Duplicate records in Excel

How do I highliht duplicate records in Excel?
I created a data base in Excel, and discovered that there are duplicate tag
numbers from the old paper work I'm pulling data off of.  So I'm looking for
a way to get Excel to find those duplicate records and highlight the rows
they are in.
0
Sheidsa (1)

Sheidsa, have a look here  http://cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Sheidsa" <Sheidsa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I highliht duplicate records in Excel?
> I created a data base in Excel, and discovered that there are duplicate
tag
> numbers from the old paper work I'm pulling data off of.  So I'm looking
for
> a way to get Excel to find those duplicate records and highlight the rows
> they are in.

Duplicates

Paste Special drops cells from Word and Excell
Our church is using Publisher 2003 to do our bulletin and newsletter. When we try and use Paste Special to paste the calendar from Word 2003, it drops the last row of cells bottom of calendar (they do not show up in Publisher). If we go back to Word 2003, new document, and paste, everything is there. The same thing happens when we try to Paste Special from Excel 2003. It drops the last column of the Excel sheet. Any suggestions on how to fix this? The calendar and Excel sheet are put together by another individual ( not the secretary) and emailed to the church office. The secre...

Receiving duplicate emails

MS Excel VBA Pivot table link cell fetch records
I have a table 'tbl_Final' in MS Access 2007 where the data is used and cached in a pivot table found in the 'Data' worksheet in MS Excel 2007. In this MS Excel 2007 workbook, I have various worksheets reports which links to the pivot table values found 'Data' worksheet. I linked formulae in one of the cells found the worksheet reports, looks like this: =GETPIVOTDATA("Amount",Data!$B$4,"Month", 2,"Year","2008","Scenario","Budget") Lets say the cell value total is: 1000 So, In pivot: 1000 ...

Merge Excel Docs
I need to merge two excel docs. Both have the exact same colomns of data. But I updated some of the cells in the new document. I need to merge those new cells into the apropriate rows and leave all other data unchanged in the old document. Unfortunatly, there really is no reference in the old or new document that points to the specific row with the cells that needs to be updated. I could specify the rows by number in each doc if need be. Not same number of rows/columns. Not limited to rows or columns - random. Volume is small, rows x columns is 761x9 in the old doc. 37x9 in the new doc. ...

General questions about Visual Basic and Excel/Access
Hello, I'm not sure where or how to ask these questions, so bear with me because I am new to these forums. I'm a programmer and relatively new to .NET. My company will soon be upgrading from Office 2003 to 2007 (in about 6 months, give or take). To complicate matters, we are also transitioning many of our VB6 applications to VB 2005. Our VB6 and VB.NET programs interoperate fine with Office 2003. The programs export data to Excel (both .xls and .csv formats). With respect to Access, they simply read from and write to tables. Again, there seems to be no compatibility issue...

Excel Formula #17
In Excel 2000, can I create a formula that will auto populate a cell depending on a specific argument. Such as, If cell A3 is "yes", then B3 should auto populate 25%; if cell A3 is "no", then B3 should auto populate 0%. In cell B3: =IF(A3="yes",25%,0%) But what if cell A3 is something else? =IF(A3="yes",25%,IF(A3="no",0%,"Don't know")) Format B3 as Percentage -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "IndyAspen" <IndyAspen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:48650C34-8455-4D22-8E...

97 Excel Shutdown error
When I go to close out a file in Microsoft 97 excel the title bar goes grayscale and the programme hangs until I press the Esc button and then I am back to an active file. In order to close the file I must go Ctrl/Alt/Delete and then I receive the following message: "The system cannot end this program because it is waiting for a response from you." Question: how can I fix this? I am using Windows XP Home Edition. Scott ...

Excel 2008 on MacBook Air extremely slow

Show me these records
Ok, I guess I didn't really post what I needed earlier. I need to see the info in column a,b,c,d,e,f where column "c" contains street name of "ivycrest" and I have multiple streets. How do I do this? Please help? MS Access has records and MS Excel has columns. You would use a Query in MS Access and Find in MS Excel. Tammy wrote: > Ok, I guess I didn't really post what I needed earlier. > > I need to see the info in column a,b,c,d,e,f where column "c" contains > street name of "ivycrest" > > and I have multiple st...

Excel crashes when doing Save As
Excel apparently tries to do some calculations, but freezes at the "100%" point (as shown in the status bar). Then the whole program crashes (prompts for reporting error and performing recovery). This happens with: * a particular workbook * on different computers when: * doing Save As and altering file name or location, both manually or with VBA Thanks for any help... -- edanius ------------------------------------------------------------------------ edanius's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31771 View this thread: http://www.excelfo...

Outlook interfering with Excel?
Our email server is 2003 running exchange 2003 in a 2000 domain. The client is running Win 2000 sp 5 and office xp. The problem is when they are working in Excel and Outlook is open, when they receive an e-mail, the content of the cell in which they are working in Excel turns to the 2 letters "jf". If they do not notice then then the contents are saved. Email notification is turned off. Any suggestions? Regards, ...

Using Excel to WRITE to a closed Excel file
Somebody told me that the best way to use Excel (and VBA) to write to a closed (.xlsx) Excel file is to first open the file, write changes using VBA code, then close the file. Well, I don't really want the target write file to open on the screen and let my users see the file changes happen. My question is, is there a way to invisibly or stealthily open a closed Excel file, write changes, then close the file without anybody see this all happen?? Also, does anyone know of an alternative way to write to a closed Excel file using VBA/Excel?? Thank you! application.scree...

Office Excel 2007
When I double click on an Excel file Excel open but the file never loads and the display says DONE. I get a message "cant find file". My guess is that you have a missing or poorly written addin installed that interrupts the startup routine. See help on addins to remove it. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Office Use" <OfficeUse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9177293D-B986-48D5-8A48-CEDAB466813D@microsoft.com... > When I double click on an Excel file Excel open but the file never loads > and > the display says DONE. I get a message "can...

Duplicate, Duplicate, dupli ...

Matching records in two lists
I have a list of part numbers in one range (list) on a worksheet with the description in another columns. In a seprate range (list) on the same worksheet, I want to see if there are any matches in the part number column. How is this done? > I have a list of part numbers in one range (list) on a worksheet with the > description in another columns. In a seprate range (list) on the same > worksheet, I want to see if there are any matches in the part number column. Sounds like a job for the COUNTIF() function. I had a similar question and this is the answer I received from ...

Sorting Records
I am using search predicate to populate a form. I am wondering if it is possible to set the sort order when using this method. If a user enters data in the Number field I would like to sort by number, however, if the user enter criteria in the lock field I would like the records sorted by the lock field. Here is the code I am using: varWhere = Null '''If specified a prisoner number If Not IsNothing(Me.PNumber) Then '''build the predicate varWhere = "[txtNumber] LIKE '" & Me.PNumber & "*'" & " AND &...

How do I completely remove any record of a deleted investment?
In Money 2000, I sold an investment and deleted the investment. Now I have again bought shares in that investment but Money won't let me give the investment the same name as it had before. It tells me I can;t use that name because it belongs to deleted investment. But I have to use the exact name in order for the transaction download to work. Any ideas? -- Randy Bratton You can make the investment viewable by making a dividend transaction to that investment from any account. Once you've done that, you should be able to undelete it. -- "Randy Bratton" <RandyBrat...

how to close group in excel 2007?
how to close group in excel 2007? TIA. I have the same problem. Anyone? "news.microsoft.com" wrote: > how to close group in excel 2007? > TIA. > ...

Export from excel
Hi I need help about exporting data from excel to another db. Can I and how do I do it. Thanks! Depends on what the other db is. If you open that db file and do File|import (or something like that), you'll see all the formats that that db program can import. Then back to excel and do File|SaveAs. You may be able to find a common format. Maria wrote: > > Hi I need help about exporting data from excel to another db. > Can I and how do I do it. > > Thanks! -- Dave Peterson It´s a administration (?) program, XOR Compact 4.5 "Dave Peterson" skrev: &...

How do I duplicate numbering on a raffle?
I am creating an event ticket but would like to number the tickets on both the left and right sides of the ticket. Create a data base with your numbers. Use mail merge for the tickets. You can insert a mail merge field on both sides of your ticket. When you merge have one ticket on your screen. What version Publisher are you using. Some early versions of Publisher shows all the merge items the same in print preview. This is a Publisher bug. Mail, e-mail, and catalog merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH100502901033.aspx -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Candi...

What are the advantages of using Access over Excel?
Homework? -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "dems" <dems@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11A30FC3-E7D8-4F24-8949-9EBD0A4CD3D6@microsoft.com... > What are the advantages of using a car over a telephone ? HTH. best wishes Harald "dems" <dems@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:11A30FC3-E7D8-4F24-8949-9EBD0A4CD3D6@microsoft.com... > They ask meaningless things like this in schools ? Disturbing. Best wishes Harald "Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretiscali.co.uk> ...