drop down selection determines other drop down content

I'd like to set up dropdown lists in which their content (list) is determined
from a selection of another dropdown.

Example:

If you select 'project1' from columnA's dropdown list, columnB's dropdown
list content will feature task1, task2, & task3.

While if you select 'project2' from columnA's dropdown list, columnB's
dropdown list content will feature task4, task5, & task6.

I've tried using VLOOKUP to accomplish this task with no success; any advice
will be greatly appreciated.

0
lskelton (1)

See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.Dropdowns.html and

HTH

RP

"lskelton" <lskelton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'd like to set up dropdown lists in which their content (list) is
determined
> from a selection of another dropdown.
>
> Example:
>
> If you select 'project1' from columnA's dropdown list, columnB's dropdown
> list content will feature task1, task2, & task3.
>
> While if you select 'project2' from columnA's dropdown list, columnB's
> dropdown list content will feature task4, task5, & task6.
>

> I've tried using VLOOKUP to accomplish this task with no success; any
advice
> will be greatly appreciated.

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)

email mail merge drops attachment
I'm attempting an email mail merge to a recruiters database using Microsoft Outlook 2002. I'm running Windows XP on a home network with a shared internet connection, ISP is Optimum Online. The mail merge portion works fine. My problem is the outgoing emails are dropping an important attachment, which is my resume. Can anyone help? Individual emails with the same attachment work fine. The attachment gets dropped when I send the same email out of a mail merge. Please reply to MStieglitz@optonline.net Thanks very much for your help. This is a limitation of Ma...

selected value is not saved in combo box
I have problem with saving a combo box selected values in excel file. I've created a simple excel file using Office 2003. I've added a combo-box to one of worksheets. After I am selecting any value in the combo-box, saving the excel file and closing it. After opening the file there is no value selected in the combo-box. What I need to do in order to be able to keep selected values in the combo-box after closing and opening the excel file. Thanks in advance! -- MarkDev ------------------------------------------------------------------------ MarkDev's Profile: http://www.excel...

Two subforms, one based on selection in the other
I have a master list of tags, with a related table of documents for each tag. I have a query that select relevant tags based on 'owners', and would like a form that present all the relevant tags on the left, and the relevant documents for the selected tag on the right. TBL_Tag: *TAG Description Area misc.... TBL_DocRef: *DocNo *GenId TAG and GenId are the related fields. First, don't use the word Tag as a field or control name. It is a reserved word (it is a property of controls and forms), so using it as a field name will likely lead to problems unless ...

Determine Full Path of an Opened XL File
While having a workbook XL file opened, is there a way/menu selection that will allow me to see the full file path (under Windows XPpro) ? and possibly the date that the opened file was last revised? I fear that I might have opened an outdated file and making data revisions incorrectly. Thanks. Vince Long Island, NY When I opened an .xls with my Excel97 the File Menu had it listed as File #1. File/Properties gave me access that File's info including various dates. Selecting the General Tab and right-clicking the Filename exposed the whole path. Geo. "Vince" <NoSPAM2TH...

Page Breaks and Drag & Drop
If you turn off "Allow Cell Drag and Drop" in the edit options, you will also lose the ability to drag page breaks. As far as I can tell, there is no other way to move automatic page breaks. ...

Determining when user adds new records
I have a form that allows adding new records. I want to set a few controls to particular values (based on user ID and location) when the new record is first displayed. Can I trap the new record addition anywhere? I don't think you can trap it per se. but you can set a timestamp when the new record is created, and by whom. Use the Current event: Sub Form_Current() If Me.NewRecord = True Then Me.txtTimeStamp = Now Me.txtUser = fOSUserName() End If End Sub The fOSUserName function is here: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0008.htm -- Ar...

Selective Graphing
I have a list of data in a column of cells that all have a formula, which will fill depending on what I place in the previous columns. If there is a number in the column before it, a number will be placed in the list. I want to graph this list of data however when there is no number in the cell yet, it still graphs it as a zero on my grpahs because there is still an if statement in the cell. How do i get my graph to ignore the cells that donts have numbers in it even though they have a formula written in it. It would have been nice to see you formula but her goes I you have something...

Matrix items selection at POS
One of my stores will only handle wholesale transactions. We use matrix items for clothes. So we need a matrix item selection add-in to select multiple items at a time (and to enter different quantities at this time). RMS Manager use this feature for Transfers in and out and somewhere else; but SO has another matrix selector which only allows to select one item at a time. Not usefull at all!! is there any add-in for this. Would anybody help us developing it? Thanks Gustavo Matrix Plus from www.rmsstore.com FashionBundle from www.retailrealm.us And there was another company developin...

Problem in selecting the latest date
I am using Excel 97 Microsoft Query. There are a number of tables from SQL Server for analysis. For the same Registration Number, there are more than one Registration Date (One in 2000, One in 2001 ...). I would like to know is it possible for me to retrieve the row with latest date ? Is there any suggestion ? Thanks Mark, it is certainly possible. You need to rfence the table twice in MSQuery so that your final query looks something like Select A.* from TableName A where a.date = ( select max(B.date) from TableName B and A.RegistrationNum = B.RegistrationNum) --- Message po...

excel vba
is there a way to set up something or even a macro which once i print m sheet, it will erase the numbers which i have in my cells, but not th formulas i have set up in the formula bar. the reason being is m invoice system has to obviously be cleared after each transaction, bu i don't want to lose the formulas i have set up -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Chief there isn't (AFAIK) an "after print" event that you can tap into for the code to run automatically, but there is a "before save" event which means that if you put the following code int...

Copy contents of a cell into a blank cell
How do I copy the contents of cell B2 into cell D2 only if D2 is empty Hi It cannot be done with a formula - only with VBA. The following code should achieve what you described Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Address = "$D$2" Then If Range("D2") = "" Then Range("D2") = Range("B2").Value End If End Sub To Use Copy Code above Right click on sheet tab>View Code Paste code into white pane that appears Alt+F11 to return to Excel -- Regards Roger Govier "fire9...

what code pulls in contents of a cell in an Excel header/footer?
I want to put a code in a header/footer to pull in the contents of cell a1. I thought it was \A1, but this doesn't work, and I can't find any reference to how to do this. Ronny, To my knowledge, there's no code. But you can paste this into the ThisWorkbook module: Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Sheets("Sheet1").PageSetup.CenterHeader = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value End Sub To do that, get into the VBE (Alt - F11). Double-click the ThisWorkbook item in the Project manager, which should open a window for the code behin...

Printing the Contents of a rith edit ctrl?
Hello, I Have a Dialog that I have created. It Contains a Rich edit Control. I am using this dialog to display the contents of a text file. I would like to be able to print the contents of the file to a printer. I have looked at CprintDialog. I assume that this gives me a “Printer Device Context” that I can then use to print with. How do I then take this “Printer Device Context” and use it to print the contents of ether my file or the contents of the Rich edit control. "Tim" <tgfrancis@qinetiq.com> wrote in message news:05991F38-B1BC-41F9-8600-F1222E61DB0A@microsoft.c...

Determine Which Button was Right-Clicked?
All, I am using the code below (started from a sample from one of these groups) to programmatically create a series of buttons in a vertical strip on a form on Form Open. I have a context menu which appears when the user right-clicks any button on the form. How do I "tell" the context menu (really a function on the context menu) which button was right-clicked? I know how to get button attributes when the user left-clicks...but that's not what I need... Is there a way to do this? Thanks, Patrick Code::: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ...

Drop Down Filter
Hi, I have data that I input in from Column A to F [cells 1- 50]. In column G I have the total of these rows. How can I produce a custom filter on column G that works from a drop down that will show 3 things - <500, 500-999 and more than 999? The cells with numbers not required will remain there but will not show any value. I can do it via custom filter but have to set it every time and it does not allow more than 2 filters. Thanks as usual, Bob. You could insert another column into the table. For example, in cell H1, enter the heading: Group In cell H2, enter the formula: ...

Selecting font and style
I am a newbie to the publisher and to publishing in general. I need a recommendation on what font and font size to use for a newsletter body? I realize it is a personal preference choice but I was wondering if there are maybe like 3 or 4 fonts most commonly used as Body Text. In my Word documents I mostly use Times New Roman but I am not sure if it is a good choice for a newletter Thank you in advance for any suggestions On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 08:21:08 -0800, "Dimitry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am a newbie to the publisher and to publishing in ge...

Select Bank Transaction Windows No transaction
Dear All, We are using Microsoft Dynamics GP 10 SP4 middle east-English. When iam reconciling bank statement, in select bank transaction window, iam not getting the transactions which i have entered using the selected checkbook. Any help is highly appreciated. ...

Can a previously archived folder accept new emails via drag and drop?
Can someone confirm for me that this really works. I archived my old email via the traditional way and have subsequently just dragged and dropped some new emails into the archive folder. Do this subsequent and one-by-one approach work so that those dragged emails are now off the server and on my c drive in the archive pst file? Please confirm if you know. Thanks Confirm if we know what? You have provided no information with your post. We don't know your Outlook version, we don't know your transport type, we don't know what you mean by "via the traditional way,&q...

Show Public Folder Contacts in Outlook contacts list drop down.
Hello, I was wondering how to add a public folder in Exchange 2003 that was setup for contacts to show up when composing an email in Outlooks contacts list. Thank you, Russ Right click the PF and select Properties. Go to the Outlook Address Book tab and check the "Show this folder as an email Addess Book" field. It should appear under the Address Book drop down. "VIT" wrote: > Hello, > > I was wondering how to add a public folder in Exchange 2003 that was setup > for contacts to show up when composing an email in Outlooks contacts list. > > T...

Outlook 2000 automatically downloads body if header selected
I'm running Outlook 2000. Until this morning, I would operate as follows: 1) Tools > Send and receive > account (which downloads headers) 2) Select the headers I wanted 3) Tools > download > selectec items OR delete them But today, when I select a header, the body immediately gets downloaded. I've checked all settings, can't find a setting that applies. My preview pane is closed. AutoPreview is enabled, but it always has been.... Suggestions? Thanks Problem solved. Hours of Googling didn't help. Finally solved the problem - I'd installed a bluetooth d...

Obtaining selected printer name
Hi, Having called AfxGetApp()->SelectPrinter(m_hDevNames, m_hDevMode, FALSE); how do I obtain the printer name, e.g. "\\Hostname\Printername"? Also how do I get a handle to the selected printer? TIA Jan Found it: DEVMODE FAR * pDevMode = (DEVMODE FAR *)::GlobalLock(m_hDevMode); pDevMode->dmDeviceName; ::GlobalUnlock(m_hDevMode); Sorry for the nuisance. Its been a long day. Jan "Jan M" <jan@acu.no-ip.com> wrote in message news:#7MdFAhyHHA.5964@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Having called > > AfxGetApp()->SelectPrinter(m_hDevN...

Multifile select in FileOpen dialog
Hello everyone. My app (SDI) requires several different data files to be loaded, after which it does some serious number crunching. It would be best if, rather than the user having to open each file individually, they can select several files at once in the standard OpenFile dialog. Is this possible, and if so where do I go for more info? Thanks in advance! Since this is an MFC newsgroup, I'll assume you are using MFC and recommend that you use the CFileDialog class. Just set the OFN_ALLOWMULTISELECT flag in the OPENFILENAME structure (in CFileDialog::m_ofn). The documentation for ...

How do I get the contents of a directory
Hi, I want to get a the contents of a directory (files and directories, particularly the latter). How do I do this? "hamishd" <Hamish.Dean@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1149313849.386484.4590@y43g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Hi, I want to get a the contents of a directory (files and directories, > particularly the latter). How do I do this? Use FindFirstFile/FindNextFile/FindClose from the Windows API or CFileFind from MFC. HTH Heinz ...

Place actual selection name in table instead of ID #?
I have a CBO that places the companies ID in my table instead of the actual companys name. I know this is how it is suppose to work but I need it to place the actual name that the user selects into the table. How is this done I know of a way? In that case you have to change the field in the designated table because initally you would store a number and now you want to store text. So change the field to text and then change the bound column of the CBO to 2 (which is probably the field which shows the name). This way you can still use the combo but it will store the name in the table (as...

[Right-clicking a CTreeCtrl] how to select the item under the mouse?
Hi, I need to move the current selection in the tree to the node under the mouse pointer when the user right-clicks the node. My problem lies in the use of HitTest: POINT p; GetCursorPos(&p); CPoint cp; UINT flags; cp.SetPoint( p.x, p.y ); HTREEITEM selected = faqTree_->HitTest( cp, &flags ); if( selected != NULL && (TVHT_ONITEM & flags) ) { faqTree_->SelectItem( selected ); } I don't think I'm getting the right coordinates above. What can I use instead of GetCursorPos() ? Thanks -Thorsten This will help: http://www.codeguru.com/forum/...