automatic Hyperlinks
I have a spreadsheet with names, addresses, phone numbers, and e-Mail addresses. Is there ANY way to stop Excel 2003 SP2 from automatically turning the e-Mail addresses into Hyperlinks every dern time I copy the address or in any other manner make that cell active? TIA, Steve Try putting a single quote in front of the address. Not the best solution but it is what M$ recommends. -- Hope this helps Martin Fishlock, Bangkok, Thailand Please do not forget to rate this reply. "Og" wrote: > I have a spreadsheet with names, addresses, phone numbers, and e-Mail > address...

MACRO development question
In word, the easy way to write a macro is to record it, then make any alterations. 1. Is there a way to do this with Visio 2002? 2. Does anyone have a macro to export to another image format (esp PCX) they would be willing to share? TIA Andrew a b a k e r AT f l o w l o g i c DOT c o m DOT a u Macro recording will be introduced into Visio 2003 which will be released next month. There examples of VBA code for Visio at http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://www.mvps.org/vis...

Macros to Update date and invoice number
Hi, I created a macro to save a workbook as a new book called "NEW". This is easily done by recording a macro, however, I want the following functions after i save the new book which I do not know the code: 1) Cell A1 in Sheet1 is to be equals to Cell A1 PLUS 1 in the sheet before "SheetSUP". I will be adding new sheets before the "SheetSUP" constantly thus I cannot use the name of the sheet before "SheetSUP" in the code...ie, the sheets are all invoices thus A1 have running numbers. For every new month, I open an old book and saveas a new b...

set enable & disable of button (VC 6.0)
Hello, For VC 6.0 (MFC) : How can I set the enable/disable state of that button ? Thanks :) this is not going to work buddy ....... read a book ..... "Eitan M" <no_spam_please@nospam_please.com> wrote in message news:ewfJoieGHHA.1232@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello, > For VC 6.0 (MFC) : > How can I set the enable/disable state of that button ? > > Thanks :) > hi Eitan, Try following, //To Enable button...at run time ...IDB_MYBUTTON is ID of your botton GetDlgItem(IDB_MYBUTTON)->EnableWindow(TRUE); //To Disab...

Enable/disable EDIT Menu's PASTE item according to clipboarb's format
Env: Windows2000, VC++6.00, MFC, . I have a CView based application, which deals with BITMAP. Since application can receive pasting operation coming from clipboard only for BITMAP format, so I hope that ID_EDIT_PASTE item on "Edit" Menu and ID_EDIT_PASTE button on toolbar can be enabled/disabled automatically according to the current clipboard format. I know I can do that if I put IsClipboardFormatAvailable(CF_BITMAP) into ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI(ID_EDIT_PASTE, OnUpdateEditPaste) as follows, void CMainFrame::OnUpdateEditPaste(CCmdUI* pCmdUI) { pCmdUI->Enable( IsClipboardFormatAva...

Can you Mail-Enable/Disable Users by OU?
I was wondering if there was a way to mail-enable/disable users by OU or group in Exchange 2000? I have one 2000 domain with 800 or so users, but I only want 100 of them to have mailboxes. I know when you install Exchange it asks you which users you want to mail-enable. But I was wondering if there was a way to maintain this after the fact, say by saying everyone in a particular OU has a mailbox. Also, are there any security measure that I should take with regards to securing the Exchange server to the ~700 users who don't have mailboxes and should have any access to the Exchange serve...

paste special macro stops working when run a 2nd time
I have a strange one where a macro that has been in use for about a year now which takes information from Clipboard and paste special it into Excel 2003 has suddenly stopped working. The first time you run the macro it does as expected and paste the information and formats it etc. The second time you run it there is truncation occuring in some of the cells. If you close Excel down and reopen and run the macro again with same information it clipboard it runs successfully. Currently running out of idea's so if anybody has and solutions. -- GHumes Poste the code and I a...