E2003 naming ranges correctly

Hi!

Even though I named the ranges in my excel workbook, I cannot properly
import excel contacts into Outlook. Not even when the excel data was
originally exported from Outlook! In the import dialog box, the actions to be
performed field 'doesn't show only 1 excel file to import, but al the column
headers
of the file as seperate items. I can only map custom fields per item. The
result of such import is very strange.

I found out converting the excel file first in an access db and than
importing that access file in Outlook contacts, is an easy work around. But I
get really sick of not knowing what went wrong importing the excel file. Or
didn't I correctly named the ranges in Excel? I followed up all instructions
here posted about naming ranges...

Can anyone clear up my mysterie?

Regards, Esther

Question already answered by Sue in Outlook.GeneralQuestions!
Incorrect naming caused the problem.
Name range by Insert - Name - Define, iso Insert - Name - Create

"Estrelle71" wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Even though I named the ranges in my excel workbook, I cannot properly
> import excel contacts into Outlook. Not even when the excel data was
> originally exported from Outlook! In the import dialog box, the actions to be
> performed field 'doesn't show only 1 excel file to import, but al the column
> headers
> of the file as seperate items. I can only map custom fields per item. The
> result of such import is very strange.
>
> I found out converting the excel file first in an access db and than
> importing that access file in Outlook contacts, is an easy work around. But I
> get really sick of not knowing what went wrong importing the excel file. Or
> didn't I correctly named the ranges in Excel? I followed up all instructions
> here posted about naming ranges...
>
> Can anyone clear up my mysterie?
>
> Regards, Esther

Listing Last Name First in Select Names
How do I set Outlook 2002 so that when the "Select Names" box comes up the email addresses are listed last name first? My Contacts folder is listed that way but names come up first name first in "Select Names". Thanks. Tools->email accounts->Directories->View or Change. Set the display order from there. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and fin...

Icon names
Hi, I'm trying to figure out how to make the names of the pictured icons show up when you roll the mouse over it for a few seconds. I'm setting up my Outlook 3 and my sisters. Mine does it and hers does not. Any suggestions? Regards, Jill Right-click in the toolbar area and select "Customize" from the menu. On the "Options" tab check the box that says "Show ScreenTips on Toolbars". Click ok and you should be good to go. RB "Jill" <Jill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90DB37F7-4CB2-4719-855F-5FF6D8E1D522@microso...

Name in to: field incorrect
I am having a problem with Entourage running on OS X 10.5. When receiving emails the name in the 'to:' field is showing up incorrect. Instead of showing the name, it is showing 'Information Technology'. Everything else is correct, and the names under account settings are right. If I look at the same emails through outlook instead of entourage the 'to:' field displays correctly. On 2/22/10 10:00 AM, DHaley wrote: > I am having a problem with Entourage running on OS X 10.5. When receiving > emails the name in the 'to:' field is showing up in...

Changing a category name.
I see how you can add or remove catagories to the master category list, but how can you change an existing one without having to create a new one, move everyone over, and deleting the old? seems like a lot of work just to rename a category... any help? You can't. Sorry. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "dhansberry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03aa01c3a3d5$0169ac50$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I see how you can add ...

[Microsoft][SQL Native Client]Named Pipes Provider: Could not open a
I'm getting the following error trying to use 32-bit client on a Win2003 64-bit server to connect to an SQLserver 2005 on a 32-bit remote Win 2003 server. IF I use the 64-bit ODBC manager (SQL Native client or ODBC DSN), I got connected without any problem. The problem is the application (Great Plains Dynamics 10) only recognized 32-bit ODBC client. For GP NG, my question would be how to make Dynamics recognize both 32-bit and 64-bit Native Connectors. Any help is greatly appreciated. Bill ----------------------- --------------------------- Microsoft SQL Server Login -----------...

How to force a name to be taken as a name?
We are exporting tabular data in tab delimited format. Some names that are exported may well begin with - +, can look like a number: +section etc. During export all names are quoted, e.g., "+section". However, when opened in Excel all such names are misinterpreted as formulas and produce ridiculous results or #NAME cell errors. My question: how can I tag data to be exported in such a way, that it is a) interpreted as plain text and b) not being decorated with extra lead characters (') visible in the resulting table. c) not neccessary to do special Excel settings or other activiti...

WHAT IS NAME HELENA
DALE WHERE ARE YOU ...

RE: Look at these correction patch that came from the M$ Corporation
--jmyckluucq Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="igjpfeabvthevr"; type="multipart/alternative" --igjpfeabvthevr Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="zaebzpytv" --zaebzpytv Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to maintain the security of ...

Change Folder Name Language in OWA
A client of our went overseas with a mac laptop and used safari to view her mailbox in OWA. The folder names and button names all changed to Italian. When she came back to the USA, all changed back to English except for the main ones (Inbox, Contacts, Junk Mail, etc.). She did not change any language settings while in Italy and has checked to see if it's in English now, which it is. She has also emptied her temporary files. Any ideas on how to get it back to English for all folder names? Thanks. I suggest you use an PC with English/US regional settings and an Outlook client. St...

Calculating Half-Hour Range for Hour-Minute Data
I am trying to automate the work to put a graph together. Basically I have some issues reported in one column and the time (in HH:MM format -- 9:00 AM) each issue was reported in another column. The problem is that I want a chart that displays how many issues were reported in half hour increments (e.g., from 9:00 AM to 9:30 AM, etc.). Right now I am doing this manually my creating another column with the half-hour increments and basing my chart on this manually created column. Basically if I had two values in this range in my source column (9:15 AM and 9:22 AM) I then put the val...

how do i search for a specific time range in excel?
for example: i want to find items that are between 11:01 pm and 07:00 am Hi have you tried using a filter ('Data - filter')? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany ultraman60 wrote: > for example: i want to find items that are between 11:01 pm and 07:00 > am =OR(MOD(A18,1)>TIME(23,1,0),MOD(A18,1)<=TIME(7,0,0)) or =OR(MOD(A18,1)>TIMEVALUE("23:01"), MOD(A18,1)<=TIMEVALUE("7:00")) --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: h...

RANDBETWEEN generating numbers outside range
Using Excel 2003. Simple task of trying to generate a pseudo-random number between 1 and 52 (yes, a deck of cards). I'm populating the cells with =RANDBETWEEN(1,52). Many of the cells are displaying negative numbers. Any ideas? Are you sure that's exactly the formula you are using? I entered =randbetwwen(1,52), filled it down 51 times, and got the expected results: a bunch of numbers between 1 and 52, none negative. Regards, Fred "Penny Black" <PennyBlack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9615C6E4-C2EC-4145-9725-CB702077B677@mi...

Excel 2003 . . . Can't Delete Corrupted Defined Names
I have an Excel workbook that I created way back when I was using Win 95. I used it for the years I had Win 98, and now I'm using it under Win XP Pro. My problem is that long ago two of the Defined Names apparently became corrupted, and I want to delete them. When I click the Delete option, it goes smoothly, but the names remain unscathed. One name has a definition that refers to a non-existent workbook, and the other contains a #REF! in it. How can I make them go away?? Hi try the following add-in to find/delete these links: http://www.bmsltd.ie/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink....

Link formulas to Worksheet names
Is it possible to link formulas into worksheet names. I do weekly reporting where the tab name is a date. What I want to do is run a formula from the tab name. I have used the cell "filename" function, and this works fine, but then I run into difficulties when I move copies of the sheet to other books as I include 4 workbook sheets into a new workbook, and they obviously cannot have the same name. I can modify my cell "filename" function to cope, but was wondering if there was an easier way. I tried Walkenbach Sheetname function, but couldnt get this to run. CHeers ---...

What is the correct command name enabling all break points?
Hi, In Studio's debugger, you can issue a command DebugDisableAllBreakpoints (by associating it with a hot key) to temporarily disable all break points. But I couldn't find its opposite command that enables all break points. Each time I am forced to enable the disabled breakpoints one by one. Do you know the correct command name enabling all break points? Please help. Thanks. Tony "Tony Young" <jdt_young@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:#7kQlfLrEHA.1036@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > In Studio's debugger, you can issue a command DebugDisableA...

auto correct option under proof reading is not available to select
when i go into mail format and select proof reading I can not select any option other than auto correct select text when you type. the other options are grey and not available. i need to put on auto capital etc for emailing What version of Outlook? Was it installed as part of a suite? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO...

Internal and External domain name behind firewall
Hi, I have a 2003 exchange server installed behind a firewall that forwards port 25 traffice to the exchange server. My question is that I have a different external domain vs my internal domain name. How would I configure this properly on the exchange server so that is can recieve mail via smtp. thx jason On Tue, 31 May 2005 12:39:30 -0600, "jason.sigurdur" <comp.techs@aspenview.org> wrote: >Hi, I have a 2003 exchange server installed behind a firewall that forwards >port 25 traffice to the exchange server. My question is that I have a >different external do...

Adding colour to a range of cells based on one of the cells v...
I wish to highlight all the data in a row in a particular colour depending on the value of one of the cells i.e. if cell c3 says 'confirmed' I would like all the entries in row 3 to be green, if it says 'released', then red, etc. So far I can change the word 'confirmed' in c3 to green, or to red for 'released', but can't work out how to change the rest of the row based on this value. Any help very welcome. select the cell(s) you want to be formatted In conditional formatting choose formula and enter =A3="confirmed" choose the color you wan...

Dynamic Range Chart and Ignoring Zeros
I have several pareto charts including cummulative percentages which are built from pivot table data which is constantly changing. (Note: I have copied the pivot table data into regular cells) I have tried to use the dynamic range chart, however, because there zeros the dynamic range still shows all the values. Also keep in mind I have tried all the hiding zero methods commonly used to make them invisible. Please Help! Excel 2007 PivotTable, PivotChart Histogram, Pareto Zeros not counted. http://c0444202.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/12_24_09.xlsx On Dec 24, 1:15=A0pm, He...

Define name Q
I have 2 worksheets with numerous named ranges. Each sheet uses the same names, but I don't think they are 3D, because the Refers To box only shows the worksheet name I an on. I am unable to duplicate this.. when I try to make 2 named ranges with the same name in 2 different worksheets, it takes me back to the first named range. Any help on how this was set up? TIA Check out the "Local Name" section in this link: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=274504 "Benjamin" <Benjamin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07580034-71E5-4A81-BD02-D2DF...

Inbox Name
Is it possible to change the name of the INBOX to my company name in Outlook 2003? Thanks for any help. No, but you could do a work around that would have the same effect. Remove the 'inbox' from the favorite's folder. Then create a new folder called 'My Glorious Company Name Inbox' or whatever. Then add it to your favorite folder and create a rule that will automatically move every new email to that folder. Depending on the PC-Genius level of the people you work with they probably won't ever know the difference and you will be the office "smart compute...

Highlight specific name
I have a list of street names Is there a way that when I enter in a particular cell the street name (Main St.), all Main street on may list will be highlighted? Thank you for your help. Juran Dave, Thank you for your help. I did as your recommended, and on formating I ask to change the color and put the street name in bold. Bun unfortunately is not working. Rubem >-----Original Message----- >You could use Format|conditional formatting to highlight all the cells that >contain "main st." (not just highlight the characters "main st." themselves. > >If A...

Display Name in Device Manager
Hi All, When I try to install disk upper filter driver (through INF File) for my USB mass storage device, the device name changes to "Disk Drive". This happens in Win 7, but not in Win XP or Vista. The default disk name is like "ATA XXXX". I want the original name after installing the driver. I do not have "Display Name" in Add Service directive. Which section in the INF handles the change of display name? Any information is helpful. Thanks nd Regards, Kid uba <kid07.uba@gmail.com> wrote: > >When I try to install disk upper filte...

Copy formula down a column does not use correct cell reference
I have a sheet that displays a sum in a pivot table. I am then trying to calculate that sum as a percentage in the next column. My problem is that I have 300 rows to fill with the percentage formula. When I try to drag the formula down the page, it does not use the corresponding row's cell from the pivot table. How do I prevent that? For example: =IF(ISERROR(GETPIVOTDATA("wTime",$X$3,"wk",12)/AI16),"-",GETPIVOTDATA("wTime",$X$3,"wk",12)/AI16) Then as I drag the formula down it changes the AI16 to the correct cell reference but the pa...

Add names to nickname cache
Like Steve below, I would like to ADD names to the nickname (or auto completion) cache file. I know that the information is stored in outlook.nk2, but is there any tool for adding, say, the contacts from your address book into it so that you don't have to USE all the names before they are used for suggestions in the auto-complete feature. No, the cache is built dynamically by names that you type in. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account ...