Edit, Delete, or Update EXTERNAL DATA in EXCEL?

Hi,

I am trying to use Microsoft Excel with external data source.  I
imported the data using the ODBC driver.  However, the problem is that
once I press the refresh button the changes made in Excel sheet are
lost and old data is restores from the Data source.  However, I can
edit data in the Microsoft query.

Is there any way that I can Edit, Delete, or Update EXTERNAL DATA in
EXCEL?

Any links will help

With Rgds,
0
a_0_j (1)

editting auto recovery

merge multilple data values
How do I merge multilple data values ie: in columns js1234 to .jpg to read: js1234.jpg Thanks Jennifer, You can combine two cells with a formula like =A1&B1 -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "Jennifer Burnel" <jenburnel@babooshka.net> wrote in message news:h3rpb.294$Ux1.162@newsfep3-gui.server.ntli.net... > How do I merge multilple data values ie: > in columns > js1234 to .jpg > to read: js1234.jpg > > Thanks > > ...

November 2004 Update Rollup for Exchange Server 5.5
Hello. Over the last few weeks my Exchange 5.5 SP4 server has been crashing mysteriously. The Information Store crashes and after I reboot the server everything is fine again. We have a mix of Outlook 2000 and Outlook 2003 clients. I noticed that there is a November 2004 Update Rollup for Exchange Server 5.5 which appears to address this issue. How can I tell if the network administrator before me applied this update to the server? Would it be listed under ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS? I would really appreciate the help. Thanks. On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 11:51:51 -0500, "Corbin O'Reilly&q...

Delete Rows #6
Hello, I have two columns with data that I need to use to filte out/delete rows. columns C and K I want to delete all rows that contain "H72" in column C AND contai "H73" in column K. This is what I am using, which works great for one column: Sub Delete_Rows() Dim rng As Range, cell As Range, del As Range Set rng = Intersect(Range("C:C"), ActiveSheet.UsedRange) For Each cell In rng If (cell.Value) = "H72" _ Then If del Is Nothing Then Set del = cell Else: Set del = Union(del, cell) End If End If Next cell On Error Resume Next del.EntireRow.Delete En...

After Update = EmployeeID.column(2)
I have one field called EmployeeID and I show three columns, (EmployeeID, Last_Name, and First_Name) from a linked table. I would like to auto fill the Employee_last_name in my Employee_Last_Name field when the EmployeeID is selected. Thank you Frank How is the employee id selected? -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Frank" wrote: > I have one field called EmployeeID and I show three columns, (EmployeeID, > Last_Name, and First_Name) from a linked table. > I would like to auto fill the Employee_last_name in my Employee_Last_Name > field when the EmployeeID i...

Intelligent Message Filter Updates??
I am wondering if anyone knows if there are plans to roll out updates to the IMF for Exchange 2003. I installed the update from Feb 2005 right after I installed the IMF, but it would be nice if the product had recent updates. It has been working pretty good, but it isn't catching enough. thanks, Frank Hi Frank, You have the most recent IMF update. It is currently unknown when the next update is planned. Microsoft will most likely monitor the effectiveness of the feb update and release a one when it becomes less effective. Regards -- Ben Hoffman MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Ex...

BOM & Edit List

How do I delete the Postmaster account?
My Exchange 2000 server shows that e-mail is being sent from the Postmaster account. I would like to disable the Postmater account on the Exchange server to confirm that the email is originating from the Exchange server and not some other server Are these NDRs? If yes, you will be better served by enabling Recipient Filtering and dropping inbound messsages for non-existent recipients, so these NDRs don't get generated in the first place. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- &qu...

moving data from one db to another
I have a pretty general question about what might be the best way to handle this. I need to write a watcher program to export flagged rows in an MSSQL 2005 db out to a MySQL db. After each row is copied, I need to reset the flag in the source. I'm wondering if anyone could tell me what the best process for this would be. Looping through all the rows in the source one at a time and then posting them one at a time seems like the wrong way to go. There's a lot of vb.net that I don't know so I'm thinking there might be a better, simpler way to do this. Initially there...

Sharing Data Between Computers
I have Outlook 2003 on my desktop computer and my laptop computer, which are connected with a router, and are both running Windows XP. I would like the laptop computer to be able to use the Outlook data from the desktop computer when it's on the network. I went to File | Date File Management, and added the desktop computer's PST file to the Outlook.pst file that was already there. However, the desktop computer's data didn't appear in the laptop's copy of Outlook. Is there something else I need to do, or do I need to have Exchange running on my home network to get thi...

Reminders from a deleted calendar
Hi, I created a calendar, populated it with reoccuring meeting then about a month later I deleted that calendar but I still get the reminders regarding a meeting from the deleted calendar. How can I get these to stop? Thanks Close Outlook, then in the Windows Run Box put OUTLOOK /cleanreminders then enter Bookstore Mike wrote: > Hi, > > I created a calendar, populated it with reoccuring meeting then about a > month later I deleted that calendar but I still get the reminders regarding a > meeting from the deleted calendar. How can I get these to s...

Excel Mental Models and the Eli Whitney Syndrome
I am the kind of person who really benefits from knowing why and ho something works. This was once called the Eli Whitney syndrome by Pa Bedard of Car and Driver. If I remember correctly, he was talkin about the old points and condenser being easier to understand tha electronics. I agree - seeing the gears turn really helps m understand how something operates. I think that's why electronics an software can be so exasperating - anything can and does happen behin the scenes! A good Excel example is one that I found in these Excel forums - tha the auto filter actually just makes the row ...

Editing
Hi! Could you please tell me how to remove a linked transaction within the budget planner. For example, I have a double entry under the debt category. ...

Using Word & Excel v.X to tabulate race results for community festival
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Later this month, I will be volunteering for a local sprint racing event at a community festival. Races take place over three days of a long weekend. Friday features one mid-distance race and Saturday and Sunday feature sprint races repeated over the two-day event. (Contestants run in the race for the first day, have their race-time recorded, and then again on the second day, again the time is recorded. The race results are the total of both days' times for each contestant.) Some contestants may drop out of a...

Store email acount messages into different Data files
Hi, I've set up 2 email accounts in Outlook: one is an Exchange Server account and the other is a POP3 account. I have also created 2 Outlook Data Files. Now, I want to store email messages for each email account in its own Data File. But this seems to be impossible because Outlook requires all accounts' messages to be stored in the same Data File. Am I missing something here ? Any help is greatly appreciated. SuperKinhLuan SuperKinhLuan <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I've set up 2 email accounts in Outlook: one is an > Exchange Server accoun...

Contacts under Journal cannot delete???

Tax Updates (Round 4)
I was just informed that as of now, Tax Ppdates are available only to Partners. Anyone else hearing this? The link mentioned below is for the 2007 U.S. Payroll Tax Update for Dynamics GP 9.0 (Round 4) ********* Hi David, I just information that you will need to contact your Partner (who has access to PartnerSource) to help you with the info on this link. As of now it is only available to Partners. Regards, Sheila Fernandes MBS Website Support ------=_NextPart_0001_5B69C739 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello and thanks for posting on Newsgroups. Thank you ...

Updating a presentation during show
I have a powerpoint 2003 file saved on my companies network. I also have a computer that runs a monitor in our breakroom using the before said Powperpoint Presentation. What I would like to do is update the Presentation from my desktop top computer save it and have the Computer that is running the monitor update without having to stop the powerpoint show. CWebb, If I understand your question correctly, you want to update a presentation "while it's running"... if that's the case, then if you use this linking method, the next time powerpoint "calls up...

editing a drop down #2
that's not one of my choices. -- kateweb ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kateweb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16301 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=276931 what do you mean by this .. is it greyed out on the toolbar or shows "any value"? if you'ld like to tell me where you downloaded it from i can go have a look at it cheers JulieD "kateweb" <kateweb.1fictb@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:kateweb.1fictb@excelfor...

Data validation and Named Range
I was under the impression that you could have Data validation check a list contained in various columns if that list was a Named range. Is that so. If it is, I cannot get that to work for me. Rob What have you tried? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "rob nobel" <robnobel@dodo.com.au> wrote in message news:%23wtOqQ8rDHA.2084@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I was under the impression that you could have Data validation check a list > contained in various columns if that list was a Named range. Is that so. > If it is, I cannot get that to work for me. &...

Chart OUTLOOK item reports via Excel or ?
I want to create reports for OUTLOOK items (particularly tasks). I'd like to be able to see charts that display things like the amount of time spent on tasks for various clients, the type of work done, and the dates (including time of day). I'd like to be able to look at these reports daily if possible. Is there a way that I can do this? I thought that there must be a way by exporting the items into excel and then manually setting up charts but this would be time consuming to do each time. Any help is appreciated (I've spent days trying to figure this out) ...