empty rows at bottom of worksheet

My worksheet has about 66,000 empty rows at the bottom of the sheet and that
affects my usage of the scrollbar on the right of the screen. Anyone know how
i can get rid of those miscellaneous rows?
0
G1 (145)

Michael

If you will turn on the page break preview (piece of paper with a magnifying
glass) which is the icon on the on the Standard Toolbar to the right of the
Printer icon it will show you exactly what is going to print.  There are
solid blue lines that the edge of the page, the dashed blue lines are soft
page breaks.  Find the solid blue line at the bottom of the spreadsheet and
drag it up to the bottom of the document.  Everything in white is what will
print, everything is grey will not print.  See if this helps.

Becky

"michael g" wrote:

> My worksheet has about 66,000 empty rows at the bottom of the sheet and that
> affects my usage of the scrollbar on the right of the screen. Anyone know how
> i can get rid of those miscellaneous rows?
0
Becky (52)
1/18/2005 8:57:04 PM
Michael

You cannot get rid of those rows, but you can reset the used range that
affects the scrollbar travel.

Find your end of data and select the row below.

SHIFT + END + DownArrow to select all rows below.

Edit>Delete>Entire Rows.

Same for all columns to the right of data.

Save the workbook at this point.  You may have to close then re-open to see
changes.

For more on this subject see Debra Dalgleish's site.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlfaqApp.html#Unused

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 12:41:01 -0800, michael g <michael
g@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>My worksheet has about 66,000 empty rows at the bottom of the sheet and that
>affects my usage of the scrollbar on the right of the screen. Anyone know how
>i can get rid of those miscellaneous rows?

0
Gord

linkingof charts in worksheets to cells
Hi Friends, I have copied some charts into the worksheets which I want to link to cells in the first sheet.I have too many charts to copy and paste into the worksheets.Is it possible to copy numerous charts into seperate worksheets (about 100 charts) as the charts are very large in size and link them to each cell in the first sheet. thanking you for you help ...

Frozen worksheet section to show on all other worksheets
I have created a "Navigation" tab that has buttons using macros that take you to all the other tabs in my workbook. I used VBA code to hide all my tabs except for the Navigation one. This way I can click on button that take you to the tab but its all seamless to the viewer and makes it more like a dashboard. The problem is that I have to keep going back to the dashboard to choose another tab or add all the buttons to every tab. Is there a way to permanently split the windows or show that appropriate area of the navigation page at the top of every tab so i have all...

Empty the Inbox
Is there a better way to empty all messages in the Inbox than holding down the Cntrl key? Just used the laptop after several months, and it downloaded all the old emails on the server. Using Windows Outlook Express. -- kbob This is not the Outlook Express newsgroup, but anyway: If you want to delete all the Inbox messages, highlight one header viewing in the Preview Pane, and Ctrl + A will highlight them all. Delete all in one motion. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "k. bob" <kbob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

Count of the row
Hi, i have this sheet which contains user information. User name in the sheets are repeated. I have used pivot tables to display this data. However, I also want a column which shows the total number of users. Currently, when I select "Count of user name" in the pivot, it counts all the existing user names but i want it to display only distinct user name (i.e), it should not count the repeated the username. Please help. Regards, Navin Take a look at Debra Dalgleish's suggestion: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot07.html#Unique navin wrote: > > Hi, > > i have th...

Looping until empty column
Here is my dilemma. I can do VBA in Access, but for some reason I jus don't get it in excel. What I want to do is go down a column and stor that info in a variable. I want this to happen untill there is no mor data. Once I have that data I want to go to another page and store th data in an empty column. I want the program to auto. find the empt column. Thank You in advance. thegu -- thegu ----------------------------------------------------------------------- theguz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2491 View this thread: http://www.excelforum....

Copy compare worksheets
Need some help thinking this one through. What I would like to do is copy a daily worksheet to a Weekly worksheet that will be an accumliation of the daily worksheets. The trick here is the daily information mostly text data often times includes not new data but just updated data that would need to be updated on the weekly spreadsheet. Sometimes the data is in fact new and will need to also be added to the weekly worksheet.. Looking for help in how best to do this with Macro..Dont think consolidation works as not adding up data but rather adding new rows and updating information thanks for...

row and column labels #2
When opening a worksheet the row and column labels automatically appear as numbers instead of letters for columns and numbers for rows. What can I do? I found the answer to this question. You need to go into tool/options/general and uncheck the box next to R1:C1 "aron" wrote: > When opening a worksheet the row and column labels automatically appear as > numbers instead of letters for columns and numbers for rows. What can I do? Tools, Options, General, uncheck 'R1C1 reference style' Have a great day, Francis Hayes (The Excel Addict) http://www.TheExcelAddict....

pst file appears empty
Hello all! I have a 450 MB pst file, that appears empty in OL98. I have run scanpst several times, did not help. I changed the first byte of the file from 21 to 00 with a hex editor and ran scanpst, it did report errors, fixed them and still no help. I tried exmerge, which reported succesful import, but did not actually retrieve anything from the pst file. Mdbvu32 also shows that the stuff is in there. It seems that the problem is quite common, but does anyone have a solution, how to fix it. Please help! Harri ...

Empty Cell not empty
If I use the following formula: =IF(B25="","",B25+C25) in Column U all the way down to Row 20000 to create a new value... (Column B has a date and Column C has a Time) and then copy and paste Column U to Column T as values, I see empty cells in Column T once my data runs out (presently around Row 40. However....if I use the CountA function,it is telling me that I have data in Column T all the way down to Row 20000. Since this combined Date/Time is being used as X Axis data it is screwing up the graph because Excel thinks those cells are Jan 1, 1900 when in fact...

Lookup value in a table from a different worksheet
Hello What is the formula for Lookup value in a table which is in different worksheet? thank you Hi, Without a description of what your trying to do all that can be offered is general help and I suggets this. Start your formula manually with =lookup( and then navigate to the lookup value (say) a1 of sheet 1 and Excel will correctly input the syntax of =lookup(Sheet1!A1 manualy enter the comma and then navigate again to the lookup vector and once again Excel will enter the correct syntax for that range. Carry on until the formula is complete -- Mike When co...

Merging rows
office 2003 excel How can I merge two rows into one row? Also... where is that in help? I spent about 45 minutes trying to find it. Thanks John if you want to merge A1:A10 and B1:B10, select C1:C10 and type in C1 =A1&B1 and ctrl+enter. Neo Cheung wrote: > if you want to merge A1:A10 and B1:B10, select C1:C10 and type in C1 > =A1&B1 and ctrl+enter. > Thanks... works great. Now, how do I get it to be just the data and not the reference to the other rows. thanks John Hi John, To eliminate the formula leaving only the value --- select column C, Ctrl+C (edit, copy), ...

Select every other Row to copy/cut????
How do I select every other row on a large Excel Document? This is easy... Simply hold down CTRL while clicking on the row number. -- Anne Murray "Too much data - Too little time" wrote: > How do I select every other row on a large Excel Document? I do this with a helper column. In the helper column, I enter =mod(row(),2) The result is wither 0 or 1. Autofilter the data and delete either 0 or 1 (whatever you want). Keep in mind that when you delete the data, it will recalculate. Remove the autofilter and the helper column and VIOLA (I know I spelled it wrong), y...

delete empy rows
Hi, I have a sheet with 3000 lines, I am using only thre coomns A, B, C How can I delete all rows that has empty cells in colomn C i.e. row 5 contains Sam in colomn A , 2 in colomns B , nothing in colomn C. I want to delete this row row 6 contains 3 in colomn A, nothing in colomns B, 34 in colomn C. I want to keep this row. can this be done Khalil Try this on a *spare* copy .. Select col C Press F5 > Special > Blanks > OK Right-click on the selection > Delete > Entire row > OK -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>y...

Empty Excel file is too large
I have deleted all sheets, and contents from my excel file, but it's still 2Meg in size. When I zip it, it's only 90K Bytes. (A blank excel file is usually 90K Bytes) Why is my empty file so large? It was originally 5 Meg, and I deleted all sheets, formulas, and VB codes. Right now there is nothing (except one empty sheet), but the size is still 2M. Please respond. Sometimes what I find is that Excel counts unused rows as part of the file size. So what I do is highlight all the rows from the first unused one to the last one, i.e. ctrl+g to bring up the goto box, then Ax:a65536,...

Contacts dialogue box shows up empty
I have an issue with Outlook Pro installed on my main PC that is not recognizing contacts. They are all there, but when I try to send an email, and I select "to" the contacts dialogue box shows up empty. Thanks in advance, Jay Is the Contacts folder selected as an Address List? http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/contactsinaddressbook.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -FREE tool; QuickMail. Create new Outlook items anywhere from within Windows -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data ----- "Jay" <nospam_doctorpep...

Seperating worksheets
I have a workbook with about 15 worksheets in it. Is there a quick way to automatically seperate all 15 into single workbooks. or do I have to go 1 by 1? Thanks, Steve Hi Steve Try this macro It will save each sheet in a seperte wornook in C:\ Sub test() Dim a As Integer Dim wb As Workbook Application.ScreenUpdating = False For a = 1 To ThisWorkbook.Worksheets.Count ThisWorkbook.Sheets(a).Copy Set wb = ActiveWorkbook wb.SaveAs "C:\" & wb.Sheets(1).Name & ".xls" wb.Close False Set wb = Nothing Next a ...

Delete Duplicate Rows ??
Is there a function that will find duplicate entries and delete them? For example, if B7 = B8 then delete row 7 (or 8)? Maybe a macro I could write? Or better yet, maybe somebody has already written something I could "borrow". Any help would be greatly appreciated. Bob Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/deleting.htm#DeleteDuplicateRows -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany InOverMyHead wrote: > Is there a function that will find duplicate entries and delete them? > For example, if B7 = B8 then delete row 7 (or 8)? Maybe a macro I > could write? Or better yet...

Worksheet protection #2
I have a protected worksheet (not the whole workbook) that I need to unprotect, but I don't have the password. Please help http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html http://www.elkraft.ntnu.no/~huse/xlpassword.htm -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy Jackie <mirosj@mottchc.org> wrote in message news:039601c37e12$d25d0b10$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have a protected worksheet (not the whole workbook) that > I need to unprotect, but I don't have the password. > Please help ...

ignoring empty???
Hi all, one of my students presented me with the following: "I get a list from another application. There is a column that has either value "yes" or looks like empty. Now, when I want to jump to the next row that has value "yes" I use the shortcut key Ctrl+ArrowDown. However, sometimes when a cell looks like empty there may be a space, with the result that when I need to jump to the next "yes" cell I end up in a cell that has a space. (one that looks empty) So, I used the function Trim to get rid of all the superfluous spaces in an extra column. And al...

combine worksheets from 2 excel files
Anyone know how to take 2 excel files and combine all worksheets into one file. i.e. 3 worksheets in one, 3 in another, all with complex formulas (relating only to other cells in that worksheet). How do I convert to a single file Thank anan Open both WBs. Select (group) all 3 sheets of one of the WBs and right click in the tabs. Choose "Move or Copy", And expand the "To Book" box and click on the name of the other WB. Then <OK>. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ===...

How to retrieve all data of a table(with only 3 rows and 3Columns) in only one row in a view?
Hi i have a table table1 in sql server database with 3 columns and 3 Rows like Column1 Column2 Column3 Data 11 Data 12 Data 13 Data 21 Data 22 Data 23 Data 31 Data31 Data 33 i would like to create a view view1 based on table1 which retrieve data like Column1 Column2 Column3 Column1 Column2 Column3 Column1 Column2 Column3 Data 11 Data 12 Data 13 D...

How to collect unique rows only using formulas?
Hi, is there any other ways of collecting unique data (anything, not just numbers) from a verti column and transpose it to hori row? example from qwerty1 qwerty1 qwerty2 qwerty2 qwerty2 qwerty3 qwerty3 to qwerty1 qwerty2 qwerty3 in php there's ways for me to do it through arrays' functions. but i want to avoid using vba because i also want to be able to use autofill to do the job. can it be done? i've tried adding another column to the left and using an if(r1=r2,,count(r$1:r1)+1), this would create a index like skipping all the dub rows. then using vlookup to tran...

emailing worksheet...
I have a multi-tab worksheet, but I only want to send out via email 2 or 3 tabs, not my working pages. Can I just send 2 or 3 tabs or do I have to always (weekly) copy and paste my tabs with changes to a new work sheet in order to send via email? I have tried grouping only tabs I want to send, but the whole worksheet is sent via email. I am at a loss...Help?!? -- S. Marks Sacramento CA Hi S.Marks Many examples here http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm See also the sheet template http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/templates.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://w...

Protect a worksheet
I have worksheet protection setup on a excel worksheet. I want to know if there is a way to prevent users from highlighting the page and creating their own worksheet so they can make changes. As of right now, the worksheet prevents any changes but people have been highlighting, copying and pasting to a new worksheet so they can make changes. Is there a way to prevent this? Thanks, Jasper "Jaz" <jrecto99@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uQFtaYgEGHA.1032@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... >I have worksheet protection setup on a excel worksheet. > > I want to know if there i...

empty in box
How do I empty my in box without moving everything to delete first? I can't find a "select all" choice. Can anyone share how to do this? Thanks, Linda Highlight one message header. Ctrl+A will highlight them all. Shift | Delete will bypass Deleted Items. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC17754D-E900-4E78-8F3F-766F73CB3410@microsoft.com... > How do I empty my in box without moving everything to delete first? I > can't > f...