Duplicate entries #3

How do I weed out duplicates in an excel file?

Do I just sort them and look through or is there a way to pick them
out?

Cheers

---

Data>filter>advanced filter, unique records only and copy to another
location

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"dancingbear72" <dancingbear72.yhu4c@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> How do I weed out duplicates in an excel file?
>
> Do I just sort them and look through or is there a way to pick them
> out?
>
> Cheers
>

> ---

terre08 (1112)
12/15/2003 7:46:20 PM
What constitutes a "duplicate" in your data?

Are your duplicates just single-cell entries in one column?  Is the column
sorted so all the duplicates would be next to each other?  If you did that,
would it mess up our data?

Or are your duplicates the repetition of data across several cells?  For
instance, if you had Last Name, First Name, and Phone No., would you have a
duplicate only if all three were repeated?

If you have the first instance - sorted single-cell entries in one column -
I have a macro I use that works well for me.  It highlights the duplicates
in red.

Ed

"dancingbear72" <dancingbear72.yhu4c@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> How do I weed out duplicates in an excel file?
>
> Do I just sort them and look through or is there a way to pick them
> out?
>
> Cheers
>

> ---

ed_millis1 (81)

Duplicates

Tax details from PO to Receiving Transaction Entry
I created a Purchase Order in POP and it is including taxes, when i attempt to receive it, it does not default the tax amount previously entered in PO. why do i need to re-enter it again? Do i miss anything here? Thanks, Taxes from the PO do not carry over the Receiving Transaction - go figure . . . Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com ...

Drop Down Menus #3
I am creating a spreadsheet with product name, numbers, manufacturers etc. I created drop down menus for product numbers using dat validation. Now I need to figure out how to make the other informatio (product name, manufacturer, etc) display in the other cells once select the product number. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks! -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi probably VLOOKUP is the function you're looking for. Some assumptions for my example: - A1 stores the result of your product-no. validation listbox - you have a data sheet (lets say 'product_data')...

Customersource #3
Hi! For the last 2 days I have been trying to log into customersource and I get error messages. Is the site down? HI Manny, I have been using this it is working. "Manny" wrote: > Hi! For the last 2 days I have been trying to log into customersource and I > get error messages. Is the site down? > > > ...

Dialog Fonts #3
Hi. I've got an application with a bunch of controls on it, eg, static text. I'd sized and laid out everything so that it looks good. But i've found that when i install on other computers with different font settings, my dialog is all screwed up. How do I get what the system font is? and how do i set my controls fonts to be the font and size that i want? >Hi. I've got an application with a bunch of controls on it, eg, static text. >I'd sized and laid out everything so that it looks good. How have you sized and laid it out? Are you doing this with the dialog edito...

SOP transactions not posted/posted??? #3
Hi, I have a weird sort of Error in the SOP module of Great Plains version 7 (pervasive) The smart list shows an Invoice as unposted, but when go do to the Sales Transaction entry screen and enter the invoice number, a pop up displays a message that the inovoice number is posted??? i have tried to run check links, but it shows no errors... so how can this be resolved... thanks in advance Sajid Saeed ...

Receiving duplicate emails

Error message
When I try to open Outlook 2000 (Vista OS) it always opens the Outlook 2000 Startup dialog box, as if startup never completed. Then I get the message "The procedure entry point StrTokEx could not be located in the dynamic link library MSOERT2.dll. I've tried to uninstall Outlook but it doesn't appear in Control Panel/ Programs or in Windows Install Cleanup. I've tried both the reinstall and the repair. Any advice please? Thanks in advance. See if this article explains things: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=814442 OL2002: Error Messages After You Install Windows 2000 SP...

Duplicate, Duplicate, dupli ...

Printing issues #3
I am trying to print a postcard (designed in publisher) using Avery #5389 postcard stock. I can't get the margins right so that both postcards are centered and don't overlap. Are you using a template? Are you saying your printer is not lining up correctly? Print to plain paper and adjust accordingly. Your roller may not be feeding quite right. If you are using a template there will be one card on your screen. Are you setting up the cards manually? This is the measurements you should be using in Arrange, layout guides, if you are doing the cards manually. Left and Right margi...

Easiest way of moving CRM 3 data to new server
We setup all of our CRM 3 data on an old server. Now that we are using CRM for real, we have ordered a nice new shiny box for CRM to run on. Is there an easy way to move the CRM data across from the current box to the new one? If not, its not a great problem, but would save a lot of boring jobs for someone here. Olly Check the Implementation Guide for the recovery options. You can follow those basic steps to "restore" the data to the new SQL box. Another option would be to explore the Redeployment Tool. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Oliver Marshall" <O...

How do I duplicate numbering on a raffle?
I am creating an event ticket but would like to number the tickets on both the left and right sides of the ticket. Create a data base with your numbers. Use mail merge for the tickets. You can insert a mail merge field on both sides of your ticket. When you merge have one ticket on your screen. What version Publisher are you using. Some early versions of Publisher shows all the merge items the same in print preview. This is a Publisher bug. Mail, e-mail, and catalog merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH100502901033.aspx -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Candi...

CRM 3.0 Performance 07-02-06
I have a customer who is a bit dissapointed in the performance of CRM in the Outlook client. CRM is running on a SBS server and there only is 5 users, no problem with performance, 2 3 ghz processors 3 gb ram. The problem is that he is comparing it to the financesystem with native database which responds the same time he click a button. CRM takes some time to load the first page and also performs slower than what he is used to opening the next pages of the same entity. He can't understand why this new product is so slow, tomorrow I have to explain it to him. Have any of you had this...

How to delete "non-identical" duplicate records in an Access table
How to delete "non-identical" duplicate records in an Access Table? Where "non-identical" duplicate record means a record in the table that has slightly different datum in one of the fields, but an identical duplicate datum in the field that I am concerned with. For example: SSN MRN CLIENT NAME 001-00-2222 11170419 Smith, Jane 001-00-2222 11170419 Smith, Jane T 001-00-2222 11170419 Smith, Jane Thompson The data of these two records in the fields SSN and MRN are identical; but "non-identical" in the CLIENT NAME field (notice...

Duplicate ItemLookupcode
Any clues on how I could get duplicate itemlookupcodes?? I found a few of them recently. No SQL queries have been run to generate them and if I try to create a duplicate itemLookupCodes I am stopped with a message telling me to use a unique name. How could they have gotten in the database? Any clues, boos or comments appreciated. Thanks for all the help! Jamie W This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001F_01C755DB.F64982C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable As you mentioned, RMS Manager doesn't ...

excel graphs are locked up; no dragging or additional data entry a
my excell graphs have locked up and do not permit additional data entry or dragging. i note the file extension now has -group- next to it where it just contained file name only before today. must have hit wrong button but can't figure out what i have done. want to unlock graphs. thanks Hi, Sounds like you have select multiple worksheets, which will cause the [Group] to appear. Right click a sheet tab and choose Ungroup sheets. Cheers Andy horse.man wrote: > my excell graphs have locked up and do not permit additional data entry or > dragging. i note the file extension now ...

Find duplicates in a column
Hi, I have 6000 emails addresses in a col and wish to know if there are any duplicates. How can I do this please. I have Excel 2002. rock Assuming your emails are in A1 to A6000, in B1 enter =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$6000,A1) copy down B1 all the way to B6000 Apply a conditional format of red pattern on cells B1 to B6000 where Cell is greater than 1 and all duplicates will be shown in red. "rock" wrote: > Hi, > > I have 6000 emails addresses in a col and wish to know if there are any > duplicates. > > How can I do this please. > > I have Excel 2002. > ...

Duplicates!
Why do the songs in my media player library often duplicate or tripulicate themselves, so i end up with a library three times the size it should be. I have on occassions gone through and deleted all the replicated songs, but over a period of time they seem to "grow again" filling my library again with unwanted duplicates, taking up more space and memory. Is there anyway i can stop this happening????? Thanks. What version of WMP/Windows? First, make sure that WMP isn't monitoring the same folder twice. Duplicate songs can appear when, for example, both C:\Music a...

What is normalization to a database from level 1
Hi Guys, Can I ask what normalization means to a database please like how would I do it and other stuff that would make it like this word? thanks. Bridget sarah. Check out this article which will answer your question: http://rdaworldwide.com/pdox/datanorm.pdf john "Bridget Sarah # Student" <birdiekelly95@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht news:12323C19-76A7-4999-965A-54A9652880CF@microsoft.com... > Hi Guys, > > Can I ask what normalization means to a database please like how would I > do it and other stuff that would make it like this word? > > than...

duplicate emails received
I've been receiving duplicate emails. This doesn't happen with all the emails I receive, only with some of them. "Leave a copy on the server" is not checked. I don't know the reason why this happens. Can somebody help me. Thanks in advance. ...

Delete duplicate record
Hi, I have a table with 10,000 rows and 10 columns. Column 1 has text values, I want to delete the record if they have a duplicate, that is delete all the records. So if Column 1 has a two, three, four,... rows with the same value I would delete ALL the two, three, four... rows. I have a query that finds the duplicate, but how do you delete this? Thanks for your help on this Dear Jeff, You could create an exact same table structure without any records. In that new table make the column 1 the primary key. Then append the table. "Jeff" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a t...

3.0 Installation Errors on Vista with Outlook 2007
Trying to install CRM laptop client on vista loaded laptop with Office 2007, I am getting the following errors: 1. Setup account is not a domain user 2. Unrecognized version of Outlook It will not let me continue. The laptop is not on the domain so I logged on as a domain admin and can start the install that way, but still get the Outlook error. Outlook works fine. IE 7 is configured and can access the CRM data that way, but this person needs the client. You need to be on the domain for the CRM client to install and function. if you are using Office 2007, try this client: http://w...