Duplicate File Message opening an Excel 97 file from Windows Expl.

When I open an Excel 97 file from Windows Explorer or the Documents menu of
the Start button, the document opens, and I get a message that "A document
with the name "XXXXX" is already open.  You cannot open two documents with
the same name, evan if the documents are in different folders."  If I start
Excel, firs, I don't get this message.
0
B1 (229)

Hi
see:
http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Mark B wrote:
> When I open an Excel 97 file from Windows Explorer or the Documents
> menu of the Start button, the document opens, and I get a message
> that "A document with the name "XXXXX" is already open.  You cannot
> open two documents with the same name, evan if the documents are in
> different folders."  If I start Excel, firs, I don't get this
message.

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Export address book from Windows live to M/S Outlook
Hi Can someone please tell me how to export my address book from Windows Live to Microsoft Outlook . Have tried to do it through Import/Export but with no luck. Have managed to transfer all mail. Mzany thanks Carol Windows Live Mail Newsgroup. In your newsreader: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop On the Web: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "carolnpete" <cnp@ntlw...

launch app and read file by drag and drop
How do I get my application to open and read a file when the file's icon has been dragged onto the application icon? I can drop a file onto the open application and read it, but I can't figure out how the application gets the file name when the file's dropped onto the icon. I'm using VS 6.0. ...

Duplicates

Windows mail cleared all messages and now says low disk space
i've tried opening my files in windws mail but they have all been deleted (from all folders) when i go onto any of the remaining folders and click on it, all i get is; folder could not be opened possible causes low disk space. firstly why would it suddenly delete everyone of my emails and secondly where would it put them? See here for background: www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx and see point 3 = here for the future: www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3 Then try repairing the database: www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/ and then see if you can open the folders. Also search for *.eml and see...

.IQY Files!!!
Hello Pros i'm Newb , Totally Newb to Excel :( How do i make Excel Files that End up With .iqy i need Excel to Extract Information From a website , like a income statement of a stock , Balance sheet , cash flow statement of that specific Stock ! is it possible that each team i Open the files it let's me type in the stock Symbol that i need that information for ? i don't know how to make this File !!! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ is that possible ? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ "Pivotrend >" wrote > How do i m...

message rules to back-up
I have found myself wanting to format my hard drive and reinstall windows 200 pro and want to save my message rules. Is there a way to do this? What version of Outlook, typically though you can go to the Rules Wizard > select the Options button > export Rules. "Scotty Resch" <sresch@cox.net> wrote in message news:080101c366d0$50ad9610$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have found myself wanting to format my hard drive and > reinstall windows 200 pro and want to save my message > rules. Is there a way to do this? ...

*.pst file for IMAP
Hi, Is there a way to redirect the *.pst file for a IMAP account to a folder on the local network? Best regards, /LS Lennart Svenssson <lensv@ituf.liu.se> wrote: > Is there a way to redirect the *.pst file for a IMAP account to a > folder on the local network? Afraid not. -- Brian Tillman ...

Export To Excel error
I have a report with numeric data that displays correctly on a web page or exported as csv or xml. However, when it's exported as Excel, the "number" formated column displays as "#Value!". the currency formated column displays correctly everywhere. The numeric column is an integer and is a sum (ie. Sum(Fields!MonthUnits.Value). What should I change to get the data to display correctly in Excel. I can't find any other instances in the other reports. Thanks in advance, Kevin On 9 Nov, 22:30, "Kevin Vogler" <kvog...@turnkeytec.com>...

Photo attachments no longer open correctly
This just started happening. Whenever I open a photo attachment in Outlook e-mail, MS Photo Editor opens, but its minimized. I can maximize it only, it will not restore to a partial window. What happened? ...

Excel crashes when doing Save As
Excel apparently tries to do some calculations, but freezes at the "100%" point (as shown in the status bar). Then the whole program crashes (prompts for reporting error and performing recovery). This happens with: * a particular workbook * on different computers when: * doing Save As and altering file name or location, both manually or with VBA Thanks for any help... -- edanius ------------------------------------------------------------------------ edanius's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31771 View this thread: http://www.excelfo...

HELP! How to extract information in inbox/sentbox into a text file
Can any one tell me how to extract the information of new mails in m inbox/sentbox, including the sender name, message subject and messag time, into a text file ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Outlook interfering with Excel?
Our email server is 2003 running exchange 2003 in a 2000 domain. The client is running Win 2000 sp 5 and office xp. The problem is when they are working in Excel and Outlook is open, when they receive an e-mail, the content of the cell in which they are working in Excel turns to the 2 letters "jf". If they do not notice then then the contents are saved. Email notification is turned off. Any suggestions? Regards, ...

Color quality changes when I open Outlook 2007
The color quality on my computer changes from 32 bits to 8 bits when I first open Outlook. It also does it when I link to the internet from an email. I have to go back to my desktop to change the color quality back to 32 bits. This corrects the appearance of Outlook, but if I have linked to the internet, the website nav bars are still all blacked out. In some cases, the text is blacked out and other times, the color quality is still messed up on the website. Has anyone else experienced this? There is another user set up on the same computer that does not experience these iss...

Money 2004 crash in mnyob99.dll with new file
I just upgraded to money 2004. Whenever I created a new file (via File->New File), money crashes and the system (XP) reported the fault was in mnyob99.dll. This means that I won't be able to create any new money file at all. I also followed some earlier message by opening the sample money file, it works, but then it still crashed when I tried to create a new file. I searched suport.microsoft.com and did not find anything that would solve the problem. Please help. Thanks. MJ - I have a very similary problem installing money 2003, and the suggested help provided to me in an earlier mes...

Merge Excel Docs
I need to merge two excel docs. Both have the exact same colomns of data. But I updated some of the cells in the new document. I need to merge those new cells into the apropriate rows and leave all other data unchanged in the old document. Unfortunatly, there really is no reference in the old or new document that points to the specific row with the cells that needs to be updated. I could specify the rows by number in each doc if need be. Not same number of rows/columns. Not limited to rows or columns - random. Volume is small, rows x columns is 761x9 in the old doc. 37x9 in the new doc. ...

MS Excel VBA Pivot table link cell fetch records
I have a table 'tbl_Final' in MS Access 2007 where the data is used and cached in a pivot table found in the 'Data' worksheet in MS Excel 2007. In this MS Excel 2007 workbook, I have various worksheets reports which links to the pivot table values found 'Data' worksheet. I linked formulae in one of the cells found the worksheet reports, looks like this: =GETPIVOTDATA("Amount",Data!$B$4,"Month", 2,"Year","2008","Scenario","Budget") Lets say the cell value total is: 1000 So, In pivot: 1000 ...

Receiving duplicate emails

Error with "Export to Excel"
In Great Plains from any results of a search window, there is an Excel program icon in the top bar. When I click on the icon to export my search result to an Excel speadsheet, no data is transferred. Excel is opened but the page is empty AND I receive an error message: Product = Extender, Script = Export_ListView of for ExcelExportObject, Error Class = EXCEPTION_CLASS_OBJECT_EXCEPTION, SubClass = ExceptionSubClass:-2147352559, Error = Does not support a collection II. My company has a site site license with 35 users and NO ONE else has this probem. I had my IT person re-format the hard dri...

opening email
When I double click on an email that I received, the message will not open in another window. The only thing that happens is that email is displayed as open in my taskbar. I've always been able to open into another window until now. Please advise. It is actually opening "off-screen". Right click on the minimized window tab on the Taskbar and select Move. Now use the arrow keys to get it in the screen. Close all other windows except this one and use the cursor to drag the message to the size you want. File | Exit, and Windows will remember the size when you ope...

csv file download
I have 17 csv files that I download individually daily from a website, can anyone tell me the quickest way to do this ie some sort of automation. Thanks Les. Consider using the Microsoft.XMLHTTP object. With VBScript you could do something like: Sub GetCSV(sSource, sDest) Dim oHTTP, oFSO, oTS Set oHTTP = WScript.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP") Set oFSO = WScript.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") Set oTS = oFSO.CreateTextFile(sDest, True) oHTTP.open "GET", sSource, False oHTTP.send oTS.Write oHTTP.responseText oTS.Close Set oTS ...

File saved yesterday is blank today, how do I retrieve?
A file that I work on nearly everyday is now empty of any data. I saved changes yesterday, and on opening today the worksheet has no data. How can I retrieve a previous to yesterday version of this file? Unless you have a backup process in place and can recover a copy from the backup, the data is probably lost. If you deleted a copy of it, you might find an older copy of it in the Recovery Bin. You might do a 'Search' of 'My Computer' to see if you accidentally saved it somewhere that you don't remember saving the final copy. Sorry to be the bearer of ...

Cannot play some WMA files in WMP12
Most of my music plays fine, but some of the WMA's i have that were ripped with a previous version of WMP will not play in WMP12 and also WMP cant read the tags in the file properly. You might have better luck reposting this on the Windows 7 Media forum: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itpromedia/threads . This forum is aimed more specifically at problems with WMP 12. Regards -- Tim De Baets http://www.bm-productions.tk Chops II wrote: > Most of my music plays fine, but some of the WMA's i have that were ripped > with a previous version of...

Determine File Location
Hi, Is it possible (in VBA) to check and see where an Access file is being opened/accessed from? For example: If mdb/mde file attempting to be opened resides in C:\db then 'do something else 'do something else end if Thanks, alex "alex" <sql_aid@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:4f320ceb-c85f-41f7-b852-9598cc9cb2a6@m26g2000yqb.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Is it possible (in VBA) to check and see where an Access file is being > opened/accessed from? > > For example: > If mdb/mde file attempting to be opened resides in C:\db...