Duplicate Entries #4

Hi All
Can Excel somehow detect that you have two same entries within a different
worksheet but in the same file? This may sound a bit ambigous, so here is an
example of what I mean: say I had a file called "my_spreadshit.xls" and with
in it, sheet1 and sheet2 contained some info that was the same. Can I
highlight it or identify it using some search function?
Cheers

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm

you can use the same technique as in the above link or from the same website
you can download

compare.zip

a utility written by Myrna Larson and Bill Manville

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"george" <NOSPAM@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> Hi All
> Can Excel somehow detect that you have two same entries within a different
> worksheet but in the same file? This may sound a bit ambigous, so here is
an
> example of what I mean: say I had a file called "my_spreadshit.xls" and
with
> in it, sheet1 and sheet2 contained some info that was the same. Can I
> highlight it or identify it using some search function?
> Cheers

0
terre08 (1112)
1/21/2004 1:09:11 PM
Hi
I tried that  code suggested by Mr Pearson.....it works well on
labels.....but not on numbers.
Any idea how to do the same with numbers
Thanks

"Peo Sjoblom" <terre08@mvp.org> wrote in message
> http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm
>
> you can use the same technique as in the above link or from the same
website
> you can download
>
> compare.zip
>
> a utility written by Myrna Larson and Bill Manville
>
> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Peo Sjoblom
>

> "george" <NOSPAM@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> > Hi All
> > Can Excel somehow detect that you have two same entries within a
different
> > worksheet but in the same file? This may sound a bit ambigous, so here
is
> an
> > example of what I mean: say I had a file called "my_spreadshit.xls" and
> with
> > in it, sheet1 and sheet2 contained some info that was the same. Can I
> > highlight it or identify it using some search function?
> > Cheers

0
ianmacfa (16)

Duplicates

Tax details from PO to Receiving Transaction Entry
I created a Purchase Order in POP and it is including taxes, when i attempt to receive it, it does not default the tax amount previously entered in PO. why do i need to re-enter it again? Do i miss anything here? Thanks, Taxes from the PO do not carry over the Receiving Transaction - go figure . . . Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com ...

Shared Workbooks #4
I am sharing a workbook across a network. Sometimes it seems that when a user quits out their session is not ended. ie: we end up with the shared workbook showing as being open several times by one user. Any ideas as to why this might be happening? Thanks ...

questions #4
dave, thanks for the explanation. i just have a couple of more questions about what you mentioned. in effect, until i have a number that is 4 digits or longer, there wil always be a null padding around the number if i use long. is tha correct? in which case, can i presume that if the number is less than digits long when the variable is declared as 'long', i will always hav to use trim? or is there a way to circumvent it, that is, carry o without having to using trim and cstr (i had also tried cstr whil experimenting)? thanks, mac -- icestationzbr -------------------------------...

If .NET 4.0 is new.....
If .NET 4.0 is a completely new framework, will anything compiled for 1.0 up to 3.5 work with only 4.0 installed? -- Tim. The comments I've seen in other places say you must have the previous versions installed or 4.0 won't install and/or run. "Tim Munro" <Excelsior@Liamtoh.moc> wrote in message news:%235gAFT46KHA.5708@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > If .NET 4.0 is a completely new framework, will anything compiled for 1.0 > up to 3.5 work with only 4.0 installed? > > -- > Tim. > > "Jerry" <ChiefZekeNoSpam@...

Receiving duplicate emails

Error message
When I try to open Outlook 2000 (Vista OS) it always opens the Outlook 2000 Startup dialog box, as if startup never completed. Then I get the message "The procedure entry point StrTokEx could not be located in the dynamic link library MSOERT2.dll. I've tried to uninstall Outlook but it doesn't appear in Control Panel/ Programs or in Windows Install Cleanup. I've tried both the reinstall and the repair. Any advice please? Thanks in advance. See if this article explains things: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=814442 OL2002: Error Messages After You Install Windows 2000 SP...

Duplicate, Duplicate, dupli ...

Combination Chart #4
Hello I am working in Excel 2003, and I would like to make a combination chart. I have 4 data series. I would like 2 of these series to be a regular column chart, and the other 2 series to be combined (in the same chart) into a stacked column chart. Two of the series (example value is 14 & 27) equal one of the other series which is 41. Is is possible to combine a column chart and a stacked column chart? Thank You Hi sue, Take a look at Jon's example for creating clustered stacks. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html Cheers Andy sue t wrote: > Hell...

Rules Error #4
Using Outlook 2002 with Exchange 2000 and one of the users receives the following error each time he opens Outlook: "Rules in Error - Server Requested Client Action - Movecopy, Unable to create dest message" This message appears to mean that there is an invalid rule setup but I have deleted all rules in Outlook and still receive this message??? ...

How do I duplicate numbering on a raffle?
I am creating an event ticket but would like to number the tickets on both the left and right sides of the ticket. Create a data base with your numbers. Use mail merge for the tickets. You can insert a mail merge field on both sides of your ticket. When you merge have one ticket on your screen. What version Publisher are you using. Some early versions of Publisher shows all the merge items the same in print preview. This is a Publisher bug. Mail, e-mail, and catalog merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH100502901033.aspx -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Candi...

How to delete "non-identical" duplicate records in an Access table
How to delete "non-identical" duplicate records in an Access Table? Where "non-identical" duplicate record means a record in the table that has slightly different datum in one of the fields, but an identical duplicate datum in the field that I am concerned with. For example: SSN MRN CLIENT NAME 001-00-2222 11170419 Smith, Jane 001-00-2222 11170419 Smith, Jane T 001-00-2222 11170419 Smith, Jane Thompson The data of these two records in the fields SSN and MRN are identical; but "non-identical" in the CLIENT NAME field (notice...

Duplicate ItemLookupcode
Any clues on how I could get duplicate itemlookupcodes?? I found a few of them recently. No SQL queries have been run to generate them and if I try to create a duplicate itemLookupCodes I am stopped with a message telling me to use a unique name. How could they have gotten in the database? Any clues, boos or comments appreciated. Thanks for all the help! Jamie W This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001F_01C755DB.F64982C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable As you mentioned, RMS Manager doesn't ...

excel graphs are locked up; no dragging or additional data entry a
my excell graphs have locked up and do not permit additional data entry or dragging. i note the file extension now has -group- next to it where it just contained file name only before today. must have hit wrong button but can't figure out what i have done. want to unlock graphs. thanks Hi, Sounds like you have select multiple worksheets, which will cause the [Group] to appear. Right click a sheet tab and choose Ungroup sheets. Cheers Andy horse.man wrote: > my excell graphs have locked up and do not permit additional data entry or > dragging. i note the file extension now ...

Find duplicates in a column
Hi, I have 6000 emails addresses in a col and wish to know if there are any duplicates. How can I do this please. I have Excel 2002. rock Assuming your emails are in A1 to A6000, in B1 enter =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$6000,A1) copy down B1 all the way to B6000 Apply a conditional format of red pattern on cells B1 to B6000 where Cell is greater than 1 and all duplicates will be shown in red. "rock" wrote: > Hi, > > I have 6000 emails addresses in a col and wish to know if there are any > duplicates. > > How can I do this please. > > I have Excel 2002. > ...

Duplicates!
Why do the songs in my media player library often duplicate or tripulicate themselves, so i end up with a library three times the size it should be. I have on occassions gone through and deleted all the replicated songs, but over a period of time they seem to "grow again" filling my library again with unwanted duplicates, taking up more space and memory. Is there anyway i can stop this happening????? Thanks. What version of WMP/Windows? First, make sure that WMP isn't monitoring the same folder twice. Duplicate songs can appear when, for example, both C:\Music a...

duplicate emails received
I've been receiving duplicate emails. This doesn't happen with all the emails I receive, only with some of them. "Leave a copy on the server" is not checked. I don't know the reason why this happens. Can somebody help me. Thanks in advance. ...

Delete duplicate record
Hi, I have a table with 10,000 rows and 10 columns. Column 1 has text values, I want to delete the record if they have a duplicate, that is delete all the records. So if Column 1 has a two, three, four,... rows with the same value I would delete ALL the two, three, four... rows. I have a query that finds the duplicate, but how do you delete this? Thanks for your help on this Dear Jeff, You could create an exact same table structure without any records. In that new table make the column 1 the primary key. Then append the table. "Jeff" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a t...

RM00401 duplicated document numbers
Hi everyone, We are using version 10.00 There are some batches that don't post correctly. When the posting process begins, is getting stuck in some point in the progress and crashes. When we search in the tables, the documents appear in both WORK and HIST SOPs. This case has ocurred before, so, what we do is search and be sure that the GL accounts are ok, affecting the right amounts and then, delete the transaction of the WORK table. The problem we have now, is that every time the batch is trying to post, creates a docnumbr in the RM00401 with the same number and 0's added. For exam...

update data validation list with new entries??
Hi Excel Gurus, I am very green @ XL so bear with me. I have created a shipping request form and added data validation drop down lists for every category (ship to company name, address, city, etc.) This data was imported from our preferred carriers online address book. What I am looking for is a way to have the source list update each time a user enters a new entry and have it placed into the appropriate list alphabetically. These are routinely shipped to locations but there are over 100 and growing each day. Thus far XL appears to be able to do anything except make me a cup of cof...

Outlook Profiles #4
Does anyone know how to auto-configure Outlook profiles (exchange server, alias, .pst, etc) at logon based on username??? Create a prf-file with the variable %username%. Instructions on the prf-file can be found in the Office Resource Kit -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Save Embedded Pictures in Their Original Format -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "MessageQuestor" <crayola5150@excite.com> wrote in message news:05790...

searching a column for duplicate, then replacing the row.
i have a userform that pulls in information from a row on spreadsheet. i.e. workbook(1).sheets(1) column A contains a list of numbers. userform1.listbox1 has a list of all the numbers in column A when the listbox1 is clicked it fills in all the appropriate control with what is in the other columns on the same row. column A number i placed in textbox1 on userform. right now, after changes to the form and the user clicks th commandbutton to save. it creates a whole new row with the same numbe in column A, so i have duplicates. is there a way to replace the entire row instead? with a msgbo...