Dynamic background image in Excel?

In Excel 2003, one can add a background picture to an Excel chart by
selecting...

Format plot area... Fill effects... Picture Tab... Selct Picture...

Is it possible to make the image (picture) acquisition a dynamic
process so that the image will refresh (update) each time Excel opens
or perhaps when a macro is run? The path and file name will be static,
but the image will be new each day.

If the solution is to construct a macro, I can do that, but I was
curious if there is a better way to address this.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Cheers,

icystorm

You are correct, it will require a macro. You can make it so that the picture
is changed when you open the workbook, you can do the following. Open up the
VBE by right-clicking on the sheet tab, view code. In the project navigation
window (if not visible, check under View) navigate to the ThisWorkbook
module. Paste this in, and edit the appropriate lines:

'============
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
    'Tell the macro which sheet to work with
    Sheets("Sheet1").ChartObjects("Chart 1").Activate
    With ActiveChart.PlotArea

    'Which picture file to use?
    .Fill.UserPicture PictureFile:= _
        "C:\My Documents\My Pictures\My picture.bmp"
    .Fill.Visible = True
    End With
End Sub
'=============

--
Best Regards,

Luke M

On Feb 1, 8:21=A0am, Luke M <Lu...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> You are correct, it will require a macro. You can make it so that the pic=
ture
> is changed when you open the workbook, you can do the following. Open up =
the
> VBE by right-clicking on the sheet tab, view code. In the project navigat=
ion
> window (if not visible, check under View) navigate to the ThisWorkbook
> module. Paste this in, and edit the appropriate lines:
>
> '=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
> Private Sub Workbook_Open()
> =A0 =A0 'Tell the macro which sheet to work with
> =A0 =A0 Sheets("Sheet1").ChartObjects("Chart 1").Activate
> =A0 =A0 With ActiveChart.PlotArea
>
> =A0 =A0 'Which picture file to use?
> =A0 =A0 .Fill.UserPicture PictureFile:=3D _
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 "C:\My Documents\My Pictures\My picture.bmp"
> =A0 =A0 .Fill.Visible =3D True
> =A0 =A0 End With
> End Sub
> '=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
>
> --
> Best Regards,
>
> Luke M
> *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!*

Thank you, Luke.
0
icystorm

How to freeze a range in excel 2003and 2007
I want to freeze a group of cells in excel 2007 but when I click on the freeze panes, top row or first column: nothing happens- I mean it scrolls up and down. Also is there anyway I can print an excel worksheet which is several pages long and still have the headings (which is in say the first 3 rows ie A1 - E1 down to A3 - E3) printed on each page? Lets say the headings are on only page 1 but i want it to be on page 2,3,4 to the last page when printed. Can freezing do that? Thanks. Hi In order the Freeze Panes, your cursor needs to be one cell below, and one cell the the right of the Row an...

service calendar in MS Dynamics 4.0
Does anyone knows how we can achieve the following requirement with MSCRM 4.0 In the service calendar in MS Dynamics 4.0 you are able to create new appointments and service activities. Appointments and Service Activities which are created will be present in the Service Calendar. To see all details of such a record[Subject(default Value)] you must open it. But by moving your mouse on the concerning appointment or service activity, a text-box-view appears with primary information. With appointments the content of the following fields is displayed: 'show time as', 'subject...

Excel Problems #4
My Excel is beggining to act strangly. When I click on a cell to hightlight several cells it jumps around and will not highlight.I go to delete a row and it will delete two or three rows at a time. I also tried to open a new workbook and it would not open one. Can someone tell me how to correct this problem? I thank you in advance. Hi maybe re-install a new mouse driver? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Mary Sapp" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1d7c01c4a0fa$74dec080$a601280a@phx.gbl... > My Excel is beggining to act strang...

dynamic resource
Hi, Anybody know how to load e.g. bitmap into resource dynamicaly? The bitmap file will be downloaded by application itself , so it has to be somehow inserted into resource and displayed. thanks What do you mean by "into resoure dynamically"? Do you want to load a ..bmp file and display it? If yes, take a look at GDI+, which is by far the easiest way to achieve this. ---------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com I misspelled this, yes I'd like to load new bitmap on the fly. But resource file looks like is static. I use ATL/MFC applicatation. "Ajay Kalra" <aja...

Word & Excel Problems in Leopard
Here are some of my problems: 1. Blank sheet shows in Print Preview and in Print for new and old documents. 2. New Worksheet or Workbook is weird and unusable in any view. Page Setup does not work - keep getting "margins do not fit page size. If anyone can help with a solution I would be most grateful Joe Hi Joe - The first thing I'd suspect is that you haven't updated your printer driver even though you've converted to a totally new version of OS X. Check the mfr's web site for a new driver & run Disk Utility - Repair Disk Permissions after installing it. Also, m...

Free/Busy Background Color within Calendar
Is there any way to change the background color that shows on your calendar based on the your free/busy settings. For example, if I have any all day appointment and I am out of the office it tints the entire day purple on the calendar. I understand it reflects the color coding for the Free/Tentative/Busy/Out of Office but I don't want this color coding on my calendar I prefer to use the categorize colors -Hildegard EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice In-Memory Data Compression in .NET Part III http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/628a0153-0427-444b-9a5b-710b...

Working in the background
I 'm looking for help on code that I can use to manipulate data in a table in the background without it being visible to the user. I've used Paradox where I would use a tCursor tehnique where I could search for records and update fields as well as add records all in the background. What code would I use to do this in Access. Just need the basics to get me started. Thanks -- Bernie On Sat, 2 Jan 2010 09:14:01 -0800, Bernie Richard <BernieRichard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I 'm looking for help on code that I can use to manipulate data in a tab...

how can i auto text in excel
-- how can i auto text in excel Sue I assume you mean that you want AutoComplete. Go to Tools, Options, Edit and select the box at the bottom: Enable AutoComplete for Cell Values. To set up things to replace (for example I have my version replacing my initials with my name), go to Tools, AutoCorrect Options and set things up in there. HTH David "Sue" wrote: > > -- how can i auto text in excel > Sue ...

online Excel file edit
Hello, I need to enable user to edit Excel file online and save changes for the file back to server(IIS60.0) directly, could you tell me how to do it? Thanks a lot. ...

Dynamic sum in Chart
Hello: So I've got this pivot chart that I've created, and it's great, EXCEPT when I select different categories to show up, I want to show a SUM of the categories, not the values of each category. I would appreciate any help/advice you may have. Thank you! Michelle In the pivot table you can select different thing like count and SUM etc. If you right click in the upper left vacant square and chose field settings, then select what you want to see in your data section. Misha wrote: > Hello: > > So I've got this pivot chart that I've created, and it's great...

Display Multiple Images on a form
Hi I am a newbie to access and I am trying to save space in my database by using code to display my images from a folder instead of embedding them directly into the database. I have a table with over 2000 records and 2 to 4 images per record. I am using Access 2003, but the database will be uploaded to an FTP site then downloaded and used by multilple users with probably different versions of Access. I followed the instructions in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/285820 and it worked great to display one image per record, but I need to display up to 4 images per record. Can anybody ...

Tab seq dynamically...
I have a button which added dynamically to a property sheet. Now for setting the tab sequence with this new button, Am using SetWindowPos() method. Now tab sequence is proper. THE PROBLEM IS Through the arrow keys, I could not navigate to the last button for which I called SetWindowPos. where as through tab keys I could go to the last control. I will appreciate ur help in this. DETAILED DESCRIPTION I have three buttons (OK,Cancel, Help)on the property sheet. I added a button "Default" to the property sheet and positioned between Cancel and Help. I set the tab sequence as ...

Problems opening a Workbook created by Excel 2002
hi everyone can someone explain to me why i have problems opening an excel workboo created in excel 2002 with excel 2003? aren't the latest version b able to open files created by any lower version? also, i aske previously can i have 2 version of excel running and a kind sou answered my question but i already have my 2003 installed an running... how can i install the 2002 now? does that i have t uninstall 2003 first, then install 2002, then 2003...? because the sol given to me was to install them in chronological order... is there an other way out because by uninstalling 2003 first, i wou...

Prininting to PDF cuts off top of image
I've inserted an image into the Report Page Header. When I've printed it to a PDF file and look at it, the top of the image is missing and yet whenn I print it to a printer is shows up. Any ideas on this? Thanks. ...

can i use excel to generate web links
Hi, I work for a charity - we're going through our donors at the moment and have to search for each one individually in the charity commision website. I was wondering if there's a way of using excel, which already has our data in, to generate urls linking to the above site's (or any) search engine incorporating the contents of a cell. ie: i'm searching for dog the search page url is www.search.com/search=?? and want to genenerate www.search.com/search=dog I want to generate one of each of these for each donor any thoughts would be greatly appreciated thanks simon Maybe yo...

Write to excel with odb
net newb here... i found this intro but dont' know where to go from here Sub WriteExcelFileWithJet() 'If your purpose of use Excel is only to store data in a sheet, you do not need to run Excel application at all. Simply use MS Jet OLDDB driver and ..NET System.Data.OleDb name space (OleDbConnection) to query/retrieve data and update from/to Excel sheet. This way you will not need to deal the famous Excel.Application remains in memory issue, which has been raised so many times. Dim ODB As System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection ODB.ConnectionString = "Provider=Micro...

how do i do supply and demand curves in excel?
I'm not sure what a supply and demand curve is, so I can't help you. "apeet310" <apeet310@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:67042B33-1FE1-40AC-A1BB-226D297D0AC6@microsoft.com... > It depends on what you are charting. For a basic supply and demand chart as applied to economics, you can use an XY Scatter chart. This site shows how you could set one up: http://www.producingohio.org/lesson/draw.html Supply and demand charts for daily stock trading are more complicated. They typically use bars that show each component by time. Can you post bac...

Mailto in Excel ??
I've got a column of email addresses in Excel (exported from Outlook Express) and for some reason only one is properly coded as a 'mailto' hyperlink. Is there a way to select that column and convert all the email addresses to hyperlink (mailto) addresses? I tried but they ended up as mailto: [blank]. I of course want them to be coded as mailto: [the listed email address already in the cell] Might I have to run a macro and enter each one in individually? (I hope not.) Any help would be greatly appreciated. Bob http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm#MakeEmailLinks ...

Excel cannot recognize files on diskette
The diskette has become 'labeled' differently. Doing a directory only shows two files from the 'other' label. By reviewing the space available on the diskette, it is obvious that the other files are still on the diskette, but cannot be accessed by excel - they are all excel files. Suggestions on how to 'break' the 'non-recognition' by excel of the other files on the diskette????? Thanks! Never, never, try to work on an Excel file (or any Office doc) from a floppy. Copy to hard drive, work on it and Save, use Windows to copy back to floppy - if you trus...

SharePoint Alternate Access Mapping to my Dynamics GP BP site
Hello, If I have posted this question in the wrong forum please let me know! I’m looking for some guidance on changing the Alternate Access Mapping for my Dynamics Business Portal site. So I can implement Single Sign On via ISA Server which is supported on one web listener. Present configuration: Default Zone: http://geneva:222 I would like to add: Internet Zone: http://dynamicsbp.proclub.com I presently have another SharePoint Collection (The Main Portal) http://geneva configured which listens on Port: 80. I tried to add the Alternate Access Mapping http://dynamicsbp.proclub.com...

How to load specific range of html into Excel?
For excel 2003, does anyone have any suggestions on how to load specific range of html into Excel? For example, I would like to load following link for HKB into sheet(HKB), because the page is so long, and I cannot import the whole page into excel with limited rows. http://www.hkex.com.hk/eng/stat/dmstat/dayrpt/dqe100302.htm#HKB I would like to load starting from "CLASS HKB - HSBC HOLDINGS PLC" .... [all texts are included] until the following text is found, then stop loading, and the following text is not included. "CLASS HKG - HONG KONG & CHINA GAS" ...

Excel/VBA
Help!!! Excel/VBA The need: To collapse a spreadsheet by deleting irrelevant rows conditioned on a cell in the row. Question 1: Is there an intrinsic way of doing this built into Excel? Question 2: I am trying to do it with VBA by cutting and pasting rows as follows : ActiveSheet.Rows("(SrcRow)").Cut ActiveSheet.Rows("(DsrRow)").Paste I keep getting “Type mismatch error” messages. I tried other variations but I get the impression that “Cut” and “Paste” and “Rows” and “Range” only accept constants to designate a range, not variables. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Rob...

dynamic charting #2
Hi I have to update a weekly spreadsheet With week numbers in column B x series and three y series percentages in G,H,I columns. Could someone please help I need these to update automatically. If someone can explain in detail I would appreciate 39 2097 2165 68 1770.7 97 96.86 118.43 40 2443.15 2201 -242.15 1548.93 97 111.00 157.73 41 2162.83 2259 96.17 1600.78 97 95.74 135.11 42 2163.08 2241 77.92 1545.1 97 96.52 140.00 43 2137.5 2271 133.5 1664.6 97 94.12 128.41 44 2160.67 2298 137.33 1455 97 94.02 148.50 Ta Brian ...

Clip Gallery image
Found a photo in Publisher Clip Art Gallery I'd like to use in a magazine ad, but the image is low resolution. How do I locate / acquire a high resolution file of that image? You cannot obtain a high resolution image. -- This is from the help section on the Design Gallery For Commercial Printers with High-End Equipment In some cases, using a standard photo from Publisher 2002 Content CD's may not produce an image of high enough resolution for the type of printing you are doing. To meet this need, Design Gallery Live makes available high-resolution images for professional printin...

CRM Integration with MBS/Dynamics products
Hi, Anyone know anything about the integration between CRM 3.0 and ...say.... Dynamix AX/Axapta? I'm thinking sharing of customer data and such.... Jeppe Jespersen Denmark There is nothing available yet. You would need to build it. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Jeppe Jespersen" <jdj curly jdj dot dk> wrote in message news:OAfVImWLGHA.3276@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... Hi, Anyone know anything about the integration between CRM 3.0 and ...say.... Dynamix AX/Axapta? I'm thinking sharing of customer data and such.... Jeppe Jespersen Denmark ...