Empty rows

When I do Shift+Page Down+End+Arrow Down from the first selected row, it goes
to row 65,536.  How do I get it to go to the end of the report (the last
typed row)?

Connie
0
MARTIN1 (286)

Hi
clear your used range first:

Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

"Connie Martin" <Connie Martin@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:61708D1A-8D45-4213-A35A-54953A8C90E5@microsoft.com...
> When I do Shift+Page Down+End+Arrow Down from the first selected row,
it goes
> to row 65,536.  How do I get it to go to the end of the report (the
last
> typed row)?
>
> Connie

0
frank.kabel (11126)
10/22/2004 3:28:10 PM
Hi Frank,
Long time no chat!  You know what?  I was doing what it says to do in the
link you sent, but the key is SAVE!!  I just deleted the rows and then went
to print preview and still had pages of empty rows.  All was perfect when I
clicked SAVE!
Thanks again.
Connie Martin

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

> Hi
> clear your used range first:
> http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused
>
> --
> Regards
> Frank Kabel
> Frankfurt, Germany
>
> "Connie Martin" <Connie Martin@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im
> Newsbeitrag news:61708D1A-8D45-4213-A35A-54953A8C90E5@microsoft.com...
> > When I do Shift+Page Down+End+Arrow Down from the first selected row,
> it goes
> > to row 65,536.  How do I get it to go to the end of the report (the
> last
> > typed row)?
> >
> > Connie

What version of Excel are you using? I think it was XL2000 where they
eliminated the need to save.

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 08:55:03 -0700, "Connie Martin"
<ConnieMartin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi Frank,
>Long time no chat!  You know what?  I was doing what it says to do in the
>link you sent, but the key is SAVE!!  I just deleted the rows and then went
>to print preview and still had pages of empty rows.  All was perfect when I
>clicked SAVE!
>Thanks again.
>Connie Martin
>
>"Frank Kabel" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>> clear your used range first:
>> http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused
>>
>> --
>> Regards
>> Frank Kabel
>> Frankfurt, Germany
>>
>> "Connie Martin" <Connie Martin@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im
>> Newsbeitrag news:61708D1A-8D45-4213-A35A-54953A8C90E5@microsoft.com...
>> > When I do Shift+Page Down+End+Arrow Down from the first selected row,
>> it goes
>> > to row 65,536.  How do I get it to go to the end of the report (the
>> last
>> > typed row)?
>> >
>> > Connie

0
anonymous (74717)

Count of the row
Hi, i have this sheet which contains user information. User name in the sheets are repeated. I have used pivot tables to display this data. However, I also want a column which shows the total number of users. Currently, when I select "Count of user name" in the pivot, it counts all the existing user names but i want it to display only distinct user name (i.e), it should not count the repeated the username. Please help. Regards, Navin Take a look at Debra Dalgleish's suggestion: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot07.html#Unique navin wrote: > > Hi, > > i have th...

Empty the Inbox
Is there a better way to empty all messages in the Inbox than holding down the Cntrl key? Just used the laptop after several months, and it downloaded all the old emails on the server. Using Windows Outlook Express. -- kbob This is not the Outlook Express newsgroup, but anyway: If you want to delete all the Inbox messages, highlight one header viewing in the Preview Pane, and Ctrl + A will highlight them all. Delete all in one motion. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "k. bob" <kbob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

Looping until empty column
Here is my dilemma. I can do VBA in Access, but for some reason I jus don't get it in excel. What I want to do is go down a column and stor that info in a variable. I want this to happen untill there is no mor data. Once I have that data I want to go to another page and store th data in an empty column. I want the program to auto. find the empt column. Thank You in advance. thegu -- thegu ----------------------------------------------------------------------- theguz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2491 View this thread: http://www.excelforum....

pst file appears empty
Hello all! I have a 450 MB pst file, that appears empty in OL98. I have run scanpst several times, did not help. I changed the first byte of the file from 21 to 00 with a hex editor and ran scanpst, it did report errors, fixed them and still no help. I tried exmerge, which reported succesful import, but did not actually retrieve anything from the pst file. Mdbvu32 also shows that the stuff is in there. It seems that the problem is quite common, but does anyone have a solution, how to fix it. Please help! Harri ...

row and column labels #2
When opening a worksheet the row and column labels automatically appear as numbers instead of letters for columns and numbers for rows. What can I do? I found the answer to this question. You need to go into tool/options/general and uncheck the box next to R1:C1 "aron" wrote: > When opening a worksheet the row and column labels automatically appear as > numbers instead of letters for columns and numbers for rows. What can I do? Tools, Options, General, uncheck 'R1C1 reference style' Have a great day, Francis Hayes (The Excel Addict) http://www.TheExcelAddict....

Empty Cell not empty
If I use the following formula: =IF(B25="","",B25+C25) in Column U all the way down to Row 20000 to create a new value... (Column B has a date and Column C has a Time) and then copy and paste Column U to Column T as values, I see empty cells in Column T once my data runs out (presently around Row 40. However....if I use the CountA function,it is telling me that I have data in Column T all the way down to Row 20000. Since this combined Date/Time is being used as X Axis data it is screwing up the graph because Excel thinks those cells are Jan 1, 1900 when in fact...

Select every other Row to copy/cut????
How do I select every other row on a large Excel Document? This is easy... Simply hold down CTRL while clicking on the row number. -- Anne Murray "Too much data - Too little time" wrote: > How do I select every other row on a large Excel Document? I do this with a helper column. In the helper column, I enter =mod(row(),2) The result is wither 0 or 1. Autofilter the data and delete either 0 or 1 (whatever you want). Keep in mind that when you delete the data, it will recalculate. Remove the autofilter and the helper column and VIOLA (I know I spelled it wrong), y...

Merging rows
office 2003 excel How can I merge two rows into one row? Also... where is that in help? I spent about 45 minutes trying to find it. Thanks John if you want to merge A1:A10 and B1:B10, select C1:C10 and type in C1 =A1&B1 and ctrl+enter. Neo Cheung wrote: > if you want to merge A1:A10 and B1:B10, select C1:C10 and type in C1 > =A1&B1 and ctrl+enter. > Thanks... works great. Now, how do I get it to be just the data and not the reference to the other rows. thanks John Hi John, To eliminate the formula leaving only the value --- select column C, Ctrl+C (edit, copy), ...

Empty Excel file is too large
I have deleted all sheets, and contents from my excel file, but it's still 2Meg in size. When I zip it, it's only 90K Bytes. (A blank excel file is usually 90K Bytes) Why is my empty file so large? It was originally 5 Meg, and I deleted all sheets, formulas, and VB codes. Right now there is nothing (except one empty sheet), but the size is still 2M. Please respond. Sometimes what I find is that Excel counts unused rows as part of the file size. So what I do is highlight all the rows from the first unused one to the last one, i.e. ctrl+g to bring up the goto box, then Ax:a65536,...

delete empy rows
Hi, I have a sheet with 3000 lines, I am using only thre coomns A, B, C How can I delete all rows that has empty cells in colomn C i.e. row 5 contains Sam in colomn A , 2 in colomns B , nothing in colomn C. I want to delete this row row 6 contains 3 in colomn A, nothing in colomns B, 34 in colomn C. I want to keep this row. can this be done Khalil Try this on a *spare* copy .. Select col C Press F5 > Special > Blanks > OK Right-click on the selection > Delete > Entire row > OK -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>y...

Contacts dialogue box shows up empty
I have an issue with Outlook Pro installed on my main PC that is not recognizing contacts. They are all there, but when I try to send an email, and I select "to" the contacts dialogue box shows up empty. Thanks in advance, Jay Is the Contacts folder selected as an Address List? http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/contactsinaddressbook.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -FREE tool; QuickMail. Create new Outlook items anywhere from within Windows -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data ----- "Jay" <nospam_doctorpep...

Delete Duplicate Rows ??
Is there a function that will find duplicate entries and delete them? For example, if B7 = B8 then delete row 7 (or 8)? Maybe a macro I could write? Or better yet, maybe somebody has already written something I could "borrow". Any help would be greatly appreciated. Bob Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/deleting.htm#DeleteDuplicateRows -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany InOverMyHead wrote: > Is there a function that will find duplicate entries and delete them? > For example, if B7 = B8 then delete row 7 (or 8)? Maybe a macro I > could write? Or better yet...

ignoring empty???
Hi all, one of my students presented me with the following: "I get a list from another application. There is a column that has either value "yes" or looks like empty. Now, when I want to jump to the next row that has value "yes" I use the shortcut key Ctrl+ArrowDown. However, sometimes when a cell looks like empty there may be a space, with the result that when I need to jump to the next "yes" cell I end up in a cell that has a space. (one that looks empty) So, I used the function Trim to get rid of all the superfluous spaces in an extra column. And al...

How to collect unique rows only using formulas?
Hi, is there any other ways of collecting unique data (anything, not just numbers) from a verti column and transpose it to hori row? example from qwerty1 qwerty1 qwerty2 qwerty2 qwerty2 qwerty3 qwerty3 to qwerty1 qwerty2 qwerty3 in php there's ways for me to do it through arrays' functions. but i want to avoid using vba because i also want to be able to use autofill to do the job. can it be done? i've tried adding another column to the left and using an if(r1=r2,,count(r$1:r1)+1), this would create a index like skipping all the dub rows. then using vlookup to tran...

How to retrieve all data of a table(with only 3 rows and 3Columns) in only one row in a view?
Hi i have a table table1 in sql server database with 3 columns and 3 Rows like Column1 Column2 Column3 Data 11 Data 12 Data 13 Data 21 Data 22 Data 23 Data 31 Data31 Data 33 i would like to create a view view1 based on table1 which retrieve data like Column1 Column2 Column3 Column1 Column2 Column3 Column1 Column2 Column3 Data 11 Data 12 Data 13 D...

How do I get carriage returns to not be row delimiters in text fi.
I am trying to import a text file in which the user has entered carriage returns for a field. When I import it into Excel, Excel is considering the carriage return as a row delimiter. I am creating this text file from a .NET program and would like that program to have to enter whatever special characters Excel might need to interpret these returns as <ALT><ENTER> and a newline in a cell and not as a new row. Thanks for your help. I think you may have a problem with the real end of line markers, too. If you treat each as an alt-enter, then how would you know when the line end...

empty in box
How do I empty my in box without moving everything to delete first? I can't find a "select all" choice. Can anyone share how to do this? Thanks, Linda Highlight one message header. Ctrl+A will highlight them all. Shift | Delete will bypass Deleted Items. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC17754D-E900-4E78-8F3F-766F73CB3410@microsoft.com... > How do I empty my in box without moving everything to delete first? I > can't > f...

Inserting a Row from a UserForm
Hi guys- I'm kind of a self-taught VBA programmer and I can usually blunder around and get a macro to work, but I'm having trouble with a rather difficult one right now. I've created a UserForm that has 6 fields the user has to fill in for a database. Once the user hits the "OK" button, I want the macro to look for the last entry in the database that is identical to what the user filled in Field 1 of the UserForm and insert a row beneath it and fill in the cells with the data from the UserForm. So, i.e: Apple Apple Orange Orange Orange Banana Grape Grape If I type &...

Flipping column and row headings
Hello, I need to flip the column and row headings. Is this possible? Thanks, Steve Sorry...I found my answer. Steve seve wrote: > Hello, > > I need to flip the column and row headings. > > Is this possible? > > Thanks, > > Steve ...

Setting rows to autofit wrapping text in a cell
I have a spreadsheet with 5 columns and 6 rows. Each cell will contain text of an indeterminate length. I would like the rows to autofit the text but even though I've selected that in format when I test a cell to see if the row will automatically increase in height to accommodate the text the row does not adjust and all of the text is not seen. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks -- John A few things to look for. The cells must be set to Wrap Text and rows set to Autofit. BUT.........if any cells are merged row autofit will not work and VBA must be employed. Als...

Calculations with empty fields
I have a report that is calculating total elapsed time between dates. I have the calculation working fine if all fields are filled in. However, out of necessity there will always be fields that are not filled in yet (because the orders have not yet arrived, shipped, etc.). I am (of course) getting the #error result for all of these cases. I would like for these fields to remain blank until the orders have arrived, shipped, etc. I am pretty sure that I need to use .hasdata, but can not quite get it to work. My expression for the calculated fields is below. =Workdays([Firs...

When printing a document on deskjet an empty page comes out
I try to print an Excel document on an HP Desjet 3820 printer, but both print prewiew and printout are blank. When checking the print area my data shows correctly. Clear print area, then reslect the area. D -- Donal ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Donald's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1517 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26841 I'm sorry, it didn't work to clear the print area. I'm still grateful for more ideas! best/sanna Donald's suggestion usuall...

Empty Emails
I get daily emails that are empty. Blank. From: Blank To: Blank Body: Blank Can someone tell my why? I just delete them. Thanks Sue Nope, I do too, but SpamBayes takes care of them for me. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Sue asked: | I get daily emails that are empty. Blank. | From: Blank | To: Blank | Body: Blank | | Can someone tell my why? I just delete them. | Thanks | ...

Empty (NUll) value in cell, not empty string?
I have cell (D1) with this formula: =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(C1,Navne,2,FALSE)),"";VLOOKUP(C1,Navne,2,FALSE)) If C1 is N/A, it returns an empty string. The problem is, you cant multiply an empty string. So my next formula =D1*10 it gives me a VALUE error. I would like to give me a 0 in stead. I know I can change ti formula to insert a zero instead of the "", but is there other way you can do it? I would like to avouid the zero-value in D1. I know I can make conditonal formatting of D1, or suppress the showing of zeros. Jan I forgot to say, the reason I cannot use a zero in ...

Macro to take to last line and insert new row with number
Hi all, I'm looking to get a macro to take me to the last active row in column A and then insert a new row, with the next number then appearing in the first cell of the newly inserted row (for example cell A27 has the number 27 in it and I want the number 28 to automatically appear in cell A28 when the new row is inserted). The trouble is that my rows above have merged cells in Column A - does this cause a problem when trying to get the next number to appear when I insert a new row? I also want the new row to have black text around all the boxes from column A to column Z....