Dropdown list data validation - word wrap

I have a column of cells that contain part names and descriptions. The
descriptions are multi-lined within the cell via line feeds of Alt+Enter.

I would like to use this range as the source for a data list. However the
drop down list generated shows each cell as a continous line.

Eg, if I have a cell with

Whistle
Type: Shiny
With chain

Then the drop down list row for this is:-
WhistleType: ShinyWith chain

Is there any way to just use the first line?

I know I could separate the name from the description but this will impact
on the functionality of the rest of my work!

Any help appreciated. Thanks, Andy

Create list to choose from
Hi, I'm just trying to create a short pulldown list in a spreadsheet. Instead of having to retype repetitve selections for this spreadsheet that gets used a lot, I'd like to create a pulldown list, but I'm not sure which kind of list to choose and I'm not sure how to enter the list. Can anyone help. Thanks a bunch. Diana Hi Dianah i'ld go with data / validation check out Debra Dalgleish's site for details http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html cheers JulieD "Dianah" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:OLWdR3GWEHA.2716@tk2msftngp13.phx....

find a description in a list and add it in an other one
Hello, I would like to create a small vb code, to find a description in a list and add it in an other one... Let me explain my case : I have an excel spreadsheet with two sheets... The first one (sheet "result") contents a list like this one : D10993300 YG37 DistrDemand (Plnd.) D10385135 YG38 Total Demand D10387412 YT23 Dependent Demand D10385167 TE45 Total Demand This list can have a very variable size, One line or several thousands of line The second one, sheet "Dcode list" contents the description of ALL the code like "D10993300" D10383164 p...

Dropdown menu
How do I add a dropdown menu in my workbook? You can use Data Validation to create dropdown lists. There are instructions in Excel's help, and here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html keisha wrote: > How do I add a dropdown menu in my workbook? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

How do I create a scroll list of macro buttons?
I have created several buttons for different macros on one worksheet. How can I make some type of scroll list that contains each macro button? Place the buttons on a Toolbar which is activated when that worksheet is activated. Private Sub Worksheet_Activate() Application.CommandBars("new bar name").Visible = True End Sub Private Sub Worksheet_Deactivate() Application.CommandBars("new bar name").Visible = False End Sub Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 13:15:04 -0800, "RobertM" <RobertM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have created s...

Names Drop down list
I have version 2002 SP-2 Outlook. Also, under tools/options/email options/advanced email options, I have "suggest names while completing" and "automatic name checking" checked. I was recently moved from outlook express to Outlook. Now when I write a letter, when I start writing a name, nothing happens. When I start writing an email address, then I get a suggestion drop down list. , How do I get names to do that,. I had no problem in Outlook Express. ...

How do I create a dropdown within a dropdown?
I know how to create a dropdown list. On one or more of the items in that dropdown list, I would like to create another dropdown. How do I do this? The second list dependent on what was chosen in the first???? If you used Data|validation for your dropdown list, then you could visit Debra Dalgleish site: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html Joyce Keller wrote: > > I know how to create a dropdown list. > On one or more of the items in that dropdown list, I would like to create > another dropdown. > How do I do this? -- Dave Peterson ...

Sort and sum data in a table
I have a table of names, with multiple entries of each name. Each name has 5 columns of data that needs to be summed up. If I use a pivot table, it does not allow me to have column A as the name, B the sum of column B, C the sum of C, etc. It forces the data into individual rows, which is not good. Is there a way to create a list of unique names, and then sum up each column of data for each of these names? Thanks in advance Tim, Perhaps you need to put the name header (column A) into the row area of the pivot table, and each of the B, C, etc., headers into the data area, for totals...

Text wrapping for appointments
I am a new user to Outlook. When I print out a daily calendar page, appointments that I typed in are cut off. The text did not "wrap." My right margin is OK. Any advice? Thanks! "Wendy" <Wendy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D2B6A8F-8A33-455F-AB0F-5A5D279205B4@microsoft.com... >I am a new user to Outlook. When I print out a daily calendar page, > appointments that I typed in are cut off. The text did not "wrap." My > right > margin is OK. Any advice? Thanks! If you're using Outlook 2007, the Outlo...

DropDown
Need to be able to enter first several letters of a name and have the dropdown pick them up as I type in the name. Had it on a demo worksheet in my "learn" files BUT lost it somewhere. Please refer me to where I can pick up some samples to use.. Thank You.. Ensure the AutoWordSelect property of the combobox is set to true (default) -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.ukANDTHIS www.nickhodge.co.uk "jlmccabes" <jlmccabes@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message news:kLxeh.9601$yj1.496@tornado.tampabay.rr.com... &...

background color of individual list items
I was wondering if someone might know if it is possible change the background color of a listbox so that one line was the default white and another line was some other color. If not, I guess I will have to use individual label controls for this. I would rather use a listbox though. Thanks, Roger You can do that if you set the owner draw flag. It is pretty easy. take a look these examples: http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/listbox/colorlistboxes/article.php/c4745/ http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/listbox/colorlistboxes/article.php/c1611/ What you would have to do is o...

Validation 01-13-10
How to set a cell requested to input in the format of A123 (i.e. one letter plus three digits) by data > validation . I believe this custom formula will work: =AND(CODE(UPPER(LEFT(F3,1)))>=65,CODE(UPPER(LEFT(F3,1)))<=90,ISNUMBER(--RIGHT(F3,3)),LEN(F3)=4) Checks if first character is a letter(character code greater than 65 [A] and less than 90 [Z]), checks if last 3 characters create a number, and if total length of text is 4. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "yclhk" wrote: > How to set a cell...

Data Migration 08-20-04
I am doing some research on data migration. My scenario, involves migration data on routine basis, such leads which are in sql server. What is the recommended soultion? I have read in white paper, about using data mapping and DTS. Has someone used DTS and how was the experience ? Thanks for your help. Would apreciate, if you can give summary steps do get DTS working. Jazz, For data migration on an ongoing basis, the best solution would probably be Scribe Insight for MS CRM. www.scribesoft.com Stephen "Jazz Singh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

DropDown Buttons
Hi, I need to create a drop down button that will show a drop down menu when a user clicks it then allow the user to select an option from the dorp down menue. This needs to be a stand alone button that can be placed anywhere and not a menu button that must be part of a menu. Here is a link to an image of the type of button I am wanting to create http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/2304/dropdownbutton9cp.jpg If anyone has any suggestions or knows of any good resources please post them up. Thanks in advanced, Ryan One way is to bring up a popup window when the button is clicked. Try th...

Export data from List box
Hi, I'd like to export data from a list box on a form. The list box has a stored procedure with parameter as RecordSource and I want to do it with a click button event. I need to copy data in csv format, but if it's difficult tell me how I can do it in other formats. Many thanks for your answers. Angelo ...

Recovering data from an OST file
Here's the scenario: While doing a test setup of SBS, I set up the server with an FQDN, let's say: mine.acme.local and the DNS name is acme.com. I set up a couple of accounts (account A and account B) and was sending/receiving email fine. I was accessing these accounts from workstations A and B, using a profile, let's call ProfileAMine on Workstation A. When I moved to the final setup (I erased the original installation and everything on it), I changed the FQDN to minenew.acme.local, the DNS name remains the same: acme.com. Account A was set up to receive, in addition to E...

LDAP Filter on Adress List
Dear Support, How to built one adress list by Organisation Unit? I must find only recipients of this OU. Thanks for helping I manage an exchange environment for a school at a university. Many of our faculty have very large mailboxes and like to keep their mail for ever. As silly as it may sound, I try to support this. My peferred configuration for these people is to auto-archive mail from the server into a .pst when it reaches some age then divide their pst files into years for permanent archiving. The benefits for this are obvious. The problem is how to backup the local copy of...

eConnect10 JE Import doesn't validate if accounts require AA code
eConnect Wish List: When importing GL Journal Entries into GP 10 with Analytical Accounting installed, eConnect does not validate whether accounts have required AA codes. The journal entry will import, but it will have errors and will not post if the accounts require an AA code. I'm having to develop a query to validate all of the accounts in the source data prior to import to determine if they require AA and make sure the AA code exists in the source data prior to import. Thanks, Steve -- Steve Endow Dynamics GP MCT ---------------- This post is a suggesti...

Auto dropdown
I would like the list of a combobox to dropdown when the form (where the combox is in) is opened. How can I do that? Thanks, John On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 20:33:18 +0100, John wrote: > I would like the list of a combobox to dropdown when the form (where the > combox is in) is opened. > How can I do that? > Thanks, > John Only when the form is first opened? Code the form's Load event: Me.ComboName.SetFocus Me.ComboName.Dropdown -- Fred Please respond only to this newsgroup. I do not reply to personal e-mail Please ignore, I found the solution: Me!<<ComboName>...

exchange 2007 central address lists
Hi Guys What's the best way to handle this one? -Require a central address list most people will have read access and a couple of people read/write to keep it updated -Several thousand users and groups from none exchange days so in .pst file -No reason that these are in the GAL because they are just mailing lists and no need for AD involvement Cheers A contacts-type public folder might work for you. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "martin" <usenet@etiqa.co.uk> wrote in messag...

Data was deleted and saved by mistake..need to go back
I need to go back to the data before it was saved, can anyone help Richard don't get your hopes up. Unless you have a copy or a backup ... it's gone. Regards Trevor "Richard" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1084801c3bea6$222d5270$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I need to go back to the data before it was saved, can > anyone help ...

list all menus
Hi, I need to get a list of every menu of every application currently open. By using GetWindow i am able to list all the applications and then by using GetMenu, GetSubMenu, GetMenuText etc I can get the menu details. The problem is that it works perfectly for some applications but not others. For example, I can see all the menus in Notepad and Task Manager but no menus at all for Visual Studio, Internet Explorer or any Explorer windows. Does anyone know why this is? Is it possible to list every menu of every app or should i give up? Thanks, mav I've just checked what you did...

select From dropdown and return another dropdown menu
Hi, i am looking for help with dropdowns and returns. I would like to b able to have staff select their business area from a dropdown menu, when a business area is selected i would like it to then offer the corresponding cost codes for that business area as a dropdown and those cost codes be available for selection. Is it possible? many thanks in anticipation. Nigel hi not sure but see if this is what you want http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html regards FSt1 "RE4379" wrote: > Hi, > > i am looking for help with dropdowns and retur...

Duplicate data
Hi Group, Win xp, Access 2007 This is an estimating form for an electrical contractor. We have the db set up with a main form for entering info like contractor name, estimate control number, job location etc. The main form has a continuous subform for entering the parts needed for a particular project. frmOrder. sfrmOrderDetails. What happens sometimes is that there will be a property with identical requirements as a previously entered property. There can be 100 or so different parts for a job. If we've entered all the info for the job at Maryvale subdivision lot 12 an...

Create template that ignors data list rules
Question: Is there a way to copy all rows in a worksheet [template] to a master data list at the same time, and have possibly several users saving their worksheet forms simultaneously with the data list being updated automatically as they save their work or is there a better way to accomplish this task using Excel? Please explain like I'm a two year old. The plan is for several users on a network to enter data in an Excel 2002 form [1 worksheet each user] the form contains about 17 rows with 10 columns on a template. When the users save their form the data will be automatically copied ...

outlook 2003 user cannot see members of distribution list
I have an outlook 2003 user who, when clicking on a distribution list or an individual name in a received email; the dialog box appears displaying the properties of the person or group, but there is nothing showing up in the "member of" tab. this is the only user I have affected. any help would be appreciated. Normally when clicking on a user of group listed in the "To" of an email the properties can be viewed showing the groups the individual is a member of, etc. Have you tried creating a new mail profile for this user? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post ...