Edit Within a Cell

In order to edit within a cell, I know I can press the F2
key on the keyboard.  Isn't there a key combination that
also allows you to edit data within a cell as well?

Thank you
0
anonymous (74722)

you can double click within the actual cell. that opens all formulas and
allows you to modify as needed.

"Karen" wrote:

> In order to edit within a cell, I know I can press the F2
> key on the keyboard.  Isn't there a key combination that
> also allows you to edit data within a cell as well?
>
> Thank you

0
dandigger (19)
11/17/2004 9:29:04 PM
you can double click within that cell and it opens all formulas and allows
you to modify as needed.

"Karen" wrote:

> In order to edit within a cell, I know I can press the F2
> key on the keyboard.  Isn't there a key combination that
> also allows you to edit data within a cell as well?
>
> Thank you

0
dandigger (19)

cell format #11
Hello, Can anyone help? If i export from Access to Excel i can get the cell in Excel to look like this: Joe Bannister 123 Holly Lane Spa England The cell format is general with wrap text. Does anyone know how to do this in Excel without exporting from Access? I've tried wrapping text, different formats etc but nothing works. One thing i did notice is that when i right clicked the cell and chose format cells the content of the cell was the whole text but with square boxes seperating the parts as above. Any help appreciated. Cheers Joe If you're trying to type more than...

How to format a cell from date to week?
Dear all, How to format a cell date like "2009-12-10" to year /week format "YYYYWW" = 200950? Also how to determine number of weeks between 2 weeks like from 200950 to 201002 = 5 weeks? BR//nginhong You cannot achieve this with cell formatting. Excel does not support weeks in a date format. To change a date to yyyyww, use: =year(a1)*100+weeknum(a1) The number of weeks difference between two of these cells, use: =(int(a2/100)-int(a1/100))*52+(mod(a2,100)-mod(a1,100)) This calculates to 4 weeks, not 5, just as the difference between 201001 and 2010...

How to open embedded documents in excel cells?

pasting non-contiguous range of cells to new row, same cell locati
I need a paste macro that will paste a non-contiguous range of cells (ie "A1:B1,G1") to the current row in the same column locations (ie "A5:B5,G5"), assuming current row is 5th row. Does anyone have code for this need that you can share? Try this Sub test() Range("A1:B1").Copy Cells(ActiveCell.Row, "A") Range("G1").Copy Cells(ActiveCell.Row, "G") End Sub -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Not excelling at macros" <Not excelling at macros@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:349879...

editting auto recovery

format a cell as running time
Hello All, I have a simple question I cannot figure out. I would like to keep a spreadsheet of my workouts(running) . I have columns "Total Time" and Split Time(s)" (multiple of these) How would I format a cell as running time? i.e. 22.20.93 and say one of the splits is 2.28.03 (two minutes etc...) Thanks for any suggestions, Homer One way: Format/Cell/Number/Custom mm:ss.00 then enter 2:28.03 In article <94D844C9-A8C9-42FC-91DF-BCDD252ACC6E@microsoft.com>, "Homer" <Homer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello All, > I hav...

How can I prevent printing if a cell is empty?
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to create a form that cannot b printed if specified cells are empty? I would really appreciate an help. Thanks, Ro -- Ron ----------------------------------------------------------------------- RonC's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1495 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26587 Hi Ron You can copy this event in the Thisworkbook module for A1 on "sheet1" Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) If ActiveSheet.Name = "Sheet1" Then I...

Excel VBA
Is there a macro that can be used to round, say to 2 decimal places, number of highlighted cells, say a column -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi you may try the following code: sub foo() dim rng as range dim c as range set rng = selection for each c in selection if IsNumeric (c.value) then c.value = Round(c.value,2) end if next end sub Highlight your column and invoke this macro -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Is there a macro that can be used to round, say to 2 decimal places, a > number of highlighted cells, say a column? > > > --- >...

BOM & Edit List

Clearing unused cells
How can I clear cells that are at the bottom and right of what I use. The cells are empty of data. What I want is to get rid of the cells completely, and still have the option to add columns and rows as needed. I also want to add a button to clear a worksheet or one cell. Can't get the "hang"of macros.....yet. Slim Hi you can't clear these rows/columns. the best you could do is hide them 8but then you may encounter problems adding rows/columns) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany SlimPickins wrote: > How can I clear cells that are at the bottom and right of wh...

Cell grouping
Hello, This is the problem. I have 5 columns that are in this order, Date Req.#, Requestor, Dept. and notes. I need to know how to arrange th entire row where the departments are grouped together with th corresponding information. The dates are not important as this repor is quarterly; I know how to sort a column by itself but not the entir page. Thanks -- jackel JLatham Wrote: > I should add that usually Excel is smart enough to know that when you > grab > one column of information to sort, and it is contiguous with other > columns > with data in them, to grab them a...

Link To A Cell From Chart

Cells only accept 15 numbers.
Can anyone tell me how to make Excel accept more than 15 numbers in a cell. Every time I enter my Credit Card # in a cell, it always turns the last numeral to zero, regardless of what I enter as the last numeral. I tried creating a custom format of 0000-0000-0000-0000 for the cell but it still turns the last numeral to zero. Cheers Michael Precede the entry with an apostrophe or per-format cell as text -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Michael" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12b5f01c3f688$a58221e0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Can anyone tell me how ...

Editing
Hi! Could you please tell me how to remove a linked transaction within the budget planner. For example, I have a double entry under the debt category. ...

editing a drop down #2
that's not one of my choices. -- kateweb ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kateweb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16301 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=276931 what do you mean by this .. is it greyed out on the toolbar or shows "any value"? if you'ld like to tell me where you downloaded it from i can go have a look at it cheers JulieD "kateweb" <kateweb.1fictb@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:kateweb.1fictb@excelfor...

Macro to edit details
Hi, i am currently trying to create a macro regarding editing staf details on a worksheet....... therefore i recorded a macro and named it editstafflist, i highlighte my headings...and then went to 'data > form' and then had to close th form and then stop my macro. It wouldnt allow me to stop my macr whilst the dialogue box was open. Anyways after stopping the macro drew out a button and assigned this 'editstafflist' macro to it. saved my sheet and then clicked on the button, but a error '1004' kep occuring, can anyone please help me on this as i am rather stuck ...

Setting caret in edit control & activating it.
Hello Does anyone have any example code for setting and enabling the caret in an edit control ? Nicholas Take a look at the CEdit::SetSel() member function. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Nicholas Kingsley" <nickk@nildram.co.uk> wrote in message news:3f9d418a$0$106$65c69314@mercury.nildram.net... > Hello > > Does anyone have any example code for setting and enabling the caret in an > edit control ? > > Nicholas > > If you are asking how to create & use your own caret in an edit control then check...

Data collection Form Edit
We have a form which will be used almost daily, for data collection, based on a query. During the test we found a typo in one of the field labels where a brief description is included. Is there some way to edit the form? (recreating it with all the custom lables is just too long a task). Another issue on this topic, every time the form is sent, the messge reverts to the default "Please fill out the form and retunr it to me". Can this default message be changed? Nothing in the help functions. Any advice, or deirection to a learning resource will be appreciated. Thanks is adva...

saving without prompt within code
I am using this code: Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs FileName:="J:\agency\" ActiveSheet.Range("s43") End Sub to save whenever an employee changes this document. Can I have it sav without prompting the user? Thanks in advance. Tawne -- tawnee jamiso ----------------------------------------------------------------------- tawnee jamison's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1613 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27785 Hi Tawnee Workshee...

Getting a filename into VBA and putting it into cells
Basically what I have is a button that creates a new column that should be full of linked values. When the user hits the button, he is asked to select a file from his hard-drive; the code then takes the name of that file and creates a number of links in the new column. So for example: 1) User hits button and selects the closed excel file C:\Tempfiles\Testsheet.xls 2) Excel creates the new column and populates it with formulas that link to the file; in A1 it enters ='C:\Tempfiles\[Testsheet.xls]Overview'!$A$1 in A2 it enters ='C:\Tempfiles\[Testsheet.xls]Budget'...

Counting specific word occurences in a cell
Hi, I have some data people put into cells. For example I had 500 responses. I want to know how many cells have the word SHRINK in them. Not all 500 people had trouble with Shrink. So in their paragraph that they typed in the cell they may have mentioned shrink and I would like to count it. I tried =countif(A1:A500,"SHRINK") but that didn't work. Is there a way that Excel can look at a number of words in a cell and just pick out the one. Shrink is never mentioned more than once in a cell but there are other words in that cell. thanks =COUNTIF(A1:A500,"*Shrink*"...