Edit/Replace using VBA in Excel

Hi I'm a newbie and trying to implement some VBA code that automaticall
runs a the edit replace tool in a number of sheets. The problem I hav
is that I want the What:= & Replace:= values to refer to cells on a
index sheet (i.e not the activesheet).

Can anyone please help.

Thanks

Fully qualify the range object:

What:=ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Index Sheet").Range("A3").Value
Replace:= ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Index Sheet").Range("A4").Value

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP
"Froojam >" <<Froojam.17myhc@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hi I'm a newbie and trying to implement some VBA code that automatically
> runs a the edit replace tool in a number of sheets. The problem I have
> is that I want the What:= & Replace:= values to refer to cells on an
> index sheet (i.e not the activesheet).
>
> Can anyone please help.
>
> Thanks.
>

> ---

Bernie
6/10/2004 2:14:28 PM
Thanks Bernie it's working great!

Was so near yet so far

cube analysis add -in for excel and local cube
Hi Can we connect a local cube(.cub) file through the cube analysis add-in of excel? I got the error "Data source contains no visible tables" I have installed ptslite.exe and sql server 2005's analysis services ole db .msi and msxml6.msi. What else should i do? ...

excel start up #2
i have a working rota spreadsheet with dates in the columns and rota info below, how do i get it to show todays date info at start up With this file open and visible in the main Excel window, right-click on the little Excel file icon to the left of the File menu (assumes you are using xl2003) and choose View Code. Paste the following into the code area of the VBE that will open up: Private Sub Workbook_Open() Dim lngRow As Long With Sheets("Sheet1") ' amend sheet name as appropriate lngRow = Application.Match(CLng(Date), .Range("A:A")) 'amend column as ap...

Excel error message #6
I have Office 2000 on my laptop with Windows XP. When I start, and again when I exit, Excel, I get an error message: "Microsoft Visual Basic Compile error in hidden module TBrun9" How do I correct this? David Look here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;272066 In article <1340701c3f712$da6bdd80$a601280a@phx.gbl>, "David" <macconsulting@prodigy.net> wrote: > I have Office 2000 on my laptop with Windows XP. > When I start, and again when I exit, Excel, I get an error > message: > "Microsoft Visual Basic > Compil...

Using Exmerge #2
Hi there, I'm using Exmerge for the first time on an Exchange 2003 box. I was reading through the KB article 174197 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/174197/ and it says "Before you run this program, make sure that the Microsoft Outlook Client and the Microsoft Exchange Administrator program are installed on the computer that Exmerge.exe is being run on." then in the next paragraph it notes, "We recommend that you do not install Outlook on the Exchange server." So, before I go installing anything can someone please point me in the correct direction? Can I run exmerg...

Using MID function within an IF function
I have a simple spreadsheet of about 240 rows with columns as follows: Column A - name Column B - street address Column C - city, state, Zip Column D - phone number Column E - email address Column F - "Permissions" to include data in columns A-E in a directory Column F consists of 1 to 7 characters. The first position is always Y. The other odd positions can be Y, N or blank. The even positions are hyphens or blanks. Examples: Y-Y-Y-Y means OK to include all data in columns A-E in directory Y-N-Y-Y means OK to include cols A, D and E in directory Y-N-Y means OK to include cols A an...

Using fill handle on filtered data
I am new to Office 2007 and the new features in Excel. I am used to using Excel in Office 2003. I'm trying to use a feature that I've always used in Excel 2003 and for some reason the feature does not work the same way in Excel for Office 2007. I have several columns of text data, here's an example: Test Name Test Level Training 4 First 1 Second 2 Trainig 3 I created a pivot table and discovered that I mispelled the word "Training" in the fourth row. So, I filtered ...

Using VBS t o configure outlook
is it possible to create a vbs script to automatically configure outlook 2002 for user on a domain. Thanks James ...

Excel 2007
Original post: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel/browse_thread/thread/23fa6398a8747c97/b01098814db13a95?lnk=gst&q=excel+2007+cut+off&safe=images# I'm having this exact same issue!! It's been driving me insane and the IT Help Desk people at my work are useless. Does anyone know anything about this??? I ended up figuring out that it only occurs when you change the font size of the text. Anything below or above the default 11, and it doesn't matter which font (I have tried default Calibri, Verdana, Arial and a few others). I have not tried chang...

no warning file in use
Hi. I've got a question about a shared Excel file stored on Windows 2000 server. This file is accessed by two different Windows XP end users running Excel 2002 on their machines. Recently these two different end users have been accessing the same shared Excel file simultaneously without the usual file lock or warning that the file is in use. Sometimes they get the warning, sometimes not. When they don't, they assume they have rights to save to the file, only to find later on that their changes were not saved. I'm having both check for updates so that their Microsoft s...

Error code 2293 using windows live
I have an access 2003 database. within the database I click a button to send an email to the current record. This worked fine with Windows XP and Outlook Express but I get Error Code 2293 Database could send email using Windows 7 and Windows Live email. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks Dennis Dennis;111171 Wrote: > I have an access 2003 database. within the database I click a button to > send > an email to the current record. This worked fine with Windows XP and > Outlook > Express but I get Error Code 2293 Database could send email using > Windows ...

Virus Outbreak by using SMTP virtual server
Hi, The client was accidentally open approved-password.zip file then the nightmare began to spread out. It will use "system administrator" and "webmaster" as sender to inform the user that their password is grant or deny. Today, it tried to send out as NDR style. I assumed the virus on the workstation is using our smtp server. Will there a log that SMTP virtual server may generate so I can keep cross reference such as workstation or username so I can pinpoint? Any suggestion or recommendation will be appreciated. I am currently using Trend Micro Offican or Scan...

SUMPRODUCT using Time between two values
Thanks in advance for any help you can provide me. I have a sheet with the following layout of data (shortened here and changed for obvious reasons) Venue Date Event Start Event End Act Disney 4/13/10 7:00 PM 10:00 PM Goofy MSG 2/13/10 1:00 PM 3:00 PM Basketball Park 3/14/10 6:00 PM 8:00 PM Harlem Globetrotters So, what I have is a user input a Venue, Date, Time Value, and I would need the Act returned... For example, Disney, 4/13/10, 8:25:13 PM, would ou...

Excel Queries using Access data
Im trying to create a query from within Excel. When I select new database query and select a database which has no securtiy login/password, no problem, works fine. However, when I try to source the data from a database which I have created using user logins/passwords it says that I do not have admin privilages to use the database even though I am putting in the correct login/username in the popup window? Please can anyone help? I've had limited experience with this sort of thing but I've always had to strip out the protection on the Access Database and create a copy before suc...

Visio 2002 locks up when using "History"
Whenever I'm in an Open File dialog in Visio and I click on "History" (in the Look In column), I get the following error: An unexpected error ocurred: Not enough memory available to complete this operation. Close other programs to make more memory available, and then try again." Of course, I exit out of all other apps and it's still stuck in the same error, can't dismiss the error dialog. Have to end task to get out of it. Fairly annoying. Windows XP and Visio 2002 Pro, oodles of memory (1 gig) and plenty of other resources. Any ideas? Thanks. ...

Using a field from one sub form and into another subform
I have a form with tabbed subforms on it. subform1 - datefield1 subform2 - datefield1 When I fill out subform1 I then tab to subform2 and I would like the data in datefield 1 to carry over to the datefield1 in subform2. Is this possible? It is a bit unusual in a well-normalized relational database to have to store the same fact more than one time. If you'll describe a bit more specifically what having the same fact (date info?) in two places will allow you to do, folks here may be able to offer more specific suggestions. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MV...

Converting access tables to XML for use in .NET web app
I need to access tables in an .mdb file and convert them to XML for use in my ..NET 2.0 web application. Can anyone point me to any tutorials or references on how to accomplish this? (Note: I am using VB) Thanks! ...

vba password
i have created a vba project in excel long back. Now i would like to add few modules now, how would i recover my forgotten password? please help me Search the internet, there are many free tools to recover passwords Even for VBA projects. Although most of them are limited in one way or another, and it could also take a long time if the password is long. -- Wigi http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music "Subbu" wrote: > i have created a vba project in excel long back. Now i would like to add few > modules now, how would i recover my forgotten password? plea...

Excel Formulas Not Updating
For some reason when I create a new sheet, my formulas do not get updated when I change the value of a cell that si used to calculate the formula (I have to double click on the formula and then I get the right value). This problem does not occur when I make changes to files that I get from other people Try Tools / Options / Calculation / Change to Automatic if on Manual Excel takes it's calculation status from that of the first file opened after launching Excel. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 00/02...

How do I link data from two different excell files?
I have two excell spreadsheets that need to be matched up and merge a certain field. Is there a statement that wou vlookup HTH, -- Gary Brown gary.DeleteThis2SendMeAnEmail.Brown@kinneson.com "twinclstar" wrote: > I have two excell spreadsheets that need to be matched up and merge a certain > field. Is there a statement that wou ...

Searching multiple excel documents
When searching for P.O. numbers in windows 2000 basic search command I enter the *.xls in the files or folders field, and i enter the P.O. number in the Containing text field but no xls documents show up. i've selected to search through all subdirectories and am positive the P.O. number is in a xls document, as i've cut and pasted it to test this. I've tried doing alpha numeric searches that are withing xls documents and this returns nothing aswell. doing a pure text search in all documents does return positive, so my search funtion does work for containting text. does wind...

Excel Formatting to look like Project
I was raised on Primavera Teamplay so project is somewhat new to me. I need to get updates on schedules from people designated as "project leads", I have listed these people in the "contact" column in Project. I can sort by that column than copy/paste to Excel....easy enough My problem is I would ideally like that "wbs structure" or I guess in project the "summary" task to remain formatted like it looks in project ... the indentions, bolding, etc. In Primavera this was fairly easy to do, by creating a report to export data to an ASCI file then import...

Excel 2007
The dynamic names I used to utilize in Excel 2003 to define the data range for charts in my worksheets don't work anymore, because excel modifies them upon saving the file : Filename.xls!DynamicNamedRange gets changed to [0]!DynamicNamedRange for all the chart series using this syntax. Is there another syntax I can use ? Any workaround ? If the data is in a Table (new XL2007 feature); the chart is automatically dynamic best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "jcollot" <jcollot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Possible to open word documents in Excel using hyperlinks?
Hi, I wondered whether it was possible to open office documents from within MS Excel using hyperlinks to the related files. The documents in question are MS Word format. Cheers Have you try it ? Ctrl-K Existing file ...... -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "DobieM" <DobieM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DFD72F1-0F21-4414-929D-4D9307997D68@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I wondered whether it was possible to open office documents from within MS > Excel using hyperlinks to the related files. The documents in question are MS > Wor...

Insert PDF into Excel Cell?
I would like to do a MS Word mail merge using excel as the data source for a fax blast. However, I need to send a specific page to a specific fax number. I was thinking of setting up an excel document with [name, fax number, document] columns as the data source, and then merge with my word document. My concern is that each recipient get the correct (individualized) page, along with the cover sheet. Is is possible to embed a file (pdf or word) into an excel cell? That way, i could use the excel file to set up the merge (Name1, Fax Number1, Document 1; Name2, Fax Number,2 Document 2; Name3,...

EDI transfer to Excel
Is there a quick / Free way to transfer EDI data file into Excel ? Thanks http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=EDI+data+file+into+Excel&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=&aqi= Phil Wales wrote: > Is there a quick / Free way to transfer EDI data file into Excel ? > Thanks ...