Duplicate file opening

Everytime I try to open my spreadsheet, it opens 2 files.
one with the file name :1 at the end, and the other with :2
The second file is scaled all to fit page, and is
therefore about 50% of actual size. The second file looks
normal.
When I close either file, they both close.
My spreadsheet has a print macro, but even deleting this
and/or disabling macros and renaming the file makes no
difference.
This also happens when I open this file on other machines.
Can anyone help?
0
anonymous (74719)

Open the workbook press ctrl + F4 to close one window, save the workbook.
You opened an extra window (window>new window) and then saved it, to take it
off
you have to close that extra window and then save it.

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Susan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Everytime I try to open my spreadsheet, it opens 2 files.
> one with the file name :1 at the end, and the other with :2
> The second file is scaled all to fit page, and is
> therefore about 50% of actual size. The second file looks
> normal.
> When I close either file, they both close.
> My spreadsheet has a print macro, but even deleting this
> and/or disabling macros and renaming the file makes no
> difference.
> This also happens when I open this file on other machines.
> Can anyone help?

0
terre08 (1112)
8/5/2004 12:10:37 PM
Wow that solved it - thanks!

0
anonymous (74719)
8/5/2004 1:05:55 PM
My pleasure, thanks for the feedback

--

> Wow that solved it - thanks!

0
terre08 (1112)

launch app and read file by drag and drop
How do I get my application to open and read a file when the file's icon has been dragged onto the application icon? I can drop a file onto the open application and read it, but I can't figure out how the application gets the file name when the file's dropped onto the icon. I'm using VS 6.0. ...

Duplicates

.IQY Files!!!
Hello Pros i'm Newb , Totally Newb to Excel :( How do i make Excel Files that End up With .iqy i need Excel to Extract Information From a website , like a income statement of a stock , Balance sheet , cash flow statement of that specific Stock ! is it possible that each team i Open the files it let's me type in the stock Symbol that i need that information for ? i don't know how to make this File !!! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ is that possible ? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ "Pivotrend >" wrote > How do i m...

*.pst file for IMAP
Hi, Is there a way to redirect the *.pst file for a IMAP account to a folder on the local network? Best regards, /LS Lennart Svenssson <lensv@ituf.liu.se> wrote: > Is there a way to redirect the *.pst file for a IMAP account to a > folder on the local network? Afraid not. -- Brian Tillman ...

Photo attachments no longer open correctly
This just started happening. Whenever I open a photo attachment in Outlook e-mail, MS Photo Editor opens, but its minimized. I can maximize it only, it will not restore to a partial window. What happened? ...

Color quality changes when I open Outlook 2007
The color quality on my computer changes from 32 bits to 8 bits when I first open Outlook. It also does it when I link to the internet from an email. I have to go back to my desktop to change the color quality back to 32 bits. This corrects the appearance of Outlook, but if I have linked to the internet, the website nav bars are still all blacked out. In some cases, the text is blacked out and other times, the color quality is still messed up on the website. Has anyone else experienced this? There is another user set up on the same computer that does not experience these iss...

HELP! How to extract information in inbox/sentbox into a text file
Can any one tell me how to extract the information of new mails in m inbox/sentbox, including the sender name, message subject and messag time, into a text file ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Money 2004 crash in mnyob99.dll with new file
I just upgraded to money 2004. Whenever I created a new file (via File->New File), money crashes and the system (XP) reported the fault was in mnyob99.dll. This means that I won't be able to create any new money file at all. I also followed some earlier message by opening the sample money file, it works, but then it still crashed when I tried to create a new file. I searched suport.microsoft.com and did not find anything that would solve the problem. Please help. Thanks. MJ - I have a very similary problem installing money 2003, and the suggested help provided to me in an earlier mes...

Receiving duplicate emails

csv file download
I have 17 csv files that I download individually daily from a website, can anyone tell me the quickest way to do this ie some sort of automation. Thanks Les. Consider using the Microsoft.XMLHTTP object. With VBScript you could do something like: Sub GetCSV(sSource, sDest) Dim oHTTP, oFSO, oTS Set oHTTP = WScript.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP") Set oFSO = WScript.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") Set oTS = oFSO.CreateTextFile(sDest, True) oHTTP.open "GET", sSource, False oHTTP.send oTS.Write oHTTP.responseText oTS.Close Set oTS ...

opening email
When I double click on an email that I received, the message will not open in another window. The only thing that happens is that email is displayed as open in my taskbar. I've always been able to open into another window until now. Please advise. It is actually opening "off-screen". Right click on the minimized window tab on the Taskbar and select Move. Now use the arrow keys to get it in the screen. Close all other windows except this one and use the cursor to drag the message to the size you want. File | Exit, and Windows will remember the size when you ope...

Cannot play some WMA files in WMP12
Most of my music plays fine, but some of the WMA's i have that were ripped with a previous version of WMP will not play in WMP12 and also WMP cant read the tags in the file properly. You might have better luck reposting this on the Windows 7 Media forum: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itpromedia/threads . This forum is aimed more specifically at problems with WMP 12. Regards -- Tim De Baets http://www.bm-productions.tk Chops II wrote: > Most of my music plays fine, but some of the WMA's i have that were ripped > with a previous version of...

File saved yesterday is blank today, how do I retrieve?
A file that I work on nearly everyday is now empty of any data. I saved changes yesterday, and on opening today the worksheet has no data. How can I retrieve a previous to yesterday version of this file? Unless you have a backup process in place and can recover a copy from the backup, the data is probably lost. If you deleted a copy of it, you might find an older copy of it in the Recovery Bin. You might do a 'Search' of 'My Computer' to see if you accidentally saved it somewhere that you don't remember saving the final copy. Sorry to be the bearer of ...

Determine File Location
Hi, Is it possible (in VBA) to check and see where an Access file is being opened/accessed from? For example: If mdb/mde file attempting to be opened resides in C:\db then 'do something else 'do something else end if Thanks, alex "alex" <sql_aid@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:4f320ceb-c85f-41f7-b852-9598cc9cb2a6@m26g2000yqb.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Is it possible (in VBA) to check and see where an Access file is being > opened/accessed from? > > For example: > If mdb/mde file attempting to be opened resides in C:\db...

Duplicate, Duplicate, dupli ...

Adding only new files to a backup folder
I have a folder containing some five thousand files sorted in numerous subfolders, totaling about 800GB so far and counting. I occasionally add a new file to an appropriate subfolder. So far I safegurd by copying the entire folder on a backup drive. Such a task naturally takes long, long time (two days or longer) even though only a small fraction of the files population is newly created or modified. I am looking for a way that first compares the backup folder witht the parent folder to isolate newly added files and then copies them to the existing backup folder. This way I shou...

How do I duplicate numbering on a raffle?
I am creating an event ticket but would like to number the tickets on both the left and right sides of the ticket. Create a data base with your numbers. Use mail merge for the tickets. You can insert a mail merge field on both sides of your ticket. When you merge have one ticket on your screen. What version Publisher are you using. Some early versions of Publisher shows all the merge items the same in print preview. This is a Publisher bug. Mail, e-mail, and catalog merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH100502901033.aspx -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Candi...

How to delete "non-identical" duplicate records in an Access table
How to delete "non-identical" duplicate records in an Access Table? Where "non-identical" duplicate record means a record in the table that has slightly different datum in one of the fields, but an identical duplicate datum in the field that I am concerned with. For example: SSN MRN CLIENT NAME 001-00-2222 11170419 Smith, Jane 001-00-2222 11170419 Smith, Jane T 001-00-2222 11170419 Smith, Jane Thompson The data of these two records in the fields SSN and MRN are identical; but "non-identical" in the CLIENT NAME field (notice...

Can't open file in Outlook
I keep getting a message about: "can't open file: X:\xxx\xxx.msg The file may not exist, you may not have permissions to open it, or it may be open by another program. Right-click the folder that contains the file, and then click Properties to check your permissions to the folder" when trying to open some message files. Now, the file is there, but it won't allow me to open it, move it, or do anything to it, saying it has created a sharing violation. What's wrong with Outlook 2000? This is Outlook 2000 SP3. Thanks! ...

Automatically open excel file after log in
How can I automatically open the excel file when log in to Windows Create a shortcut to the file and drop it into your Windows STARTUP folder -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Emkay" <Emkay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:572FC2E4-D49B-...

Duplicate ItemLookupcode
Any clues on how I could get duplicate itemlookupcodes?? I found a few of them recently. No SQL queries have been run to generate them and if I try to create a duplicate itemLookupCodes I am stopped with a message telling me to use a unique name. How could they have gotten in the database? Any clues, boos or comments appreciated. Thanks for all the help! Jamie W This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001F_01C755DB.F64982C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable As you mentioned, RMS Manager doesn't ...

Trouble opening Word documents while reviewing toolbar shown
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel When I use the reviewing toolbar in a document, Word is slower than usual. When I open two or more documents with the reviewing toolbar open is hard to switch from one documento to the other (I have to press the keys twice and sometimes I also have to clic on the document I want to see before it's actually &quot;active&quot;). <br><br>But the greatest trouble is when I have one document open with the reviewing bar and I want to open another one that I previously saved without the aforment...