duplicate #2

I have spreadsheet that contains about 200,000 records. Many of them are
duplicated. How can I sort them out so that I can only have one of each?
0
Metalteck (29)

Metalteck wrote:
|| I have spreadsheet that contains about 200,000 records. Many of them
|| are duplicated. How can I sort them out so that I can only have one
|| of each?

have a look here:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#HighlightingDuplicates

--
Gordon Burgess-Parker
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

0
gordonbp11 (453)
5/11/2005 8:55:38 PM
ASAP Utilities has a feature that does this nicely..........

Free at www.asap-utilities.com

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Metalteck" <Metalteck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have spreadsheet that contains about 200,000 records. Many of them are
> duplicated. How can I sort them out so that I can only have one of each?

0
croberts (1377)

All + Everyone #2
Is there a simple way to send a message to everyone in my organization that has a mailbox? Thanks, Fred "Fred Stocker" <ftschirgi@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there a simple way to send a message to everyone in my organization that >has a mailbox? What release of Exchange? You can use a "Query Based Distribution List" with Exchange 2003. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm E2K3. I tried that but it didn't work. Thought maybe there was something I was missing. I'll try again. Fr...

Duplicates

CRM 1.2 Crystal Reports Error: updateViewState failed
When any user in the system tries to display a report, CRM gives the following error: ------------------------------------------ CrystalReportViewer updateViewState failed Your request was cancelled. The necessary security privileges could not be verified. Please contact your system administrator. ------------------------------------------ We are using CRM 1.2 on Win S2003. How can I fix this? -- /Fredrik try restarting the crystal services and test again -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Fredr...

Preventing date from changing #2
I'm using excel for invoicing purposes. I have it set up so that when I open the master invoice the date is automatically inserted with the "Now" command. My problem is that when/if I open this same invoice at a later date; that original date will change to the current date. I would like the original date to remain. Is this possible? Enter the date using CTRL ; Barb Reinhardt "theslaz" <slaz@home.com> wrote in message news:zMuze.123903$tt5.74430@edtnps90... > I'm using excel for invoicing purposes. I have it set up so that when I > open the master ...

Publisher and tables #2
I am making a booklet. I am putting info in as a table and I need to know if there is a way to get my table to automatically continue on to the next page. No, Publisher hasn't this function. Word does... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Kimmy" <Kimmy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DECEF3A8-23C9-41A6-8854-325677ECA48D@microsoft.com... >I am making a booklet. I am putting info in as a table and I need to know if > there is a way to get my table to automatically continue on ...

Release Mode #2
Hi All, i am facing a very typical problem that is when i execute my program in debug mode it runs but when i do the same thing in Release Mode it give error DialogBox with 2 buttons Close and Degug. My program is simple MFC program with no DLL. Whats Wrong? Thankx , Parijat. Hi Parijat, Check out this article: http://www.codeproject.com/debug/releasemode.asp Tom "PARIJAT" <parijat_3000@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1157667899.008369.290210@d34g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > Hi All, > > i am facing a very typical problem that is when i execute my program i...

Receiving duplicate emails

Missing Mail #2
We have just downloaded our email and read 1 message then returned to outlook to find all mail in our inbox gone along with our contacts and personal folders. Is there a virus out there that might have caused this? Is there anyway we can get the information back? Natalie <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We have just downloaded our email and read 1 message then > returned to outlook to find all mail in our inbox gone > along with our contacts and personal folders. > > Is there a virus out there that might have caused this? > > Is there anyway we ca...

Exchange Routing #2
Hi There, I am running EX2K3 with SP2, with 3 bridgehead servers, in Sydney, Manchester, and Melbourne. My Exchange servers that are located in the UK, use 3 RGC's with 3 different costings in the following order Manchester bridgehead (20), Sydney Bridgehead(30), Melbourne Bridgehead (40). For some reason my Exchange server continues to use my Sydney bridgehead server through the second RGC, and not my default Manchester RGC which has a lower cost. However, if I delete the Sydney RGC it works via Manchester, or if I make Sydney RGC more expensive than Melbourne RGC it will also use...

Duplicate, Duplicate, dupli ...

autosave #2
Anyone know why my autosave and autorecovery do not work at all. This has me frustrated. We had a power outage just now and I lost data. thanks Bacchus Don't know why the Autorecovery didn't work. What are your settings at Tools>Options>Save? Autorecovery checked "on"? Time is set to? There is no Autosave in XL2002 and 2003 as there was in earlier versions. Autorecovery from Tools>Options>Save is it. This is not the same as Autosave which made true incremental saves at intervals. Autorecovery just saves a temporary file which it deletes if Excel cl...

How do I duplicate numbering on a raffle?
I am creating an event ticket but would like to number the tickets on both the left and right sides of the ticket. Create a data base with your numbers. Use mail merge for the tickets. You can insert a mail merge field on both sides of your ticket. When you merge have one ticket on your screen. What version Publisher are you using. Some early versions of Publisher shows all the merge items the same in print preview. This is a Publisher bug. Mail, e-mail, and catalog merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH100502901033.aspx -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Candi...

How to add checkboxes selectively on listview control #2
It seems SetExtendedStyle (LVS_EX_CHECKBOXES |LVS_EX_ONECLICKACTIVATE ); adds checkboxes to EVERY row, but I just want to have it every other row. How to do this? Thanks. Jiac You can remove the checkboxes on the row you don't want with the CListCtrl function SetItemState(lRowNumer,0,LVIS_STATEIMAGEMASK); lRowNumer is the rownumbe Hi, This is what I did: ..SetItemState (0,0,LVIS_STATEIMAGEMASK); I wanted to remove the first row for testing, but it still shows. Please help. I put this after I insert the item. Does it matter where and how many times I call SetExtendedStyle (LVS_E...

Visual Basic Code #2
Hi, I am trying to write some visual basic code behind a macro and I want it to do the following. 1) Select the whole of coloum C 2) Activate the find box as in (CTRL + F) Alternativly some code so that I could enter something in cell A1 then click the macro and it would search coloumn C for the value that is in cell A1. Many thanks, Glenn If you search VBA Help for: FindMethod you'll see some examples. Meanwhile....Here's something to get you started: Sub UseFind() Dim vResult Dim sht As Worksheet Set sht = ActiveSheet With sht Set vResult = .Range("C:C") _ ...

Records ending in a "2"
I have rows of text records, with each cell containing 6 characters, starting with 2 letters and ending with 4 numbers. In every row, exactly one record ends in a "2". In a separate column, I would like to pull out the contents of that cell. For example, if the row contains BJ2655, EA1862, and DL1911, I want the formula to return EA1862. Thanks for any help. Using Excel 97. Ken If you don't want to use VB, then the easy way to do it with plain worskheet functions is: =CONCATENATE(IF(RIGHT(A1,1)="2",A1,""),IF(RIGHT(B1,1) ="2",B1,"&quo...

2 version of outlook
Hi My PC has been set-up so that outlook express is my default e-mail client (ie. dealing with all the junk mail, etc..) and Outlook 2003 (different e-mail address) I have been using to collect e-mail off all my mates. This has worked fine up until know. I am in the middle of setting up a new company, and want tokeep my personel and company related documents seperate. As I am using Windows XP I thought I'd create a new user and use Outlook 2003 as the default e-mail client. What happens now is that every time I log in as the other user I and run one of the e-mail clients, the othe...

How to delete "non-identical" duplicate records in an Access table
How to delete "non-identical" duplicate records in an Access Table? Where "non-identical" duplicate record means a record in the table that has slightly different datum in one of the fields, but an identical duplicate datum in the field that I am concerned with. For example: SSN MRN CLIENT NAME 001-00-2222 11170419 Smith, Jane 001-00-2222 11170419 Smith, Jane T 001-00-2222 11170419 Smith, Jane Thompson The data of these two records in the fields SSN and MRN are identical; but "non-identical" in the CLIENT NAME field (notice...

New .Net 2.0 Install?
I'm attempting to install Financial Calculator software for my Palm 700w. When I do I prompted to install .Net 2.0.50727. Will this cause any issues with CRM 3.0? I don't want to mes something up that I can't fix. Thanks. Hi Lloyd, Are you installing the finance calc on your PC? if so, you are ok because CRM is a server based app. You use internet explorer (or outlook) to access CRM, but the processing is done on the web server. So, the framework on your local pc doesn't matter. Also, the CRM web server must be configured to use .net 1.1. Note: you can install .net 2.0...

Bug in DRP with monthly payments?? #2
I have an annoying problem with the debt reduction planner that has been around for at least a few versions. I am currently using v2006. If I go into the debt reduction planner, then select base my plan on: what I want to pay each month and enter anything other than the minimum required payment, I get some crazy results for the payment schedule chart. For example, it tells me I need at least $2500 for debt payments. If I put that amount in something larger, say $3000, then for the first month it applies $20,000 to debt and the next month like $10,000. Where does it come up with the...

Duplicate ItemLookupcode
Any clues on how I could get duplicate itemlookupcodes?? I found a few of them recently. No SQL queries have been run to generate them and if I try to create a duplicate itemLookupCodes I am stopped with a message telling me to use a unique name. How could they have gotten in the database? Any clues, boos or comments appreciated. Thanks for all the help! Jamie W This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001F_01C755DB.F64982C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable As you mentioned, RMS Manager doesn't ...

Duplicates!
Why do the songs in my media player library often duplicate or tripulicate themselves, so i end up with a library three times the size it should be. I have on occassions gone through and deleted all the replicated songs, but over a period of time they seem to "grow again" filling my library again with unwanted duplicates, taking up more space and memory. Is there anyway i can stop this happening????? Thanks. What version of WMP/Windows? First, make sure that WMP isn't monitoring the same folder twice. Duplicate songs can appear when, for example, both C:\Music a...

Find duplicates in a column
Hi, I have 6000 emails addresses in a col and wish to know if there are any duplicates. How can I do this please. I have Excel 2002. rock Assuming your emails are in A1 to A6000, in B1 enter =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$6000,A1) copy down B1 all the way to B6000 Apply a conditional format of red pattern on cells B1 to B6000 where Cell is greater than 1 and all duplicates will be shown in red. "rock" wrote: > Hi, > > I have 6000 emails addresses in a col and wish to know if there are any > duplicates. > > How can I do this please. > > I have Excel 2002. > ...