Embed Fonts on Excel File

I have a font for GDT symbols installed on my PC, there
is no problem to display and print this document from my
PC, but when I try on another PC which do not have
installed the GDT font, this is missed.

on solution could be install GDT font on all PC where is
needed, but not always is possible to do it

how can I save the font with the excel file?
on office word there is an option to embed fonts on
document (save options) to avoid this situation

anybody help me
..

0
anonymous (74722)

You can do it in word, but not excel.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

packager can not package empty files
what does this mean? What are you doing when you get the message? -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "packager can not display" <packager can not display@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:453E99EE-7B0C-419D-A1E3-015E1BEC8CC4@microsoft.com... > what does this mean? This same error message started showing up today on 90% of the computers in our school computer lab while trying...

Excel worksheet
When excel opens it is in a foreign language. Is there a correction method for this? Check your Windows regional settings and language. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "ToBeTheBest" <ToBeTheBest@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74E6B942-7AFA-43B6-A4CB-429BF880A489@microsoft.com... > When excel opens it is in a foreign language. Is there a correction > method > for this? ...

Printing frames in excel
How do I automotically print Excel worksheets with a frame /borde around them -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I don't think that this is built into excel. But a lot (a few???) printers can print borders (as well as watermarks). You may want to check your printer to see if that's built in. If it's not you could add borders to each sheet. I would think the easiest way would be to: View|Page Break Preview (reduce the zoom factor--big enough to see, but small enough to see lots) Then select the range on each page and format|cells|border tab|Outline. Remember i...

Font changes on its own
Why does my font change unexpectedly when the email is sent in Outlook 2002? I also have all recent service packs through SP3. I use HTML. I've tried the Mail Format tab options to change the fonts to always use my fonts and set everything to 10pt arial. It still arbitrarily changes its font size for no reason somtimes. Can anyone help please? ...

Media Player 11 in Windows XP multiple file playing problem
When I open several AVI or MPG files at once with the media player, after one file finishes and the next starts, video is lost, only audio sounds. The movie is playing but no video. If I switch resolutions or stop and play again I can regain video. Any idea Try updating your video card drivers to their latest version. Don't just check Windows Update, but the manufacturer's website too. Regards -- Tim De Baets http://www.bm-productions.tk Victory wrote: > When I open several AVI or MPG files at once with the media player, after one > file finishes and the ne...

Format cells in Excel 2003
I have column A with text & column B blank or with percentages. I would like column A to be formated bold when column B is blank! Example: Now What I would like A B A B smith "Blank" smith(bold) "Blank" mark 0% mark(norm) 0% 1. click on A1 2. Format > Conditional Formating... > Formula is > =b1="" 3. pick Bold 4. copy this format down the column -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200903 "Mazin H&...

how can I create a shared workspace in Excel 2003?
I need to create a shared workspace in excel 2003 but I don't know how. Also I need to know what is sharepoint ? ...

Access Linked to Excel Producing Wrong Month
Hi! I have an Access 2007 Table that I Have linked to a pivot inside of Excel 2007. I want to be able to pivot on a date field, and have identified the field with the date, when I set up the pivot. However, what is showing up in the pivot is ONLY the month (eg, NOV), instead of the full date. WHat is then happening, as my access DB contains rows with dates from several years, is that all the NOV's are being added together, regardless of year. Why is it doing this be default? How can I undo this? WHat I really want is YYYY-MM or MM-YYYY format in my pivot (I do not need to get ...

money file too big and more...
Hi, I've been a loyal Money user since the first version. My money file is now 52mb. Archiving doesn't help (goes down to 41), probably because there are so many investment transactions in there and they don't get archived. I am currently using 2003 and tried to upgrade to 2005, but my balances all ended up incorrect. Any way I can continue with my current file or do I have to start from scratch with a new file? I'd like to stick with Money, but if I have to start all over again anyway, it would be a good time to look at other programs. A few years ago, everything w...

opening excel file #2
im using office 2000 sp3. when i try to open an excel file by double click the file or right click the file then Open suddenly the excel open but no workbook open.but when i open the file through the file menu of excel or draging the file in excel, the file open. what is happened to my excel? please help Read my response at this discussion web page. they had problems with .pdf. You may be havving the same problem with .xls. Go to xls instead of pdf in my response. There is a %1 parameter that may be missing in your window explorer when opening EXCEL files. http://www.microsoft...

Font Size Problem
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have scanned some text into Word and then converted it all to Times New Roman, font size 12. However some of it is a different size although the program says its not. Even if I change fonts or sizes, that discrepancy exists. How can I get everything the same without having to retype? I used an HP Scanjet G3010 with HP Scanpro 7.4.5 (software up to date) to scan into Mac Office 2008 12.2.0 (090605) Latest update 12.2.1 which uses I.R.I.S. OCR. Scan is to rtf. After removing extraneous stuff (text had han...

Unable to open Excel file with Excel or OpenOffice
Good morning everyone, I am hoping that someone can give me a hand. Recently I downloaded a file that is work related, when I attempt to open this file with the Microsoft 2003 Excel viewer I receive the following error: "Microsoft Excel viewer cannot open files of this type". When I attempt to open the same file with Microsoft 2007 Excel viewer I receive two errors, the first says that the viewer can not find the file the I am trying to open, the second error is the same as Microsoft 2003 viewer. I have also tried opening the file with OpenOffice 2.4 and all that I get is a text im...

Using Outlook contact information in Excel 2002
Our office uses Excel 2002 to prepare invoices. We presently enter the customer name and address information by hand rather than use our Outlook Contacts database. Although we process a small number of invoices, this seems needlessly tedious, especially if the information can automatically be pulled from Outlook. Is there a way to select a customer from Outlook and have the customer name and address information inserted directly into a spreadsheet, much the way Microsoft Word does for documents? "Smart tags" may be one option. According to MS Knowledge Base Article 2891...

How to let Embed Excel WorkSheet support Excel Addins?
Hi Gurus I wrote an application which has an embed excel table. I tried to allow user using "Solver" and "Data Analysis" addins when they working on this table. But when I click on "Solver", it will report an runtime error and "Data Analysis" just do nothing(No dialog popup). I tested this two addins on Microsoft Word (by insert a Excel Table in word document), same problem happened. Is this mean embed excel worksheet can not using Addins? Is there any solution on this? Robin Thanks "Robin Wei" <robin@softwaresecure.com> д���ʼ� ...

embed dialog into another dialog
how can be done? thanks what do you mean 'embed'??? you can open a dialog from another dialog just like you would open it from another application. "Mastupristi" <cialdi_NO_SP@M_firenze.net> wrote in message news:20040728165812.00003ab8.cialdi_NO_SP@M_firenze.net... > how can be done? > > thanks On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 11:51:50 -0400 "Dave" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote: > what do you mean 'embed'??? you can open a dialog from another dialog > just like you would open it from another application. I mean that I wand to define 2 dia...

File Server
Hi, I m using windows 2003 Server for file server.i have atleast 30 computer which is connted with file server through window 2003 Domain controller. 2 windows xp machine always hang 20 to 30 mintue of interval. why its happening. can u help me????????? event id 5 on windows xp machine. Hello Jiwan, Let's start with an unedited ipconfig /all from a problem client and the DC/DNS servers. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups ...

changing font sizes without changing cell sizes
i have a large spreadsheet on which i need to font sizes smaller. the text is too large and runs across cells. when i select all and decrease the font size for the worksheet, everything gets smaller, including the row height. i would like to change the font size without changing the cell size. is this possible? I just tried it in Excel 2000. Cell height & width did NOT change. What version of Excel are you using? "sam lipman" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89BD11E1-4F17-4924-B341-B384147A69DC@microsoft.com... > i have a large spreadsheet on...

Revised dates in excel
How can I add a date that automatically updates every time it is opened excel (I can do it in Word, but not in excel In a cell enter =TODAY() This will update each day. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 10:14:02 -0700, Fifee <Fifee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I add a date that automatically updates every time it is opened excel >(I can do it in Word, but not in excel =TODAY() in a cell should update each time it is opened. "Fifee" wrote: > How can I add a date that automatically updates every time it is opened excel > (I can...

Excel runs, but files will not open
Hi all- If I try to open an excel file from a folder or explorer, Excel will run, but the file will not open. I do not get an error message. But, if I open excel, and then go File-->Open--> Excel file, then the file will open. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling Office(SBE 2003), but that did not work. I did just try the 'excel.exe /regserver' solution, but that did not work and I got an error: "One of your object librarie (stdole32.tlb) is missing or damaged. Please run setup to install it. Though the command excel.exe /regserver did finish what ever it was doing a...

How to set the font of the CEdit Class?
Hello,All: I wanna set the font of the CEdit class,but I don't know how I can set it,if there's anybody who knows about it,please tell me,thanks in advance! Carl SetFont()? Make sure your Font object lives as long as your control (ie declare it in your control/Dialog class as a private member). -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Carl" <carl8421@126.com> wrote in message news:OazvX30LFHA.2252@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hello,All: > > I wanna set the font of the CEdit class,but I don't know how I can set it,if > there's anybody who ...

Personal Information and Fonts
Is it possible to specify a particular font always to be used with a specific item of personal information. For example: Organization Name is always in Copperplate Gothic Light? Thanks, Martye Use the Font Schemes options, you can make your own through the Styles and Formatting. It would be as simple as clicking on the font scheme and the personal information will change to that style. Help will show you the way... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Martye" <abuse@earthlink.net> wrote in message n...

export lotus notes nsf files into outlook
I am going to switch from Lotus Notes to Outlook. How do I export my emails from Lotus Notes and import them into Outlook???? I wish there was a way, but since Lotus Notes is such a shitty program I haven't found a way to export ----- sennefan@hotmail.com wrote: ---- I am going to switch from Lotus Notes to Outlook. How do I export my emails from Lotus Notes and import them into Outlook??? ...

Word 2008: fonts gone missing (Help!)
Hi everyone, I've just installed Office 2008. After launching Word I noticed that some of my fonts are missing in Word. I checked the fonts in my library (with Fontbook) and they were all there. Also in other apps, the fonts are still selectable. So it seems that all my fonts are still on my mac, but Word just doesn't show all of them in the drop down menu. Now the weird part: When I type in the name of one of these 'missing' fonts in the drop down menu, Word does find it and even lets me use it. Does any of you have an idea of how I can convince Word to show all fonts ...

WinExplorer info to Excel
If I open My Computer (Windows 2000 Professional) in Details View, I can view the contents of any given folder or drive, with columns for filename, size, date created, date Modified, Author, etc. My question is, is there any way to get this information into an Excel worksheet? I have used another database explorer program (Invitrogen Vector NTI 10) which has a button called "camera" which does this. Thank you for your time and attention -- Anne Murray You can do it if you want to use "DOS" commands: Go to "START" - "ACCESSORIES" - "COMMAND...

How do I delete the last character in a field in Excell?
for some reason when i export my contacts to a csv the email addresses are not separted by a comma but by a semicolon. i used the formula that seperates first name and last name together into two seperate columns searching for semicolon instead of space. the result is that a proportion of the email addresses are suffixed by a semicolon. how do i delete the semicolon? thanks Hi You could just use Find/Replace for this to keep life simple. Andy. "andrewcodd" <andrewcodd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C58BCDAC-C7BF-4340-9D64-E3F1880E6F36@microsoft....