Dynamic range does not appear in name box

I have defined a dynamic range using the offset and counta functions in the
define name box.  The name works fine in my formulas, but does not appear in
the drop-down name box on the formula bar.  Is there a way to get this name
to appear there?  Thanks.

Dave

Nope.

But you could use Jan Karel Pieterse's (with Charles Williams and Matthew
Henson) Name Manager:

You can find it at:
NameManager.Zip from http://www.oaltd.co.uk/mvp

--

Dave Peterson
0

How to freeze a range in excel 2003and 2007
I want to freeze a group of cells in excel 2007 but when I click on the freeze panes, top row or first column: nothing happens- I mean it scrolls up and down. Also is there anyway I can print an excel worksheet which is several pages long and still have the headings (which is in say the first 3 rows ie A1 - E1 down to A3 - E3) printed on each page? Lets say the headings are on only page 1 but i want it to be on page 2,3,4 to the last page when printed. Can freezing do that? Thanks. Hi In order the Freeze Panes, your cursor needs to be one cell below, and one cell the the right of the Row an...

service calendar in MS Dynamics 4.0
Does anyone knows how we can achieve the following requirement with MSCRM 4.0 In the service calendar in MS Dynamics 4.0 you are able to create new appointments and service activities. Appointments and Service Activities which are created will be present in the Service Calendar. To see all details of such a record[Subject(default Value)] you must open it. But by moving your mouse on the concerning appointment or service activity, a text-box-view appears with primary information. With appointments the content of the following fields is displayed: 'show time as', 'subject...

Relative name range issue
I was looking at John Walkenbach's excel tips page (http://j-walk.com/ss/). In one example, he shows how to create a named range that is RELATIVE, not ABSOLUTE. By clicking on, say, cell A1, then opening the named range dialog from the menu (Insert\name\define...) and defining a name such as "CellBelow" that refers to cell A2, you've created a relative reference. Anytime you type in "CellBelow" - in any cell - the value returned will be the value of the cell directly below the cell you're on. However, this appears to work only when you're on the ...

dynamic resource
Hi, Anybody know how to load e.g. bitmap into resource dynamicaly? The bitmap file will be downloaded by application itself , so it has to be somehow inserted into resource and displayed. thanks What do you mean by "into resoure dynamically"? Do you want to load a ..bmp file and display it? If yes, take a look at GDI+, which is by far the easiest way to achieve this. ---------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com I misspelled this, yes I'd like to load new bitmap on the fly. But resource file looks like is static. I use ATL/MFC applicatation. "Ajay Kalra" <aja...

Stop named ranges being copied
I want to copy a worksheet from one workbook to another. But I do not want to copy the named ranges associated with the first workbook to the second. How do I prevent named ranges being copied when I move sheets. >>How do I prevent named ranges being copied when I move sheets. You can't. A named range is just as much a part of a sheet as anything else. Delete the name(s) after you copy a sheet. -- Jim <bmatheson@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1183722346.818571.213860@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... >I want to copy a worksheet from one workbook to another. > >...

How to change the the attribute's name???
Hi Group: I would like to know if it is possible to change the name of an attribute to something else. My setup is like this: I have serveral SQL tables that I nest and join so that it all outputs into a nice XML file for the purpose of populating a flash navigation menu. <NewDataSet> <mainMenu_category menu_name="Home" menu_ID="1"> <menu menu_ID="1" /> </mainMenu_category> <mainMenu_category menu_name="Product" menu_ID="2"> <menu category_name="28.5 Volt DC Power Carts" menu_...

How to revert back to the original file name in a hyperlink
I have an excel file with 2500 linked objects in it. All the linked objects are given with a name for eg. "SCAN". I want to change these names in the "test to display" column for all the cells in one go. Is it possible ? ...

Naming a formfield
I am using Word 2003, I have added a formfield with code as shown below, declared the ffield as a formfield but the code is debugging with object variable not set for some reason on the '.Name'. I have successfully used this bit of code in other templates I have created. Can anyone offer me an alternative or solution please? Set ffield = _ ActiveDocument.FormFields.Add(Range:=Selection.Range, _ Type:=wdFieldFormTextInput) With ffield .Name = "contaminant" With .Text...

Dynamic sum in Chart
Hello: So I've got this pivot chart that I've created, and it's great, EXCEPT when I select different categories to show up, I want to show a SUM of the categories, not the values of each category. I would appreciate any help/advice you may have. Thank you! Michelle In the pivot table you can select different thing like count and SUM etc. If you right click in the upper left vacant square and chose field settings, then select what you want to see in your data section. Misha wrote: > Hello: > > So I've got this pivot chart that I've created, and it's great...

Error in query referring to Combo Box
I am very new to using VBA to build forms and am having a problem. I trying to embed a query within a public sub routine. The goal of this query is to use an alphanumeric code entered into a combo box on the form to retrieve an associated ID within a table. The bound column of the combo box is text. I have used the following code: Public Sub GetSturID(intSturID As Integer) Dim rsSturID As ADODB.Recordset Set rsSturID = New ADODB.Recordset rsSturID.Open "SELECT tblSturg.SturgID FROM tblSturg WHERE (tblSturg.PIT = '" & cmbPIT.Value & "')" _ &...

Tab seq dynamically...
I have a button which added dynamically to a property sheet. Now for setting the tab sequence with this new button, Am using SetWindowPos() method. Now tab sequence is proper. THE PROBLEM IS Through the arrow keys, I could not navigate to the last button for which I called SetWindowPos. where as through tab keys I could go to the last control. I will appreciate ur help in this. DETAILED DESCRIPTION I have three buttons (OK,Cancel, Help)on the property sheet. I added a button "Default" to the property sheet and positioned between Cancel and Help. I set the tab sequence as ...

How to load specific range of html into Excel?
For excel 2003, does anyone have any suggestions on how to load specific range of html into Excel? For example, I would like to load following link for HKB into sheet(HKB), because the page is so long, and I cannot import the whole page into excel with limited rows. http://www.hkex.com.hk/eng/stat/dmstat/dayrpt/dqe100302.htm#HKB I would like to load starting from "CLASS HKB - HSBC HOLDINGS PLC" .... [all texts are included] until the following text is found, then stop loading, and the following text is not included. "CLASS HKG - HONG KONG & CHINA GAS" ...

SharePoint Alternate Access Mapping to my Dynamics GP BP site
Hello, If I have posted this question in the wrong forum please let me know! I’m looking for some guidance on changing the Alternate Access Mapping for my Dynamics Business Portal site. So I can implement Single Sign On via ISA Server which is supported on one web listener. Present configuration: Default Zone: http://geneva:222 I would like to add: Internet Zone: http://dynamicsbp.proclub.com I presently have another SharePoint Collection (The Main Portal) http://geneva configured which listens on Port: 80. I tried to add the Alternate Access Mapping http://dynamicsbp.proclub.com...

Mail Merge
Hi I am the admin on the crm 4.0 environment here. Whenever i do a mail merge through outlook or through the web client i dont get the create activites dialog box. Instead i always get a pop up saying "Opening this document will run a SQL command and data from the database will be placed into your document" When i click yes to continue , I get a pop saying mail merge can not find the data source... and then two options to remove all merge info or remove data header source.. any ideas what i could do to fix this? regards Snow White ...

dynamic charting #2
Hi I have to update a weekly spreadsheet With week numbers in column B x series and three y series percentages in G,H,I columns. Could someone please help I need these to update automatically. If someone can explain in detail I would appreciate 39 2097 2165 68 1770.7 97 96.86 118.43 40 2443.15 2201 -242.15 1548.93 97 111.00 157.73 41 2162.83 2259 96.17 1600.78 97 95.74 135.11 42 2163.08 2241 77.92 1545.1 97 96.52 140.00 43 2137.5 2271 133.5 1664.6 97 94.12 128.41 44 2160.67 2298 137.33 1455 97 94.02 148.50 Ta Brian ...

Need a method to Dynamicly change the X axis Scale on a chart. #2
I dynamically change the amount of data on a chart. This causes the X axis Scale to either to either show too few values or too many values ( a solid black line if too many). I would like a method to dynamically change the scale values in relation to the data span. Joe - Do you want to limit the number of points displayed? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=246 Or do you want to link the axis scales to something you calculate in the sheet? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Zips/SwitchXYAxes.zip - Jon ----...

Dynamically populate a drop down list
Hi, I'm trying to dynamically populate a drop down list in MS CRM (1.2) based on certain parameters. I suppose I could do it using a SQL stored procedure, but I would prefer to use standard/supported CRM customizations. Any assistance in this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! -Dave- Dave, You can do it in 3.0 pretty easily based upon an example in the SDK... Here are some pretty pictures... http://blogs.msdn.com/midatlanticcrm/archive/2005/12/04/499868.aspx I have not tried it with 1.2, but it could probably work... Thanks Ben "Dave" <renor321@yahoo.com> wrot...

Entourage project calendar item does not appear in regular calendar

CRM Integration with MBS/Dynamics products
Hi, Anyone know anything about the integration between CRM 3.0 and ...say.... Dynamix AX/Axapta? I'm thinking sharing of customer data and such.... Jeppe Jespersen Denmark There is nothing available yet. You would need to build it. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Jeppe Jespersen" <jdj curly jdj dot dk> wrote in message news:OAfVImWLGHA.3276@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... Hi, Anyone know anything about the integration between CRM 3.0 and ...say.... Dynamix AX/Axapta? I'm thinking sharing of customer data and such.... Jeppe Jespersen Denmark ...

Dynamics GP 10 and Dynamics AX 4.0
just a half year ago, our company has started to work with Dynamics AX 4.0. Now i am doing some programming in X++ and almost customizing reports. Accidently, i stumpled on Dynamics GP 10.0 and i am wondering what s the difference between AX and GP? What stands GP for? Maybe GP is to replace AX, and our company backs to wrong horse? Does GP 10 contains AX 4.0? I have learnt lot of X++ programming, would it be possible to using X++ in the GT 10 field, too? Great Plains (GP) is another ERP system that Microsoft acquired a few years ago when it acquired the company of the same name. GP ...

How to access a category name and code from vbscript
I am modifying the lineitem.html for the status bar in Store operation. I want to ask how can i access the category name and code for each item, i only can find a categoryid function, which is in the TransactionEntry.Item.CategoryID, but can not access the name and code for the category Raemond, You will need to retrieve the name and code via SQL using the ID: resultSet=QSRules.OpenRecordset("SELECT Name, Code FROM Category WHERE ID=" & TransactionEntry.Item.CategoryID, true) - Evan Culver New West Technologies Raemond wrote: > I am modifying the lineitem.html for t...

time ranges
hi, I'm currently using ==COUNTIF(F:F,"1:00 PM") to find all the instances of 1:00 PM in my f column of my spreadsheet. What i'm wondering is if there is anyway I can count all the instances of ranges like all the times that fall in between 1 pm - 5 pm. Anyone know how? Thanks One way: =COUNTIF(F2:F100,">=13:00")-COUNTIF(F2:F100,">17:00") -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Diana" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:025301c39748$5f22edf0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > hi, I...

Additional mailboxes not displaying "Mailbox -" before the name
I have seen this with all different versions of Outlook. When you add an additional mailbox to be displayed, it does not always display as "Mailbox - Smith, John" Something it will just display as "Smith, John" Why is this? Mailboxes are both running off E2k or E2k3 and on the same exact server. I have seen it originally being displayed as "Mailbox - Smith, John" but then I recreate the profile and "Mailbox -" disappears. How do I get it back. Is this an application problem? Is there a registry hack to fix it? Thanks, Keith Anybody kno...

Copying a range to another sheet
I have a central data sheet. It has a cell with =TODAY() in it, so it changes with the months, and shifts lit cells around according to dates and workdays. Is there a way to not only save this dynamic data sheet at the end of each day in its current state, but to archive this data to another master sheet as well, so that data is not lost when the month changes? For instance, I only need to save data in column A, C, and G to a range designated for January on a master sheet in the same workbook. When =TODAY() switches to February, I'd like to automatically archive a new month of da...

VBA code to protect cells Outside a given range
hi there, I need to write code allow the user to enter dato only on cells that are unprotected. What I need is to protect cells outside a given range. On a 6 x 6 matrix, where N=3, protect all cells on rows and columns 4,5,6 4,5. If N=2, protect all cells in rows and columns 3,4,5,6. thank you in advance. NeedHelp I have assumed that your 6x6 range is named Matrix..... Sub UnprotectMatrix() Dim N As Integer N = 3 With Range("Matrix") .Parent.Unprotect .Cells.Locked = True .Columns(1).Resize(, N).Locked = False .Parent.Protect End With En...