Edit options in the forms tool bar un-usable

I have an employee here that is excel-savvy but can't
understand why she can't use the edit options in the forms
toolbar.  (nor can I)These consist of the "Edit
Box", "Combination List-Edit", "Combination drop-down
edit", and "Edit Code" tools.  Can anyone explain this to
me or tell me how to make them available?  They're there,
they just aren't usable.  I was thinking that she has to
be in a certain mode but I just don't know.
0
brianb1 (1)

It's to be compatible with excel 5 files, with files created with 97 and
later they are not available

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Brian" <brianb@edensandavant.com> wrote in message
> I have an employee here that is excel-savvy but can't
> understand why she can't use the edit options in the forms
> toolbar.  (nor can I)These consist of the "Edit
> Box", "Combination List-Edit", "Combination drop-down
> edit", and "Edit Code" tools.  Can anyone explain this to
> me or tell me how to make them available?  They're there,
> they just aren't usable.  I was thinking that she has to
> be in a certain mode but I just don't know.

0
terre08 (1112)

Using a field from one sub form and into another subform
I have a form with tabbed subforms on it. subform1 - datefield1 subform2 - datefield1 When I fill out subform1 I then tab to subform2 and I would like the data in datefield 1 to carry over to the datefield1 in subform2. Is this possible? It is a bit unusual in a well-normalized relational database to have to store the same fact more than one time. If you'll describe a bit more specifically what having the same fact (date info?) in two places will allow you to do, folks here may be able to offer more specific suggestions. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MV...

Track Sales Weekly, Monthly and Annually with this Powerful Tool 25302
--boundarynDqNAw== Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable N?%?>?/Mvdhq@YWcrRf@k(/h+ --boundarynDqNAw== Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <HTML><HEAD></HEAD> <BODY contentEditable=3Dtrue> <P>&nbsp; (RST) Retail Sales Tracker Spreadsheet is a reliable and feature-= packed excel spreadsheet designed to help your business easily manage custo= mer sales. Streamline your business processes with this flexible and powerf= ul sprea...

form error 2000 >> 2002
Hi, I migrated a database from access 2000 to 2002. After doing this i got a wird error in on of the forms. Its a form with about 40 calculated fields and 10 subforms. In a lot of the fields "#name?" is displayed instead of the value. When i go to the next record or open the form in design mode and return then other fields display "#name?". I have checked for missing referrences in my vb library but that gave no errors. Does anyone know how to solve this problem. Thanks in advance. Pieter Hi, My name is Amy Vargo. Thank you for using the Microsoft Access Newsgroups...

GP 9.0 - Analytical Accounting Options - Post through to GL
Hello, One of the options in the Analytical Accounting Options window (Tools >> Setup >> Company >> Analytical Accounting >> Options) is 'Post through to GL for Trx posting'. I'm not clear of the purpose of this option. 1. Does this override the checkbox 'Post to GL' in the Posting setup? 2. To what transactions this option apply? Thanks in advance...Murali ...

editting auto recovery

BOM & Edit List

Editing
Hi! Could you please tell me how to remove a linked transaction within the budget planner. For example, I have a double entry under the debt category. ...

Excel Paste Special Option
I have a spreadsheet with unique rows and column sizes. I need to copy the spreadsheet to another sheet. When I use the paste special option the colums retains the size but the rows adjusts to the default row sizes. How do I retain the row sizes when pasted to the new sheet? If you can copy the whole row, then the rowheight will come along when you paste. But maybe you could copy the worksheet itself. Rightclick on the worksheet, choose "move or copy...", check the Copy box at that bottom of the next dialog and copy it where you want it. Sometimes it's easier copying the...

Calculating additional fields on a Quote Form
Hi there, I have this percentage custom field I convert into a money field using javascript which is added to the detail amount. I then calculate the tax in order to get a total amount. The problem is when i use the below script, when I save twice the correct total amount appears, but when I save and close a totally different total amount appears SCRIPT function OnSave() { crmForm.all.totalamountlessfreight.DataValue = (crmForm.all.totallineitemamount.DataValue / 100) * crmForm.all.discountpercentage.DataValue + crmForm.all.totallineitemamount.DataValue; crmForm.all.totaltax.DataVal...

editing a drop down #2
that's not one of my choices. -- kateweb ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kateweb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16301 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=276931 what do you mean by this .. is it greyed out on the toolbar or shows "any value"? if you'ld like to tell me where you downloaded it from i can go have a look at it cheers JulieD "kateweb" <kateweb.1fictb@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:kateweb.1fictb@excelfor...

Macro to edit details
Hi, i am currently trying to create a macro regarding editing staf details on a worksheet....... therefore i recorded a macro and named it editstafflist, i highlighte my headings...and then went to 'data > form' and then had to close th form and then stop my macro. It wouldnt allow me to stop my macr whilst the dialogue box was open. Anyways after stopping the macro drew out a button and assigned this 'editstafflist' macro to it. saved my sheet and then clicked on the button, but a error '1004' kep occuring, can anyone please help me on this as i am rather stuck ...

DST Exchange Tool : getting : 0X80004005 : Unable to find mailbox timezone error
Hi Running the tool for users on an Exchange 5.5 server, getting a lot of users with error : 0X80004005 : Unable to find mailbox timezone error... We know that these users have logged in outlook before, but don't use OWA in this org. Can anyone help... Have several thousand users to get trough... Thanks !!! -- If you know their time zone, just copy then to mailboxes_1.txt. Add server name and time zone. Use Excel fill down function, then save it as mailboxes_1.txt, run the batch file. On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 23:29:44 -0500, "Thinkpad21" <thinkpad21@yahoo.com> wrote:...

Tracking/voting options not working with Infopath form
When I send an infopath form with outlook and require voting options, I can't figure out where to find the responses tracking. With a normal email form, you go to the sent message and click tracking. I don't see the same options when I send an infopath message. ...

Setting caret in edit control & activating it.
Hello Does anyone have any example code for setting and enabling the caret in an edit control ? Nicholas Take a look at the CEdit::SetSel() member function. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Nicholas Kingsley" <nickk@nildram.co.uk> wrote in message news:3f9d418a$0$106$65c69314@mercury.nildram.net... > Hello > > Does anyone have any example code for setting and enabling the caret in an > edit control ? > > Nicholas > > If you are asking how to create & use your own caret in an edit control then check...

Data collection Form Edit
We have a form which will be used almost daily, for data collection, based on a query. During the test we found a typo in one of the field labels where a brief description is included. Is there some way to edit the form? (recreating it with all the custom lables is just too long a task). Another issue on this topic, every time the form is sent, the messge reverts to the default "Please fill out the form and retunr it to me". Can this default message be changed? Nothing in the help functions. Any advice, or deirection to a learning resource will be appreciated. Thanks is adva...

"Windows PowerShell Cookbook" by Lee Holmes second edition draft available for viewing and comments
O'Reilly Books has made the working text of the PS V2 second edition of Lee Holmes' "Windows PowerShell Cookbook" available for viewing and comments at http://powershell.labs.oreilly.com/ - Larry In message <exi7SKRyKHA.2552@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, Larry__Weiss <lfw@airmail.net> writes >O'Reilly Books has made the working text of the PS V2 second edition >of Lee Holmes' "Windows PowerShell Cookbook" available for viewing and >comments at > > http://powershell.labs.oreilly.com/ > > - Larry > Aw...

SFO Forms
Hi, I am experiencing problem on outlook forms. When click the CRM toolbar buttons in Outlook, they do not launch the form. The Go offline button does work. Is that related to Outlook forms cache or security setting in Outlook to prevent custom forms? Any ideas? Thanks! Darren ...

Form, Query, and Updating Records
I have an employee profile form that I would like to filter by what location the employee works out of. The location is already determined based on a login I have in the beginning. The location value is stored in a Query (call it query1). When I get the records filtered to what I want, I still want to be able to edit/update them. Is this possible? I have played around with the Adavanced Filter but haven't been successful because when I filter the correct field in the employee profile form, and put my EXPRESSION (I think this is part of the problem) of what I want it filted by ([Query1]...

Having Insert button functionality while editing
Hi, I want to have the functionality of Insert button (on keyboard) in my while application while editing in a cell or a edit box. For eg if i am editing my text say "alpha" and my cursor is between "l" and "p" and I insert an alphabet say "z", i want the "p" should be replaced by "Z" and the text should become "alzha". Please suggest. Thanks in advance. Regards, Arjun CEdit does not support that by default. Here is a good example of how implement this (Although I think UpdateCaret should just be a method of CXEdi...

Edit No Format
I have a spreadsheet that Has a column of No's that look like this AB 12 45 87 B the column has about 30,000 No 's in it. I want the No's to look like AB124587B so that they do not have the spaces in, any way of doing this un excel. If it's always the same format you can do it by using a combination of the left(),mid(), and right() functions.. Then use the & sign to fix it.... example : a1: ab 12 a2: left(a1,2) & right(a1,2) a2 then says: ab12 there might be a function that just removes all spaces though... trim() only works for opening and ending spaces. --- M...

need example code to get the contactID from SFA/conts/edit.aspx...
Hi!! My question is: How can I get the right ContactID from the current/opened Contact in Microsoft CRM? Can I read the ContactID out from the URL? Is there an example Code available? Microsoft�s SDK for CRM is not very helpful for this Problem. Has anybody already an example code? Thank you for your help! Greetings Daniel You should be able to get it from the query string, as long as you make sure that the entry in the isv.config file with the link to your app has the variable "PassParams" equal to 1 For example: <Button Title="Test" ToolTip="Info on Test&qu...