E-mail Excel Attachments to People Who do not have Excel

I want to send a short Excel table in an e-mail to allow for recipents to
input their basic contact information and hit reply with the updated table.
The table will be 2 rows (1 row will be a header) and about 8 columns.
Alot of these e-mail recipients do not have Excel, and some have no MS Office
products at all.

I want an easy way to collect basic contact information from people and
import it into a large Excel spreadsheet for a club I am doing work for.  Our
club does not have the money or knowledge to setup a input database on a web
site to collect such information.

How can this be accomplished?

-Rusty
0
rusty (25)

Hi
one possibility would be to convert the excel file to a PDF file 8but
you need a PDF creator program for this -> Search Google for this)

Another option could be that the recipients download the free Excel
viewer from www.microsoft.com

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Rusty wrote:
> I want to send a short Excel table in an e-mail to allow for
> recipents to input their basic contact information and hit reply with
> the updated table. The table will be 2 rows (1 row will be a header)
> and about 8 columns.
> Alot of these e-mail recipients do not have Excel, and some have no
> MS Office products at all.
>
> I want an easy way to collect basic contact information from people
> and import it into a large Excel spreadsheet for a club I am doing
> work for.  Our club does not have the money or knowledge to setup a
> input database on a web site to collect such information.
>
> How can this be accomplished?
>
> -Rusty

0
frank.kabel (11126)
11/13/2004 8:44:12 PM
Frank, I DO have Adobe Std, so I can create pdf documents.  Are you sure that
I can send these pdf tables in an e-mail and have people make and save
changes to the pdf document with only the Adobe Reader?  Please confirm if
you know and provide any suggestions you may know of.

Thanks so much Frank.

-Rusty

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

> Hi
> one possibility would be to convert the excel file to a PDF file 8but
> you need a PDF creator program for this -> Search Google for this)
>
> Another option could be that the recipients download the free Excel
> viewer from www.microsoft.com
>

> --
> Regards
> Frank Kabel
> Frankfurt, Germany
>

> Rusty wrote:
> > I want to send a short Excel table in an e-mail to allow for
> > recipents to input their basic contact information and hit reply with
> > the updated table. The table will be 2 rows (1 row will be a header)
> > and about 8 columns.
> > Alot of these e-mail recipients do not have Excel, and some have no
> > MS Office products at all.
> >
> > I want an easy way to collect basic contact information from people
> > and import it into a large Excel spreadsheet for a club I am doing
> > work for.  Our club does not have the money or knowledge to setup a
> > input database on a web site to collect such information.
> >
> > How can this be accomplished?
> >
> > -Rusty

0
rusty (25)
11/13/2004 8:53:02 PM
Hi
if the recipients have to make changes I can only think of two
solutions (as neither PDF files nor the Excel viewer would work in this
case):
- they have to buy Excel ;-) -> This is probably the easiest solution
(and the most expensive one)
- Your recipients could try to use the free Openoffice
(www.openoffice.org) -> Huge download > 30MB

So if none of these solutions is feasible (and I nearly suspect they
are not o.k. for your specific case) some other ideas:
- a web page would probably the easiest solution
- they oculd create a simpe text / *.csv file with a defined format
(could be opened / edited with Notepad) and you may give them a
template to fill-out their information

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Rusty wrote:
> Frank, I DO have Adobe Std, so I can create pdf documents.  Are you
> sure that I can send these pdf tables in an e-mail and have people
> make and save changes to the pdf document with only the Adobe Reader?
> Please confirm if you know and provide any suggestions you may know
> of.
>
> Thanks so much Frank.
>
> -Rusty
>
> "Frank Kabel" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>> one possibility would be to convert the excel file to a PDF file
8but
>> you need a PDF creator program for this -> Search Google for this)
>>
>> Another option could be that the recipients download the free Excel
>> viewer from www.microsoft.com
>>

>> --
>> Regards
>> Frank Kabel
>> Frankfurt, Germany
>>

>> Rusty wrote:
>>> I want to send a short Excel table in an e-mail to allow for
>>> recipents to input their basic contact information and hit reply
>>> with the updated table. The table will be 2 rows (1 row will be a
>>> header) and about 8 columns.
>>> Alot of these e-mail recipients do not have Excel, and some have no
>>> MS Office products at all.
>>>
>>> I want an easy way to collect basic contact information from people
>>> and import it into a large Excel spreadsheet for a club I am doing
>>> work for.  Our club does not have the money or knowledge to setup a
>>> input database on a web site to collect such information.
>>>
>>> How can this be accomplished?
>>>
>>> -Rusty

0
frank.kabel (11126)

e-mail #3
I am using Publisher 2007 and and new to using it. I have a newsletter (11"X17" with some graphics) that I print and mail bi-monthly. Is there any way I can create the same file into an e-mail in Outlook or Outlook Express? Any Ideas or suggestions for using other programs instead of those mentioned are appreciated. Papasan PDF attachment? 2007 Microsoft Office Add-in: Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.m...

sin function in Excel
Why doesn't the sin function in Excel give me the same result for sIn(2*pi()), sin(4*pi()), sin(6*pi()), etc? The values (aprox -2.4E-16, -4.90E-16, -7.35E-16) are all to be interpreted as 0 since Excel has a precision of 15 decimal places. This is not just an Excel problem, it arises from the way computer convert decimal values to binary (base 10 numbers to base 2 numbers) with a finite number of bytes. For more info read these: Floating-point arithmetic may give inaccurate results in Excel http://support.microsoft.com/kb/78113/en-us (Complete) Tutorial to Understand IEEE Floating-P...

=SUMPRODUCT((Data1!$B$1:$B$500="March")*(Data1!$C$1:$C$500="New York"),(Data1!$E$1:$E$500))
Hi =SUMPRODUCT((Data1!$B$1:$B$500="March")*(Data1!$C$1:$C$500="New York"), (Data1!$E$1:$E$500)) In plain english the formula above means: Sum cells E1 to E500 (last argument) if in B1 to B500 the value is "March" and if in C1 to C500 the value is "New York". SUMPRODUCT is like SUMIF on steroids and it allows you to automate all these reports that you develop with data that you import from a large centralized database, centralized accounting, manufacturing and sales programs or the Internet. The last argument (preceded by a comma) tells Excel what to...

MDB in Outlook "Unsafe" attachment list
Hi folks, According to a policy that isn't set in stone, we've configured our McAfee GroupShield to block all attachments listed in Microsoft's "unsafe" attachments list in MS KB article 290497, so they never even get to the Outlook users. This has resulted in complaints about .mdb files being blocked, so I'm weighing the pros and cons of allowing these attachments through. Does anyone know what exactly the risk is with MS Access .mdb files that makes them less safe than .doc, .ppt, or .xls files? Are these files on the list because they're just not mailed as ...

e ...

Word Mail merge lables from .xls document
Office 2000 Windows XP Pro: I am trying to create Avery 8160 lables in WORD form an Excel database. . My sequence in WORD is as follows. Tools>Mail Merge>Create Main Document>Mailing Lables> Active Window>Get Data>Open Data Source. When I get to into folder that contains the .xls file the only files listed in that folder are WORD files. When I click on the File Type drop down menu at the botton of the OPEN DATA SOURCE window, the only options I have are "All Word Documents", "Word documents", "Web pages", "Rich text format", &qu...

Mailing list
I am making a mailing list of customers addresses. I own a pizzeria and at the end of the night I take the order slips and type the addresses of customers who ordered that day into microsoft word. After a few weeks of doing this I am getting a lot of repeats. How do I avoid this? If you're doing it in Word, make each address its own paragraph, select all the paragraphs, and choose Sort (Word2007: Home tab; Word2003 and earlier, Table menu [they don't need to be in a table]). Then when you want to add a new one, just go to where it would fit in and see if it's alrea...

i dont no how to send a mail could u plz tell me wot to click on
help plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz What do you mean by "send a mail" ? Could you please keep the subjects brief and explain what you would like in as much details as possible please -- iPod's ROCK! "marjan" wrote: > help plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ...

Excel 2000 capitalization help
We have a 1500 record spreadsheet that has mixed lower and upper case in their cells. We would like to convert all records to upper case automatically. We've tried the formula Excel provides =Upper (cell to cell) without any luck. does anyone have any suggestions? Thx DAN Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/case.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Dan wrote: > We have a 1500 record spreadsheet that has mixed lower > and upper case in their cells. We would like to convert > all records to upper case automatically. We've tried the > formula Excel pro...

How do I block messages from one particular e-mail adress?
I dont want to receive e-mails from one certain adress. Is it possible to block those messages? yes. right click an email from them, Junk mail, add to junk senders list -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com www.deskdoctors.com Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implementing Email Policy" from the Desk Doctors website. "Marco" <Marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9517F371-5BC9-46D6-8979-9FB489585258@microsoft.com... >I dont want to receive e-mails from one certain adress. Is it...

How to get the trendline values in excel 03 direct into cells ?
In regression analysis the gradient is used for further analysis. By hiding values (coloumns) the number of points in the trend analysis varies and the gradient changes. How can the gradient values be transferred to a cell and as such be used in further analysis / equations ? "nygaard" <nygaard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32008051-3C0B-4C84-8980-FFBAB8F46D7D@microsoft.com... > In regression analysis the gradient is used for further analysis. By > hiding > values (coloumns) the number of points in the trend analysis varies and > the > g...

How to forward mail from internalmail to external address?
I have internal is user@mydomain.com and want to forward this address to user@hotmail.com in MS-Exchange2003. How can i do? Ask your Exchange administrator to set up a mail-enabled contact for your hotmail account, and use alternate delivery/delivery options on the user@mydomain.com mailbox to send a copy of all inbound mail to the mail-enabled contact. Mark Thailand wrote: > I have internal is user@mydomain.com and want to forward this address > to user@hotmail.com in MS-Exchange2003. How can i do? Mark Thailand <mark@wctcoltd.com> wrote: > I have internal is user@mydomai...

out look mail
How do I get my out look mail back to my schools imail accout? On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 14:08:29 -0700, "Donna" <w1239881@imail.losrios.edu> wrote: >How do I get my out look mail back to my schools imail accout? > Ask your school email administrator. Nobody on this volunteer-staffed technical support forum for Microsoft Access databases will be able to help you. You'll also want to change your email address; it's now been published to tens of thousands of computers worldwide, and spammers and junk mailers can and will harvest it to send you SPAM....

Attachments in a mail merge document
HI I am trying to do an e-mail merge from Microsoft word. I have been successful with just formatted text. I would like to however, send an attachment along with these emails. I have tried various methods to achieve this, but have not been successful. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Is Outlook 2002 (XP) capable of doing an e-mail merge with attachments? regards, Andrew No. You would have to use a 3rd party mass mailing program if you need to send attachments. Look here for a list of possible programs: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail -- ...

Headings in Excel
How do you set the margins for headings? I want them to be the same as my spreadsheet but have not found a way. Hi AFAIK there's no way to set these margins -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Lori at Columbia wrote: > How do you set the margins for headings? I want them to > be the same as my spreadsheet but have not found a way. I'm presently at an XL2k machine, and in <File> <PageSetup> <Margins> tab, There are six boxes available for setting margins. Four for the sheet: Top, Bottom, Left and Right, AND ONE EACH for header and footer. Is that wh...

"Excel 97 Compatability with XP"
Am considering upgrading from Win98 to XP. Will my OEM Excel97 be compatible with the new XP operating system? I had this combination before, and it worked fine. "Don" <ghylinmachine@aol.com> wrote in message news:039b01c3d61b$654e30b0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Am considering upgrading from Win98 to XP. Will my OEM > Excel97 be compatible with the new XP operating system? I have xl95, xl97sr2, xl2002 all running fine on an xp home machine. Best to install oldest first and in SEPARATE directories. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Don" <g...

Auto-response e-mail: Generate auto-response e-mail to
How to set-up next feature Auto-response e-mail: Generate auto-response e-mail to customer requests. (MS CRM Overview from MBS site) Ed I have not seen an auto-response feature in CRM. "ed" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0bac01c3b4e3$2ca0d6e0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > How to set-up next feature > Auto-response e-mail: Generate auto-response e-mail to > customer requests. (MS CRM Overview from MBS site) > ...

URGENT: Mail access issues
Hello: I am having a problem logging into my Outlook mail account on my laptop. I get the following error: "Your logon information was incorrect. Check your username and domain, then type your password again. If your account is new or if your administrator requested a password change you need to click Change Password then logon with your new password." Seems like a straight-forward message, but here is the problem. I can access my mail account when logging on to the client's desktop computer. I should be able to logon to this account from my laptop, just like my co...

A program is trying to automatically send e-mail on your behalf...
I'm using Outlook 2002 and a UK Accounts package called Sage. This package allows me to send invoices via email. Everytime I send an email I have to wait 5 seconds before I can click YES, and if I have a lot of invoices to send, this does take quite some time. Is there a way to "override" this setting so that it sends them automatically without asking me? I know the security reasons why this feature is there, its just a hinderance thats all. I do have uptodate virus checking on my emails that will hopefully catch worm viruses trying to send without my knowledge. Anyway, I h...

Conditional Formatting in Excel 2007
Hi all- Can someone give me detailed directions on how to format a column so that the cells with 4's in them are highlighted yellow, the cells with 5's in them are red and the cells with 6's are blue. I have tried using the wizard but the numbers 1-3 get highlighted also. Thanks in advance. LabLawrence Select the cells Open the Conditional Format dialog, use Highlight Rules -> Equal To; in the left had box enter 4, in the right-hand select a colour combination as needed Repeat for 5. best wishes -- Bernard Liengme http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme Microso...

how to download excel help preferably in the form of chm?
how to download excel help preferably in the form of chm? It comes as a chm file on your Excel CD. -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "kang" <kang@hao.com> wrote in message news:uDSmhciEIHA.6120@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > how to download excel help preferably in the form of chm? ...

error in excel #2
I when I try to open document in excel I keep getting a "cannot use object linking and embedding" error and I can't open the program. Any suggestions? Did this just start happening? If yes, were you hit by the MSBlast worm? One poster (Lutz Meyer) guessed that this was the cause of his problems. I haven't seen any confirmation/denial, but you may want to read his post: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=3F3971AF.FA4490F5%40msn.com Post back with your results. I'm curious if that was the problem. (It's come up quite a few times since MSBlast hit.) Je...

how to stop opened attachments from reducing to bottom of page
how do you stop opened attachments from reducing to bottom of page in windows vista. On Sat, 1 Mar 2008 13:07:01 -0800, Windows Vista <Windows Vista@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >how do you stop opened attachments from reducing to bottom of page in windows >vista. It would appear that this question has nothing to do with Microsoft Access, the subject of this newsgroup. Please scroll down the list of subjects and repost in a Vista forum. -- John W. Vinson [MVP] This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database product. The Microsoft website is no...

Excel won't let me type a formula using commas!
Please help, this is my problem. Some formulas don't work when I type them in. For example, when I type this formula, it will say there is an error. "=SUM(1,2,3)" That does not work, it says invalid format. but if I do a formula with a range (instead of commas), it works. Such as "=SUM(A5:C5)" - that works just fine. I am guessing this has something to do with the commas in the formula. When I start to type a formula, a formula helper thing will be displayed that is showing the format of the formula. This format example does not include commas. It uses spaces in...

P L E A S E
Please, could someone help me with "DLL (Resource)" post (some 25 posts below this post). Please. Thank you. "Jan Plastenjak" <none@ms.com> wrote in message news:ewOtE0A3DHA.2700@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > > Please, could someone help me with "DLL (Resource)" post (some 25 posts > below this post). Please. What? I'm to search through the newsgroup looking for find your post? I don't think so... Cheers Richard. Jan, I have already answered your post, let me repeat it: "If you go to www.microsoft.com and enter the fo...