Email Spreadsheet As Attachment?

Is there a way to email one spreadsheet of a workbook file as an
attachment in Excel 2003?

I don't want to email the whole workbook file and I don't want to email
the spreadsheet in the body of the email, and these seem to be the only
other options available.

I would like to be able to do this without using an addin or other
method outside the standard ones available in Excel.

Thanks!

0
Bob

Select the Sheet you want to save - then select "Save As" then selec
Comma Seperated Values (CSV) or Tabbed and follow the directions.
Then the end user should be able to open and import the file int
Excel.
Make a copy of your workbook prior to doing the above incase th
results are not what you want

--
wjohnso
wjohnson's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2964

Bob

Copy the one sheet to a new workbook and save.

Email that workbook as an attachment.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On 27 Dec 2005 12:41:49 -0800, Bob@1800-mail.com wrote:

>Is there a way to email one spreadsheet of a workbook file as an
>attachment in Excel 2003?
>
>I don't want to email the whole workbook file and I don't want to email
>the spreadsheet in the body of the email, and these seem to be the only
>other options available.
>
>I would like to be able to do this without using an addin or other
>method outside the standard ones available in Excel.
>
>Thanks!
0
Gord
12/27/2005 9:25:44 PM
I'm hoping there is a method that doesn't require me to first save the
worksheet as a separate file.  I would like to be able to send it as an
email attachement from within the open workbook.

The workbook file has already been saved and I just want to email as an
attachement one of the spreadsheets in the workbook.

0
Bob
12/27/2005 9:40:42 PM
Save your workbook first - then do a "SAVE AS"
Then when you close the workbook - and the ? is do you want to sav
changes "select NO.

--
wjohnso
wjohnson's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2964
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49626

Not without using an Add-in which you stated you did not want.

Gord

On 27 Dec 2005 13:40:42 -0800, Bob@1800-mail.com wrote:

>I'm hoping there is a method that doesn't require me to first save the
>worksheet as a separate file.  I would like to be able to send it as an
>email attachement from within the open workbook.
>
>The workbook file has already been saved and I just want to email as an
>attachement one of the spreadsheets in the workbook.
0
Gord
12/28/2005 12:18:21 AM
Ok, I changed my mind and would like to use an add-in since there isn't
an alternative other than saving and creating a new file.

Do you have an add-in link?

Thanks!

0
Bob
12/28/2005 3:14:03 PM
Ron de Bruin has an addin that you may like:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/add-in.htm

If you want more control (by writing your own), Ron has tons of sample code:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm

--

Dave Peterson
0

Attachments in e-mail sent to many users
Hello All I am trying to find out how to send an e-mail attachment to a lot of different contacts in CRM 3.0. We were told there was a way but the instructions don't work. The e-mail goes to all the receipents but no attachment is every sent. Can someone please give me directions on how this is done. -- Thanks ...

view email maximised
I've just upgraded to OE v6. When I double-click on an email to read it, the window returned is too small to be useful. How do I get maximised windows automatically when reading emails ? Cheers. ...

Excell attachement do no shows up
I got an e-mail in Outlook from someone and it is supposed to have an attachement of something in Excel, but I don't see the attachment anywhere in the Outlook window, and I don't even know where to find the attachment to open it. I do have Office 2003, but never have used Excell. Any advise on how to find the attachemnt? Thanks in advance. Octavio, This question would be better asked in an Outlook newsgroup, not an Excel newsgroup. That said, are you sure that the sender actually attached the file? -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, ...

unable to receive email from a certain user
I have a problem where I am not receiving email from a certain user within our organization. I am able to receive all other mail, from other users, but when this user sends me mail.. I never get it. It shows as sent from the sender, and I dont have any rules in place that would be moving it from the inbox. Any thoughts?! Please help!! -Justin is the user able to reply to mail sent 'from' you? have they got the correct spelling of your name etc? "Justin" <jhenretta@pwlink.com> wrote in message news:066801c3aeed$4bd6db00$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I have a problem wh...

Outlook 2000 won't delete emails
"The messaging interface has returned an unknown error" It says, helpfully. It leaves emails still sitting in the Inbox that I want to consign to the delete box. Oddly enough, if I go to another folder and delete something there, it will sometimes work - and then even allow me to delete a message or two from the Inbox before reverting to the error message. I've removed Outlook and re-installed it, with no improvement. No idea why this problem has arisen - it was fine till yesterday and I've not altered anything in the meantime. Any ideas? ...

Editing emails
Hi there We recently moved to Outlook 2003 and not only can you edit the subject line, but if you right click on the message and select Edit Message you can edit the message. This replaces what was originally sent to you. We would like to disable this feature before users accidentally discover it. Can it be disabled? Thanks in advance. Kylie B All versions of Outlook have always worked this way -- as do other mail = programs. Once the user receives the message, it's theirs to do with as = they wish. If you want to restrict that, you would need to add a layer = of message security...

How do I stop saving attachments with sent mail?
I have many >5 Mb attachments in my sent mail and archive sent mail folders. As I understand it there is no facility to afterwards strip the attachment but keep the mail. So how do I change my Outlook 2003 settings so that I do not save the attachment when sending mail? regards, Beemer To strip the attachment open the message from your Sent Items folder rightclick the attachment and choose Remove. Save and close the message. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Se...

Plain Text email unreadable
I previously used WinXP & O2K3. Recently I reloaded my machine with Vista & O2K3. New installation, not upgrade. Ever since the switch, emails from one specific sender are being received and are unreadable. The emails are in plain text and the header is readable but the body of the emails are garbage. I have viewed the emails via webmail and they look fine. when I open outlook and download the messages into my local PST they are unreadable. I am using the same version of O2K3 and can't figure this out. I am able to receive plain text emails from other senders ...

Email rules.
Hello, I added an second email account in my smtp setting as secondary and created a rule in my outlook to forward emails received to this second SMPT to a group of users. This work fine but it will be better to have this done by the Exchange 2000 server. Is there a way to do this at the Exchange server level? and not from outlook so if my outlook is not open it will still forward those emails. Thanks. You could create a Distribution List and assign it that smtp email address. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog -----------------------------------------...

Help! Large emails vanished!
Environment: Exchange Server 2003 on Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard I am investigating the frequent disappearance of emails for some users. The Message Tracking Centre shows that the message was received. However, I could not found the email in the users' mailbox. Checked that no auto-rule are enabled. Checked Exchange Email Journaling - no such emails. Yet, the message tracking centre shows that there such email exists. I think it's not the sender/subject of the emails as the user could receive other emails from the same sender and subject title. The common factor tha...

lost emails #4
None of my emails in my inbox are being saved. Once I close out of a message and open the next they are being automatically deleted. How do I stop this? Also, I'm assuming the ones I've lost so far are gone for good??? Sounds like your View setting has been set at "Unread Messages". Go to View on the top bar and tick "Messages". Should do the trick and you should get all your emails 'back' Lee <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0bf701c3d6c5$68a4d480$a301280a@phx.gbl... > None of my emails in my inbox are being saved. ...

don't want to print headers of email
If I receive an email from somebody that is sent to say 100+people. When I go to print that email, I get 2/3 of a page with the header information (to, from, subject, etc). Is there anyway to turn off or suppress the printing of headers of an email in Outlook to save ink/paper? Thanks, Darren ...

Manipulating a spreadsheet
Hi, I have a challenge... I have to take an existing spreadsheet, that looks something like this: Column A Column B Column C Column D Employee Code1 Code2 Code3 John Doe EEW HGF NBD The assumptions are that there is 1 row per employee. Each employee may have several codes associated with him or her. In this case, there are 3 codes associated with John Doe. My task is to convert the spreadsheet so that the report will create a new row for each code, per employee, and list the code&...

email broken up into multiple attached text files on emails with multiple images
Hi There, I am encountering a fairly annoying problem with emails I am receiving with Outlook 2003 and that that have been sent from a Macintosh using the latest version of AppleMail. The emails have multiple image attachements (all coming though fine, although not in line which is how they have been sent) but the text of the email is broken up into text files that are attached. The first section of text in the email (ie before the first image) comes through fine, but the text after the first image in in an attachment, then the text after the second image is in another, seperate at...

merge email outlook 2003
Help, I am trying to complete an email merge. Everything goes great until sending - I can only 25 about 25 messages then Outlook 'freezes' and send me an error message: "Sending' reported error (0x800CCC78) : 'Unable to send the message. Please verify the e-mail address in your account properties. The server responded: ?S2 4.5.3 No more transactions allowed.'" My Internet Server says they are not the problem in fact I have a 'business account' and should have a fairly large message limit (certainly extremely larger than my currant project). ...

Multiple Attachments using command line swtches
I'm trying to figure out a way to launch a new e-mail message, with multiple file attachments, from the command line. I know how to do it with a single attachment, using the following method: outlook.exe /a c:\document.doc I've tried a number of permutations of this syntax to try to attach multiple files, such as using quotes, commas, semi-colons, but none of them seem to work. Any ideas? TIA - Dave You can't. You might want to use a compressing program first that generates a single .zip file out of all the attachments and attach that by the command line switch. -- Robe...

Automate Email Notification when Assigning Case to a CRM Queue
Using CRM 4, how can we automate an email being sent to an email address when a case gets assigned to a crm queue? I tried creating a workflow rule on the Queue entity to send an email when a new record is created but that really is only when creating a new queue, not an item in the queue. Any suggestions? The workaround I am using is let the workflow on a case creation event, assign the case to a queue and then send an email. This requires a field listing the queues that is selected in the Case. I still would like to have the ability to email after the Case is assigned to a queue. ...

Attachments #3
Hi, I have a question, where are allocated the attached files on CRM 3.0? Thanks. Ing. Mauricio Ramírez Consultor CRM MultiConsulting S.A. de C.V. http://www.multiconsulting.com.mx ...

autocomplete email addresses #3
OL 2002 SP3, Win XP HE Hi, I would like to delete the file used by OL to "autocomplete" with email addresses the "To:" field in email massages--(only that field/function) as I would like to start a new one fresh. Can anyone tell me where to find it--I forget its name and location. Tx. S find the .NK2 file under C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook Rename the old file (just to have a backup), or you can delete all together. Next time Outlook restarts it will build a new .NK2 file. Hope this helps -MJM find the .NK2 file under C:\Documents a...

multiple email addresses 11-07-07
CRM has a few email addresses that can be defined for a contact right out of the box. How do we tell the system to use an address other then 'email' for the delivery of a message? My question pertains to manual emails in the crm web app, automated workflows and templates from the contact list. ...

linking spreadsheets to each other
When I recieve a spreadsheep via email that is linked to a another spreadsheet it tries to find the other spreadsheets. Other computers in my office get the message "The workbook you opened contains automatic links to information in another wookbook. Do you want to update this workbook with changes made to the other workbook?" Does anyone know how to set the program to ask for this instead of automatically looking for the linked spreadsheet? Thanks for the help. Tools | Options | Edit tab | Select "Ask to update automatic links" Regards Trevor "jhollman&...

Message Preview doesn't work correctly for every email
We have deployed Outlook 2007 to all the computers here in our office and all of us are experiencing the same problem with the message preview pane. When you click on an email in the list, the preview pane usually updates and shows the contents of the message. For some emails, however, only the header details (From, Sent, To) update after the email is clicked. The preview will show the last message that was previewed. Now comes the strange part - If i double click the message to open it in its own window, the message is displayed in the new window correctly and then the preview pane...

Send email from vba code in excel
Help! I need to write code to send a work book when it is saved or when it is closed. This is what I have but it will not send the email. I am using excel 2003. I am very new to VBA. Sub Email() Dim OutApp As Object Dim OutMail As Object email_ = Range("F5") & ";" & Range("F3") cc_ = "" subject_ = "Flagged Order" body_ = "New Flagged Order" Set OutApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Set OutMail = OutApp.CreateItem(0) With OutMail .To = email_ .Subject = subject_ .Body = body_ .CC = cc_ .Di...

TNEF attachment problem
A client of mine is using Outlook 2007 on his main PC, and has a number of clients all using Outlook 2007. When emails are sent with attachments, his netbook is having a problem with the attachments not being decoded by Outlook Express 6. Now, before you jump in and say to change the way that Outlook is formatting the messages, and all the other standard stuff about Outlook, I can receive the same emails in my copy of Outlook Express 6, and they are correctly decoded. The raw message data on his netbook refers to the winmail.dat file (I think), and to tnef encoding. On mine, in...

email account config
Is it possible that when a user gets a reply, he/she will only see the reply and NOT the history of the message? sort of SMS type of configuration. PS have Outlook 2007 and Exchange 2003 Thanks, Raul Rego NJPIES This setting can be controlled in OL 2007- E-mail Options. -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2009 Microsoft Certified Partner "Raul" <jjkgr@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#Y18gUz1KHA.4724@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Is it possible that when a user gets a reply, he/she will only see the > reply and NOT the hi...